Mount and Blade

Let's change that shall we?

Did they say anything about the situation in their home country? Hopefully that didn't affect the game's development.

I'm guessing that was your train of thought too, and then you made a shitpost instead of formulating a real OP. Kill yourself shitposter.

I recently got obsessed with this game but then I ruined the fun with cheats. What are some incredible mods that will redeem the game for me?

playing the game normally

Doesn't seem to have, their twitter is active and replying to people

What do I do? I'm going to pass 1300 renown soon and I'll have a band of like ~120. I'll certainly be able to take every city in the game, even the ones with ~500 guys in.

Do I just stop playing? Do I stick it out and get spammed with
for the rest of the game? It just seems silly when I can fund and train the best troops in the game with no effort.

Maybe I should start again with that one Rhodok playthrough I madeā€¦
Who's best faction for you guys?
I went with the Vaegirs for balanced troop composition but then realised I could just make heavy cavalry and beat any lord out in open spaces.
Swadia is probably the greatest, but Nords are tempting for sieging since they're fucking invincible infantry v. infantry.

Seriously, the game's just dying and I want to keep having fun but there's no challenge. I tried facing like, 750 guys with 60 knights and I only got 2 or 3 units every time the enemy would spawn like, 60 and that was aids. There's no way I can manipulate the game to be fun.

Stannis status:
[X] The Mannis
[_] Not The Mannis

noice
i only managed to take king's landing and kill the queen with him
but for some reason in the newer version westerlands die really fast without me even having to help
in my current playthrough it took only 200 days for the westerlands and iron islands to get conquered by the north/riverlands, while i was still making dyeworks and trading

Is this a game in which I can go on a holy crusade with big swords and heavy armor?

Short answer: Yes.
Long answer: Vanilla is its own game with its own world with medieval inspired factions. You have the Not-Vikings, the Not-Mongols, the Not-Kievan Rus, the Not-Italian City States, the Not-French/Germans, and the Not-Kebab. You can join whatever faction suits you or you can take a castle and make your own. Becoming marshal of a faction allows you to rally most of the lords of that faction to follow you around so you can get them to assist you in your crusading against the other factions as well. There are plenty of mods for the game that either affect gameplay or completely change the game. I recommend Europe 1257, Warsword Conquest (Warhammer mod), and Clash of Kings (Game of Thrones mod). I also recommend playing vanilla for a bit before trying out mods but it's ultimately your call.

Calm down Brienne.

Is it findable on the share thread?

Cool story bro. Enjoyed it thoroughly

Good story telling. This is why we love Warband threads.

no one plays viking conquest? i never see discussion about it in these threads

I tried it at launch and I tried it later as "reforged". And it was kinda monotonous and boring in each iteration.

Great mod to admire but again, boring as fuck. Same as Hispania and most other related projects.

alright, i finally joined stannis
however riverlands are on the north exit towards the continent, and stormlands are on the south exit
we only have enough troops to defend our castles (and we already lost one since i joined, since the riverlands came with more than 1k troops)
wat do
renly took king's landing (and lost it a week later to the westerlands) and killed the queen

Well that sucks. The Riverlands were neutral to Dragonstone in my game. A lot of times when all the Dragonstone villages were raided I would simply get recruits from Riverlands villages instead.

You could always sail to the Free Cities and get recruits there. If you haven't already, you should have a dyeworks or whatever generates the most money in as many of the Free Cities as possible as income will be your biggest limiter going forward. When I played I mainly focused on building a strong infantry core. Fuck knights, they cost too much. A single Hedge Knight costs almost as much as 10 serjeants from any faction.

With a strong block of infantry and a powerful two-hander like a glaive, you can win against a stronger opponent if you can effectively neutralize their cavalry advantage. Ship battles, siege battles, and village battles (when defending a village) all spawn your enemy already dehorsed. Then it's just a matter of cleaving everyone who has their back turned to you because they're focusing on the rest of your army instead.

There's also The Vale, but I have no idea what their troops are like.

I liked Viking conquest, ship battles were a fun novelty.
However it was a game where you just play their the story, never bothered sandboxing it.

I found the bad ending to a mod.

You have to believe that it will come out soon, user.

Oh, yuck

You did it, user. You won the mod.

How do you take castles with only 90 Swadian knights? Are you not playing on the hardest difficulty?

They oneshot everything, it's ridiculous. Recruits (which are what's in every single AI army in the game) need 3-4 hits through the helmet and plated armor while swadian knights kill recuits in one hit.

90 vs. 150
I mean, it seems simple but yeah, 3-4 hits against 1 hit.
270-360 hits against 150 hits.

Swadian knights work better. I think going up the ladder turtled in "Thick Huscarl Round Shields" on my front and back absorbs most of the arrows though, then you jump over the units there and go massacre the archers.

use the warband battlesizer mod, it will increase the amount of dudes that can spawn in a battle at one time.

that should allow all 750 of the enemy as well as all your 60 knights to be on the field at the same time.

your frames will be dogshit though.

problem with this game is it doesn't force you to get better at the combat since you rely on the AI the whole time. The biggest challenge avoiding opponents who are 10x bigger than you

more infantry combat would be nice since it's way more fun than horse mailbox combat

Which mod?

LET THE JIHAD BEGIN

Wait, or is that 1257? Eh.

i hope they add custom yelling options in bannerlord
that was probably the best feature in chivalry

Gitting gut has many significant advantages, many of them lessening the need for grind. Fight money from tourneys is a quick way to get the capital for stable income in early game. Personally killing lads by the dozen in battles means quicker leveling, leading to easier army management. Being good in the early game means being able to deal with battles by yourself saving your troops and in the end game being a force equal to an army by yourself.

If you stay back and let the AI do the fighting, the game is really damn boring.

i kind of liked how in gekokujo i could go alone and beat up to 9 looters at the start of the game
sadly i can't seem to do it in other mods because they usually have ranged weapons or shields

You are playing this game wrong lad

Not getting hit by archers is a matter of gitting gud, but I agree the game is more fun without the shields. Too bad the AI is too stupid to survive against ranged attacks without a shield. The way that the armour system is designed to only decrease the damage instead of stopping it completely when sensible doesn't help.

Also, I think the game needs a poise system similar to DaS1 and most importantly, something needs to done about how different troops all together moshpit.
I remember playing full invasion and there were like 4-5 troops in the space of 1 troop attacking me at the same time.

Troops being able to attack through each other is also atrocious. I think some mods do something to at least decrease how often that happens, but I'm not sure. Troops should also try to surround the enemy instead of running at them in a line. Some mods like TLD emulate that kind of behaviour by having the troops randomly run around a bit in order to scatter, but that leads to other weird behaviour.

Yeah extremely annoying, and what annoys me is that troops dont keep a formation for very long.
But 40v40 player battles can be very enjoyable.

The numbers just aren't high enough to make effective formations effective enough. How the shields work either completely protecting and disabling attack, or not protecting at all doesn't help.

In Napoopan Warfare 100vs100 games line fight fags get totally annihilated by basic skirmish tactics.

*strict formations effective enough

I heard a rumor that bannerlord will have like 1k units on the field.
If thats true then its gonna be great

Anyone know how to replace the font for Floris back to the default one?

Are there ANY LOTR mods besides TLD? I honestly don't care for TLD because of the weird decision to get rid of currency and the requisition shit where you don't actually own your troops.

I heard the number 500 thrown around, though I have no idea if that's just one side or both sides of a battle.

Makes sense in the context of the setting and the war. Aragorn lead the local men instead of riding from battle to battle with this merry band of peasants turned elite soldiers.

TLD is propably all you are going to get. It's the one bookfags like and movies aren't fresh enough to inspire any real effort anymore.

I sincerely hope someone reworks the troop leveling up mechanic, at least in a mod, to only be able to upgrade them in a logically large enough settlement that can supply them with the required equipment.

That sounds decent. Some additional customization options for the upgrades would be neat also.

Threadly reminder that Khergits a shit.

I'll never understand why people make shitty template OPs instead of something atleast moderately decent. Are people really that unoriginal and incapable of forming their own thoughts?

Yes.

A friend of mine wants to gift me this game on steam but there's only one problem. I don't have a steam. How did you guys come up with a tolerable steam account name? I've got nothing.

I could go with my typical username but my friends always complain that I put too many numbers at the end of it. I'm just not creative, and there isn't anything particularly interesting about me.

Why the fuck is that a reason? Is it harder to find you or something?
Try:
Super_Autiste_9001
xX#_420_double_faget_420_#Xx
K1LL_M3_3D63
Pi_Kittykins
Or maybe translate something into an old language, like Latin or Old Norse in doesn't even have to follow the language's rules, though you'll look retarded to those who know, e.g.:
Hross-Konungr Olaf = Horse-King Olaf.

I'm 90% sure you can use the same CD key with the non-Steam version so just accept the gift, get the key and fuck off from Steam.

Jus to pick whatever for your login name. It and your disappointed name ar3 separate and the latter is easy to change.

pick two words out of a book or anything you are reading really
cut them in half
put the halves together

for example im playing vidya right now and I can see Itox, Rewase, Wounap, Palyne, Genlog

The names are pretty shitty sure, but at least you get a good spread of unique names without faggy numbers or _xxx_billy_xxx_

dubs confirm

xXTHIS_user_A_FAGXx
flesru_llik
ylsrSSrsly

Being good is also important for sneaking into castles/cities and busting out prisoners.

Or one could just jump onto one of the many wood piles

bump

bump

So anons, who needs REMOVED most in Warband?

Hatred

Daily reminder that Vlads brother was a buttslut to the sultan.

There's a reason for his obsession with "impaling".

Maybe one day

Pardon me?

If we exterminate the shit Turks, we'll be left with the good ones. There are good ones, I promise.

A good turk is a dead turk.

Sounds okay with me.

You're not fooling me, Mehmet. Treachery won't make you look any better.

that's a blatant lie
t. bulgarian

Vlad makes for a good hot bf tbh

No more warband games then ? :^}

Sometimes sacrifices have to be made.

The only ones still butthurt about the Turks are some irrelevant half-turk mongrels in the Balkans. It's time to let go, the Ottomans are gone.

You are currently wronged by the Turks? Maybe it's time to stop being a filthy kurd.

Cockroaches like you should go back to Turkmenistan and give Anatolia back to Greece

Replacing one group of shitskins with another won't fix anything. Only thing different if Istanbul was Constantinople would be that instead of disgusting low effort kebab, they would be selling disgusting low effort gyros.

Mods, obviously.

Can anyone recommend a mod that has a good progression?

I mean one that has a good end-game, with ability to make an empire and conquer the shit out of others without sacrificing the beginning where you have to scrape for shit with a rag tag bunch of mercenaries.
I enjoyed 1257AD at first but soon ended up hitting a wall with the 2400+ troop sieges and the AI cheating and spawning armies to retake every town whenever they were overwhelmed.
I just want to Deus vult my way to the top.

Found the Turk.

bulgarian here too to be honest,
the only good turk is a dead one.

What are some fun mod packs? My Floris save is getting more and more unstable the older the save gets.

Gekokujo is pretty good, and has a lot of the features of Floris.

Is Warband worth playing?

You mean after M&B? It's the same game but better so probably yeah.

Pro tip: if yer wiping Windows, don't forget to backup your Warband save games from my documents.

Off to a great start

shame they didnt invent explosives yet

You know, that actually a quite reasonable idea honestly
Pretty much the only way to do it right however is just have the base game (with some tweaks, like balancing cavalry, making fiefs more important rather than just a place to take rents and recruit troops) without adding any typical MMO bullshit into it and turn calradia into a MMO server where players can dick around each other with their hearts content
When a player logs off, the AI will direct the player's party into a friendly fief and reside there until he comes back online