Japan

Japan

West

Maybe it's because the west can't write females, and they are SJW pandering.

Well you can thank the SJW for that, 10 years ago nobody gave a fuck about the protagonists race or gender, we only cared if the game is good or bad.

Pretty much this.

They also can't make attractive looking females because 3D bitches see them as competition and trannies or landwhales get pissed that a character designed from pixels look better than them so now many western females are like webm related.

I honestly can't remember a good western videogame since 3 years ago

Japanese games usually have bad story, but good characters.

Western games usually have bad story, and obnoxiously annoying characters most of the time. Occasionally they aren't shit though.

still better than the west

Maybe if the female characters they wrote were worth half a shit, it wouldn't be a problem. But like user said with the Galbrush parody, making women significantly flawed or not special is seen as sexist by the kneejerk media and public that are demanding women to fulfil a quota in the first place.

Samus is fine because besides Other M, she just happens to be a woman. They don't make a fuss of OMG GRILL. She just is. The lady bros in Broforce don't have pink periods to stand out in the rivers of blood. They're just there. Jade in Beyond Good and Evil is defined by being a journalist, not by her sex.

not always the case with increasing reliance on archetypes, but i'd say having good characters gets you pretty far in a game compared to some super deep story

incredibly simple but important character writing that is increasingly lost in the focus group bullshit

occupation, strengths and weaknesses, and personality can all be tackled in the cutting room and you can just coin flip for their sex and it won't hurt the character it all

JP

NA

As always, OP is a massive faggot.

Japanese devs know their audience and design female characters to suit them.

Western devs purposely design female characters unsuited to their audience to push their ideology, or they make them as bland as possible to avoid offending anyone.

Where are the lewds though?

Japan doesn't bitch as much as the west in that regard. Adding to that, they don't really have the reputation of making incredibly obnoxious characters (obvious exceptions and shit taste aside)

Japan
West
There's no middle ground. What i want for a change is a cute girl with a realistic personality and an average body

That's because Asians in the east have no souls, they're basically machines who work in a giant ant farm.

For the purpose of a political agenda you mean.

Dubs man, you're a faggot

Fair enough

Normal is BORING. The most 'realistic' characters in vidya tend to be the ones I stay away most from

Nip devs -

Female Protagonist generally embrace their femininity, and are stronger for it. They might be annoying/shallow characters, but at least they can redeem themselves by been decent fap material.

Western devs -

SJW's poisoned the well. Every gay/female character is an automatic turn off because we can't tell if the dev is making an honest attempt at writing an interesting character or are just pandering to a bunch of whiny bitches.

10 years ago nobody gave a flying fuck. When players found out Samus was female, everyone was cool with it because their genders DIDN'T FUCKING MATTER in the context of the game.

Now we got a bunch of NPCs/Protagonist running out shouting out their genders and sexual preferences because apparently that's the most progressive way to build immersion these days.

Not every character needs to be a treatise on the evil patriarchy built by cis white shitlords, but no, can't make a game without a fucking agenda. Heaven forbid it is FUN.

nice

This game isn't turning Professor Layton into a woman. It's just giving an existing character her own game. Like Super Princess Peach.
The West takes a male character and changes the gender. Luckily this is mainly in comics and shit, so far. The SJWs have been clammering for Female Link, after all. Only a matter of time before vidya gets fucked even worse than usual.

You know, I try my best to avoid being a weeaboo. I try my best to avoid everything related to Japan. And then every day I see the Japs doing something significantly better than the West, and I contemplate my life choices.

Let me correct your bait.

Lady Layton

Justbusters
>People who didn't play the game wanted an end to the trilogy

They are pandering to SJWs. Nobody had a problem with female protagonist before this cancer started spreading here.

This is why the Nipponese game industry is superior.

It's largely because the west has been subverted by Jews. Consider what the west, or rather, the white man has done in the past, when it was largely untainted by the Jews. We built great things and had great technological advancements, we even had great games for some time. Japan has stayed strong by keeping Japan Japanese.
I know you faggots don't like it when politics is brought in, but unfortunately, your games are affected by real world shit, and this thread is evidence of it.

Japan draws cute girls, the West only does ugly hags.

You're almost as big a fag as OP.

If you want "le realistic female" go to your local campus and behold the cancer.

You forgot some stuff like:

I want to write Kumiko Yamada 'back'. Kumiko is a girls' name, right?

Those glorious efforts against the SJW establishment from The Land of The Rising Sun deserves the support from us westerners. Gotta let them gooks know we support 'em!

Japan somehow manages to be less autistic when it comes to fictional game characters than feminists. Funny how they don't attack movies and jew media as much even though it's 1000000x worse and actually portrays both fictional and real women.

Let me explain you:

You see, when Japan writes people in general they do not take influences from actual people with actual personalities, because like 70% of Japan's population is autistic people with absolutely no social lives aside from getting drunk on some bar as their asshole boss does some really unfunny jokes they have to laugh at or get fired, and end up puking their insides out on some shady alleyway at 9 pm on a thuesday as two yakuza and a hooker laugh at them.

The west writes vidya characters as if they were writing actual women. And actual women suck.

i got you covered fam

Cute or realistic, you get to choose only one; welcome to the fucking real world, where everything sucks.

She's so perfect. I'm glad she's going to make a cameo in pretty much every FF from now on.

too bad she has no penis in her armpits

too bad she has no penis.

Nipnop
STOP THIS SOCIAL RETARDATION
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

No, but they don't draw dykes.

How mentally ill do you have to be to feel threatened by pixels?
Fucking women…

Because SJW want to bitch about anything. These are people who loves internet drama and witch hunts.

It is natural they won't bitch about niche titles like all Japanese ones, there is no huge enough audience for it.

reaching OP levels of faggotry there boyo
aras a shit, fuck 'em

If you want realistic with a shit body then why are you looking for it in videos games? There's plenty of 3dpd for you outside.

I want to have sex with lady layton.

Pretty accurate. I don't think it's been widespread, but I've definitely seen people complaining that lady Leyton is pandering.

It's not just character design, too, it's how each culture interprets the character. No wonder games aren't always released in the USA, when devs can never be right. It's just unfortunate that they listen to the side that doesn't buy games at all, really.

it turns out that Aerith and Serah are THE SAME SOUL TRAPPED IN ETERNITY

This is stupid enough to happen

Would pay as much money as I could to help Square survive their XV collapse if they did that. I don't even like pink Cloud.

ELVIS! Eee, Ell, Vee, Eye, Ess!

Kumiko is a good girl.

Don't give them ideas.

If actual women mostly look like this , then most men would go gay.

Try basing that statement off of some actual Nip literature, and not the handful of Nerutu Sand Ninja episodes you saw in middle school.

There's a thing here that the western hipster trust fund kiddes should learn: Make a thing and sell it. Nothing more nothing less.

The marketing for this game was just showing off the damned game.

Take, for example, the female ghostbusters movie. Take away all the marketing and it's just a movie, even with a scene that is contrary to SJW views, where one of the fembusters hires on a man as a sex object to ogle at, and she's portrayed as fucking creepy as shit, even by the other womenbusters.

But the marketing, holy SHIT the marketing, it was all

==NOW IT'S WOMENS TURN TO BE GHOSTBUSTERS GET OVER IT MEN WOMEN ARE FUNNY TOO DEAL WITH IT!!!1111!!11!!=

and so no one watched the movie because plenty of the original ghostbusters fans were older men taking their kids to movies.

If they didn't push agendas so hard, they would have made money, which is the only thing that really speaks in modern society.

but nope, movie bombed and only made 1/3 of it's profit.

Kill yourself.

go dating?

Granted you'll meet your fair share of crazies.

why would I want a "realistic personality" when I don't even fucking know what that is? I know only of superficial whores IRL and the rest, if there are more personalities, can't know because why ever would I talk to women
I'm perfectly fine with my waifu girls, thank you

who bitch this is?

the imageboard equivalent of no mans sky. go shoot yourself you faggot.

Japan makes cute girls.

The West makes ugly whales, man faced bimbos and gorillas.

Lady Layton

cute feet

~Half of these jap anime pencil swingers should take basic anatomy lessons. Eyes that cover 2/3 of a face just look like an alien.

lewds when?

She's supposed to be a frog-themed mutant though. Has the tongue to match as well.

Also, she's a loli in that pic, rather than the age she is in the manga or anime.

I agree with you about the anatomy lessons though.

How about Joseph?
He's the cutest most moe character in all of anime and manga.

No to mention that a fuckload of anime suffers from acute sameface syndrome, and the characters they draw have 0 facial features other than their huge eyes, nor do they have any depth to them.
Do they live on a planet orbiting around a brown dwarf? Is that why they need such huge eyes? Or did the animators just fall for the gook logic that bigger eyes = cute with no upper limit?

Oh look, you posted one of the well drawn animes.

No anime girl will be as adorably moe as Joseph.

is that a butthole in a kids show??

I remember when I didn't know shit about what I was talking about, too.

I didn't say anything about western comics, faggot.

Be cool if comics and cartoons had cute dullahan girls.

What's wrong with aras you fucking faggot?

Love me an ara.
I'm a bonified Mamacon that loves reading /ss/ mother/son incest doujins.

Image related is from a doujin called Mama Melon by Yuuki Ray.

Yuuki Ray has made a lot of /ss/ doujins both incest and non-incest.

u fuckin wot m8

Slavs' writing of women is pretty realistic, besides their bodies.

She has poor excuse for boobs and fucking pink hair.

As compared to western professionals like Shadman?

France seems to have the right idea when it comes to this kind of stuff. They realize the pros and cons of eastern and western art styles and characters.

Too bad France is going away.

I'm not saying Nip artists don't take anatomy lessons. They do benefit from them just as any other kind of visual artist.

The art style of Legend of the Galactic Heroes was so much better than what we see today. You can actually tell apart the different races. Look at Yang boy in that pic, you can see that he has Chink blood in him.

For girls, there wasn't any better looking than Re-l from Ergo Proxy, but that's me.

Most anime is mass-produced nowadays. Try reading some less popular manga and manhwa.

Large eyes are acceptable for kids.

Anime is haram.

So K-ON is double haram.

Was that image originally a .bmp? Viewing it up close looks fucking gross.

a bm what?

No AA, you mean?

Yeah, I did mention frog girl was a loli in those pics. I only just realized that your second post was replying to the (likely) bait and not to me, which is probably why you deleted your first post.

The once-default format for ms-paint that made everything look shitty and blurry.

They have to behead you twice for watching it

Scum are the same everywhere. Always trying to make things beneath them.

If anything is wrong it os because of contact with you scum. Doing your best to make them become your pathetic vision of them.

Fuck off, stay fucked off untill you have something to say.

What

My penis is bigger than your existence bitch nigger.

This kills my boner. Aras are fine as hell, i'm not into /ss/ though, nor incest. It's hard to find good non-NTR/non-cheating and non-incest & non-/ss/ Ara stuff. I also am not really into the super-dominant aras. I mean yeah there's taking the lead, but then there's being a comandeering bitch. The best ara material is where she's either sort of just taking the lead at first and then they switch it up back and forth maybe, or when she's a total sub.

Akiko is pretty great /ara/. She's cute, not a domineering bitch but can still be assertive sometimes (which is adorable), and most importantly, isn't fucking her son or cheating on her significant other.

good taste

I fail to see the problem.

Thanks.

Go back to /lit/, fag.

You act like what people find attractive makes sense and cartoons don't just intentionally screw with what makes any physical sense for effect.

This is my contribution; not bumping this shit.

There's anti SJWs complaining over a Japanese game with a female lead?

>>>/ara/
Meidos are oppressive, right?