Moving to PC

How much would it cost me to build a PC that's stronger than PS4.

(Excluding price of monito/tv)

Other urls found in this thread:

logicalincrements.com/
pcpartpicker.com/list/tD9RkT
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Just buy an Alienware, bro

Chump change.

wow, they are really pricey. think i'll stick with the good guys .

logicalincrements.com/
there you go you fucktard

not all of us are billionaires that can afford to throw away thousands to achieve sony's excelent architecture.

Like 550 dollarydoos.

But you don't actually care for that.

that's really confusing. This is why I stick to the good guys. You just buy. One, console, one click. DONE.

STILL MORE EXPENSIVE THAN GOODGUY4

Xavier pls

I wanted to believe that you were just a fucktard, and I'm correct, 2/10 nice effort very poor execution.

YOUR FACE

Nigger you do NOT build a fucking toaster that can barely get past the ps4 specs.

If you're going to get an entire new PC or didn't had one to begin with, then get something decent, at least around $1000 excluding peripherals

All these "console killers" run like shit. There is no magic, you get what you pay for

damn. So I should stick with sony. The best graphics. Best games. Winning. Best controller. Best ever

jesus christ
apply yourself user. you get a D- see me after class

Bilding a super powerful PC isn't worth the money because there aren't very many worthwhile games that require strong hardware. You also get to deal with Steam and all of that other horseshit unless you pirate EVERYTHING. Good luck playing MP vidya if you go that route, but honestly you're not missing much. You can get away with a niggerrigged build for around 300-400 USD, but if you want to put a computer together, have more reason than video games to do it for. Desktops are nice for their extendability, but it's not that hard to do that. I use an old dual core as my main PC running Lunix and it has all my hard drives and shit plugged in and it gets the job done, and I have a separate PC for playing video games on, which I originally built sometime in high school.

Also I got a PS4 for Guilty Gear. Now that EDF got ported to PC this thing really has no games.

pic unrelated.

well, the appeal of the consoles are the games, i don't need to explain this, but depending on your tastes and activities, a console may be better for you

DAMN. THAT SETTLES IT. I'M A SONY BRONIE FOR LIFE NOW.

THIS THREAD IS NOW DEDICATED TO SMUG ANIME, POST ALL OF YOUR SMUG ANIME HERE

So you are just confirming you were not even considering building a pc and are just another dick sucking sony fanboy trying desperately to prove his underpowered overpriced no game machine is a smart purchase?

I would need a 100000$ PC just to reach PS4 like graphics according to this thread.

I was going to shitpost but I have to check those digits.
I can't help myself I'm gonna do it anyway

Sony always wins. It's all about that PStripple

If you honestly care that much about muh graphics over performance then just stick to your ps4. I built my pc not only for workstation purposes but because I like my games not to run at sub 30 fps powerpoint slideshow quality just for the sake of something that looks pretty. I spent no more over 700 dollars on my pc and it can run games at better frame rates and graphical fidelity then the ps4 ever could.

sony always win

what shit bait

$500. This includes, case, 600W power supply, microATX board, small hard drive, an i5, an Nvidia card, and 8GB ram. That was 2 years ago.

I decided to go with PC instead of PS4. I accurately predicted that most Nip games will eventually end up on Steam, leaving PS4 with barely any exclusives.

But mainly because I'm /agdg/ and I actually spend more time on MY game than playing games.

$500 including windows, $400 without it, $300 if you buy second hand parts.

and then windows + for online multiplayer and free games (50$ a year)

one that performs on the same level? $600 give or take PC games get fucked over for optimization so you'd be spending $160 for a new GPU every 2 years to be running at the same graphics level. Pretty pathetic. Before you switch primarily to PC, consider what you play. If you want:

RTS games
indie games (also on PS4 largely)
FPS games (better on PC but the genre is pretty bad tbh)

anything else worth giving a shit about is much older and will run on PCs from 2010 just fine. Most new PC games are multiplats and at least are guaranteed to run on consoles. Some multiplat PC ports are so bad they get removed from the steam store and are unavailable for purchase for months at a time. Know what you're going into before making a purchase, PC is mostly good for its older library, if you want to play new games, the PC exclusives are largely low budget, amateur affairs and despite the power difference in theoretical performance, the real world results are a lot more on the lower end.

You get a PS4 for games like Yakuza and Gravity Rush, Bloodborne, etc. PC gaming is a lot less desirable now that most major devs have abandoned the platform.

This is probably a bait thread but this would pretty much ruin any current generation console, PS4 included but also MS's and Nintendo's offerings as well.

pcpartpicker.com/list/tD9RkT

I may have overspent a little. I'm pretty sure for example that an i3 would pretty much destroy a Jaguar core, but that's lightly threaded so I upped it to an i5 just for QoL purposes. Either way you won't need to overclock it at all so a stock cooler is more than adequate.

Pretty much any medium-end card made within the last 3-4 years is assured to curbstomp a console iGPU. You might save some cash and also get a performance boost if you switch out the 380 with a used 290 or 290X, or maybe a GTX 1060 from NVIDIA if you want to spend a little more. Although an old GTX 750 would be more than enough to be honest.

Although you do have a nice HDD with 100% more space, you could either buy used to save 10 bucks or reduce it down to 500GB to save a bit more. Not sure why though.

I wouldn't compromise on the power supply, FSP make some good parts and that is a nice price. Save on those electric bills, huh.

Windows 8.1 is cheap and it's not Windows 10. Just a download away from a Windows 7 desktop environment, too.

I'll leave it up to you if you want to bother with an internal disk drive. It's only another 10-20 bucks if you do, but who uses those anymore anyway?

Also you can buy used to reduce the cost by about half. So this is really a $350-400 build when you account for that.

I don't know what games you play but there's so many free ones out for the PC it doesn't really matter. You'll get what you want.

You shouldn't have any problem with the prices if you live in the USA and maybe straya.

this stay the fuck away from bare minimum spec.
but then reading this post
fuck you for flimsy console war thread

reported :^)

This is bait right?

Just look up a $300 build. It's not that fucking hard to run shit at [email protected]/* */ on medium.

It is why are you pretending to be retarded level of bait.

8320e - 8350: 100-150$
am3+ mobo: 50-100$, could get bundle discount with processor
rx480/gtx1070: 200-300$
8GB DDR3: