Touhou Netplay #11: Subterranean Animism Edition

Let's play Touhou.

Phantasmagoria of Flower View:
DL: mediafire.com/download/3gia1bwpw2z39wy/PoFV Netplay Pack.zip
Info: hastebin.com/raw/uviwiyigex
Wiki: en.touhouwiki.net/wiki/Phantasmagoria_of_Flower_View

Hisoutensoku + Scarlet Weather Rhapsody:
DL: mediafire.com/download/ymrru5e0stydvst/Touhou 12.3 Hisoutensoku v1.10a eng patch v1.1a + 10.5 Hisouten v1.06a eng patch v1.1a + Sokuroll v1.3.rar
Info: hastebin.com/raw/xanohiyoga
Wiki: hisouten.koumakan.jp/wiki/Touhou_Hisoutensoku_Wiki

Urban Legend in Limbo (Jap v1.11, don't update it if you want to play online):
DL: mega.nz/#!e5wnCJzK!x0KleZvTbLLChtsOF4kd0nVX7ZbFr8a5LIEyf8Qj6mE
Info: hastebin.com/raw/nelihivihe
Wiki: shinpiroku.koumakan.jp/

Meddlesome Magician 2:
A party game with races and fights.
Please refer to en.touhouwiki.net/wiki/Touhou_Daiundousai/Characters for info on how to play each character.
DL: mega.nz/#!ldgVQR6K!PM3TblpfKqMoiV7QRK_4emj7gH-TzkknboLDDeILmig
Info: hastebin.com/raw/xusesadeda

Touhou Hack and Slash:
A dungeon crawler with a leveling system.
DL: mediafire.com/download/jqb59bgu2q7hb2w/Touhou Hack & Slash.7z
Info: hastebin.com/raw/megaruhipe
Wiki: en.touhouwiki.net/wiki/Touhou_Hack_and_Slash

Touhou Boushuen - Age of Ethanols (2.18 jp):
A simple Age of Empires clone. Suitable for those unfamiliar with RTS.
DL: wishful.cc/sp/public/touhou_threads/蟒酒宴+ 2.18.7z
We also have an optional English version, if you can't read rune and want to learn what the menus say or play SP.
SP: wishful.cc/sp/public/touhou_threads/Boushuen English version 1.01a.7z
Note that we only use the 2.18 Japanese version for online play and this version is different in faction balance, it also lacks the Library faction.
Info: hastebin.com/raw/suwipujaba
Wiki: en.touhouwiki.net/wiki/Age_of_Ethanols
Keyboard config translation: my.mixtape.moe/cysofn.txt

UT2K4 Unreal Touhou Mod:
This is a mod for UT2K4 that lets you play with Touhou models. Warning, it's almost 3GB but has the registry key and everything you need to play, just unzip and run. Don't forget the patch.
DL: mega.nz/#!mhBDgR7L!BW3Bn47M4vHCPm8Qsn2YdjmvxWBfeyYMEUgZweSv7wY
Patch: mega.nz/#!X9YDEaoS!ok3Fw5YTOf725NYeReIQGuisuQbORpyRNNa3M1u4xUc

We have an IRC channel on irc.rizon.net, #2hu8ch which is mainly for tech support purposes and occasionally chatter for games that lack an in-game chat system like Soku or MM2. It's largely dead because we mostly use the thread for communication.

General discussion of Touhou gameplay is allowed and encouraged, though the main focus is organizing netplaying matches.

NO SECONDARIES ALLOWED

Other urls found in this thread:

evolvehq.com/recruit/party?token=player:dENYHt6GEi5GUGDe,party:eW_wvaPunDOFA96e
mega.nz/#!bgI0wb4K!l-wptbffWUV0mb8GCpwG4h-43rj-oTQkK5WrWU-VNXw
moddb.com/mods/ballistic-weapons-and-junk-wars-mods-and-mutators/downloads/community-junk-wars-pack
pixiv.net/member.php?id=4325914
mega.nz/#!iI5xFL5b!QocsHUogaektjQoOuW3Wiq46q_ZWuqSQuDhf85aeMr0
timeanddate.com/time/zones/gmt
hisouten.koumakan.jp/wiki/Movement#Dash.2FFly.2FJump_Cancel_.28HJC.29
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

There it is!

Anyways, after the big update for UT2k4 is out, at this point I'm playing with fire on adding more MMD models to the pack besides Clownpiece so I'll try my hardest to make sure the models I'm getting don't look awful.

I'll also maybe play around with the shaders to see how good MMD models look with it in UE2 (Finding a blend of making them not visibly bright and not uncanny valley will be quite the challenge)

So what is everyone up for? I think more Soku will be fun. I'll host later when I get back.

Also, did anyone ever try a later version of ULiL? Would actually like to play a few rounds of that.

Trying to learn how to do a 623 motion consistently. Game keeps mixing it up with 236.

I can host soku now if anyone wants, though.

Tomorrow is the HnS game. I won't be able to play later in the day, so it will start early for this session. Thankfully, HnS supports hotjoining, so that's not a big problem. Once we have enough players, we'll tackle Lunatic.

Hosting
50.88.138.151:10800

Wrong picture.
Hosting Soku

Match restart?

guess I'll just host then
Soku - 94.188.40.99:10800

I thought specing made it made slow?

As far as I know, no. Although it would make sense for it to lag if you don't use sokuroll or if spec is from Australia or something.

meant to quote

It shouldn't matter unless you have shoestring Internet.

fug

Thats a shame.

up again

pls join

GG user, its late for me. Those where fun matches.

GGs dude it was fun.

We seem pretty evenly match, all things. Hope to play you again soon.

I'd like to fix what is preventing me from hosting so I could play more.
Yeah your Suika gives me trouble.

Meiling is actually my favorite, but Suika just has everything I need.

If you have access to your router, you need to try to "port fowarding" 10800 or "Open Port" "virtual server", or some name like that. Thats what got me for a while. Might even by hiding in "proxy" even though its not a proxy.

Well, the thing is I have hosted soku in the past with friends. But recently it stopped working, so I'm just trying to fix it.

How long ago was that? Maybe something you install since then has sealed up your data holes. Maybe you accidentally said no to that "allow program to use network" box that pops up sometimes?

It was only a week or two ago, but I think you might be right about me changing something without realizing it.
I will just try to fix it with a friend so he can tell me whats up.

I still wish I knew how to port forward.

Then again, I'm not sure people would want to play on burger internet.

i-is it okay to be salty from this?

You can do it user. I believe in you.

Which games not ping intensive?

I think there are different sets of people every 4-8 hours. Euros and slavs are up now, and burgers are going to sleep.

I'm testing the Soku waters, will probably attempt a match

While Boushuen lags, I don't have much trouble with it compared to MM2 or Unreal.

rehostan

I-I-I dunno about this…

I already get my ass kicked in that RTS

Every step is a first Journey, or something like that.

please remember to load sokuroll next time.

I don't know man, only time I've ever been decent at fightans was Dead or Alive and that was years ago

It'll be a while before I even think about participating in Soku netplay

Go ahead and play through story mode, and see how you like it. It still has fun boss fights.

japanese tumblrtale

Here's your (you)

GG Marisa player, I wasn't expecting you to still be hosting when I joined.
You ruined my dreams at the end.

oh fuck, I didn't even notice that one time

good games, had to kite you since I can't into block breaking yet

Is it wrong that i've played all the games and know absolutely nothing about the story or characters because i don't care?

I started on 8 and it was a fantastic game, the only other ones that got close were 5,6,7 and 11.

Honestly i care more for the gameplay and music than the artstyle and plot

Mornin, Fairies.

I'll be away for sometime again, will try to return today.

Speakin of dreams, I just had one today where I was playing a Touhou kart racing game as Eirin and was kicking ass (Now if only I had the power to make it come true on Unreal Engine 2.5…)

Same here. You'll probably learn all the characters as time goes by.

Hosting HnS

Moar little Touhous please.

Also, has someone made a tier list for ULiL? Not that I truly care about tiers but I'd like to know anyway. Koishi and Futo are my mains, and I love to fuck around with Futo, Marisa and the littlest Touhou.

We're hunting Sanae.

Set out some dick as a lure and you're sure to catch one. Any kind will do, she isn't picky.

I wonder who are the Touhous who put out the fastest. Sanae is a must, but who else and why? How would you convince them anyway?

Help I forgot how to make widescreen work on Soku

We killed Suwako, Sanae, and Yuugi.

Don't be secondaries.

Why not play windowed?

Hamachi group: 8ch2hu
password: grind

get in for HnS

I was making my worst effort to keep the thread alive, sir!

Trying out Evolve again because Hamachi is being a bitch.

Party invite link for the HnS Evolve group: evolvehq.com/recruit/party?token=player:dENYHt6GEi5GUGDe,party:eW_wvaPunDOFA96e

MM2 - 94.188.40.99:10800

I can't get on….

Well, we playing Hack and Slash on the Evolve group.>>10215169

Anyone hosting ULIL? I'd love to play.

Two of us had Lunatic Satori at 1/8 hp. Game cashed, No survivors. Gawd daham it!

Sure, you still there?

Yes. IP?

50.88.138.151:10800

Ah crap, I forgot. Does anyone remember what this menu said…

Isn't it about waiting for the other pkayer to connect?

There is an english patch by the way

Aww hamburgers, what a shitty connection of mine.

Anyone up for soku? I can host if people are there.

Sure, I'll play some soku

Soku - 94.188.40.99:10800

This is actually better then usual.

Ok, reconnected, waiting for you.

Back up

Jesus, internet is acting like a bitch. I'll log off for today, I want to play with you some other day again.
Your kappa and Reimu are great.

Thanks user, and your just about everything was pretty good too. One day I hope someone makes an addon or mod ot fix the net code.

Wanna try again later with updated version. Since I actually got that to work with a friend a while back.

If anything else, the ps4 version might have better netcode.

I'd like to have a solid, large enough ULiL playerbase. On the other hand, I wouldn't like to see Touhou going mainstream enough and get overwhelmed with normalfags or annoying tourneyfags. But maybe it'll be safe, some of the girls look younger than average, and that scares off some people.

Has there been any large scale Soku, HM, Or ULiL tournaments? I could only imagine the reaction if it ever got announce for Evo, but yeah, double edge sword.

Did you manage to beat Lunatic?

There's no point until someone makes a rollcaster.

There's Soku Saturday and Corner Assault.

GGs Marisa player, it was fun
That last random didn't even give me my proper deck.

Geegee, started to play a bit worse towards the end, pretty tired and all. I have to figure out how to initiate things better with Marisa since half the time I end up responding to threats and getting crushed as a result.

I really hope they make another fightan or update ULiL, I'd love to see Clownpiece as a fighter.

what is this propaganda

on the other hand, fairies

makes no sense

anime

i can only see it working as short 3-4 minute cartoons rather than a series with a big plot

Would anyone be up for some AoE or HnS today?

Also, what's with all the spam? Is someone buttmad?

I'm up today.
not so much for HnS and AoE though

Mornin', fairies.

I'm still fine tuning the models before I release them. I've also decided to drop out Momiji because after taking a good look at her, she just didn't seem fit so the character count will instead be 34 instead of 35.

I've also tried a new gamemode last night called "Invasion Pro."OK technically its not a new game mode as its still Invasion but still, theres some new features in there that make it more worthwhile than vanilla invasion

Like with DMEverywhere and TDMEverywhere, you can fight the monsters on any map, even the biggest Onslaughts map will do (Although its not recommended unless you add a lot of monsters to fight)
You can see how much health your teammates have (Can be disabled)
You can do 'Boss Waves' where bosses can be fought
You can decide when the game ends by setting up the amount of waves rather than doing it endlessly

Only downside to the game mode is that despite having the scale set to 0, friendly fire is enabled so its easy for people to die if they get in someone's way

thats silly, she was born because shes a naughty misbehaving doll who cant sit still

And I just realized the waves in default invasion aren't endless, they're set to 16 by default.

Also, Invasion Pro has the option for players to regenerate health and ammo but its not just them who can get the treatment, the monsters can get it as well. By default they are disabled.

And also by default the wave ends after a certain time limit passed if nobody kills the monster or they choose to run away from it.

A lot of options can be changed.

anyone puppets here and up for 6 vs 6

I'm up for some AoE or HnS

There's not enough players for that.

Oops, I fell asleep and couldn't respond. Here's some AoE.

104.207.134.255:10800

I'm at a new location so there's a chance the ports haven't been forwarded properly. Warn me if you can't connect.

at jap time there are like 80 people on sever
and i mean 6 vs 6 puppets silly

Trying to connect right now and can't. Or did the match start already?

Darn. Looks like my ports aren't forwarded. Unless you would rather host, I have to configure them some more.

Try again. It should work this time.

It still doesn't work

Same, unless, I'm in the wrong menu.

Darn. Are you using 2.18? I guess you have to host.

The network setup is bizarre. There's two routers and I'm trying to port forward into a subnet which doesn't seem to be working.

AND HERE IT IS, THE END OF JULY UPDATE FOR UT2K4!!! LOOKS LIKE I MANAGED TO RELEASE IT EARLIER THAN AUGUST!

mega.nz/#!bgI0wb4K!l-wptbffWUV0mb8GCpwG4h-43rj-oTQkK5WrWU-VNXw

Changelog:

Reisen has a new look. Say goodbye to the old and ugly looking model and say hello to the new Sky Arena model!

Added 14 new characters

Alice Margatroid
Hong Meiling
Kogasa Tatara
Koishi Komeiji
Nue Houjuu
Rinnosuke Morichika
Rumia
Tenshi Hinanawi
The Three Fairies of Light (Sunny Milk, Luna Child, and Star Sapphire)
Utsuho Reiuji (Comes with the no cape version)
Wriggle Nightbug
Yuyuko Saigyouji

Added a new game mode: Invasion Pro

Since future updates may use models from MMD, don't expect more characters to be added until I can find good looking models and make them blend into Unreal without being too bright.

Still not able to connect

Whatever. Host is down.

Welp, I wonder when we're gonna host UT2004 now.

If we're gonna do that, I say we do Invasion since the last time we played it its been a while (Pro or vanilla, it doesn't matter)

Whatever, I'm fine with any gamemode (I think).
Now to wait for a host.

I'm gonna try to see if I can get Junk War to work again because I really think we'll enjoy smashing each other using only frying pans, bananas, tasers, good and fun melee combat.

After finally looking through all the new models, I can sum up my impressions of them in one word - why.

Also, people want invasion I guess.
UT2k4 - 94.188.40.99:7777

All right posting instructions since we're trying to get Junk War working

moddb.com/mods/ballistic-weapons-and-junk-wars-mods-and-mutators/downloads/community-junk-wars-pack

Theres a readme file inside the package on adding the items to JunkWar.int

Theres also some u files to add to the ut2004.ini file

We still doing DM-Plunge?

Much excitement.

Pic is what I've done all day for other reasons. Gonna try to install it now.

All right, keep in mind that some models will look off so I'll try to rescale them or replace them with better looking ones off MMD.

At the moment, we're not playing UT2k4

Still wish we did Unreal 1

Wake up!

But I already am woken up.
or am i

That's now how you wake people up. THIS is how you wake people up!

I'm up for some MM2/UT2004/KF if there's any hosts to host it and others to play it.

I would prefer doing MM2

Oh cool, that's what I mostly wanted.
I guess we should do MM2 then.

I can host MM2, if you two are still around.

Yeah, I'm still here.

Well, I'm up for a rematch.

don't forget about the irc this time

Eirin is the best

If hosts want to do another, then all right!

rehosted

Eyyy, a crash! Haven't had one of those in a while!

rehostan again

I don't wanna boot up IRC again.

If we do another rematch, I hope it's gonna have individual char selection and same chars.

why

Because I want to pick chars individually and same chars makes selecting individual chars kinda faster by removing the turns each char pick.

I get same chars, not so much individual because that takes longer than if we were to pick teams.

But all right, I gotta call it a day so next time we play MM2, we'll go through it (been a while since we also did the chaotic teams)

I keep winning because on character selection, I wait until the only competent player picks his character, then I pick a character that beats it. Press the jump button in character select mode and hold one of the directions + confirm to pick a character in secret next time.

Also, that entire match with 4 Nues was ridiculous.

Only cowards do that.

I'll just keep picking Nue on moveset-dependent characters then.

Where do all these Mokou pictures keep coming from? Did I miss some drawfag extravaganza?

I accept your challenge, I like that attitude.

Some guys pixiv last I heard, don't have the link for it though

Reverse image search and you'll find an artist on Pixv that has a whole host of them.

I'm bored, so I'm gonna do some HnS. If anyone wants to join, use the Evolve link over there -

Gonna run Lunatic to try to get a good ring. Last time I did extra solo, I only got to SDM before quitting since everything takes too long to kill.

I can't stop thinking about this picture. How does Mokou feel and why does she want to hit airplane?

Mokou did 9/11

Who would have thought Satori would have such mad bling?

Well smashing cars is boring, nobody smashes boats, so smashing an aircraft that was made to crash and burn is more fun.

Please spoiler if you're going to post scat images.

Satori is stylish.

Aircraft are for flying.

Up for some MM2.
don't forget about irc this time pls

Suppose I'm up for it as well.

Why are there so few vs. shmups?

PoFV has shit balance, Twinkle has too much slowdowns, and PoDD has no netplay.

It's a niche within a niche. There's not much motivation to do it. Even PoFV only works due to a hack. It would be nice to have a more developed alternative.

Pretty much this, doesn't help that Touhou fangames these days have been on a decline.

I'll be back for MM2

And back.

Really wish I could find some pointers to mapping in UE2

Reverse image gave me nothing, I had to search on pixiv itself to find it pixiv.net/member.php?id=4325914
It's not wrong to spoonfeed when something is not that common.

We need more developers.

Like I said, I didn't have the link for it.

That will be the more challenging part.

Even though its 4 years old, I still like MM2 and wish there was more games like it where its not a chore to play like H&S or the Diablo games.

I mentioned it last thread, but I'd kill for a light gun style Touhou arcade game in the vein of HOTD or Point Blank (Point Blank more because I think a party game suits Touhou more)

Heck even Bishi Bashi works.

What is Mokou holding?

The biggest problem with MM2 is the lag. The hitboxes and some special moves are annoying, but nothing in that game is as bad as the lag.

One thing I like about H&S is that it gives a sense of progress. Unfortunately, it's grindy and oversimplified. All equipable items look identical and the "kill these monsters until you get 3 collectables" quest lines are stupid. The best one is to kill the bosses but the bosses are just hit sponges and the rewards are worthless.

I would kill for a Touhou dungeon crawler that's like Nox.
Would real light guns be necessary?

A sandal/flip-flop.

True, but hey thats Nip Netcode for you.

Not to mention how bullshit the item drop rate is (At least when it comes to spell cards)

Well if those don't work, could always ditch them and use the keyboard. Then it'd be like Typing of the Dead

…and now I want a "Touhou teaches typing" game

Thanks. I found the pixiv account last night. I downloaded and named all of them, here's a batch if anyone cares.

mega.nz/#!iI5xFL5b!QocsHUogaektjQoOuW3Wiq46q_ZWuqSQuDhf85aeMr0

Ah, now I see it. That should have been obvious.
Another reason why we need more devs.
I did floor 1 Normal using Sakuya some time ago and got 4 spellcards. 3 stardusts and a Reimu spell. Doing the low stages quickly is a good way of getting spellcards. Still, it can't be decided which spellcards will appear, so it's better to exchange them with other players. Quest item drop rates are much worse. I've seen it range from getting 4 items from a single floor to having to clear out the floor 5+ times.

Kinda suprised that there's still nobody hosting MM2 after seeing the thread get a little more alive than usual.
host when

This picture is one of the best that I have found for representing the feeling of high leveled Touhou play.

Thought it would be more lively today too.

I got some extra spell cards if you need them. Are you guys just out right missing spells, or just need them to level?

for you

Well I can't perform Marisa's beam attack

Everybody needs spellcards. They're the best way to make a character stronger besides leveling. Maxing all spells is one of the end goals of the game.

Also that webm is awful and wouldn't be a good game. The way the Touhous handle their weapons and the stupidity of their opponents is annoying. Obviously whoever made this had never used a gun.

s-sorry I'm late

You might be on to something there user.

Emergency right here.
When does everyone play HnS?

One slot left, starting in three/five minutes.

Fucking hell, did you start? I literally just looked at the thread and found out.

Of course Nips can't into guns, but they should at least do some research.

Sorry, I guess we started pressing a too much too quickly.

I guess I'll be waiting… Don't think I'll have to time play now, though. I wish you guys waited just a minute more, it took so long for host to host that I thought nobody was gonna host and stopped looking at the thread overall.

Nice fights.

MM2 lobby is up again. Gonna host some HnS afterwards.

I personally think we should cut to the H&S chase.

I want to get Extra mode over with

Doesn't Extra take a long time to beat?

Eh, okay, guess I'll do that. Link to party's here -

At the current level and equipment we are at, probably.

I'll have to be pulling an all nighter for this one

You should have started earlier in the day.

Hey, that was before I thought what I said was true in the game.

Don't number your threads. You only encourage extreme faggotry. Please and thank you.

We're done with the HnS Extra today, got up to Sakuya before calling it.

Planning to make a full extra run on Thursday at 10 am GMT, so be there.

I'll be asleep for a couple of hours

All right I'm up.

Unfortunately I'll be away for some time today, I apologize that it'll be a while before I join in H&S

Is it mostly gonna be HnS Extra now?
If yes then damn, I hope there's gonna be some MM2 in between Mostly because I missed the last MM2 game.
in case mm2 actually does happen i'm up for it

Also, I genuinely don't know why I was quoting >>10252498.

I mean, does anyone need to catch up?

Well, I have level 20 something, but there's no way I'm catching up to fucking extra with a char that should probably be used on hard.

Well, I thought you guys were gonna do HnS extra around now. Or did I get the times wrong?

i really want to play mm2 after missing that last game

Well I'm back.

Seems a bit late to do H&S extra.

I did get Sakuya and Alice but they're level 0 along with Reimu so its pretty useless

If you guys are still around, we can do some HnS, or Soku.

Who the hell needs sleep though?

And you guys who want H&S know you can just use Evolve to host whenever you want to, right?

That is what we've been doing, yes.

timeanddate.com/time/zones/gmt
it's Wednesday, Thursday's tomorrow

guess I'll host HnS anyway though, party link's at

Lunatic run, any takers?

bump

How far did you guys get in that last HnS extra game?
i-i'm always up for mm2 if you want…

See

I was talking about but ok.

We playing anything today?

I'm probably not.

Why not?

Going to be away again.

I'll be ready to tackle extra tomorrow though

There's no time to play on weekdays.

Tomorrow will be a bit of a pain for me, if I do join, it will be later.

Anyone up for Soku, I'll do a few rounds. Later on.

Is that a new Fantasy Maiden Wars?

If you still want to play Soku I'll play.

I would not know, probably.

50.88.138.151:10800 If you are still here. I can play a few rounds. Got caught up in something.

I'm trying to join, but the connection seems to failing.

Technically difficulties, try now.

GGs user, I wasn't expecting you to dp out of the ticket to the netherworld.

GG user, I just wasn't feeling the flow too night. So many times I started to early or too late to connect my moves.

Don't feel bad, I fucked up a bunch of inputs too.

Aie, I'm still learning all the character's specials. I think I'm pretty comfortable with Suika though.

With Youmu for example. I kept forgetting which one was ghost fling. This ended up helping me out a few times since not even I knew what my next move was going to be!

HnS in two hours.

I-I just hope people will be there…

I'll be there in a couple of hours, once I wake up, then its showtime

Hosting Extra HnS now, party link's at

I don't know what I expected

You couldn't have picked a worse time.

OK fairies, I'm ready to roll

bump

How do you cope with the situation, Holla Forums?

Well I guess theres at least still the books and animus made…

Are the old ones expired?

They got boring, unless you're one of those autists that has to play for score.

I'm up for games.
just not HnS extra or AoE+

I'm back and still horrible at video games

Hostan soku
190.38.154.104:10800

GGs to whoever i was just playing, i still can't stop laughing at that flamethrower match, it was just too damn silly. I have something to do, but i'll rehost in a few minutes.

GGs, I'm sorry about the shit connection and random stopping at the beginning. My computer was fucking up, but it fixed itself in the end.

Nah mate it was probably my net, third world country and all, wanna keep playing soku or should i host PoFV?

Sure if you want to keep battling we can play more soku, It just might take me a second to join.

Aite rehosting then, same IP/port as

Hold up a second I gotta be right back.

Got it, i'll rehost in the meantime if anyone wants to play.

I'm not too sure as to what happened, but GG anyways. I'll just take that as a sign to stop for now.

Glad you're safe.

Mornin, fairies.

How many of you are interested in the mainline Touhou games?

What?

The Touhou games that aren't fangames. Here's some examples.

Ahhh

Well I suppose I am somewhat interested considering that I like games that do not drag on for far too long and are more arcadey.

Makes wish they remade the PC-98 games though

You don't actually think ZUN made all the games alone, do you?

Well, I have played the main games quite a lot in the past. I've managed to get a lunatic 1cc of pretty much every main Windows game and have even finished some challenge runs on multiple lunatic modes. Though lately I've only been playing the rare PoFV match with other people, and I very occasionally spend some time playing PCB. Right now I'm mainly playing other shmup games but am planning to make a return to Touhou in the future.

I'm up for some games.

Well, I've played them quite a lot before, so far I 1ccd most of the main games on normal but I occasionally try to 1cc PCB on hard if I'm really bored.

It's quiet.

I can host some Soku.

Address here

Fun games Eiy-eiy-ya I came close so many times.

Hosting again.

GGs. I'm not sure how you're failing to combo with Suika, since all you have to do is mash AAAA.

because Suika likes to punch things, and there is only one melee button.
I have a thing with fighters that projectiles are cheap so I like to only stick to melee attacks, but this a touhou game where most of your attacks are projectiles. I need to break that habit.

I can't into this game.

We didn't even finish the obligatory two match warm ups.

Still hosting.

What do you mean? We did 3 matches.

Do 3 more

Two, three, the point is, it wasn't near 10.

Although on the subject on Alice, I don't know what to do when she actually starts getting dolls out. I haven't really tried her my self, but they act like really good barriers against projectiles, while still making their own. Can't waste time on the dolls, but they obviously are going land hits on you eventually, while giving Alice free range to do whatever.

What the downside? To them?

Alice is vulnerable while laying dolls. She has to find a way to "cancel" out of it, this is usually a high jump.

hisouten.koumakan.jp/wiki/Movement#Dash.2FFly.2FJump_Cancel_.28HJC.29

Useful to know. It still doesn't seem like a big window even if she doesn't cancel out of it. I should read through all of these. Also, I'll start with Suika next time.

cute.

I suppose it is around dead air time.

Still hosting if anyone is on.

You got my attention.

That Iku in 3rd webm reminds me that I should get myself into resuming Unreal modding and find the better replacements for the non Sky Arena 2hus, she seems pretty good lookin'.

I also just realized that not all the vertexes need to be welded in Milkshape (for example, their hair) so…I'll probably have to remake the models again so that the only things that need to be welded are the hands and face.

Should I also delete Hack & Slash since we probably won't complete Extra Mode anytime soon?

Nah, I'll host Extra again tomorrow, or today if people are up to it now.

Video of someone showcasing the model I think.

I'm still holding out hope, since I really want to do the Extra run.

The downside is that you use suckuya and throw knives that go straight through them.

Well like I said, I usually go to sleep around this time and get up at about 8 or 9AM PTS so…

If you're awake by that time, I'll go for it.

2hu for ants?

Anyhoo, I'll probably be doing some more polls on which MMD models will suit Unreal the best and doesn't look too uncanny valley or awful (Assuming that the shaders will make them look just as good as MMD)

Alright, gonna try to host it tomorrow around that time

To make up for it.
This model was made 5 years ago. So there might be a newer version someone where. Hope to see in game later. Hope there is a game later.

Too character specific, but I should really try Dio Brando's daughter. She seemed fun that last few times I fought against her.

if you host again I'll play alice games with you

mm2ing, please wait warmly.

how does that even happen

Ai decided not to fuck around those last round, gawd damn.

Hosting

GGs, at least I don't get cornered any more. Still confused if melee attacks DO or DONT hit people out of gazing. I think I should probably stick to getting gud with Suika first before using other characters. Although I still find Meiling fun.

pain and suffering

All right, I'm awake!

Well, I guess I can hope the next MM2 game won't happen while I'm not sleeping.
or maybe even UT2004/KF

Thanks, brain.

Hosting HnS extra here -
evolvehq.com/recruit/party?token=player:dENYHt6GEi5GUGDe,party:eW_wvaPunDOFA96e

Currently at Floor 5

Will join soon

Currently at floor 9

Extra mode status: COMPLETED
Cirno status: ABSOLUTELY DESTROYED.

Well done.

Won't be need any of these any more.

Oh geez, the dude made another Touhou game and it plays almost like H&S (Even uses sounds from it)

But theres no netplay option like in H&S so….

Good

Where do you think he is now? I've actually been wondering what many of these devs do later on since we've been playing so many of these.

Apparently he made a tower defense game in 2014.

Thats a shame.

I've posted this before. It seems to be an older version of HnS.

It's such a bummer when devs abandon their games and don't even bother to release their source code.

I always assume they're like devs of the old days: Moved on, no longer interested in working on that franchise, kept themselves quiet over the internet, or in some rare cases died

Also Comiket 90 seems to be happening! Dev for Touhou Sky Drift made another game (Non-Touhou sadly)

Same.

Its funny because in the past, I never thought about source codes or proprietary software but now? I really wish source codes and shit being released were part of the norm (Guess they're afraid of people making something better than them or whatever)

Is releasing the source code of a game against Japanese/Doujin culture? I think it's just something they don't do there. It's not in their mindset.

Apparently, "Open Source" is a foreign concept over there.

Some of the reasons I guess mostly boil down to "We don't want inferior piggu to touch our superior crafted product! Inferior piggu make shit and we will not release code just for inferior piggu to humiliate us!"

Wouldn't surprise me considering Konami trashed the source code for Silent Hill 2 once it was done (And then came the HD collection, ha ha)

Japan makes no sense to me sometimes.

If there was ever a time for a follow up, now would be the time.

Something tells me it just never occurred to them.

I think that is some of it. Especially when trying to download some of those MMD models where you can get questions like.
but at the same time, they are more then willing to share with others their work, the MMD model format does it count as a format? I'm not sure the proper term for that. are based around freeware license. Which is similar, but not the same as open-source.

Not to mention the lax nature of Touhous being used by so many people, and not really suffering copywrite laws from Zun.

The fact they even had a version of the build archive, but it wasn't the "gold" build, or the final build used for the original game seems like Konami had bad management for years.

They should stop acting like fags whenever "Inferior piggu" uploads their stuff elsewhere then, makes them look like drama queers. Then again I'm probably taking their xenophobic nature too seriously and maybe they don't blow their gasket whenever someone uses their stuff

Contrast that with Disney whenever one of their IPs is about go public domain, BAM! Copyright extended to NEXT MILLENNIUM!

Still, the fact that they'd throw away their source code instead of keeping it archived somewhere in case they go tits up or someone wants to have a shot at making something with it makes me agitated.

They don't care about freedom or progress.

That sure sounds like Japan.
ZUN is unique in this regard. I think the reason for this is because of his commitment to old style Doujin culture.

Japs tend to be hostile towards piracy. It's common for them to have collections of cases. They like to show it off on Twitter. If you mention that you downloaded something, they'll get mad at you. They know gaijin pirate everything which is part of their hostility.

Japs usually have a negative reaction to downloading something instead of buying it. Some of them will vilify you like you're the spawn of the devil. I was once on a Japanese stream where I mentioned downloading the game being streamed. The host then bought the game for me. They care about that kind of stuff. They have a completely different paradigm over there. That's not to say they don't pirate. If you look at torrents of Japanese works(especially nyaa.se), most of the IPs are usually Japanese. It's just something that's expected to be kept private.
The concept of IP is absurd. It's just cronyism.
Didn't ZUN admit that he lost the source code for the earlier games? If that's true, then it's a big shame.

I don't know about progress considering robotics is flourishing over there (Unrelated topic but still)

This is the part where we'll never get along.

They can cry many rivers.

Do they realize that by doing that many times it loses its meaning and for some people, being the spawn of satan is awesome?

Surprised you didn't get banned considering how stingy people can be.

I guess thats fine, like never bringing your fetish to a conversation.

I don't remember him saying that. Isn't there a danmaku engine made anyway?

I think I've gone long enough (And we're near 300 posts)

Zun confirmed for bro tier.
That was nice of them. The downloading issue hasn't gotten better for them since it still takes months due to "Lolz-calization", and the shit job many companies even do.
Well, he is one guy, so he probably formatted without thinking. As appose to an entire company worth millions.
I think I've gone long enough (And we're near 300 posts)

Hosting Soku
>50.88.138.151:10800
Pretty sleepy, probably only have a handful of games in me.

That was fun

GG random user. I assume the ducking a lot meant you wanted to take it easy, right? Sorry for the try hard rounds at the beginning.

It was indeed fun. My favorite was the Cirno Suwako round.

The ducking a lot was me trying to teabag you,
:^)

That was a good round.

oh. lewd.

In anycase fun rounds also 300, and good night.

Don't forget to remove Hack and Slash since we finally completed it (We may not have completed all the difficulties with different characters but they must be joking if they thinking I'm gonna replay and do the same grind and dance over and over again)

Also I'll be away tomorrow

They're being coerced by enterprise. Their culture punishes individuality and creativity.
It's one of the most bizarre things about their culture.
I don't remember where, but it was in an interview related to localization.

He puts no effort into his newer works, he doesn't bother to fix game breaking bugs, he takes credit for other peoples' work, and he hangs out with Moot and his cronies. I'm highly skeptical of him.
They make it as hard as possible for gaijin piggu to buy their games then go bonkers when they are downloaded. How can you reach people that do this? The only thing that makes them happy is being left alone.
Touhou is arguably worth millions. ZUN just doesn't seem to capitalize on it. He even rejected the anime deal. Imagine if ZUN sold the rights to Touhou to Bethesda or EA.

Some of us are still going to play it. The only thing I'm planning to change about the OP is the UT patch from . New thread will be tomorrow.

New thread:

Why would you even say such an evil thing.