Nintendo diversity was first

Playing as grrr in zelda? Already happened in 1997 only in japan

i wonder who is know more progressiv?

youtube.com/watch?v=qLK8Fs1Nb98

Get out

And you too

I think it's time to turn off the internet for tonight.

That game was odd. It came in chapters that you had to download and finish before the next one came out, right? If I remember correctly, there was a Mario one too.

MSU-1 restoration fucking when?

Yeah, there was a Satellaview Mario game based on Super Mario Bros. 2, or Super Mario USA over there, as well as one based on Super Mario Bros. 3.

it was like a livestream over the satellaview hardware. like Brodcasting the game.

Say it to my face ben

Is it any good?

Oh wow. That's actually kinda cool, must have been innovative for the time. Other than sorta screwing over replaying it.

I never liked limited games like this, I guess you can say it's a load of BS

If you've played Mario All-Stars, you pretty much know what you're getting. It's based on a set of levels from any of the games except the Lost Levels. Like said, it's meant to be played online with live, radio-quality music with commentary from Japanese radio personalities (like with BS Stone Tablets and BS The Legend of Zelda), so if you find the ROM somehow there's no music. If you want to know how it might have played out on the actual Satellaview, video related is an attempt to recreate one of the games in action using an MSU-1 patch.

TL;DR it's bullshi-

GOD DAMN IT CARLOS

One could say Nintendo was using always-online DRM before it was cool.

there is a hacked rom without timelimit. use snes9 emu to play the satellaview games.

That's a prime example of how too much narration can harm a good game.

Except that's wrong, nintendo.

user please. No one played Hydlide. They should have, but they didn't.

well holy fuck I learnt something new today

MSU-1 never existed it just adds the supposed Nintendo PlayStation capabilites in the form of an expansion chip like the SuperFX or CX4 and it was basically made by byuu, it's not restoring it's making shit that was never there to begin with.

*adding shit that should've been there but wasn't.
Fixed that for you user.

Considering someone has made a voice acted tutorial for Zelda 1 with that I'd be inclined to totally disagree.

Except that tutorial, as cringeworthy as it was, was in the Satellaview version of the first Zelda. Japan only of course.

Well didn't know that, still doesn't change the fact that creating new content that didn't exist at the time still doesn't categorize as restoration.

The sattelaview actually added some CD quality sound to some of the games you know. The Zelda one had a voice over with some of the characters.

It was like Tetra's Trackers.
There are longplays in Youtube. It might be missed by completionist autists but 98% of Zeldafans shouldn't give a fuck.

TL;DR: BS Zelda is not a proper Zelda game and it's on par with crap like "Link's Crossbow Training" and those horrible Tingle games.

For fucksake, they made a second one even?

Actually, the first Zelda game with a playable Zelda was from a CDI game called "Zelda's Adventures" (1994)