Overwatch General

==IT'S BAD BECAUSE REASONS== edition
Last thread is on page 14 at bumplock.

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/7VE43
archive.is/1O8vM
reddit.com/r/Overwatch/comments/4sz7o8/i_extracted_some_of_the_audio_files_from_the/
twitter.com/reapernames
clarkesworldmagazine.com/watts_01_10/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Bumplock never.

GO HOME OVERCUCKS

STOP SEXUALIZING THE GONDOLA YOU BASTARDS.

Zenyatta is the most fun character in the game now

This thread is now D.va exclusive
Please leave the thread, non-D.va shits

Played the most fun match I've ever had yesterday. KOTH on Nepal, we had 2 Reinhardts and 4 Anas. Dealing with the Reinhardts was impossible because of all the heals and ults they were getting, but trying to hunt down Anas would leave the Reinhardts free to destroy whoever was left on the point, and most people who tried hunting down the scattered Anas would get ripped apart by sniper fire. It was fun as hell.

You posted this in the last one you denim sniffing whore

That does not sound like fun.

I knew it felt like he got buffed.

Buffed his health a bit and made his discord and harmony orbs way faster
I didn't think it was such a big deal but the orb speed change makes it so that you can flank and discord enemies and kill everyone not a tank if you have good aim

How did that D.va girl became Korean Umaru?

it would be nice if you tasteless fags at least had some sense of originality, but I guess even that is asking too much for absolute plebs who play garbage like overwatch

Because she has no personality ingame whatsoever other than "lol videogames"

can only taste your salt

no one in this game has any personality, they're all hollow caricatures

someone's hurt their favorite shit game is being made fun of, maybe try killing yourself

True, but Dva is easily the flattest of them all.

They didnt even make an attempt.

the same could be said for the entirety of this shallow tf2 clone

Clearly your opponents were retarded or they would have countered with a 4/5 Reinhardt 2/1 Lucio Testudo.

D.Va is the wost of them all because LOL VIDEO GAYMAN XD NERD CULCHUR XDDD

I wonder how many people who come here to complain about it have actually played it. Because if you had actually played it you would know it's nothing like TF2 in term of gameplay other than that it's class based.

mediocre capture point go to the big glowing icon game play

yeah it's pretty much like tf2 and hundreds of other equally shit shooters from the past decade.

My favourite characters are zenyatta and junkrat.

does this make me a faggot?

Why does Reaper have two mobility abilities?
So he can better REAPosition himself

I don't really know about that. The class system of TF2 is much more shallow as there's only four classes viable in general and two or four more that can be used for niche purposes but the core mechanics of each class in Overwatch are shallower individually than those in TF2 I think.

A lot of the characters have backstories that get hinted at in the lines of dialogue. D.Va not only lacks any of that but is by far the clingiest character to boot.

Also if the game is shallow compared to TF2, how come it actually has headshot bonuses for most attacks instead of random crits?

the thread is already about me and not about this garbage game, it's safe to say I won

thats a pretty fucking embarrassing way to measure depth in a game lol, you might want to play more games if that's your perception.

No it makes you the best.

Fuck Reapers damage output is insane.

we are in harmony.

Insurgency has capture points, does that make Insurgency the same as Overwatch?

Too obvious.

it's another shitty game, are shit person shooters all you play?

kid the month's over, you can move on.

Damn dude you're pretty fucking mad for no reason.

he shoots and reloads way too fast

50% faggot 50% cool guy

I have fans already!?
Bumplock when?

Yea I think the best way to balance him out would be slow down the reload a bit, that alone could do it. Because he's supposed to sneak up on you and get his shots out not chase you around the map with a never ending shotgun

he's not even reload canceling, what a pleb

You have fans like whores do, so why don't you fuck off? :^)

That shaves off only about half a second if even that. I reckon Blizzard doesn't want that to be an actual technique he has to use since it's not very intuitive.

Half a second is a lot of time. I know it's won me at least a few 1v1s. Regular reload definitely feels like it takes forever now compared to canceling.

I'll say it again… buff quick melee, either give it knockback, stun, or more damage, but please, we need some protection when in close range (assuming the hero's weapon is not good for it)

You're delusional.

He's just such a sneaky fuck, most the time if the person who trys to sneak up on you fucks up they just phantom away. In a big fight they will just run up in your face spraying away, reloading seems incredibly fast. Most of the time I don't die but i've lost so much health a shot or two will end me.

the devs are sjws and i personally don't like the gameplay or character designs

Knockback would fuck up a lot of hero's combos, like Roadhog, but some more damage would be neat.
I'm not sure what it would do for game balance, though. Lots of heroes have very short ranged weapons, going near someone to unload them and being hit with quick melee for more damage than you can dish out seems frustrating.

You think that's bad? Try Tracer. I rarely get to play her but when I do, I just feel bad for everyone else. Her Blink is even more obnoxious than Wraith Form, she unloads damage faster, reloads faster and moves faster. At least with Reaper, you can aim at him when he's trying to shoot you, good luck hitting Tracer, though.

Just had a round in Temple of Anubis, started defending as Symetra (and got PotG) but changed to Tracer when they got the first point. Did you knew there's a Large Medikit in a small building outside the last choke point? And that a Tracer that keeps retreating there for healing can keep shooting everyone in the backs when they are running to the point? And that everyone is gonna lose a fuck ton of time trying to track you down? While your team advances to the chokepoint and gains height advantage? WELL NOW YOU KNOW!

Prove it.

That's just, like, your opinion, man…

They just pander to SJW's, there are not SJW's themselves,

Pic related, and that doesn't help you either. Prove that they pander to SJWs. :^)

On Anubis, on the second large medkit on left at the attackers' side of the map, there's windows for Genji and Hanzo to climb over. On King's Row, at the last segment of the map, the two death pits are close enough for a D.Va to fly through them and ult an enemy team.

archive.is/7VE43
archive.is/1O8vM

What abilities would an abbo hero have?

I hope they add more melee characters. Honestly I think genji using his ult should be how the character plays all the time. Nerf the damage, make him a bit slower, boom! New main

holy shit, players of this game really are cuckolds

Oh so they include women from different countries and with different looks and suddendly it's Tumblr pandering? Seriously?
Would you prefer every female was a carbon copy of each other, all tall blonde girls?
I mean, you do know Zarya is the token character for Tumblr, right? That she was put in so there was no uproar anymore from that crowd, just like you get an house nigger to fill quotas? And that she's still precisely what an SJW isn't?
The game still features a nice array of tits&ass, just because they come in different colours, that doesn't mean it's Tumblr pandering.

roadhog already huffs gasoline so they got nothing

holy shit what will his wife's boyfriend think

IT bothers me that people've made Gondolas sexy.
This isn't what Gondolas is for, damn it!
Gondolas is innocent.

Bumplock when?

Is he an abbo?

naw m8 he's just a good ol' yabby killin' cunt

Is this a gondola thread now?
Can I have one of him checking his watch?

I do not have them so organized, sadly.

junkrat pls go

And yes, it is what you describe as 'tumblr pandering' if a deveoper specifically says they do it to 'empower women and minorities'.

Given Widowmaker's ass I think they forgot to do that.

Incidentally, if someone could tell me the source of this song, I would be very happy.

probably comes from this album

Are you just autistic or something?
Her neck is crazy long or some jazz, though, yeah.

I was meaning the one I replied to, but thanks for that as well.

Idk I have played Tracer alot and I've found she has become much easier to counter, even good players are somewhat easy to take down because of the health.Overall I see a reaper almost every game but Tracer maybe 1 out of 4. Genji has become alot more popular is over I think is just better right now.

ah this then

So is this worth buying as is right now?

I think blizzard's done a decent job at not being cucks in this game.

Thanks bruv, you are rightly awesome.

I can't even imagine the level of horror that we are gonna see Gondola going through, my friend…
Imagine if the "poo poo, pee pee" fad ever touches Gondola. Imagine what it's gonna look like when it touches it, and despair.

It's token pandering. Only counts if you're as gullible as Tumblr is.

wait for the halloween event
theres going to be a halloween event, right?
demoman's left eye, or ana's eye boss fight
new skins or anything

I thought he was a DJ? Is jams so good people burn the town down?
I also thought reaper was black or at least half black.

Someone post the collage of hilariously edgy Reaper names.

Nope. Lucio's gun was stolen from Symmetra's company, then he proceeded to chimp out liberate his people. His tours across the world are just really festive riots. I think reaper's some sort of hispanic.

It's really up to what you like, if you kinda enjoy tf2 for the gameplay maybe even for the cosmetic stuff it is somewhat similar. Balance is something still being worked out, seems everytime there is a buff another character gets almost no play. I'm having fun with it but take a look for yourself might or might not be something you like.

I love gondola too much to let that happen.
Can't we have just one thing left, innocent and untouched?

Nobody gives any real criticisms here. It's just HURR DURR TF2 ASSFAGGOTS KNOCKOFF When it's nothing like TF2 or ASSFAGGOTS.

Barely.
Definitely not so much that liking one means you'll like the other.
Especially when it comes to cosmetics.

no, post more gondola, fuck this shit game

If anything I really wish they'd include some sort of CtF mode, and more dialogue options to let your team know what's up.

I wish they would fix voice coms and make it so that way everyone on your team would automatically be connected to team chat, not this retarded group coms or whatever.

More gondolas is always welcome.

you should watch moomin too

Buy it now and learn how to play it in time for halloween. Something good is brewing there…

The PTR has tons of voice lines suggesting it's gonna have a new map released, a castle. They also make it sound like it's haunted or at least a graveyard (Reinhart mentions many of his comrades died there and Reaper says "I walk the graveyard shift" like the pun spic he is). There are also a few lines from Soldier and McCree about "trick or treat".
There's some more for New Year's and Christmas as well.
reddit.com/r/Overwatch/comments/4sz7o8/i_extracted_some_of_the_audio_files_from_the/
we are all newfags now

twitter.com/reapernames
Here's a collage that updates itself. It's like a LiveJournal of Shadow, the Hedgehog.

The purer and more innocent it is, the funnier it becomes to corrupt it.
The only way Gondola will ever make it is if it becomes so fucking depressing someone actually kills himself because of that.

???

Not 100% similar but it does have similarities, of course if you like one it doesnt mean you'll like the other but if you got no money and want something as close as you can try thats it. Of course Overwatch is better in alot of ways.

The trick with Gondolas is it is more melancholy than depressing.

All the same, I never got the appeal of corrupting things. Especially good things.

If you are playing with pre-mades, your voice chat will be set by default to your group, but you can change it to your team instead in the Social menu.
I guess they default to Group Chat instead of Team for the sake of convenience, you're playing with your friends, that's who you want to talk with after all, and you still have the option to switch over to team chat instead if you want to chat with them as well.

this is what the overwatch threads are now I guess.

this is garbage

Oh yeah, it's hot garbage that looks like B^Uckley did it, or was done in GoAnimate. But it's so true it hurts.

shut up and post gondola

This guy gets it.

It's a disgusting amalgamation of cancers.

Grandma?

The way the characters move, the way the characters play, the map design, nearly everything other than one gamemode that has been used in multiple games is different.
Plenty of games share gamemodes, especially FPS games.

That's fucking retarded. Most people who que together use some form of a voip program.

kil uself ma man

Another gondola to my collection.
Melancholy is where the appeal is, but depression is what will keep it safe. You overdo the melachonly and pretty soon it's gonna be an hipster post-humour ironic-depression pet project.

It's fun to corrupt things just to see what else can you do with them. It's just our naturally entropic nature to change something as fast and violently as possible, as well as our constant search for the oposite of what we have now.
The corruption of good things however… That's mostly people that don't have good things, and they can't stand seeing them. They know that's not how the world really is, but instead of letting something else be, they want to drag it down to their level of misery because they don't want to be alone.

It has a complete list of the sounds that were found and links to them as well so anyone can listen and confirm them. I am more concerned with the information that post provides than who wrote it or where it was written, if you disagree with that, you can go right back to your e-celeb threads.
I know there was an account dedicated to screencaps about retarded Reapers names. Big difference to "using twitter".

May as well argue that Touhou is cancer as well

Eh, don't go that way or you'll be arguing against voice chat in the game to begin with. If people are using external programs, they aren't gonna use in-game voice chat anyway, regardless of what channel they are placed in.
It's probably to keep friends talking only with friends so you aren't solo queuing and suddenly your team has 4 guys all talking about black dicks because they are all mad gay.

If anything, it should be an option wether to default between Team or Group chat since I'm sure that resets everytime you change server, voiding the concept of being a choice.

Why do these people exist at rank 56?
I was under the impression I was in a semi decent ranking.

Get with the times grandpa, it's gondola

A fair point, I suppose, but I'm not really one for depression. After all, depression is, of course, depressing.
I guess the big trick to keeping out hipsters is keeping it unironic. It's melancholy because that's what it is, not some commentary on society, or depression, or any of that lot.
It probably'd also help that it's largely being distributed here, where they consider to be nazi childrapist serial torturers. But, you never know, one day we could be the new "it".

Still, I'd rather not see it become a pure depression lot. Just doesn't do it for me. I'd be sad to see it go.

I'm fairly certain gondola is near eternal.
The melancholy is just right, it's like a window to the Finnish soul.

Pretty much. Worse comes to worst, I'll at least have what I've saved before.

Fuck that hits me hard, had a dream like that, had a nice girl with me that actually liked me. I dont even remember how she looked wasn't ugly but maybe was just okay but I didnt care I was so happy. I just had someone with me and there was no sex or anything just being with each other. I want it so bad…kill me.

Mister…
A woman gets up in some ladders, pisses and drops her period over a canvas, folds it in 4 to quadruplicate the picture and calls it art.
They shit in front of each other into a tin can and smear it in their faces and nobody laughs at that, they look with respect.
They drop to all fours and form a circle, stuffing their head inside the ass of who's in front of them while slowing crawling to an audience of about 50-70 people and everyone stares like it's the most amazing thing.

You best start to develop a taste for depression because there's nothing Gondola can do to defend itself against this. Hide, keep the Gondola posting minimal and restricted to unpopular sites\thread, because if they find it, if they see what it is… It's gone.

Proof that time is linear or will the cycle reset and the serpent eat its tail?

I really wish, they would change sudden death this season, which is probably not going to happen. It´s maybe a good idea to actually make it into a sudden death game, in which you only have one live on a king of the hill map. At least i would prefer it to what we have now.

Or maybe it doesn't have a beginning or an end.

Ah, but that woman does it in the name of irony. She tries to place some deeper meaning on her actions.

Keep gondolas just what it is. When someone says "oh, this is a statement on society as a whole, and how these legless creatures go on living day to day" yadda yadda yadda you get the idea, you should reply "What? No, are you stupid or something? It's just a comphy melancholy webm. Stop being autistic.".

Might not work, but then, I don't know that such artfags will ever care about finnish memes to begin with.

I had a similar dream, but it was with a 20ton mech.

Saddest thing in whole thread.
Truly this 3D world is a cursed realm.

Now I'm suffering second hand depression

B O R E D T O D E A T H

I've talked about it before around the board. It was really quite nice. She was absolutely adorable. Naive and all.
She didn't know much outside of weaponry, tactics, and her own systems, so I was teaching her things. Took piloting as marriage due to some poor phrasing, and refused to let go of the idea. Over time, things just escalated from there.
I wish I remembered more, though. At least it wasn't just one dream, I guess. Still, leaves it all as a blur. Can't follow details, or anything like that. I know the train of events within the dream that started the lot, but then things start jumping.

Dreams are terrible.

Didn't realize I was on /r9k/

Gondola is non-interaction. It is existence. Melancholy gondolas are a reflection of existence, but there are plenty of other kinds of gondolas that can exist.

ok
lol talk about going to 100 real quick

NEVER

Is gondola furshit?
I honestly probably would dick that, Jesus Christ help me

Someone please sell this game to me. It seems interesting, and I'm more or less resigned to the fact that TF2 is dead.

My biggest issues with it, from having not played it are that it seems:

Shit might as well ask here since it doesn't warrant its own thread.
I just shopped some stuff together to make this gif, any way to make it into a webm with music without downloading some soft?

Write you dreams down right when you wake up.

Fucking hilarious. There is literally nothing to talk about this game because it is so devoid of substance. Any sort of strategy discussion is generic shit that could apply to the newest cowadooty. Enjoy the death of your game once it runs out of memes.

It's not really slow pretty fast paced but you dont need split second reaction like in CS or die instantly. The game feels very different depending on who and how you play so if you get bore normally switch who you are playing and who you play with. Games end up feeling very different because of all the factors of skill,characters, playstyle,etc.

I hope you realize that people like me don't even play OW.
We come here for the memes. Overfags get pissed as hell, it's funny.

doing god's work, user. proud of you.

IIRC a gif website like gycat or giphy or some shit uses html5 or some shit to convert gifs to webms

There are actually pretty fast going classes like Tracer or Genji. But of course they are the heroes with a higher skill ceiling and floor.
Dude, there are over 20 heroes and everyone of them has unique perks and movement system. There is a lot of variety in that department.
I give you that. It has not really a lot of gamemodes and maps, but it´s enough to keep me going.

You know the only reason that Overwatch Even exists and is relevant is due to the fact that Valve completely destryoed TF2 and failed to foster any kind of competitive scene without fucking the game?
Overwatch's success is a direct result of valve's IP Suicide.
And they're probably going to remain at the top of this genre because the companies competing with them are equally, if not more incompetent than valve.
No amount of spamming in a childish manner will make Overwatch go away. Let overfags have their general, it's not as if you're actually going to convince them to stop playing. They've got nowhere else to go. RIP MNC, you deserved better

You're pretty much correct, especially on the slow part. I'm assuming you're comparing this to an arena shooter.

I never played TF2, either.

Then what the fuck is your deal?

He's correct though. Valve have fucked up TF2. When I went to try out the new competitive matchmaking earlier this week there were ~12 people queuing "nearby". We then, all Aussies, got matchmade to a laggy Singapore server.

It's unfortunately dead.

HE ACTUALLY THINKS IT'S NOT BECAUSE OF HYPE AND WAIFUSHIT
stop right there, the genre is just as much of a fad as the indie survival multiplayer genre
You're correct, you'll all be bored of it in a year till the next flavor of the month arrives, exactly like the cucked splatoon fags.
nah, it's a shit game and you're promoting blizzard trash. kill yourself.
I know, I don't argue with redditors. You'll all give up soon enough, barring a few autists.
You have the entire fucking internet. I can't go a day without running into you faggots and your community.

k

(You)

Sorry, I can only give one for now.

I think it´s clear who the newfag actually is.

Can't you read, homie? We're here for them may-mays :^)

I didn't come here to hide shit threads you complete faggot. If I wanted to stick my head in the sand I would have, you faggot. Seems like you've got a problem with projection, faggot. Seems like you're grasping at straws by changing goalposts because you know I'm right, you faggot. Kill yourself, you faggot.

I'm not going to deny that blizzard is good at hyping up a game, but it's not the sole reason this game has been met with success, valve has alienated a large portion of its userbase close to the release of this game, and the terrible patches are still ongoing. You haven't countered my point, just assblasted an opinion
Team fortress is just a fad, right? that's why it's had millions of players for over 10 years?
The reason why there's an enormous influx of team shooters is because it's a genre that has a fanbase constantly searching for a superior game. Since TF2 shat the bed, everyone's been roaming around for that. I'm not making the point that overwatch is the superior game, it's not. it's just better than anything else right now. Yes, a majority of player WILL move if a better game is released. Your point holds no weight.
I hate blizzard as much as the next guy. I don't think many players would make a case in their defence. but they've tapped into a previously mistreated playerbase and we're basically all fucking genre refugees at this point. I'm not promoting blizzard, nor overwatch. merely discussing it.
LE REDDIT MAYMAY XD
Careful not to cut yourself on the edge there, kiddo.
How goddamn triggered are you, you enormous faggot? does the sight of an overwatch video on youtube send you into a tendie-induced rage or something?

I like the art and random discussions that happen.

meant to spoiler fug :DDD

I wasn't trying to. I know the game is successful but it certainly isn't because of good gameplay. I don't give a rat's ass about TF2. Sounds like a boogeyman.
you're implying that OW, a game that doesn't even support the most simple of mods and lacks even a server browser, will have anywhere near the staying power of TF2. The genre had it's entries back then, but it certainly is a fad now.
Absolutely not, it's a bunch of fags with the LoL mindset constantly looking to show off their "killer snowflake main character/abilities."
Literally no evidence for this. People will play anything popular.
Saying that doesn't make it true. I don't even know what you're trying to argue at this point. You seem to understand that it is a shit game that will die quickly, so I have no idea what you're trying to argue about at this point.
No they haven't, they've tapped into casuals who can't even bother with league and want that concept applied to FPS. You sound like a fucking battered wife.
Nice "le everyone who insults me and has a different opinion is edgy" maymay. And sweet, you even followed it up with the inevitable "kiddo." Sweet language there, Coldsteel.
Like I said, I'm no faggot and I'm here to get you fucking casuals off this board. It's clear you don't belong here. Ignoring the problem doesn't make it go away.
Sounds like you're the triggered faggot. You seem like the most asshurt TF2 bitch looking for a safe space to not have your shit new game criticized. Looks like you're just trying to play this game to spite valve like the battered wife you are. SMH TBH FAM.

Reload cancelling as Reaper doesn't actually save any time. It's still worth doing because you don't lose any time doing it and basically get a free melee hit in.

heh that's pretty good

is symettra usage on the decline? i feel like i haven't seen her much the last few times i played

In my opinion it's better so you can at least tell your team something.

I don't know for sure but I would believe she is considering that the top-tier characters are now characters that aren't really bothered by her turrets.

memes

good content tho

People who don't play to win or never show signs of improvement should be banned from playing OW.

I shouldn't be laughing at it, but I am.

Cry me a river bitch.

But I'm not from india.

5, 5 times user got his little wee wee hard by saying faggot

playing to learn is more important

I would say people who "just play for fun bro" (fucking around like an ADD-ridden 5 year old) should be banned from playing any multiplayer video game.

It's a classic FPS gamemode, are you seriously trying to use this as an argument?

Nigga that's actually fucking glorious

Maybe. It's also ruining everyone else's good time because you're a cunt who sort of wants to play the game, but not really, so you're just making a nuisance of yourself instead of doing something else.

Competitive games exist to ruin other people's fun. Be it you teammates or opposing team - doesn't matter.
Wanna be so tryhard - compensate for my fun with your "skill" or deal with it bitch nigga.

If you can't tell the difference between ruining someone else's fun by winning, and ruining your team's fun by being a burden because you don't ACTUALLY want to play the game, you should probably kill yourself. Maybe get a friend to help you with it so you don't end up just smacking the gun against a building "for fun".

But why should I kill myself if I'm enjoying my time? If you get so frustrated over video games, maybe YOU should kill yourself?

How fitting.

Upload failed.

Reload cancel is actually the same exact amount of frames as normal reload. It's been debunked for a long time.

I bet you're that one lonely faggot who gets salty when his team is having fun goofing around playing one class.

as much as I hate to say it, that's not entirely an incorrect statement.

meme

How childish. This is what faggots that got tired of losing always come up with.

When you have a very close match where you tried your best and made it into overtime at the last point but still lost, did you not have fun? Does a single screen saying "Defeat" that only lasts 5 seconds completely invalidate the fun you had the last 10 minutes?

Equally skilled oponents will always win and lose the same amount of games, losing is as much part of the game as winning and if you can't accept it, you have some growing to do.
However, if you only have fun winning, then stick to singleplayer games where you always eventually win.
If you can't stand the idea that other people can also win the game, then don't expect anyone else to care about you either.

Reminder: It's never about winning or losing, it's who you win and lose against that matters. It's never about how skilled you are now, it's about how much you improved since yesterday. Your biggest oponent is yourself and you only truly lose if you did not learn anything from your defeat.

There are many viper images i could use.

reload canceling does nothing if you're just trying to shoot faster, but it can be useful if whatever you're canceling into has meaning of its own (e.g. roadhog reload canceling into heal)

But Reaper's not overpowered

reaper is the exception because his reload finishes early but the animation continues

Why is Ana so good?

I need to remap my melee key. V feels like such an awkward position as I'm left handed and use my keyboard with my right hand.
Does anyone else have the same issue?

Because at any point in the match, you'll always have 11 targets to shoot at, 6 enemies and 5 teammates. Not only that but because of your range, you'll often be in position for all of them, not just the closer ones. This makes playing with her a fast-paced experience since you're constantly monitoring the health of everyone, you included, while also keeping an eye out of priority sniping targets like other snipers or pharah.
Her grenade is very usefull as well and it feels nice to throw it.
Her Ulti is pretty unique and you get to watch terrifying shit when you use it at the right time on the right people.
And her Sleep Dart is one of the biggest cock blocks in the game, it's incredibly satisfying to end other hero's Ultis with it. Can't believe there hasn't been a comic about N'Ana cockblocking someone with the dart from banging her daughter…

Use Mouse 4. It's much more convenient and it makes sense to keep all forms of attacks on the mouse.

Overmeme newfags can't redtext

And who are those? They definitely "bother" mccree, ana, and zenyatta. All of them have low ROF meaning they can't kill all the turrets fast.

DVa is pretty good against her turrets, but unless she can track extremely well symmetra herself can easily murder DVa and eject has no chance.

People on this board paid for Splatoon at launch for $60 even though it only had one game mode, a few weapons, and 4 maps, and a short single player and still called it GOTY.

I mapped my melee to scrollup, most seem to bind it to one of the mouse buttons.

Holy christ this game has some of the worst fucking matchmaking I feel like I've ever seen. I'm a rank 70 in comp and it feels great when playing there, but in quickplay I cannot fucking win. I've been mccree to practice all of today and despite my accuracy noticeably improving (consistently at 60% and reached 85% at one point) and getting golds every fucking game I lose. This has been going on for several days now.

Why is everyone in quickplay so trash at the game. I can't even use it to practice without tilting.

after a solid decade of brown and bloom followed by grimdark colorful team shooters were a welcome change.

you're waifu a cute

Despite all that, it still seemed like a fun game. Kinda makes me want to buy a WiiU to try it as well but buying a console for a single game is retarded.
I'm sure it's nothing that special, but after all the shooters we've had, the change of aesthetics and the new mechanics with the wall riding thing sure sound like good fun.

Quickplay seems to be filled with those too retarded for Ranked or simply faggots that can't handle seeing "Rank 30" everytime they try it. Personnaly, I just consider them an extra chalenge and don't even care that much about losing, but don't try Quickplay now to actually win. Try it to practice a few heroes before hitting ranked or just having fun being obnoxious.

I maintain the theory that Minecraft only achieved it's success because it was released at a time when First Person = "have a gun instead of a right arm and a grenade throwing device instead of a left arm".
I'm sure there are other factors there, but it was an idea that still hadn't been done comercially before and appealed to people in a time where most First Person games were very similar to each other.
Really wish AAA devs took notice of both that game and Splatoon and realized taking risks with new ideas can often lead to great blockbusters. :^)

Too bad we ain't getting wolf girls in Overwatch…

Don't forget on-disc DLC locked behind plastic statues.

Or shitty non-existant matchmaking system.

That's exactly what I'm using quickplay for. But when the enemy team has these fantastic widowmakers and a coordinated, actually-using-reinhardt's-wall enemy team, I can 1v1 easily but cannot reliably survive against the entire team. Can't get much good practice in.

Why is Bastion so cute?

Clang will be insufferable when sombra gets added.

I just said he was cute, the same way Metabee and Wall-E are cute.

Overwatch confirmed gay

Please don't make me sad user

STOP, FUCKING STOP

The filename implies he has several of these images.

That's the case for a lot of characters, including Roadhog like I mentioned. Almost every character finishes their reload before the animation ends, but there's still no benefit to reload canceling.

ASS2ASS

I HAVE THAT TOO

Mercy x Pharah or Mercy x 76?

pharmercy just so Ana beats up mercy.

reinhardt x phara
mercy x 76

Phamercy best couple.

>>>/tumblr/

If you wanted an objective & quantifiable reason, here's one.

That has been fixed a few patches ago.

keyboard has shit in it, went full retard and pasted what I had already.

they fixed the hitbox thing already

this is the world we live in now.

There is a sad subset of Holla Forums that took Holla Forumss roofie pill and became their "shadow sjws" that behave in exactly the same way. close your mind, think only one way and keep your spaces safe from 'the enemy' while behaving in the most bias, close minded and hyper aggressive way possible.

Sad part is they dont realise the mirror they have become.

a different kind of shit is still shit and the "everything is tumblr if i dont like it" is just as fucking annoying as sjws now, you became your own strain of cancer.

I think they're bothered by it being interracial.
You think they might appreciate the fact that It's an arab and a swedish woman.

when you stop typing like a faggot, you'll stop getting treated like one.

Oh, I don't care about dykes, it's the interracial shit. Shitskins are gross.

did you miss the part where I said reinhardt should be with phara instead? "pharmercy" is the default tumblr-approved ship

Mercy is Swiss.

torbjorn is the swede

there'd need to be a joke first

Enlighten me.

I didn't make that post, niggers for brains.

holy fuck people getting mad at a retarded OTP
do you have brain damage?

Y-you see>>10211395

Aside from the fact that it's been patched. It doesn't look good if you're resorting to complaining about the hitboxes. That really makes it look like you're reaching for a reason to complain.

Also shitty hitboxes are so common in shooters it isn't funny. Look at how fucked TF2's is for example. But people never used it as an excuse to shitpost on TF2 threads.

wow, didn't know he's muzzlim, well beard & shit

switzerland and sweden have always been mixed up.
this has been a joke on the internet for decades.
how fucking new are you?

he seems pretty upset by the notion of omnic and humans getting along, so maybe Overwatch sweden got their shit together and stopped being the cuckold country

i've been here for years, never heard of it. it's not even funny; you'd have to be a fucking moron to mix up switzerland and sweden.

next you'll tell us that fanfics are fine, yeah?

Its BR's and Slavs upset being left behind in hat fortress and letting us know how they TOTALLY DONT CARE because its not F2P

are you 12?

one can only hope, also
fuck that CAPTCHA

I'm 25, and this is my first time hearing about it as well. what retard can't tell them apart?

there's nothing inherently wrong with fanfiction
it's a good start point for novice writers because it provides a premade universe and characters, allowing them to focus on practicing storytelling and prose
if fanfiction is well written, doesn't destroy existing characters or add shitty OCs (not that OCs are necessarily bad, but they're very easy to fuck up), and tells an enjoyable story, it's literally just a story like any other
it has no place among actual literature since all the worldbuilding and character development were done by someone else, but there's no reason why it can't be an enjoyable experience as its own thing

well said

fucking roleplayer why don't you make up your own ideas and stop obsessing over characters like an autist

Why is she so perfect

Shes Autistic.

yeah fine that's sound reasonable, I guess. have yet to see a good fanfiction, but I guess that in theory one could exist

A scifi author wrote a version of The Thing from the aliens perspective and thats a great short story.

fuck off jasheel

I don't write fanfiction (have read a bit though) and i certainly don't RP. If you like a universe and/or its characters, there's nothing wrong with creating your own story of it as long as you understand that it's fanfiction and it's different from proper writing: a considerably lesser, but not worthless, achievement. And hell, most of my favorite stories used OCs or background characters and developed them well instead of using preexisting characters. One didn't even spend much time in its own universe, but went into the real world.

long, long ago, i was a ponyfag
some of the fics i read were insanely good stories that i still respect regardless of the subject matter

PFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

I own my past, and I'm a better person for it.

That sounds interesting as fuck. What´s the name of the story?

okay buddy, have fun with that

i remember some anons really enjoying this absurd harry potter fanfiction in a thread a week or two back

Sure you are, buddy.

Dude, she can transform light into matter. She probably has figured out by now how to shit in a toilet.

The name is "The Things" which is fucking perfect. clarkesworldmagazine.com/watts_01_10/

I want to have D.va as my gf and have her castrate me.

That´s really nice of you user. Thank you. Here have a mercy.

You have no imagination.

I can live with it. In any case, the whole reason I brought it up in the first place was to illustrate that the fandom produced some insanely good stories that were enjoyable on their own merits, regardless of the fact that they were fanfiction of poneshit.

>can't even redtext
kek

mccree patch notes
dont you just hate inconsistent patch notes?

That´s because they are two different patches. One has buffed McCrees range attack and the other has nerfed it again.

What do you mean? First they increased his damage falloff but also massively increased his effective range. Next patch, they left the increased damage falloff but slightly reduced the effective range.

One expressly says what the distance is, the other just says longer ranges/extreme ranges, which is inconsistent.

Oh, that. Yeah, I'm kind of frustrated at how Blizzard rarely gives hard numbers in game and in patch notes. I'd really like to see "Genji charges forward, dealing 50 damage" instead of just "Genji charges forward, dealing damage." It's literally 3-4 extra characters for each move description, and it would be so fucking helpful.

they dont give us hard numbers for the first note

Sounds like a bunch of nonsense.
You're just making up bullshit and saying 'you're exploring and having fun'. What are you, 6?
You should just make your own book or make characters based off of your own ideas. You're a grown-ass man. Stop obsessing and 'loving' characters and do something sensible.

Ok, i think i understand now. The damage falloff started as far as i know before the patch at 30 meters, now it´s 20m.

BUMPLOCK WHEN?

dont be in such a hurry to grow up

I'm not in a hurry I just don't like acting gay and being weird. You're playing with fucking imaginary characters.

coulda fooled me

And this is bad? I mean, you realize that you´re posting on an imageboard for videogames right now, right?

This is literature, and you have no apparent problem with it.

This is changing one step, and you hate it. ALL storytelling "explores" in the nature that I mentioned in my last post. Using a preexisting character/universe to do it is certainly less impressive than actually writing a fully fleshed-out story, but it's still an accomplishment in its own right. That's why I've said multiple times that fanfiction is NOT on the same level as proper literature and shouldn't be. Still, you've composed a story and potentially developed the characters or universe in creative new ways that the author hasn't addressed. Like I said before, it's especially good for beginning writers so that they can polish their storytelling and prose skills before concerning themselves with character- and world-building.

All writing is playing with imaginary characters. Your favorite character wouldn't be any more real than they are now if you or I had come up with them.

Not that guy, but i used to write about 10K words a week of a fan fiction in vanilla and BC WoW about my hunter/engineer as a batmanesque detective and my experiences on the server (was the hunter leader of a world top 15 guild) . I would also host lore story times based on my reading before raids on Saturday and both the endeavors were pretty popular.

Now I develop stories for my own game company and work in industrial automation, so I wouldn't say the experience was lost on me. It was both a cathartic and learning experience since it forced me to focus on internal consistency to the world I put my character in.

I think trying to use other characters is in bad taste since you will never be able to express the feelings of the original designer, but I think using the worlds is a decent tool since good world building is a nightmarishly long process when most people need to be able to focus on their actual ability to write first and foremost. Ultimately the goal is different for different people, but for someone who really wants to branch off on their own, sometimes the best method is to study and emulate first.

They listen to the SJW's bullshit criticism about "diversifying female body type". So they added the fat chink Mei and the bull-dyke Russian "woman". i have never seen anything SJW-like in blizzard besides sucking up to them.

It's curious the way you put it because you're actually describing 2 different types of videogames.

There are videogames about a pre-existing universe with specific characters including your own that have a role to play out in it. An example is Half Life or Dishonored.
In both of those games, there's already a story that has been written before hand and you're exploring what this character is going about it. Some variations exist (different chaos routes in Dishonored) but the overall story still follows the same rail to which your character reacts as he goes along, as well as you, the player, reacting to the gameplay and the obstacles presented to you.

Then there are videogames where there are no set characters and quite possibly no set goals even. Most MMOs follow this formula, RPGs too or any Sims-clone, even Dwarf Fortress or Minecraft.
In those videogames, the interest of the player is to create their own characters, create the situations they are going to face with the help of the game and then seeing how things unfold there. The fun here comes not from seeing how a narrative unfolds and how your character reacts to it but how you can change the rules or the environment so your caracter reacts in a way that makes for an interesting narrative.

This is a very strange analogy, though… It implies those that enjoy linear gameplay singleplayer games would be perfectly okay with fanfiction as long as it was well written and appealed to them, while those that prefer to create their own worlds, characters and situations would much like entirely new worlds in their fiction or even write them themselves.

I'd get this would be a problem if only ugly landwhales were added to the game and tits&ass was censored, but neither of this happened. I couldn't possibly care who they pander too unless it affects me negatively. If they make an emote for Mercy and Pharah to make out ingame to pander to the lesbian femdom in Tumblr, that wouldn't be problem at all.

Tittymonster, genius scientist, rage inducing Mei. Learn her pronouns :^)
Heavy Lifter Omnic stomper Zarya, inspired in a real woman and an excelent character.

Some people like muscle girls, other's like chubby girls. Blizzard's pandering them as much as they are pandering Tumblr, and we still have Tracer, Symetra, Widow, Mercy, and eventually Sombra for regular Tits&Ass anyway, so who cares?

why should you pick a side when they dont suit you?

are you talking about when people draw her as anything but a landwhale and get screamed at by the fatty brigade or people who complain about dying to her?

Your opinion isn't valid because you're an amoral degenerate that has no foresight.

The truth is extreme, degenerate

Both, actually. The amount of bullshit "debate" she generates on the amount of fat beneath those clothes (lmao at the retards saying they are skin tight) only rivals with the salt she generates when she kills people in the game. I'd even argue she's more rage-inducing than Bastion, since it takes forever to die at her hands but you can't do anything but watch.

Good thing opinions are personal and they don't have to be valid then, right?

The truth is factual, not Xtreme, polarizing faggot.

It matters when you're claiming to know whats right and wrong.

Jesus, these threads really attract the Tumblr of the board, don't they?

But that's not an opinion, that's a fact. Opinions can't be right or wrong, they are just opinions.
For instance, my opinion is that you're a stupid faggot, regardless of your IQ or how many dicks you suck. It's not a fact, just an opinion.

Reminder that this discussion started with some user complaining he can't have lesbians in his videogames anymore because that's "tumblr pandering".
There's nothing here about "right or wrong", just nazi larpers being killjoys because they think lesbians only appeal to tumblr.

Was that really worth screencapping?

Also the game being absolutely nothing like Dota is a good thing. Assfaggots are shit.

It doesn't matter if you agree with tumblr though. You belong with them dead in the ground you degenerate

anything is worth screencapping if its long winded and supports your opinion since arguing on your own behalf takes effort that could be spent jacking off

Top logic. How's those black and white morals working for you? :^)

The game is fine, nothing amazing but not terrible. Both sides are overreacting, the only reason people are getting mad is because "le Holla Forums hates vidya" meme and that it's made by Blizzard.

Because your retardation is the dissolution of a moral society. And nice one misusing a meme retard you didn't even make a pun.

HATE BLIZZARD
HATE NEW GAMES
HATE TRAPS

Either it was too subtle or you are too retarded.

So you're a nigger then?

Don't make me want to fuck gondola

Your head is thiccer than Mei.

blame god

So you don't deny it. Explains why the only thing you can think with is your dick.

Don't deny your feelings

I already do.
Post porn.

I'm not kidding stop, this is seriously confusing my dick.

is this diglett lewds

EMBRACE IT

So none of you retards ever jerk off to lesbian porn?

I have the game and i guess you're right. As long as we get semon demon characters.

Also i hate Mei

We all know Gondola's fate is that of the same of Pepe's.

Enjoy it while it lasts.

so maybe take after gondola a little bit and mellow out if and when

b-b-b-b-but it takes true skill and knowledge of the map to know about those in TF2 user!

Do we have a discord up and some coordinated games?

So how much does Tickrate really matter compared to general latency?

I'm not entirely sure how this shit works. My guess is that the additional time waiting for the next server "tick" is effectively added on to whatever your latency time is when trying to figure out the results of any given action, so instead of 100ms (if that's your ping) you have to wait between 101 and 150 ms (20 ticks per second means 50 ms between each tick). On average that really doesn't sound like something that should make much difference on a public server

id also like someone to explain how low tickrate and high latency interact. it always seems this game favors those with lousy connections, those are my toughest opponents

What's wrong with Discord?

why not just use datcord

Does anybody have a "No Fun Allowed" Edit of this?

I just had a fantastic defense team.

A decent Pharah & Reinhardt, a useless Tracer, a level 6 Widow that could not aim for shit, and a Torbjorn who never built a single level 2 turret.

If he had an ass like widowmaker and a different voice then this meme would have never happened

Better yet, go back.

please explain, the only things I hear is LOL TF2 ASSFAGGOTS ripoff when it's nothing like either games.

Well played user I sensibly chuckled.

Watch someone in the next thread yet again bring up the broken hitboxes that have already been fixed.
Bonus points if like two previous Anons they still consider it a problem through some contrived logic.

Evidence of cancer.

This is not really a revelation, and should not be new information to anyone.

This is true, valve fucked up all the other companies suck a lot too, mnc was a pretty good game that deserved better big deal. You got that right, you got the rest wrong though.

Eventually you overcucks will get tired of our constant intolerance to your cancer, a resolve might I add that you will not break, and you will just leave back to 4chan and reddit where you came from. Alternately you can make a board elsewhere on Holla Forums for you cancer to fester like /homosuck/, /pone/, /furry/, /cuteboys/, Holla Forums, /abdl/, /underground/, /undertale/, /mtt/, Holla Forums, Holla Forums (also daily reminder of how much cancer we are surrounded by).
We absolutely do not want you to stop playing the game, honestly I speak for all of us when I say we would prefer if you actually played the game instead of being here, and making posting in these threads, the damage is already done you people have already returned the investment on another cancer on the video game industry, you helped grow and enforce this cancer in the game industry and we will not allow you to comfortably grow this cancer on the last place we have, we are going to make it painful for you.

We want you to leave, we don't give a shit if you play or like this shitty game, we don't care that you have shit taste, we don't care if you ignore the arguments as to why this game is bad, we don't care that you eat plates of shit and argue that because you like it, its good and not feces, we don't care that you like meme like an emotionally stunted child reposting 4chan, twitter, reddit and other social media normal fag content, we dont care about your waifus, or your greentext blog posts. We dont care.
WE
WANT
YOU
TO
LEAVE

I have made my point. Good bye.

Nah, I'm good, its not worth my time, not yet at least, I am personally tired of repeating the same shit how ever valid it may be and over again only for it to be ignored or deemed completely invalid just because by the overcuck reddit/4channers that inhabit this thread, you purposefully ignore arguments against your game labeling them "tldr" or "sperg out" or telling the poster to "get a life" cause you are all cancerous normalfag casuals that consistently prove you have simple minds, plus I am working on something that will make it so you people can no longer exist. I would tell you to keep an eye out for it but I know this is the only thread you cancers go to on this shitty as website/board.

Nah.

Just because a dev says something is fixed doesn't mean something is fixed, the hit boxes are still broken, the tick rate is still abysmal, the max fov is way to low, the game performance is terrible the entire trash game is poorly optimized, the game is not balanced, the maps are not balanced, its not fun, its userbase is reddit/4chan normalfag cancer (that includes you guys).

Oh, I am laughing alright. Watching a bunch of cucks eat shitcum fried garbage is absolutely hilarious.

Fun fact: this will never work, never. Under no circumstances will Holla Forums ever be a hugbox. Go into any thread and you almost certainly will see hundreds of people consecuitivly arguing and the most trivial things. Removing cancer is not creating a hugbox. Nice try though. I also like how the guide that was floating around on how to subvert Holla Forums contained this exact argument. It makes me smile, it said something like "justify your cancer by arguing you have a right to be there or else the board you are on is a safe space." Great job parroting a low effort meme phrase non argument.

Like fucking clockwork. Maybe people would actually take you seriously if the most braindead nigger from Detroit wasn't even half as retarded as you are.

wew lad.

Well shit, that just sounds like fun.

Well jesus, you make it sound like you haven't had fun since you were. I'm honestly kind of worried about you, user.

I just had one these in Volskaya Industries. Got a quintuple kill too bad I didn't save it.

why are you not posting meka glloblin

This thread nears its end, now its not the time for nacho gobbo, that comes later.

And you're the one laughing? Are you sure?

umm, winston is a respectable and accomplished scientist

He's also adopted.

Well I got my gold weapon for Mercy. Wonder if they will do anything different for the next season.

probably dildo weapons

can someone please explain me why anyone would pick widowmaker on lijiang, especially the dojo point where widowmakers set up in an area where they will never cover the point?

not saying snipers are a boon there, but its very annoying when my team cant control that half of the map since it offers you 2 more angles of attack and the opportunity to hit people from spawn

You gotta go back man.

There are some good spots there for her, just gotta look for them. She will have extra problems with flankers, so it forces her to be even more mobile, though. Hanzo is a better choice for that role.

Did you seriously popped in a thread about to falloff the catalog just to complain about that shit without reading absolutely nothing else in the thread?
How did you even find this thread?

its the threads in the middle that get ignored, people often zip to the bottom to see if anything is worth reviving for conversation or to annoy people

i'm a little skeptical of these, but thank you nevertheless. none of the widowmaker players had answered the same question far despite trying my damnedest to make it not seem like i'm calling them out for being really trash.

oh you have good reason to be skeptical, if youre going to make windows on that map she should be prepared to take some less safe positions.
im just saying how enemy snipers have fucked me over, but that just means we werent able to win with the enemy nearly down a man