GOOD games on PC

I'm bored and need something good to play on my computer, so let's have a PC thread. Post good games (prefferably ones that aren't known by everyone on this board).

I'll start with something simple as a warm up, will drop some obscure pieces if the thread goes well.

Other urls found in this thread:

rg-mechanics.net/games/pc_torrent_download/3d/vor_trilogija_thief_trilogy_1998_2004_pc_124_repack_ot_r_g_mekhaniki/3-1-0-158
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Obligatory

time for a thread where we talk about old games only I guess. thief is pretty good.

this game is boring as fuck

OK faggot; I'll give you Tale of Wuxia, Siege of Avalon and Legends of Eisenwald.
Your move.

ayy

I give you Geneforge (the series), and Avernum (not as good as Geneforge, but still pretty solid). Your move.

Gothic is godlike.

That's why it's in the GOOD games thread, ya git. Now post some games

Free Cities is pretty amusing, but I'm 98% sure everyone is aware of it.
Evil Genius/Dungeon Keeper are great, but again, they're well known.
Defcon was good fun, playing with Holla Forums way back in the cuckchan days.
I'll think about it while I make some bread and come back in a while.

Bitch, please.
Try Drakensang, Anvil of Dawn and Inindo. Also Grotesque Tactics series, Conquistador: Expeditions and Spellforce for weird but generally fun experience.

Damn, first time I've seen that mentioned on Holla Forums. It has some really nice music and atmosphere. Incredibly comfy IMO

You can shit on Avadon (and even Avernum) all you want, faggot, but Geneforge was an amazing series for a number of reasons (multiple exclusive factions, + ability to not join any, multiple resolutions to quests, good difficulty, ability to conjure your own personal army, ability to "cheat" by getting green goop for instant stat reward (penalised by getting worse ending), multiple endings, side quests playing role in endings, good lore, good dialogues, etc. etc. etc.)

Spellforce was pretty good. Shame how shit the sequel was.

Now, my turn:
Eador had plenty of flaws, but also plenty of positives. It's a pretty fun change of formula, which is the only reason I post it.

Original War, on the other hand, is god tier.

Deus Ex

I didn't know about Evil Genius. Thanks. Have rabbits as a reward

Nah user, it's only rare on neo/v/

I split them from the first three for a reason, faggot.

OK, you're not completely irredeemable.
Have Dark Colony, Knights of Honor, Children of the Nile, Lords of the Realm, Legend of Sherwood and Space Rangers.

Akte Europa, Earth 2150, Gangsters 1 and 2, Giants: Citizen Kabuto, Historyline 1914-1918, KKND2, MechCommander, Metal Fatigue, Populous 3, Simtower :^), Starship Troopers: Terran Ascendancy, Sudden Strike, StarWars Force Commander well…, Theme Hospital, Warzone 2100, Z

>Nah user, it's only rare on neo/v/
Guess I'm not here often enough, then.

(checked)
My backlog is growing and I like that.

Have Wesnoth, Uplink, and MDK2

This is basically a better version of a certain game we all know and fucking despise.
And old DOOM and DOOM 2 can probably be found for free.

You gonna go EYE next? How about Arcanum? Maybe even Fallout 4 :^)?
Have Kohan, Heroes of Annihilated Empires, King Arthur the roleplaying wargame, Dark Omen, Dark Colony and be off with your shit taste.

how can you hate a game you never played?

Obligatory stuff.

Soon.

Maybe 15 years ago, but sure as hell not now. Also, last time I played King Arthur, it was an unoptimised, bug-ridden shitshow. Did it finally get patched?

Nitronic Rush is great if you want speed and thrill. The sequel is okay too, but Nitronic Rush is free.

GTA Online is an amazing dress up game.

Civ 4 - Realism Invictus mod or Pies Ancient Europe mod

Colonization 4 - Religion and Revolution mod

Arma 2/3 - Cold War Rearmed mod for Singleplayer, ACE 2 mod for Multiplayer. For Arma 3 just vanilla 3 or if you like Project Reality, TacBF.

Paradox Strategy Games - I've enjoyed most of them, so take your pick.

Total War Series - Kinda fun, can get boring easy because the AI is so incompetent though. Play AGAINST a friend for maximum enjoyment, none of that coop shit.

Men of War series - Assault Squad 2 for multiplayer, though you could always pirate the other games and play LAN through Goyranger or some sort of tunnel network program.

Now getting into the more obscure titles that I figure won't be mentioned in this thread otherwise.

Rule the Waves - A small game, big fun. Play as a nation at the turn of the 20th century and control your nation's naval policy up till the 50s. Design and build boats of just about any class, with every engagement being a roll of the dice, countless hours of fun if you're at all interested in Naval warfare.

Jagged Alliance 2 - 1.13 "Patch" A community made super mod that basically turns the old game into something it always wanted to be.

Killing Floor - There's still some servers that are fun with good mods. Though the original game is worth a whirl if you haven't played it already. Mods include cute touhou and neptunia player models.

Sven Coop - Autism simulator 5.4, Holla Forums still has a serb up and this game has its moments still. Sometimes the fags over there use the game as an oversized chatroom and organize other games to play, you can join in if you're not a faggot.

IL-2 Sturmovik 1946 - A flight combat simulator with the most content available for any flight sim. Fly with biplanes from the first world war, or Jets from the Korean era, pit them up against eachother for the lulz. If you want to play a multiplayer version, go for IL-2 Cliffs of Dover. It has significantly less content, but its detailed as fuck and fun as fuck online.

Close Combat - Old series that's still being rehashed by Matrix Games or some other goy company. Fun RTS game with a strict top-down view and charming Sprite graphics.

Combat Mission - I don't play much of the new versions because I was so turned off by Shock Force, but the old Barbarossa to Berlin or Afrika Korps or Operation Overlord are some fucking stellar games. Get a friend to play that with you and be prepared for some of the most equally fascinating and frustrating gameplay. (Frustrating because you're a shit leader and didn't give your platoon arty cover, now they're caught out in the open with over 50% casualties.)

Yeah, they got rid of the shitshow part :^)

Fuck off and play Fall from Heaven modmods. Maybe even Dune or Planetfall.

Just fuck off.

What a disgusting mutilation of a good game. I'd rather play Simpsons DOOM, than that, any day.

Todd pls go.

surprised pic related hasnt been mentioned

if you like stealth games try pic 3, its very good and cheap

if you want online dressup pic 4 is still the king

Age of Mythology

Baldur's Gate 2

Black & White

Commandos II

Beneath a Steel Sky

Crusader - No Regret

Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis

Knights of Xentar

Princess Maker 2

Sam & Max Hit the Road

Euro Truck Simulator 2

EYE - Divine Cybermancy

Fallout 2

Freelancer

Jagged Alliance 2

Legend of Grimrock I & II

Mafia

MechWarrior games

Total War games

Warband

old Need for Speed games

Planescape Torment

Alpha Centauri

STALKER games

Stranger of Sword City

SWAT 3 & 4

Terraria

Longest Journey

Typing of the Dead

Unteralterbach

Paradox GS games

X3 games

be careful OP, EYE isnt actually that good, its very clunky

Styx is the best stealth game since Thief 2. Can't wait for the sequel. When is that coming out?

I'll just go wit da standardzzz.

If you haven't payed these games you simply aren't a true PC gamer. [spoiler] At least not a hardcore one XP /[spoiler]

Id figured I would givz yas a little taste of all the good genres of gamez, turn you from a PC nub to a PC MASTER RACE. LOL. I think I choose the best if not 10/10 than 9.99999999999999/10 game from their categories, yes that is actually my scientific measurement, dont you question my methods I IZ DA SCIENTISTSZZZ when it come to da good games.

Portal 2.
Who hasn't heard of this game, like seriously ? Ok no like if you don't know about this game then Im gunza call ya Patrick Star because your been living under a ROCK. This gamez has wons like a BAJILLLION awards, its sold like a QUADRIOLLION BAJIOLLION copies, oh and did I mention its like 20 dollas. Ummmm game that you can play for 100+ hourwazz and its 20 dolleeredoos ? Sign me up, not one of these greedy ficker companies that try to make buy the DLC BEFORE DA GAMEZ IS OUT BOOOOOO EWWWW :) This game makez you thinks, someimtes it made my headie hurtzzzz LOL but i gotz over it and won da game.

Skyrim.
Ok, if you claim to be a computah nerdzz and you never heard the line "I used to be an adventurer, but I took an arrow to the knee", DELETE YOUR ACCOUNT. XDDD not really, im just kidding, I not being a meany, But seriously this game is one of DA BEST games I ever played. I didnt really know much about the RPGz, till i play dis game and OMG WOWZERSSS, this game knock my socks offf, and replace them with Daedric Boots enchanted of courze :0 If you dont buy dis game, im going to FUS RO DAHHHHH you off a cliff >.< not really do dat would be illegal ;) you can tortes trust me, i wouldn't do dats,

p.s. yes i wouldssss

so many hours
so much money wasted
I miss it but my account got banned for "hacking" 500$ down the drain

Stronghold
Majesty
Heroes of Might and Magic series
Unreal World
Fast Food Tycoon 2
Zoo Tycoon
Age of Empires 2
Diablo 2
Dominions 4
Warcraft 2
Warcraft 3
Elona+

Why would you make a post like this in a thread that actually has some quality posting in it?

this year apparently

i only put in like $100 but like 3000 hours so yeah

apart from one 'famous' case (same guy several times in fact), everyone who i knew who got banned (and this was playing at the highest level) turned out to actually be cheating, even after several years

After 3 years the customer support never answered me so I kinda gave up on it and moved on to other vidya but once in a while I have the loading sounds playing in my head and I remember all the nights and days playing APB

Gets a little repetitive but it's one of the best western games out there. The way they tell the story feels unique and is pretty fun. Guns also feel like they have some weight when shooting.

Fucking dropped

pic? What's pic?

There was this game, I can't remember the name of it, but it was normal sized humans with guns and jetpacks and shit vs giant ape-like monsters. Both sides were played by actual players.
Anyone know what I'm talking about?

What genre? If shooter, then you might be thinking of Giants: Citizen Kabuto

That's some good taste.

Are you excited for Aquanox 3?

Gothic 2

It had retarded gameplay. You were better off staying in hero control mode for the whole mission and not founding your RTS base at all. That way you avoided infinitely spawning enemies trying to zerg rush your base.

With or without berserk?

Anyone have a magnet/link for Mafia?

Try Power Dolls too.

My Nigger

Anyway. First two are both very well known but I rarely see them show up on 'best of' or 'must play' lists for some fucking reason. I suspect they just haven't been played by faggots trying the classics and it becomes a self re-enforcing thing.

Second two take time to get going (they'll seem extremely simple/aged badly at first) but once the training period ends you'll get some properly tough missions. Only pussies don't restart from checkpoint every time a man goes down. Third game in the BiA series was a let down but probably worth trying once.

I had a dream that one day all retards will play exclusively on cellphones and this console cancer will die. And only really hardcore games will be made for PC.

Hitman 2. People will tell you that blood money is better, but that's totally wrong. H2 focuses more on stealth and has better level designs.

Seriously, guys?

I still can't find a good Thief trilogy collection that has all the latest patches and fixes.

For a board that loves Thief, it sure doesn't give us any torrents or links.

I've only found rg-mechanics.net/games/pc_torrent_download/3d/vor_trilogija_thief_trilogy_1998_2004_pc_124_repack_ot_r_g_mekhaniki/3-1-0-158

But I don't know if it's legit or not.

AYO, HOL UP

Wait a second, are you suggesting that..

Here's everything you need to get started
Have fun OP

That's a history of vidya, not a recommendation list. Hell it has fucking Spore and Fallout 3 on it and that's just from a quick glance at one year.

(checked)

I'd say it works quite well as a recommendation list from the different years

Well it isn't bad if you want to experience the big names from each year sure. I get that the list had to be semi-objective and go with popularity over quality but there are some terrible, terrible games on there (Bioshock Infinite, for example).

Well, the stuff pre ~2003 is full of good shit and pre ~2009 there's still a bunch of good stuff and after that there are a few good titles.

So the pre ~2003 stuff is almost entirely recommendable, although most of it is well known.

Undertale isn't really that good. I enjoyed it, but it's really hardly above mediocre in most areas.

The music is great, and the use of Leitmotiv is very well-done.
Some of the art is charming, but most of it is bad to mediocre.
The gameplay has potential, but was only really fleshed out on a 3 or 4 total bosses. The rest of the game was painfully easy, even on fun-ish fights like Muffet.
The puzzles were absolute shit. Not one good puzzle in the entire game.
The story was pretty bland, standard "two worlds, one family" shit, complete with the well-intentioned bad guy who had been hurt in the past. Not to mention that with a standard playthrough, pretty much the entire story is force-fed to you at the beginning and end of the game, with the middle just being a big "go here, now go here, now go here" relay, when a good story-driven game gives you the story as you play. Instead this one literally gives you a little of the backstory at the beginning, then feeds you almost the entire rest at the end with literal monologues.
The save fuckery was the whole saving grace of the game. The way that the branches and changes actually make some sort of difference in the story was special, and that the game remembers some stuff from previous playthroughs and unsaved restarts (though other than the Toriel death thing at the beginning, it really doesn't take advantage of that much, which is a disappointment).
Insisting on keeping Frisk gender-neutral so the player can self-insert would have been a fine idea if it hadn't been ruined at the end with Toriel literally saying something like "Frisk can do what they want", which makes no sense talking about somebody you know. This was sloppy, and could have been phrased differently to not come off so clumsy-sounding, like "Frisk, you can do what you want".
As much as the supporters refuse to accept, the game does get a little preachy in parts. I get the point, the whole idea is that Chara is supposed to represent the character you would use for other games and other RPGs, and Chara usually just kills everything in every encounter in other RPGs. The idea is that Chara is partially a representation of yourself as you normally play a video game, kind of poking fun at video game logic, which is why you are supposed to name Chara after yourself. This would have worked better if Toby hadn't also given Chara a different backstory and personality related to Asrael, breaking the idea that Chara came into this world when you created him at the beginning. It's a cool idea, but broken in Undertale.

So it had great music and the save fuckery was cool, and every other aspect was mediocre to bad. I enjoyed the game, but I wouldn't really call it "good".

Fair enough.

Nobody knows this game because it never got an english translation, but slavanons might appreciate the suggestion. Basically, it's a Fallout-like (meaning the original fallouts) game set in a fantasy world based on russian folklore. The game didn't get too successful due to harsh criticism calling it "too hard". Having played through it multiple times when I was little, I can say that it was just a case of gitting gud and accepting that your newly created character is going to get his ass ripped by everything, and needs to actually run away sometimes (a revolutionary concept, I know). If you see this game anywhere, physical or digital, be sure to grab it.

Sounds like a mediocre game with some clever gimmicks.

Whoever scribbled on this is a vidya hipster. You can tell because they only scribbled on popular new games. As if all old games were good.

F3 and Spore can be fun. Doesn't mean they're high quality vidya, because you can still have a good time playing them. Spore in particular is much better if you go in without knowing all the shit they promised, and just enjoy it for what it is.

That's exactly what it is, Satan.

The music is truly grand, though.

El matador is a max payne 2 clone that takes place in Colombia. It has bullet time too. The story is simple and isn't as dark as MP2.

Toca 3 racing has a ton of different types of vehicles and races to chose from. It's leans heavily on the simulation side and can be a be daunting at first.

Collin Macrae Rally 2005. Many cars from different era's and different types. Car customization is not as extensive as Toca 3's, but you will need to play around with it to do your best in races.

The stalin subway feels like an old school shooter that was released in the mid 2000's. The weapon variety is good and balanced so they are all useful. Levels range from being good to decent. It's very hard on hard mode so playing on normal might be better as you take less damage.

Don't buy the sequel though (Red Tide). It's fucking terrible all around. It might just be worth buying for the hilariously bad VA though.

Any charts for RPGs? All sub-genres are ok with me

An older one

Pathologic , no further explanation needed

though i'm not too sure about the remake ,something feels off