.meld

.meld - FPS with character customization

Age determines strength vs agility

Sex determines mana vs gun handling

Should I let lolis handle big guns? Seems like an obvious disbalance, considering their increased speed and magic capacity.

I'm considering implementing E.Y.E.- like inventory system with weight, but I'm not sure.

What do, Holla Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

gnu.org/philosophy/free-sw.en.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Try making a prototype and demo first, faggot

Could you offset their balance with guns in some other way(s) like less accuracy, higher recoil, limited ammo, cute decals, etc?

When it comes to character/stat customisation the way I always like it is when you can do whatever mix you want, but that doesnt necessarily mean its going to work or be easy to get away with.

I'm not here to show off, that comes later

I'm doing movement coding right now, in particular trying to recreate bhop in UE. To get myself by during this phase (its boring as fuck m8) I'm adding tweaks to my concept sheet and trying to foresee possible pitfalls.

So just relax and offer advice.

It's not just lolishit. You can adjust your character to be a dude. Granted, you'll be slower and more gun-oriented.

I can't say shit until I see the thing for myself, mate.
I don't even know what the fuck this game is.
HOW, YOU'VE BARELY SAID ANYTHING ABOUT YOUR GAME

well, keep in mind that lolis and shotas have shorter arms than adults, thatll make handling big guns more difficult

If that gun had a single round go through it all those gems would fly off like trees in a tornado.

Is there a slider between sexes to control this more tightly?

so let me get this straight: if I play as a 90-year-old man i'll be strong enough to throw cars, but slower than a tortoise?
also EYE a shit

And for some poor sucker thats the last thing they'd ever see.

yeah because I can bench more than a 7 year old girl, but by god those little fuckers just keep setting new olympic records in the 100m dash.

You're a retard op.

Probably not considering girls can't aim for shit.

that would be fucking hilarious

this tbh fam

thats a problem

but, WHAT IF
the lolis and shotas were actually
FAIRIES

I considered higher recoil at first, but that just seems like an anti-fun mechanic. Then I considered recoil patterns a-la CS:GO, making them broader for lolis, but I ultimately decided against it, for two reasons:

- Comes off as plagiarism

- Doesn't work very well in a heavily movement-oriented game, for example you won't be able to bhop and control your spray at the same time

I suppose just adding more movement inaccuracy would push for using lighter, semi-automatic weapons.

I described enough of the mechanic for people to judge. I was also expecting people to pop in from the previous thread.

There's only two sexes, Moishe.

Age will have a cap I don't like modelling old people and also nobody would pick them other than for the memes

I don't think EYE is a perfect game but it has a few mechanics that I really like.

saved for reference. I'm still struggling between balancing realism vs lewd when it comes to lolis.

Too much realism and they will be boring. Too much lewd and normalfags will flip.

Keep your ideaguy shit in the agdg thread

I don't think I like where this could go

No need for accuracy; just shoot more bullets.

Rather asinine a point to be making as far as game logic is concerned, dont you think?

an archive would be nice.

Spoken like a true woman.

I'm not offering ideas, I'm taking in ideas.

Also /agdg/ is slow as fuck

More like restricting cosmetics to gameplay. You'd be able to tell what to expect from a team of players simply by looking at their team.

It wasn't much gameplay, I was asking people to post lolis for reference in the first one, fantastical guns in the second one, and lolis with gloves in /loli/ for the third one.

This is the first one that's heavily about gameplay.

that's stupid, lots of games (not just FPSs) borrow or outright copy basic mechanics from each other. such as bunnyhopping, which you're copying already, so why not go for recoil patterns too?

you kidding? I would play the fuck out of this if I could run around as a wrinkly old guy pushing people's shit in.

normalfags can go fuck themselves tbh fam. you shouldn't pander to them or your game will turn into a shitpile.

agdg is for real devs, not nodev faggots like OP

yeah, generally speaking that's bad game design.

thread, not board

that might work on some level. like in a class-based shooter.

Also, OP, iff you decide to scale damage with age, please make it exponentially

The problem is that only CS:GO utilized it that heavily. Bhop was a thing in countless amount of games.

I will heavily consider it, then. How old do you think should be the cap?

And lastly, I still have to keep the game in the realm of normality for it not to be completely shunned. You gotta understand where I'm coming from there, dude.

user, that's not going to end well and you know it

Will bust and ass sliders affect your stats?
If the player models cast shadows or have visible limbs from the first-person perspective you'll already have an edge over most modern FPSes.

Casters so far have a variety of of possible builds. On paper, of course.

I want casters to be a go-to for a Quake 3 playstyle, be it "rocketboosting" with spells or "railgunning" people midair. It's all a pretty difficult balance, though. Also, casting is mainly support, be it for yourself or others, not as much of a weapon.

Bust and ass would be a "body build" slider, and logically would turn lolis into shortstacks and blah blah blah but…

I did think of the idea. I really did, and it's an obvious third option, but there's three issues:

1) Models and having to deal with stretching

2) adjusting cosmetics based on build

3) complicated balancing. How do I compensate for the larger hitbox? It's already an issue with tiny ass lolis.

I might. I just might, I don't know. My ambitiousness makes me want to do it, but the realist inside me says no. It's a gargantuan amount of work since it's adding a third dimension to virtually all movement/combat capacity based stats.

Anyhow, keep posting ideas. I'm writing this shit down for further digestion into something salvageable.

I never said anything of builds or spell variety OP. Are you avoiding what I said or something?

Okay let me answer this differently

Have you given an adult woman or a shota any consideration?

Yes, but I'd be restricted by the decreased gun handling on the woman and the smaller mana pool on the shota. And even then, I couldn't be a loli if I wanted to be anything other than a fragile caster, and I couldn't be a man if I wanted anything other than a bulky shooter

Are you a nigger or something?
Asses smell fucking terrible.

Okay, now that one thing user said about body builds doesn't sound nearly as impossible if I stick it on the same stats.

user, I feel sorry for you if you dated an unhygienic girl before, but if a girl takes a shower twice a day like she should, it's absolutely fine. Asses are great.

That's not really a solution pal, it's still gameplay being restricted by cosmetic decisions. You are actually taking away the player's freedom to make their own customized character by forcing build standards if they want to play the way they want to

Those are cosmetics restricted by gameplay, not the other way around, m8.

"freedom" for lolis to run around with heavy assault rifles while having tiny hitboxes would be nothing but bad game design.

Remember net builds in DS? One would assign x number of points in each stat to achieve the "perfect" build for pvp or pve. It would be the same here, people will find the build that's "better" for shooters and casters and they'll roll with it, making it a shitfest of people using the same fucking character.
And even then, if you're going to shill your game as "fps with character customization" and then impose such restrictions to it, then I wager quite a bit of people will feel ripped off.
The hitboxes can be worked around, either by shamelessly keeping them the way they are, or adapting the shooting mechanic.

that's the part where the beauty of current year shines through, and I can lurk forums and plebbit and implement balance tweaks dependent on that.

Good but that doesn't really address the main issue

Which is what? If one is to make all builds equivalently viable based on one's playstyle the problem is no longer there.

Elaborate, famalam.

I'm not talking about balancing the builds, I'm talking about being forced into a playstyle if you want your character to look like something, and viceversa. Have you being paying attention?

Oh, I don't mind ass. I just don't want to stick my fucking face in one.

Are you mixing reality with 2D again?

user, well what do you want me to do? Let lolis use fucking LMG? It would look dumb as hell and fuck up the balance

I don't know, you're the one making the game. I don't even have faith in it's release, I'm just trying to help you by telling you what I think will happen.
That's not necessarily a bad thing
All in all, either find a way to make the relation between cosmetic customization and gameplay more lenient, or don't shill the game with "character customization" being it's main feature.

The main feature thus far is the casting system, which I'm still working on. I'm simply polishing other concepts while doing boring code.

Smells like shit taste to me.

yeah just make "classes" of adult man, adult woman, loli and shota.

and make the latter two fairies, it would explain why the "children" can compete with adult humans

Fooled me there
If you want your game to be well received, you should be mindful where and how you tread. Be prepared for people complaining about the customization restrictions if you don't wish to fix that

Loli is the superior form of waifu, you degenerate.
They personify everything that is pure and righteous.

Shotas and cute christmas cakes need to have top mana because of their incredible sexual energy

Shitpiece faggot makes a good point. A class system could be a solution to this predicament

But user, the fact that children have more magical energy already solves the problem.

I like shotas a-la Po-Ju, too. We'll see.

You could just make it so bigger guns have bigger speed penalties, even more so for lolis

makes sense. Should've been more obvious

OP get your shit together you shota loving fag

So you must prefer the taste of dick

I prefer tits, actually.
Also
Looks like you're the one with shit taste, mate.

>not the taste of breast milk
user………………….

And it looks like you prefer the taste of literal fucking garbage.

On the body building mechanics and even the old people thing.
Try to get it running first.

Although I personally would buy anything that has saints row level of customization, I fucking love that shit.

Uh, I think I mixed shit up there. I have brain damage, thats my excuse.

user please

I did it entirely for you.

Of course, enjoying dicks is shit taste unless you're a woman.
Oppai loli is shit taste too even though breast milk is great.

Just go milf and stop indulging in such degeneracy

I can't believe people are still bumping a thread for a nonexistent game that OP made up.

Dont you like throwing game ideas around

I can't believe you can't just kill yourself, user

Not when it's focused on one ideaguy's pet project

It's an excuse to discuss body preferences.

Fixed

Call me when you release the game and I pirate it and it's mediocre at best.

He doesn't even have a working prototype and never will

user, just because you can't draw, model, program, or compose music doesn't mean that there aren't people that can do all of those things at once.

Please fuck off, man. You're really shitting up the general excitement people might have for the idea, myself included. I have to get inspiration and motivation somewhere, you know.

Leave your number

Are you implying you can OP?

well then maybe check my dubs

I wouldn't be trying to make a vidya otherwise, user.

The REAL question is if user can do it WELL

Every idea for a videogame that an user might get does not deserve its own thread. Your pretensions are not a substitute for an actual videogame.

So hijack this thread into ideafaggotry?

The difference between this and a general ideaguy thread is that I'm not proposing ideas, I'm listening to them and taking notes.

You don't even need to. The general purpose of this thread is to collect ideas from different people.

My standards outweigh my skill, which means that I redo the same thing 2-3 times until I get it right. Does that give you an idea?

OP's central mechanic doesn't really suit a traditional multiplayer shooter anyways, although it might be fine for co-op games.

Some proof would be nice, try to show us a bit of your talent before continuing the idea thread, it would gather a bigger following and less shitposting

Bad idea shit taste

slingshots and bbguns for starters?

Make it so the recoil makes them stop in place while firing. Also, you better let me slap dumb shit on my gun too.

You have proposed many ideas though. And where's the evidence that you've even begun to implement a single one of them?

What's the point of having character customization in a FIRST PERSON shooter, anyways?

you can see your enemies

Whats your obsession with "proof"? As I said, I'm still working out movement until it feels just right. During the breaks I'm modelling and rigging placeholder weapons.

I could show you a low-poly unskinned shotgun, I could show you a snippet of the movement code, what would that accomplish?

If anything, knowing how people on here are you'd just take a shit on it and move on. I don't want to present jack on here, not until it's at least 50% done. I'm sure I don't need to tell you why.

It shows us that the one we are helping isn't a total phony, that's why we need proof. Anyone can ask for ideas for a game, including anons who are piss poor at everything relating to vidya development. Showing proof of your capabilities will ease anons into helping you, since they know you actually have the talent to pull this shit off. And if you're going to assume and make excuses you can go to plebbit, you'll get a more mindless and receptive audience there

Well, user, I have a fragile ego. I'm not going be showing off the game itself until I have a playable prototype.

Once that is done, feel free to check it out, as I'm going to be making a thread with a link on here. Otherwise, nobody is holding you here by force.

you can like hide the thread and fuck off man. i am sure your original ideas will be appreciated elsewhere

I am here of my own volition, and I told you I didn't have much faith in the game, but I have no problem in helping out with opinions and observations. You are a phony until proven otherwise, but me and some anons will give you the benefit of the doubt and go along. Most anons won't though, so you cannot expect people to get behind you without any proof, and you can expect people shitposting your thread for the lack of it too. That said, if you keep it up and manage to come up with a working prototype, you'll see how it'll become more serious and how you get more quality help.
The key is to man up and not give up even in the face of adversity, even under the mockery and hate of anons. If you manage that, you could be on to something grand in the future. So it's all up to you fam, good luck.

Because from your posts I doubt you have even a vague concept of what making an FPS entails. Furthermore, theres a thread specifically for aspiring game devs so the board isnt laden down with a thread for every random anons dream game. Many in that thread actually have working examples of their ideas, that you think your idea deserves its own thread when you cant even show evidence that it might ever come to fruition is insulting.

At the moment, I run solely on ego and perfectionism. Compromising either one will be crippling. I'm getting pills on Friday though, which will enable me not to do that

Number one, stop acting like you matter. Offense is taken, not given.

Number two, elaborate on what exactly made you think that in the posts that I've made.

Stop acting like you and your nonexistant videogame matter

When did I ever do that? I made a thread explaining what it entails and asked for relevant ideas.

You're the one raising up a stink, m8

Make a race slider and make mixed mediocre at everything and inherit the worst traits from the bottom of the slider.

Trigger all the lefties.

By not containing it to the designated thread for these things, you imply it matters more than anyone else who does similar work on this board. I will be reposting your OP in a few months so we can laugh about how you never came back with evidence of a game.

Then steel yourself, it's a bumpy ride

OP, it sounds like you're far more interested in making a game about lolis than figuring out a way to design functional features.

What's wrong with making a game about lolis?

First he has to make the game.

Made me smile, user. I wish doing that didn't mean artistic suicide.

No, it means that I didn't bother to check if there is a thread like that, and just made my own.

Stop playing offense olympics, what are you, a fucking woman?

Hey, so far so good. UE is surprisingly easy to use.

The most frustrating issue I had so far was trying to marry Blender with UE, seems like they don't really like each other very much and some tweaking was required. It's working fine now, though.

Nah, user, lolis only came as an afterthought after I wanted to allow people to go fast and use magic to be able to perform Quake-style movements, while still allowing others to apply their CS-learned twitch shooter skills.

OP I wanted to wish you luck, but I can assure you: your pretensions and pompous attitude will sabotage your efforts. And keep your shit in the correct thread you insufferable newfig.

I remember some user having the exact same problem with Blender and UE. He was trying to mod 2hu into Unreal Tournament. He did manage though.
Also

will it be satisfy the four freedoms? gnu.org/philosophy/free-sw.en.html

If you're serious about making a game, I hope this is a waste of breath but please don't fuck up the bare essentials

It better

You can't use the excuse "this thread isn't about my game" now, huh faggot? You're such a fucking hack. If you're so confident in your art, why don't you show us some concept art? Maybe a design doc? You should have that shit down from day 1 before even working on your game. Obviously a prototype would be the best thing but clearly you can't fucking deliver that. I'm so sick of seeing these fucking attentionwhoring avatarfag threads, but luckily for me you're doing a good enough job at turning anyone interested in your game against you by continuing to make these shitty threads with no real progress. I don't care if /agdg/ is too slow for you, because the devs there are actually getting shit done instead of fucking focus testing a half-baked idea for a game. They don't want nodevs though, so I guess you should just keep making your shitty self-centered topics!

Just fucking show SOMETHING, you've already made 3 threads on this shit in the past 2 weeks.

>>>/ideaguy/

let it go man, you re embarrasing yourself, go and sage the overwatch general or something, there are worse things to be salty about

Time to go back.

oh god muh dick

Lolis are light

so build a shootan based around recoil based movement

Cheating

Cheating (Also I have to pay 19.99$ to access the UE source code myself, so why do that?)

Piracy (not like I can stop it, and I do it myself all the time so I'm not going to try to stop it)

Cheating

In short, if I was making a singleplayer game, then sure. Otherwise, why the fuck would I do that, user?

Why the fuck would anybody not do those things, unless they were just lazy? I'm making a PC game, not a console game.

wew lads, the thread is already on 100 post mark, just go sage some actual cancer.

The only people ever complaining about newfags are newfags, user. C'mon now.

Alright, okay, good point.

It's an idea I've given thought to, but haven't really considered it too much, given that it would impair horizontal movement to the point where it stops being a mechanic and becomes a plain annoyance.

Got any ideas for it other than TF2 Scout-type recoil jump?

Drop this mechanic entirely, it's dumb. At most you could give lolis less health to compensate for smaller hitboxes, but don't lock them into a particular character build like that.

Because you respect the users' freedom, you dumb fuck.
Cheating can perfectly be prevented in a Free game, if you don't know how, maybe you should pursue a career in Business or Education instead of burdening the tech community with your incompetence.

The Quake series is open source and there's a bunch of libre shooters out there.
He's talking about the source code you nigger, not the assets.

I don't understand
FPS is guns
Agility and strength doesn't matter for guns because the strength you need is to press a trigger down.
I need like a full idea sheet here and you have some bare ass bones. What I honestly want is a sort of character action game with a bolt gun or some kind of heavy gun as a primary and a big holy blade as a secondary, big heavy armor, and you just go around tearing shit up

Can you give me an argument as to why not?

user, let's be honest here. I'm not going to pretend to be a good guy.

I love videogames. It's the biggest passion I've ever had since I was 7 years old. That's why I'm making this game.

Do I respect users' "freedom"? No. Freedom is a metaphysical concept. Technically you're free to do anything you want at any given point in time.

Do I respect "ethics"? No. It's, again, a metaphysical concept. If I believed in ethics and morals I'd be browsing plebbit.

Users are free to crack my software. I cannot stop them from that. Users can pirate my software. I cannot stop them from that.

And it's fair game. I'm not going to give two shits if you do that, since I don't believe in "rights", including my "right" to sell this game and not have it pirated.

Am I going to just offer access to the way it works for the sake of the idea? Fuck no.

That'd be just shooting myself in the leg.

user, that niche is filled. It's called Quake. It's called UT.

I've had an idea and I'm working on bring it to life. That's it.

oh boy, swapping weapons, that's totally what I want to do for fluidity

Now tell me that it's going to be Windows only so I can finally hide the thread.

Hide it

Its not like linuxfags play games anyway, otherwise they'd get a PC

I don't know why but that made me chuckle, sank yu

OP is a faggot.

See? You do a great job at destroying yourself and everything you have going for you. I barely even have to say anything anymore.

user, please, can you be any more of a stereotypical linux neckbeard?

Then nobody's going to play your shit, faggot.

Go to right now.

user, plebbit needs your autism to fuel their rulefaggotry

go, it's never too late to join the ranks of your true brethren

Energy weapons do not recoil

Plasma is technically an energy weapon and plasma would definitely recoil.

Are you implying you're going to charge money for this game?

but plasma is a gas, unlike a laser that is amplified light

Sure. If it makes you feel any better, I'll be giving out codes on here. Totally not to promote it or anything.

Plasma is plasma. It's the fourth state of matter.

You're not gonna get the boost from here that Notch got, if you keep acting like a faggot.

Yeah you can save yourself the trouble and leave, giving out codes here for free won't change anybody's perception of you. Might as well start a kickstarter while you're at it

I don't need a boost. If the game is as good as I aim to be, it won't have to be boosted. Otherwise, I'll know it was not what I wanted it to be, suck it up, rinse and repeat.

I'm here to shoot the shit, collect worthwhile ideas and nothing else.

Come in here, dear boy.
Have a cigar
You're gonna go far.
You're gonna fly.
You're never gonna die.

At least YanDev took advantage of this place. You're not even trying.

Exactly! So when can I donate to your Patreon?

Yandere Sim is also a shitty game with no substance, so I'm sure he needed it big time.

Just be like FE where you get a negative to speed based on the weapons weight.

in older FE's the amount the weapon's weight exceeded your characters STR/CON was subtracted from your speed.

In an FPS you could do something like:
if Weapon Weight>STR
movespeed=movespeed/(Weapon Weight - STR)

What makes you so high-and-mighty to not take my advice, and piss off to the general for actual amateur developers?

All signs point to ideas guy.

Son, with an attitude like that you're gonna fall flat on your face. Unless you are some sort of programming genius (which looking at previous posts you aren't) your game is going to flop hard if you deliberately try to be an asshole. We'll be seeing how long you last like that

Xonotic has anti-cheat that is effective. honestly you don't stop cheaters completely by being proprietary, many proprietary multiplayer games without anticheat are full of cheaters. GTA V basically had cheaters within the first month on the PC.

people pay money to access the source code of open source programs all the time. even with copyleft licenses like the GPL, you only have to release source code if you distributed a binary, and you only need to give the source code to the people you distributed the binary to.

its referring to the software, not the assets. irrelevant unless your game completely lacks assets and even then people compiling your program is less convenient than simply pirating your binaries.

If anyone buys your game after seeing these threads, then they really do deserve to lose money! Oh, and at least Yandere Sim is a thing that exists, even if Yandere Dev's code is shit.

user, take your pills and get back to work. At this stage in development you're best off asking the /agdg/ general for advice instead of prematurely pissing all over potential buyers before you even have anything to draw them in.

I'm not trying to be an asshole, I'm responding to shit the way I would otherwise. Or do you want me to be a holier-than-thou faggot like so many other people?

low framerate =/= tumblr

I pulled it off Google Images, anyhow.

Who cares, user? In any case, I'm making the game for the purpose of making the game. Money is simply an obvious side bonus that I'm not going to pass up.

I'm not shitting on anybody other than those that start shit themselves, user. Face it, people on here don't buy games. I'm not interested in "drawing people in" or convincing anybody to buy shit.

I started a thread for the purpose of discussion. Who cares what people on here think of me? Who cares about what people in general think of me?

95% of people of those interested that browse Holla Forums will pirate the game. The remaining 5% would buy the game if they care about it.

I'm getting my pills on Friday, I told you, user.

The only difference here is that I'm not treating you like customers.

I'm not acting nice for the sake of acting nice, neither am I acting like a fag for the sake of it.

I'm talking to you like I would talk to anybody I consider worth talking to.

You know the term PC does not imply any operating system, right?
Of course you don't, since you're an incompetent fuckhead.

PC is a general handle, autist. That's what people mean when they say PC.

You realize these are contradictory statements, right?

Just because most people don't know anything beside opening Internet Explorer to browse Facebook doesn't mean they have any authority over tech lingo.

anonnnn stoppppp

How are they contradictory?

Yes, because as we all know well, generalizing Holla Forums always leads to good results. You really love beating yourself up, don't you?
Statistics you pulled out of your ass
Just comes naturally then?

Well, you can at least try to get your head out of the clouds and act according to what you currently are: an ideafag. The only thing you're managing with this thread is bad PR. Some of the anons here will probably follow you and shitpost in your future threads.
To be honest, what you're doing is actually pretty stupid

You can quit pretending to be "one of us", now. It's very obvious that you're trying, and failing, to swindle people here like Notch and YanDev did.

Large(r) weapons could require a minimum strength, therefore forcing a minimum age on their users.

So, lolis with pistols, not so much with assault rifles.

Hey OP i hope you keep making those threads even if just to laugh at this guy that keeps being so salty about it. Wish you luck.

1) Generalizing Holla Forums is the same as generalizing any group of people. I don't need to know every user on here to know what Holla Forums does as a collective and how Holla Forums usually behaves.

An ideafag working on bringing his idea to life. That's like any artist out there, really.

user, the whole "anonymous" idea is all about the lack of sense of self, you dumshet

I was thinking about a similar thing, but rather focusing on the size of the weapon instead, sort of like E.Y.E. did it.

I do like the weight system though, albeit it seems much more restricting overall

wew I got distracted and didn't complete the list

2) Of course I did, how the fuck would I get proper statistic anyhow? It's a crude, simple way to say what I wanted to say.

3) I suppose

Still just an ideafag, so getting off your high horse would be the smartest thing you do today

What high horse, user? Where did you get that idea?

jesus christ.

you might as well get a trip already faggot

We have Steam threads all the time over here. Yeah, there are a lot of people who pirate obviously, but there's also a potential market here, and brushing it aside is a huge loss no matter how you look at it.

There needs to be a point where age for different sexes does different things

Moreover past a certain age accuracy bonuses and then penalties

Depends on whether you want accurate or shit like deathstroke

this is the most retarded meme out there. there are people who play games on GNU/Linux, this is a fact.

PC means personal computer. it is nonsensical to say that they'd "get a PC" when they are already using a personal computer.

Are you stupid or just autistic? Go read your previous posts, and if you still don't get it, well I pity what's going to become of you.

Why would I get a trip when I have 100+ pics to avatarfag with?

Oh well. In any case, people that like the game would buy the game for what it is. People that don't care for it won't. That's how it's always been.

That's the general idea, although I never really thought of the older people. I kinda wanted to cap it at 13 for lowest and 30 for highest.

miniscule fraction of the market. Who cares?

I never once outrightly said so. Whatever ideas you get from that are yours to keep.

Are you kidding? Your posts since the OP drip with overblown ego

He's just an autist with an ego too big for his own good. Since Holla Forums has their retards too, he'll get some sort of following, but his efforts to monetize the game will probably fail. Even if they don't, he'll probably end up like Phil Fish. Case and point, the less he realizes about his own faggotry, the harder hes going to fall on his face

By the looks of it, I'll have an army soon enough.

I just don't think he gets that he's the only one here with something to lose.

Ego is ego.

I am an honest nihilist in every way. Nothing matters, theres no meaning, we're all just animals with an ability to process information in a sophisticated way. At some point we'll be gone and it's neither bad nor good because those concepts, too, are meaningless.

That's my belief. According to that belief, we're equals. Everyone is, because everyone equally doesn't matter.

So no, I don't think I'm better than anyone. I just act the way I do because my ego is the only thing I got to help me enjoy life, user.

I also like videogames, thats why I'm developing one.

Is this whole thread essentially Ideaguy: The Thread?

A pitiful existence. But even an insufferable nihilist would realize that what you're doing is counterproductive to your final objective. Hence why you are either a child or simply stupid

There's a difference between lashing out against it destructively like edgelords do, and just accepting it, user.

You claim to love vidya, but propose mechanics that show how little you understand about them. There's good reasons why player hitboxes in FPSes usually stay at a preset or very similar sizes.

shieeeeeet

Is that why you're a NEET then? Because nothing you do really matters?

Yep, which is why this thread shouldn't even exist.

In a year you'll be a hedonist because "bored of being emo, nothing matters might as well have fun"

I agree with his proposal to make hitboxes different, he may be a fag but if you're a loli your hitbox should be loli sized.

A lot of people like futa, user. There's no need to lie or feel embarrassed.

top kek, as they say

The final product won't be out at least a year from now, simply because of the amount of work there is to do. By then, people will forget, and I'm very likely going to change the name and a lot of the mechanics.

Also, general public doesn't care about imageboards, neither does it acknowledge them. I'm in the clear.

I mean, not really. I'm not about to just stop doing shit, I'm going to do everything everyone else does because I might as well

I never said I'm not, user. I have a hedonistic approach to life, and that includes primarily feeding my ego because it makes me feel better. Isn't that what I kinda said about ego anyway?

Hitboxes are a mechanic. You can balance a mechanic by offsetting its positive effects with negative effects of a different one.

only gay who are still deep in their closet

You can like girls and guys at the same time, user. Some people like dick but don't like guys because its "too" manly.

Those like futa. Simple.

did you really feel the need to reply to that that badly?
when you're getting your ass roasted this bad left and right?

I'm mocking him, he posted futa then tried to act like he only saved it as a joke.

Not really, it's a good thing replying is easy enough for me to do it even if I don't really care.

Then make a fucking loli shooter instead of an entire game centered around shooting Oddjob on rollerskates.

In the cases where large differences in hitbox size work well, it's a combination of different player sizes having vastly different roles and health pools.

Deus ex grid based inventory or go home.

You think anons are just going to forget? You're deluded. Someone can perfectly archive this thread, come back in one even two years, and when you try to shill your game again (with that easily recognizable demeanor) he'll perfectly post it and remind you of it. It has happened before, it can happen again.
Even if you are so sure it won't affect you, then why would you take the risk of shooting yourself in the foot right here. Sounds mighty stupid if you ask me

literally everything based around recoil movement with the map design accomodating that

It doesn't have to be vastly different, it can be just different enough for it to work. And of course, I can always adjust healthpools whenever. It's not a difficult thing to tweak.

E.Y.E. inventory is literally the same, just with more restrictive placement.

You see the problem here is the fact that you assume that Holla Forums is large enough and valuable enough for me to care enough about it to come back here and try to "shill" it "again".

As though I'm doing it now. If I was trying to shill it I'd be sucking your dick right now.

Sounds like a bulky, gimmicky mechanic. Paint me a picture.

You sure seem to enjoy shilling it every week with literally zero proof of progress, that's for sure.

With how you've acted so far, I doubt you'd have the smarts to do it.
And answered before I could

shilling =/= keeping myself motivated and inspired

aight

So it's a class based shooter where you get a slider for class?
That's…. not inherrently bad, but very susceptible to "What Could Have Been" disease.

Smaller hitbox and more agile but less HP. Duh. They're meant to be a dodge tank rather than a face tank. That way size is only restricting your first line of defense against death, not playstyle- and even with the reduced hp, they still can be adequate tanks due to size.

Change that to:
Physical Equipment and Magical Mastery uses the same slots.
Bam, balanced, decoupled from gender, and still has an easy visual effect.

And if you need justification, something classical like "mental abhors metal" works.

No it's a reskinned specialty "gun" category with a shared, likely regenerating ammo pool.

Please don't forget that artillery and CAS are both considered "support". Like, having the heals, dashes, blinks, shields, etc be magic is fine and all, but if I can't throw a fireball, lightningbolt, or even just something as lame as "mind bullets", your system is shit.

And if you're worried about balance of shooty vs casty damage, shooty doesn't spend ammo to not die or get into position. The advantage of guns is going to be more on multitasking and staying power, while a full caster should be the candle that burns brightest at a narrow scope task.

no they are simply gay.
there is not only one "type" of gay people.
gay aren t all black leather, bear and huge ass fisting like thoses faggots.

most of the gay you see are girly, who speak like one, have "weak" wirst (always bent)
the one latina america call "bicha"

so no, no excuse if you like cock you r gay .
take your dildo and put it in your ass. suck your "feminine cock" all you want you r still gay.

moreover when most (if not all)of them are male who just made boobs surgery …

not caring about Holla Forums as a consumer is not the same as not being able to take inspiration from it, buddy

Motivation =/= inspiration nigger, get your shit straight

Tribes style movement except every weapon can be used to boost speed and not only explosives.

Okay, so this will be the third thread that's gotten over 200 posts. The fuck more motivation do you need, nigger? Like fucking seriously, you've already got a motherfucking manuscript of ideas to take inspiration from and yet you still need to come back for more? The fuck is wrong with you? Sounds less like inspiration and more like a reason to keep on living, Jesus Christ.

being inspired sparks motivation

I can definitely get behind that. It actually sounds fun

Not necessarily, you can get a lot of new ideas but not be motivated enough to apply them

It probably is. But maybe he'll contribute some worthy pirate material in the future, who knows the extent of autism. Even then, it's amusing to see how low a man can fall

user, this thread is still going so I might as well keep up.

This is some honestly pathetic shit, OP. Can you please come back in a week when you have "depression" out of a lack of motivation, so we can make you commit suicide?

(53) things say other wise, homo. Honestly, this is just kinda sad.

Yeah, you don't care at all, that much is clear.

user, a realistic weapon holding system is a must for this game.
If a loli is walking around with a LMG she should be clunky and really slow to actually aim the thing. Firing it should tire her out and prevent her from moving for a while. Oh, and she definitely shouldn't be able to hold anything but that one gun, maybe a grenade in the back pocket or something but that's it.
Maybe you could have an exhaustion factor. Lolis will tire really quickly if they're carrying something heavy, but will be able to run around all day if they're just carrying a pistol or staff. Burly guys should be able to hold a LMG and fire it effectively but should slowly become more exhausted and have to rest if he runs for a while.

1) Slow, "cinematic"-mode view control would be gay and frustrating as hell.

2) Getting tired every five seconds would be maddeningly frustrating also.

However, implementing carry limits based on your "class" would be great.

A taste in futa is the mark of a true fap connoisseur, appreciating the sight of feminine beauty combined with visually familiar qualities of male arousal. Nothing gay about that.

Cleanliness isn't a bar that you fill by doing hygienic activities. Washing your hands five times isn't going to make your hands significantly cleaner than they were after the first time.

So "twice a day" is nonsense. The girl would have to shower right before sitting on your face in order for her ass to not smell like shit. Even then, it would still not smell great.

Your fetish is a fetish, please don't try to justify it logically.

>fapping to lewd animu girls with dicks
Pick one

But user.

Gays don't like futa.

No. Only virgins can be Wizards.

more like

You remind me of that faggot back when he first started making threads like this on cuckchan.
Why not just save yourself some grief, and go to reddit.
You'll be more comfortable there

I think there's actually a game that does that. Can't remember the name of it or even if it exists. I think Explosion man does it to a degree.

But anyways to answer OP's question, why not switch what determines what?

Would make more sense since a strength/agility bonus fits genders better since those would be kinda inherent things while Magic/Marksmanship are stuff that is seemingly more experience based.

Granted I'd feel that being younger would result in being better at magic due to innocence resulting in being closer to the spirit and therefor able to harness the spirit and manifest it as "magic" more easily. Or some such bullshit, I don't care, it just seems easier to explain why a kid is better at magic instead of an adult who might have to rely on firearms since they can't actually into magic. But then we're just at square one then ain't we?

that's pretty funny user

kill yourseeeelfffff

I suppose it does make more sense that way. It would also let me hint at the fact that women are weak

Holy shit, just fuck off.
Idea guys are egoistic cancer.

no

Go to /agdg/, they will stroke your ego like they usually do despite you presenting no content.

Or better yet go to /tg/ and start a roleplay thread. You ain't getting any futher with actual game development anyway.

Until you have a playable demo, fuck off.

kill yourself my man

make an actual game, faggot

C'mon man

You're one stupid nigger

Alright then, make it so I can play as an old ass punchy man what kicks everyone's ass despite being 90 fucking years old

fine

of course it needs a thread, seeing as theres 240 replies. :^)

Feed them to the pigs.

why would they ? they are gay out of their ownmind closet.
they go straight for gay porn.
they dont need to hide their homosexuality with : "but look it have boobs so i ain t gay".

but well , it has been proven countless time that level 2 gay-in-closet are the worst…
they will use everything they can even retarded shit like this
to say they aren t gay …

It requires a specific kind of man to like futa.

Not only has he to be bisexual but also an extremely balanced bisexual.

If he's too straight he'll see penises as gay shit, if he's too gay he'll see the femenine aspects as disgusting.

Every artist needs to have ideas. The only difference is that some are determined enough to start working on them.

no evidence of that. Discarded

I'm a gay-leaning bisexual, and I can clearly see the appeal of futa. Just because you like it doesn't mean others can't.

Not all gays see feminine aspects as disgusting tbh. There are ones that go exclusively for girly guys.

user, I said myself a few posts ago that I'm prone to feeding my ego. Why are you pointing out a thing that's already in the open?

*don't like it

>Projecting THIS fucking hard

Holy shit user what the fuck.

No seriously, if guys can fap to shit like animals and straight up inanimate objects like floortiles, then how can you not accept it's possible for someone to genuinely like futa?

worst thread

I seen worse. OP seems to understand how games work, and his regularity in posting these threads is telling me that he has not given up on the idea over the part three or so weeks, which is honestly promising.

He's consistent in his thoughts and tries to foresee future problems. He's brutally honest, which I like, and has no trouble admitting the obvious.

The only thing putting me off is his ego, which has a weight of a dying star. Even so, he acknowledged that.

Honestly, he beats the current indie hacks in taste, vision, understanding and self-awareness.

He's a faggot but he's a bearable kind of faggot.

I'll take him over Phil Fish any day.

Can't have an inflated ego without some form of mental illness!

Might as well admit you're just fishing at the bottom of the barrel.

Godspeed, user. People around here are too focused on vacuous shit like personality, identity politics, morals and ethics to think straight. I wish I could say there are better places for this sort of thing, but there really kinda aren't.

I'd say just filter the garbage and cherry pick the few golden ideas every thread you make. I'll bump your game when I see it, others will inevitably sage.

I'll probably buy your game, too. Just make sure to lower the primary price tag and redirect other income into cosmetics - it's what allows games to be affordable, and autists to have pretty loadouts.

You're an asshole, an egotistical selfish bastard, and a homo on top of that, but I feel a kindred spirit in you. Maybe because I'm all above mentioned things and am just in denial.

Add dismemberment tho

You can't shit on Phil Fish and then say that people are too focused on personality, come the fuck on now. Lip-service this twat as much as you want, but I'll always be here in these threads laughing at him.

i didn t say nor am saying it s impossible to like futa.Obviously some like it.

i m just saying that liking futa/trap etc mean you are gay. and denying it just mean you r deep into your lvl2 closet.
"level2 closet" = your own self, "lvl 1 closet" = your family/friends

Phil Fish stopped developing his games because of his personality. It's his personality that got in the way of his work.

In this case, I think user is right.

Cancer goes to cancer.

Stop posting and kill yourselves.

user, newfags, tripfags, avatarfags were a part of chan culture for years. Stop your elitist shit.

Get out.

FUCK OFF

No, you get out. I'm the part of this place as much as you are. If you don't like it - leave.

Same goes for you.

LOOK AT THIS SHIT
"lewd user" posts twice defending OP and sucking his dick, and then OP shows up right afterwards. They both have the same exact style of posting with the double spacing. He didn't even try to hide it.

I caught him in the act folks. Literally shilling his own fucking game using different IDs. How fucking sad. Sage and report this shit to oblivion.

user you're embarrassing yourself

You know the drill.

sigh

*shove you away*

So how many proxies you got going right now in this thread? I'm curious.

like, none.

Well, if you're so sure of that, keep on doing what you're doing then. I'll see you in the next thread in a couple days. It's fun to watch a man dig his own grave.

It's fun to watch people with poor taste be oblivious of their own degenerate nature

Woah, are you trying to hook me back in with this bait? I think you forgot that you're the person who likes cock here.

I'm being whimsical, you autist

No need to worry, I've already found out what I'm going to use to avatarfag in your next thread

I'm so glad this became a lolcow thread.

wew lad

holy shit are you aware of how fucking retarded you look, just stop, cut your losses, im saying this as a courtesy. noone will ever show any interest in your game if you carry on like this, ESPECIALLY with the rather justified hate yandere guy has been getting. it's not going to work like that again OP.

cmon now

You really can get unlimited entertainment out of this guy.

Someone better be making a compilation of this.

Friendly reminder nobody using pics from the "artist" OP used for his thread ever delivered anything worth a shit, and in fact might turn out to be a goon (see: Josh).

If memeing yourself into failure from the start is part of your plan, be my guest. I'll just go back to my corner and mind my popcorn.

Going to Holla Forums was a mistake OP, trying to talk about your video game on Holla Forums is the biggest waste of time ever.

Only the latest AAA trash gets actual discussion, everything else is just shitposted to oblivion.

What game? There's no game to be found in this whole thread.

Is there an uncensored version of stardust crusader?
Watching the other version is painful, where can i find it?
Polite sage for not videogames.

Their early work was a little too new wave for my tastes, but when Sports came out in '83, I think they really came into their own, commercially and artistically. The whole album has a clear, crisp sound, and a new sheen of consummate professionalism that really gives the songs a big boost. He's been compared to Elvis Costello, but I think Huey has a far more bitter, cynical sense of humor. In '87, Huey released this, Fore, their most accomplished album. I think their undisputed masterpiece is "Hip to be Square", a song so catchy, most people probably don't listen to the lyrics. But they should, because it's not just about the pleasures of conformity, and the importance of trends, it's also a personal statement about the band itself.

Not videogames.

Yes, the Japanese blurays are uncensored. Good luck finding uploads of them though.
Nice trips

Fuck me, that's exaxtly what i expected to happen.
Hopefully some good user translates it eventually.
I could do it myself but i would need working eng subs and the full video tracks.

I've been a big Genesis fan ever since the release of their 1980 album, Duke. Before that, I really didn't understand any of their work. Too artsy, too intellectual. It was on Duke where Phil Collins' presence became more apparent. I think Invisible Touch was the group's undisputed masterpiece. It's an epic meditation on intangibility. At the same time, it deepens and enriches the meaning of the preceding three albums. Christy, take off your robe. Listen to the brilliant ensemble playing of Banks, Collins and Rutherford. You can practically hear every nuance of every instrument. Sabrina, remove your dress. In terms of lyrical craftsmanship, the sheer songwriting, this album hits a new peak of professionalism. Sabrina, why don't you, uh, dance a little. Take the lyrics to Land of Confusion. In this song, Phil Collins addresses the problems of abusive political authority. In Too Deep is the most moving pop song of the 1980s, about monogamy and commitment. The song is extremely uplifting. Their lyrics are as positive and affirmative as anything I've heard in rock. Christy, get down on your knees so Sabrina can see your asshole. Phil Collins' solo career seems to be more commercial and therefore more satisfying, in a narrower way. Especially songs like In the Air Tonight and Against All Odds. Sabrina, don't just stare at it, eat it. But I also think Phil Collins works best within the confines of the group, than as a solo artist, and I stress the word artist. This is Sussudio, a great, great song, a personal favorite.

Disregarding your own self-verification, where's your proofs for this claim?

Dubs? Dubs!

All right fake game dev-user, you're a fucking faggot. I hope you get cancer and die

What about more inertia, and not limiting top speed?

personally i wouldnt be interested if lolis were locked off from anything. even if its just a strength enhancing exosuit.

why is Holla Forums so full of normalfags

Check 'em

Check 'em again

One day I will get dubs

low quality fishing aye

What did I miss guys?? Didn't check this thread because of lolishit..

So let me get this straight; OP isn't an acclaimed game dev after all, and is actually a faggot?

HA!

Dev is typical ideaguy that's trying to shill his game/get even more fucking ideaguys for game that as he claims hasn't gone past the "coding movement" stage and will likely never be finished. Also it's closed source, Windows only and likely made on some ancient version of UE which makes it shit by default. Move along.

Are you saying DUBS?

I knew I'd get dubs one day

Feel free to fuck off the board and come back when you got something to show