Enter the Gungeon

So has anyone else played this game? I can't seem to git gud beyond level 2.

Gungeon general and all that.

Hunter and Prisoner are best.

The way they handled co-op is a little weird, but all and all its a solid game. I remember the E3 they revealed it it was the only good looking PC game.

Should I buy it on sale or pirate it?

I really like it, there are many many weapons and they all feel different in some way or another.
Also the Pilot is the better character since keys are so scarce.

There you go, the worst characters. Get some fucking taste.

Pilot is best since Keys and cheaper shops.
Then we have Soldier cause better aim, better reload, best default gun and has a nice visual when he has armour/shield.

Pirate it first, then if you like it, buy it

to win you have to keep your ammo for the true final floor
very few passives

you could fix those with more clips and a smarter way to give more passive abilities with your guns.

It requires more skill and less luck then most Rogue lites

It's ok, but flawed.

The large rooms can be annoying since you can't tell what enemies are in them, or where. Some don't give good audio cues for their attacks so you can get blindsided by a cheap fast moving shot from off camera.

The bosses have too much health for their very limited attack patterns.

This is magnified further by what said, and that you have to save every bit of ammo for the final gauntlet. So even regular enemies end up taking ages to kill.

After a few days of playing, you'll fine it's easy to consistently get past floor 5 with almost anything. But floor 6 is basically praying you got the decent guns and items.

Floor 6? Is there another floor after the Dragun?

Is this game better than nuclear throne?

Nuclear Throne is shit and you're giving money to SJWs. Gungeon is less shit but still pretty bad.

I couldnt get into it

just got really bored

I pirated the shit out of nuclear throne because I know Rami's a raging pozzed faggot, so no, I'm not giving money to SJWs.

wew lad

Unlocks after you beat the game with all 4 characters.

Yes it is. Plain and simple.

Jesus this game doesn't end. Took me so many tries to beat floor 5, and I still have the Old King to beat.

It's pretty nice.
It's essentially in the vein of Binding of Isaac, but where Isaac is all about getting good RNG and blowing everything away once you do, this game is a bit more consistent and skill based, you can kill shit from the get go if you aim and move propely.
I wish there was more of a difference between characters in terms of abilities and such, but aside from that it's pretty snappy and fun to play.

look at this fag shill

Coincidentally, the white male character is the best one

I really like the idea that Marxists are losing money because of their ideology. It seems appropriate.

Keep on promoting their shit, faggots.

I would have given this a look because it sounds interesting and potentially fun, but stuff like that really turns me off, what a shame.

There's way too much randomness and joke weapons to be fun imo. This isn't even one of those "it's too hard because it's too random" complaints either, it's not hard at all to do well with the starting weapons but when one of the bullet points is "look at all the weapons we have" and there's no guarantee you'll even find a key or chest to get one it's just not great, the ones you're guaranteed to get always turn out to be trash too. I think it could have been better, the motif is alright.

i have yet to defeat the tonk.
i ended up losing interest at some point because the rng often decides that every weapon i get will be worse than my starting gun.

yes, i appreciate all the joke weapons, gun puns references and memes but why have them if im not going to use them?

Now, the game isn't anything special but that might be one of the dumbest reasons to not play a game I've ever heard.

how does it feel to like the second best character in the game?
My main complaint is the difficulty of getting to and beating the obuilette with the ancient crest intact. That shit is difficult. It might just be above my skill level. I'm beating the tank pretty consistently. Marine a best btw

Not by a long shot.

It's bigger and has way more content and little things, but the actual game is not nearly as well designed. Bigger =/= better.

It's a massive grind fest, there's an ass load of items that need to be unlocked by tokens that are only obtainable in small chunks from boss kills. You can unlock about 0-1 items after each run (which take a long time largely because of bullet sponge enemies), and let's not forget that item unlocks are not the only use for tokens.

As said the enemies are bullet sponges and they even get more HP as you progress floors. What makes it worse is that weapons are sometimes difficult to obtain, but the game wants you to spare keys and shit in order to access extra content which just compels you to use your inaccurate low range low damage piece of shit of a weapon for a long time.

Honestly I wouldn't mind this game as much if the weapons weren't so fucking inaccurate. Sometimes it doesn't even matter if you aim with the starting gun or not because it's accuracy is balls to the walls retarded. I once wasted an entire clip on a basic enemy in first floor without actually killing him, because the bullets just kept going to the sides while my cursor was dead center on top of him.

There's a whole bunch of other grievances with it such as the fact that wall collision boxes are completely fucked, you're forced to shit though retarded cutscenes all the time, and some of the bosses are just terrible, but I haven't played a lot recently so I can't remember them all.

One thing I'll give it is that the rooms are more consistent, while in Nuclear Throne the difficulty of a room start can vary from a clusterfuck of impossible to a strawberry cakewalk (snow boss level is especially notorious for this).

Just leave the crest in the room until you've beaten the boss.

Eh, there's too many interesting indies out there to play anyway, why would I purposely choose the one that isn't appealing to me? It's not like I would drop or decide not to play a game that I actually care for because of this, but how the industry is pumping out fun little indies, I can surely afford missing some.

Keep in mind, I'm not saying it's bad or anything for this fact because I know basically nothing about the game, but this which looks like blantant pandering to SJW rubs me, personally, the wrong way.