Project Gorgon

Very, very old webm edition.

An MMO being made by a really small team where there are no classes, only skills. You need to unlock them individually and mix-and-match equipment mods for them. Currently I'm running Archery/Psychology. No, I'm not kidding.

Again, very small team. The development is quite slow, but it's a comfy game.

Yup, I'm trying to see if there's enough interest around to rouse some skeletons to play

They implemented the Knife skill(lots of DoTs), Transmutation(used to transform one equipment effect in another, less raging at random loot effects), remade Infusion(any enchant can be taken from an item and reapplied to another of the same type), there's a new area for low levels and one for high levels(51-60), expanded Labs, added a lot of mod effects, you can be turned into a bat now, they implemented dodge, work orders for NPCs so you get some money back while leveling crafting, work orders for players(so you leave a request for something specific), semi-permanent player stalls(you hire an NPC to sell your stuff), a new starting area, and(finally!) they are currently implemented the promised Druid events and improving the Animal Handling skill(bear pets, pet-specific tricks, lvl 60 unlock, more mods). Oh, and Surveying is now decent, with extra loot for digging multiple surveys in a row. And we finally got beards. Apparently they were always enabled in the slider during character creation, but invisible. So don't be surprised if you log on and suddenly find yourself manlier.

Yes, it's name is Agitated Bones, it's been a while since people got together though.

Other urls found in this thread:

projectgorgon.com/member-forum/forum/support/77-project-gorgon-on-linux?limitstart=0#2760
projectgorgon.com/game/play-now
imgur.com/gallery/9h6Zx/comment/230393/1
gorgonexplorer.com/#!/home
projectgorgon.com/wiki/Anagoge_Island
docs.google.com/document/d/10M9293VULyIxOa58EWJA-gBwjAsu2RYV5-JS_RVIvkQ/edit
projectgorgon.com/forum/support/77-project-gorgon-on-linux
myredditvideos.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Wat?

Also does anyone actually still play this game?

It's nearly ghost town, development is slow so people end up maxed out and with nothing to do way too soon.
It has potential but it gets boring way too fast.

Hazmatbrigade from the guild here. I can attest to the fact that the game is good for a month and a half to three months of play before it becomes really dull. Play time may vary by how much of a shit head you want to be.

Are the mods still angry with us? I haven't played since before 60 hammer

I'm somewhat interested. I signed up to try out Planeshift but it's just too slow/dead to keep my interest?
Does this have a working linux client?

The graphics, user.

I'll stop by later today.

Sadly the development is quite slow, the current cap being 60 when 1-50 are supposed to be the levels where you fuck around and try everything before specializing.

I see nothing about it searching the forums except an old note from Citan where he mentions that it's always a blow when the playerbase drops suddenly.

Where's our purple monstrosity of a guild leader?

There's Python script to download the Linux build on forums somewhere, there was no official package last time I checked.

It's over guys. It's time to let go.

Found it. The guy updated it very recently:
projectgorgon.com/member-forum/forum/support/77-project-gorgon-on-linux?limitstart=0#2760

Windows and Mac(lol) need the normal launcher: projectgorgon.com/game/play-now

Explain.

Have they talked about plans for the steam release? I backed this game, and all that ever happened with that was they linked my kickstarter account to my in game account or some shit.

I don't mind waiting more, since the content that is there is really fun, but I'm confused as to why they put the steam release off so long.

Great game but no depth. When it gets a full release I'm actually going to pay for it since it's just plain fun but until then i will clutch my memories to my heart

Probably because the game is still more or less in the same state it was when they started talking about Steam release. Their progress is on par with SWGemu at this point.

Isn't the dev team some dude and his wife, though?

Well, alright, fair enough. Here's hoping it doesn't become abandoned before we get an actual product I guess. It's been over a year since the kickstarter I think.

Pretty much.

Yes. A guy that worked on everquest and his wife.

I havent touched the game since we all played

I remember those good times. I'll reinstall and get on once I'm back home.

Oh wow.

no

but it does look like its decent, I'll try it later

Last I tried it there was no music from instruments, was that something on my end or are instruments bugged?

I forgot to redeem my backer access

The game is still free to play

Yeah, sure. I haven't touched the game since we were all playing it last year.

If nothing else, our names popping up in world again should cause some triggering. See you soon.

oh fug the memories, i was the one getting a blowjob from the nigger

imgur.com/gallery/9h6Zx/comment/230393/1

Old bug, fixed a good while ago from what I gather.

You don't need that yet, but you may PM Citan on the forums if you're worried.

I'll be logging in 30 min, hopefully I'll get some skelebros online.

You have no idea what that was about, do you?

I never played it last time around and I'm still mad at myself. Downloading now nigs

Yeah I'm the game right now and the instruments works fine, almost full skills in all of them

Man, I wanna chainpull mobs on top of trannies again.

It's all coming back to me.

Alright, I'm redownloading this shit. Time to toot flutes and hammer skulls.

No u faget, I was the one in that webm. Name was Traveller.

OP here, I hope our (((fearless leader))) fucking purple furry appears.

Oh, and you can plan your builds/search for gear mods easily at gorgonexplorer.com/#!/home

Hold on, the game's gone back to F2P? Might have to redownload it if it's the case.

Never stopped being F2P.

Just made a character, still fighting skellies on the beach. Where we meeting at?

What's your name ingame?

I'm by a strange stone or something, trying to figure out how to teleport.

Platform*

Yo'ure both playing on the tutorial island, something that was implemented after we stopped playing the first time. You need to learn rteleportation to gtfo of there and join us, I believe, but there's quite some stuff you want to get there. You can learn 15 skills on the island.

projectgorgon.com/wiki/Anagoge_Island

Kardis.

Oh, shit, thanks for the info, user.

Anyone has the google doc with all the names and the beginner's guide? We might have to update it, but it'll help explain stuff to our new calcium.

Hurin here

Thanks man

Hold on, didn't it stop being free after the month/two week period that happened over here while you guys were fighting the moderators or something?

Nope. There was a kickstarter and plans to go on steam ~sometime~ but it's still FP2 with no change in sight.

Thank fuck, this was the only MMO I could stand playing. The idea of being a fucking animal that shoots magic or has weapon expertise is so insane I couldn't help but to love it.

Found the doc: docs.google.com/document/d/10M9293VULyIxOa58EWJA-gBwjAsu2RYV5-JS_RVIvkQ/edit

Forgot I played once back when Holla Forums was into it last time.

RIP rato.

I'll log my bat in, if someone has punch bowl I can bite you fags so you can also bat.

Ravi here, I have punch, get some skeletons together and I'll use it.

Why the fuck am i in the shadow realm.
The fuck did i do.

u dun goofed

posting some images from the ♂GAY♂PARTY♂

Oh god that dick sucker is me.

God damn, those were some fun times

Alright I'm re-downloading this shit. It's time.

I hope I remember the password.

meant to quote , polite sage.

i'll finish downloading in a few hours, anyone starting from 0?

Does our shit carry over from before? I remember there being some kind of bullshit about Steam Integration and only backers being able to play for a while.

Well shit, I might have to log in again. How long will 170+ days away take to patch?

it does, you can play your old character no problemo

Steam didn't come yet, no prevision to come. Still, wipe is NEVER going to happen, even if skills, item mods etc will change because alpha.

We have one guy starting from 0 so far.

Depending on your internet, 30 min tops.

Aight,
Any nigs need guild invites? or is there someone already online that can do that?

I'm in the list of gaylords, but my internet is sketchy as hell right now so I probably won't be on today unless somebody needs it.

We have been keeping an average of 6 members online ever since I made the thread. We can invite people, don't worry.

Good, I can barely stay online for 15 minutes at a time.

shiiiiit, I was on when you guys were doing this, but I don't think I ever made it into Agitated Bones…I almost wanna try this game again. Almost.

It's been a while since I played this. Are guilds in now? Is Agitated Bones an official group? How the hell do I join the channel everyone is in?

Come join us, skelly.

Guilds are implemented, with guild quests(guildleader isn't here yet tho) and chests and guildchat. Whisper Ravi/Celler and we'll invite you, we're socializing at Serbule well atm.

are liches in?

ARE LICHES IN?

ARE LICHES IN?!

CAN WE BONE NOW?

how the fuck do weebs tolerate those high pitched squeals? their ears must be filled with shit from not bathing ever or something.

Liches aren't in yet

Oh well, I gotta level up anyway.

Hope my character's still there!

I'm NeckRomancer.

It's supposed to be grating.

Maybe we can bully the fag to hurry up his game

Hell no, these things take time when you're only one guy.

Is it possible to be a healer ?

BULLY

Yes, the healing specs are Psychology and Mentalism mainly.

ye, psychology is for healing, and i think they added healing for pigs now

Sort of. We actually just had a small discussion about specializing. In short, everything comes down to the modifiers on your equipment. Want to be a healer? Get skill modifiers for healing abilities on your gear.

DO YOU THINK THIS IS A MOTHERFUCKING GAME RATTLER?

I'm down for it, especially if Khay and the tranny are still around for us to mine more salt on the forums Preferably without retards making themselves look like redditors in the process

nigger, khay WAS the tranny

As far as I can tell, khay is gone for the most part

Who the fuck was the other bitch then? The one we fucked around with getting it down to like -500 points or some shit like that. I could of swore they were two separate beings and that the tranny wasn't involved in the forums.

khaylara, also a guy, is still around. Look up, the image with the -111 karma is from him.

im pretty sure that too was khay, "he" was the only faggot always whining about us, or maybe im just mixing shit up

Nea, the entire faggot possy was whining about us 24/7 while - hilariously enough - the actual faggot running a fucking maid cafe bullshit simply didn't care as long as he got the tranny dick.

I regret not making a list of the nerds now, would of come in handy to figuring out which was which.

Also Silverstein reporting in, I need me a pig to become a vassal/bard to once more

Are fairies in yet? I wanted to play a fairy healer.

I thought that shit was fantastic. I wonder if jarsii will see this… Also I wonder what Mr Archduke is up to

Getting finished, Citan promised to implement them once the AH balancing is over, so in like 4-5 patchs.

Hopefully got his money back. Alternatively, hopefully he got his kingdom up and running and is waiting for us atop decaying skeleton mountain.

Jesus, these dinos keep fucking me up.

So, what happened to Khaylata?

Okay, what?

It's been a while because of college, you're going to have to tell me THIS story.

WE'VE GOT OURSELVES A HEALSLUT BOYS
READY YOUR BONERS

in all seriousness, there is a Fae race and they look pretty funky, but it's not implemented yet.

Mentalism is damned good healing, so if you want to understand your skillset, practice there. Psychology is also good for healing, but Mentalism is probably going to be your 1st choice because of the lower cooldowns.

Unless Psychology got better cooldowns when I was gone.

Don't you remember? There was that one cringy as fuck pub who ran a God damn maid cafe in Selbure, even advertised it on the forums and shit. I'm pretty sure it was borderline /erp/ at times but fucking boipussy is equivalent to being a deer sympathizer so I never investigated further

Not really. Most of the "x skill refresh cooldown of Y skill" got removed. Psych is still a good contender for healer skill with mods though.

I'm glad that the farm animal player racism we implemented is still going strong!

We need that sort of conflict in an adventurous world.

Also can't wait to min max the shit out of some characters. Hopefully gonna get me a vampire werewolf dragon lich elemental bat-spider gorgon necromancer up in here when this game's on the roll.

I will be your final boss, oh knee-chan

Shit's great.

That [spoiler]and running around after a pig collecting his tithe and composing ballads[/spoilers] was everything I did in the game since the combat itself didn't interest me much outside of the grindan - I ain't letting my only shtick turn to dust.

Have they made any improvements to the game? Character creation customization options of some kind? Lowering the insane fucking grind? Less emptiness to the world?

I made a simple list, and we have been discussing exactly this nonstop.

Other than beards being visible? Not really.

Nigga unless you mean boring stuff like cheesemaking, we level too fast.

I don't see any changes in this from how it was before, no, with the exception of the Ilmari desert.

What is the most unique/weirdest player class in the game? I want to play as something interesting and fun.

Probably something like Frost Magic/Shield. You'll need to play for a while to unlock frost magic though. I don't think I've ever seen a necro/hammer either.

What the fuck are you talking about? You have to kill like a hundred fucking panthers just to get a skill to level up. Now, if I have a quest to go kill the Panther God, I'm fine trudging through ten thousand Panthers to get to his dumbass. Not so much wandering aimlessly.

Really, who thought removing quests was a good idea?

Speaking of leveling too fast, is caligraphy less butt-fucking retarded to get now? I seriously just want to post myself in the Guild Hall and run the reception desk, pinning quest and requests on a notice board and keep the books as well as charge a 25% guild comission on any rewards obtained out of said quests / requests

Werewolf/Necromancer or any magic class.

You're a dude who can turn into a wolf (and has weaknesses to silver and wolfsbane, so you can't wield silver weapons without harm) and you can summon skeletons and drain health.

I never got past Level 20 or so. I was high enough level to write books, but I couldn't do shit because I had no fucking money left, and I couldn't sell anything in my inventory because of the bullshit caps on vendor gold.

Removing quests? Also we /do/ level up quite quickly the combat skills. The trick is that you never ever grind combat skills in specific, you grind something else(like skinning) and that'll improve your skills naturally. Or you do dungeons, because doing stuff alone wields less exp.

I have no idea, sorry.

Get favor with them, I have a few vendors on tab that restock 80k+ money every week.

Yeah, quests. The things where an NPC comes up to you and says, "Oh damn, I wish someone would save my village from the dragon", and then you go out and kill the fucking dragon.

Most trainers or vendors have a couple of quests

???

Might be worth getting back into then.

I just like being cute and helping people. Also I love fairies. Not enough games have 'em, especially playable ones.
I'll probably pick up both skills and be ready to switch one out for another skill when needed.

Just what is this magical game?

sssssssssssssssssslut
I know, it's good if not goddamned needed to have a healer on a team.
My favored combination is Necromancy and Mentalism (healing), because if you have boney friends, it's good to keep them high in calcium

I'd probably go full cleric if I could. I really hate the undead.

There's also a skill in dying.

Potentially, that skill will be used in becoming a lich, maybe.

You get bonuses depending how you died and what new ways you found to die, and level ups in the skill give you max health bonuses and if you die enough, you can die again to acess a special death area to teleport to the starting town if you wish.

Whatever you want it to be, user.
keep in mind you need to unlock stuff for it to appear in the list and I didn't unlock a lot of stuff yet

I really hate the healslut meme. Anyway, I have max psych, can give you some in-game tips and run you through a few dungeons - because leveling both psych and mentalism at the same time isn't quick.

Mentalism and Hammers if you want D&D cleric, Mentalism and Psychology for pure healer and there might be more healing skill trees in the future. Here's a hint if you're starting out: Psychology is simple, it begins at the start, but if you want to get mental, take some shrooms!

Necromancy comes with good health draining spells, which works great for me. Always liked the type of character that could play both sides of the magic game

I always dreamed of a game where everything was a levelable skill. Do all of those have a meaningful impact on gameplay?

Keep in mind this game in in alpha still, and being made by a guy and his wife. That said, most of these do give synergy bonuses to other skills and/or give you access to stuff. Some are crafting professions(like carpentry - chairs and stuff give comfy buffs, they also make crates which work as deployable chests, wooden boxes that fletchers use to dry arrows, etc); others unlock stuff in the world(like the languages allowing you to talk to certain NPCs or industry letting you set your own shop and make work orders to other players to fulfill); give passive buffs when you do certain stuff(gourmand increases bonuses you gain from eating food); serve as secondary skills to buff other skills(meditation gives access to unarmed combos, caligraphy improves your swordskills[yes, it's strange but that strangeness is explored by the very person who teaches you the skill]); allow you to get resources for crafting/selling(skinning, butchering, mining, surveying), or are simply autism magnets with few minor buffs to other stuff because the skills they are supposed to help most haven't been fully implemented yet(lore, civic pride,dying - the last one is actually quite fun because you stop gaining xp from the same deaths after a while, and it keeps track of all your deaths); the quality of life skills(teleportation for instant travel,first aid/armor patching for heals, dye making to change color of equipment etc) and finally, the combat skills.

Wait, we can now create orders and shit for other players to fullfill and got some proper crafting? How far off are we from recreating Wall Street with enough autism and dedication?

Forgot to mention you can become certain animals in-game. the OP image about pigs healing wasn't a joke. Bosses curse you in-combat, and if you don't kill them or use an expensive item, said curse lasts forever - one of them is becoming a cow, other a spider, etc. There's also bats, deers, pigs and werewolves. Every single one of these is a combat skill in-game.

Considering that us at our peak were half the active population of this game? Not very.

Everything is useful in some way because they impact other stats. For example, art history lets you identify certain categories of loot that drop. For example, statues or paintings. This increases their value, and actually makes sense if you think about it. Art history also gives you skill ups in artistry. Artistry is mostly unimplemented, I think, though it will probably let you create paintings at random and the like.

So let's see here. I would need calligraphy for proper book keeping, writing down requests and quests for others to pick, notices, transaction histories, contracts, and a slew of other paper work stuff and I am going to need carpentry to get my comfy vibe going - as well as learn caligraphy. What other skills would be required to make a proper guild hall a reality?

If you need an invite to the guild, I'm standing on top of the weird mushroom elf's house in Serbule.

Other than the coding to help the dev implement guildhalls faster? We'll need piles of cash, because we can't be skeleton kings without it. So get your jew on and start to ripoff the players asap.

Neckromancer, Haz here. My game crashed. Sorry bout that

Now I know what you guys mean by karma.

I rember having fun with this game.

Frankly I don't remember shit other then playing music by the well

It was a lot fun, but I doubt you'll ever get a group together that compares to the first time we had a go with it. I'm sad to see it's pretty much the same as we left it, the way they were talking as the open testing period came to a close inspired a lot more confidence in what it could have become with a year or two's time. Glad I didn't back it now in any case, reminds me of the way Cubeworld went. I wish I had any screenshots left.

I remember you. I think the pig's name started with a J.

Jarsiijyax or something like that.

about to finish downloading the client

a-are people still playing?

Gloria Victis has an even smaller team, are Pollacks, and have been working on it for less time and visually it shits all over this game.

for fuck's sake

Yeah, the GMs are completely unfuckingbearable. Why I left the first time.

It's best to stay out of global chat, the levels or retardation are otherworldly.

Sokay, my family got into an argument and couldn't play fro a while.

fucking elections.

fags, anyone in? i want to join the guild, im starting a new character

Sorry amigo, I've got work for the next 8 hours, and d&d afterwards

nigger

I would do it if I was an officer

I'll probably be popping in later, been forever since I played but I think I'm still an officer. Leave your username here and I'll invite.

Can you still not play as a gorgon in this?

redhead here i'll be back once i redownload the game

If someone needs invite I'll be on for a while, look for bat near well.

I hope they make monster/animal cities a thing in the future, or at least make it so you can disguise yourself as a human with magic

okay niggas redhead in. did you make a new guild or are you all still on the old one? nobody answered me in game

I think most are still in the old guild

well i'm in game building up howling buffs while people dance and sing

I'll have to farm wool so I can learn how to dance, can't play music as a bat

Gas the deer species war now

Gas all the farm animals

hey, I remember you. Bring back Knot

We'll see. Frankly, no one expected so many of us to play the game in the first place, and at one point we had 40+ guild members online at the same time.

Plus, there's still a lot of people who have never played this. It's worth for them to check on/play it.

Isn't that the 19 emails guy?

Yes. I'm working rightnow, but should be online later today. Timezones and stuff.

Isn't that already implemented? Also kudos for getting into an argument in your first 5 minutes, user.

About the GMs: small game with small community. They are scared shitless of the server going deserted, because they put a lot of time and effort into it. So hide your powerlevel outside the guild chat.

Not yet.

user, there's an animal city implemented already. I have no idea where it is because I'm not a deergenerate. Look it up on the wiki.

What's this about guild quests? Yiffkitty here, downloading the newest update now.

Hi there, you freaking furry. Good to see you, bro.

Guild quests are exactly what it says on the tin. The ones I know involve killing a great number of strong creatures(50+). You earn guild points, which for now are used to buy rare items on the guild signpost. On the future it'll be used to expand guild space, more storage and other bonuses.

Hey there you glorious purple faggot. You ready to cause havoc for the mods again

I'm a bat fam

Na Na Nana Na nanana batfam

i made a new char and am in newbie island, invite me to the guild, and kick CapedBaldy i wont be using that character anymore

fuck forgot to write my name, Gulbrand

Well fuck.
I haven't killed a single deer in almost six months. brb, downloading this shit.

We need to update the google doc asap. Almost all our advice to newbies is useless now since stuff changed.

oh shit that's me!

Remember when some faggot got so mad he made like 5 alts with our names and spammed chat with bullshit to make the server hate us?

Fun times.

Hah I forgot about that shit. Good times indeed

How much progress has this fag made in 6 months? He needs another guy on his dev team or something.

He definetly needs more people

There's little to no excuse. Just launch it as an EA title, get Steam $, give MO players a game that isn't shit to go to with good concepts, and they can hire ~10 more people.

I'd rather take the shit we have now than let EA make any choices when it comes to production

invite TryroneBiggins when you get the chance

also this game is pretty unpolished but I like the fact that I can just punch and kick niggas to death

*raises hoof*
I-is this game linux compatible?
*his floppy horse ears perk up and he looks at you expectantly, waiting for an answer*

He meant Early Access, user.

I hate you

I do believe there is a Linux launcher

Oh, shit
Well they did try and do that, if I remember it was supposed to hit steam last year

Early Access; most could make that distinction because I said "Steam".

Well it hasn't yet. I don't know what the holdup is.

Can you play as a fairy

Yeah I should have realized that, I'm an idiot

Not YET

did that one guy who spent alot of money on the kickstarter get his land put into the game yet?

it was fun coming up with the lore of that

Speaking of dead MMO.

someone should revive this again, server is still up and will be forever

go make your own thread, fag

upset devcuck detected.

wewlad

You're kind of hijacking a thread amigo

not really, no one is forced to talk about game X.

the game looks really boring, no wonder it's dead

top kek, its nearly 14 years old you fucking retard.

but you're not wrong either, it IS boring because its dead, in a cyberpunk dystopia, the least you would expect is people walking around on some giant neon city, however that is not happening anytime soon.

you know, i have a hard-on for all things cyberpunk, go make a thread about this game and maybe you can get some anons to play, i'll do it if im not alone

well i'm about to head out but I'd love to make a thread, I think I also have the game installed somewhere, had a lot of good memories on this, you can purchase apartments, hear the sounds of the rain coming down your apartment's window, shits comfy as fuck, you can also do custom decoration or whatnot, but I was never focused on that part because most of which decoration would only matter if you had people to invite over, hence the revival, it would add to the great experience.

Go make your thread or shill on the kronos thread at the very least.

alright shill, you got me, downloading now, one last question, how p2w is it?

from what I know, everything is free, nothing is pay to win, there is no feature to insert your shekels, not even in the main site.

what
the
fuck

is this a dream?

don't know fam, but it's as free as dwarf fortress, ya just get it and play it still gets updates

My HD crapped itself, and I'm trying to format it. Should be on later folks.

Looks like Anarchy ripoff.

Hazmat here. Game keeps freezing on load in to the lower crypts. Something wrong is happening

Have you tried turning it off and on again? (^:

The fuck are you Serbule faggots doing?

The giant bats are out raping

I'm in, first time playing. projectgorgon.com/forum/support/77-project-gorgon-on-linux this launcher worked for me on linux mint 17.3, except I had to run it 10 times because it kept failing to get a file now and then. Name is AnuddaShoah, exploring the newb island at the moment.

To continue this, my graphics driver seems to be crashing. Luckily, an internet buddy of mine just sold me his old 750TI, so that should be here by Tuesday or so.

how do you get to newb island?

You start there? The island is the tutorial zone if I'm not mistaken

Not sure what happened, but playing MGSV fixed it?

Why don't they accept volunteers or actual people to help?

Are they the cucked sort of people who say "no we can't have anyone else work on the project because it won't match our vision of the game!"

We should all become necromancers with skelebros and make a massive skeleton fest

is there a way to get there if you haven't been there? apparently you have to learn teleportation there

also how do you get animal handling?

Some volunteers do help them but their budget isn't that great and most people don't feel like working on something as demanding as MMO for no monetary compensation.

You can get there via ferry in serb for 300 coins.
There is also a fairy in elt who will teach teleportation, but starter isle is easier as you get an amethyst rather than having to beg/buy or survey for 1

ah, thanks man!

Peace be with the Goyim

lol I saw that grave too

I had freescaled the game window by mistake a few months back, There wasn't any visual bugs so I didn't bother to fix it.

Man, I hate the springfairy set.

this reminds me of when i made everyone go naked and play music/dance at the fountain. did anybody even record it?

das it mane i meant well, do you have the one where yiffkitty i think was a cow and we were banging him in the restaurant or the one where all bards were naked on the water of the fountain playing songs while people danced around?

Huh, there are beholders now.

there have been beholders, but not outside of dungeons.

I AM ONE ANGRY SKELETON!

we'll see

That's me. I think that death was just me getting back to town fast. Is anyone playing for the first time or starting another character? Things would be a lot easier with even 1 more player around my level. Currently I'm farming the spiders in the crypt for skill-ups and gear, trying to get better armor rating gear with the same effects as what I have or better but it's taking forever. Keep getting too much shit I can't/won't use. Currently doing sword and psychology, with gear tuned for max DPS. Mainly the skill Many Cuts, which now hits any target within 5m, has a 30% chance to stun (or more? idk, I have 2 items with that effect and cant tell if it stacks), 10% to deal double damage (or more, again 2 items…), +40 damage to spiders, which is sick cuz base dmg is 20, etc.
tl;dr: get the fuck in here. I'll be on again after 10pm est if anyone wants to hunt crypt or elsewhere or if newbs want off the island or want to farm the boss there.

What do you do to make money, goyims? back then I just went with your guys and did 3-4 dungeon runs a day, for ~15-25k profit every time.

You can do the work orders. Or just hit the dungeon and sell to vendors.

my character never got very far, I could probably farm with you. I was just running the crypts earlier for some loot. just signing off now though, ill be on later

New patch coming soon.
Also bump.

How do I convince my shitter friends

you make new ones

get better friends

Pretty much what said. Understand that each people only like some specific kinds of vydia, and can be complete morons to anything outside that. I have a friend who's still shilling for us to buy that TW:W abomination

Shop online. If you have gems burning a hole in your pocket, whisper Ravi in-game and i'll buy them for more than the NPCs would give you.

C-can I become the Beholders? Also, any tips for someone just about to start out?

Not yet, apparently these were part of the Druid event(they happen sometimes, natural imbalances, and Druids stop getting xp from anything else until the event is over).

Tips for a beginner… test everything to see what you like most. Don't enter the elf pool, it has STDs. Once you leave tutorial island and south serbule, enter the lake - there's a teleport there to a newbie dungeon filled with rats. Check the wiki for stuff. Your equipment drops will almost always be attuned to the skills you have slotted on your skillbar. Open the graphic advanced options and increase your field of view.

Thanks friendo, I'll begin my quest to become the ultimate spooky master of all things arcane.

should have believed the elf when he told me writting the wrong coordinates would send me somewhere fucked

rip

Has the power word system improved any? I felt like that was one of the more interesting things about this game.

I think there aren't any better friends. Sure these people are shitters when it comes to having an open mind, but getting a friend who likes something like gorgon on first sight will no doubt come with some other negative aspects.

Like being a Holla Forums regular

Thank you for reminding me. That was too fucking funny.

Wasn't there some totally broken archery build that some guy used to two-shot Khay? I'd kinda like to do an extreme DPS build. Might make a new character (old one was Traveller).

Make a thread on /cyber/, see if you can rope some schway-azz kobuns into it.

Yes. Back then, Snare arrow(an archer CC ability) had a mod for 15% chance to cause 3.5k damage. It's since been changed to 50% for 350 and another mod for guaranteed 175.

Are there any solidly broken builds right now?

Knife fighting has potential but nothing really hits as hard as before. Spider gets special for flat damage increase but that's about it.

None that I know of. Citan(the main dev) has come really hard on those.

There's still fun stuff you can use, but it requires gear farming/crafting.And for both of these, we need more people.

I feel a strange need to see what happens.

when I last played (about a year ago) psychology and unarmed was the most broken shit. Unarmed lets you stunlock forever with a pretty decent dps, and psychology compliments almost every unarmed ability.

Well, I saw what happened, I regretted nothing. Head became huge, couldn't wear helmets any more.

If you get a couple of dudes to beat the guy, you'll be uncursed.

That's how bosses are in Project Gorgon.

No curse is permanant unless you don't take action to cure it.

Look for some fucks with big heads, they'll help you for sure.

Cancel that call to get the fuck in here. After playing for the last 3 days or so I can safely say the game is shit. Absolute dumpster fire. Nothing to do, no point to doing it. You can visit every area in the game in

Has anyone's character been wiped? I remember the only concrete promise of a wipe was the commercial release of the game, right?

Haw, that was one of the first things that happened to me way back when this game got out of kickstarter

It's funner with other people.
The only reason I joined was because I was excited about Holla Forums having a personal MMO world, which was true for a few months. Then everybody got bored and quit.

Well yeah, that's why I wanted some other people to try it so we could do (or at least attempt to do) fun shit. Then I found out there was no fun shit, just tedium and cancer. I guess I just missed out by not playing it with everyone a few months back. That said, it really is a game with no future; I actually feel bad for the devs. All that effort spent on inane skills and mechanics and huge empty zones, instead of a smaller, simpler, tighter, more cohesive, and solid, if a bit generic, MMO. Mostly just disappointed in the MMO as a genre, not holding out hope for pantheon either, from what I've seen of it so far.

Shit game though. Cookie cutter mmo with trash writing and gameplay. Basically a chatroom with 3d graphics and horrible music.

Add boss curses to the list of half-baked ideas in this game. I saw a lot of people with big heads on the newb island. Very shitty playerbase too. I'm sure the guys at the top end have nothing to do and are desperately lonely and would help a newb out but no one on the island would talk to me save for one dude, people just killing their skellies and spiders. Helped a couple people get un-big-headed though eventually. Got a random group invite once, said something like "hi, what are we hunting?", got no response, group disbands 30 seconds later. People kill-steal constantly, trash mobs, bosses, everything. I guess because shit respawns in 1 or 2 minutes people think it's ok? Killed megaspider a dozen times and only got 1-2 pieces of loot all told (which was trash anyway) because people kept ganking him.

XP gain is based on damage done to mob so people just randomly hit mobs that are already in combat. Also almost nobody on newbie island is newbie but rather someone rolling new character, game population is almost exclusively the same people that were playing when the game went open - that's why economy is so fucked, too.

But you're right that almost everything in game is half baked and in "could be cool if it had one more year of development" stage.
Dev didn't work on EQ but on DAoC.

As for the armour colours - most otherwordly colour combinations have to be applied on armour by player so yea, most people go for bondage latex looks out of their own volition.

That's a lot of effort to shit on the game, user. Good to see it triggered your autism so hard.

I was the one who told you to look one of the stuff you asked in the guildchat on the wiki. You then proceed to sperg that the wiki has - gasp - information about the game. Toplel.

So, you're >19 emails or >2 vocaroos, user?

No wipe will happen to most skills, at most some commercial ones according to the devs.

>lies about kill stealing and loot because he has no idea how the mechanics work

Are you trying to enter the legendary sperg list, user?

There's AIDS on the pool.

Thanks for saying what I've said before, albeit in the spergiest manner possible.

In a less retarded manner: The game is not fun. You can say, well, it's fun with other people. Every game is. WoW would be fun with other people. TOR would be fun with other people. Even GW2 is presumably fun with other people. The problem is, the game requires you to do a lot of stuff that you can't do communally.

Consider Guild Wars. You can move from zone to zone of constant questing and combat with a group. Selling your loot is an easy thing that can be done fairly quickly. When you have the money and materials, which you acquire organically through questing to a certain level, you can make new armor and put on some runes and insignias of your choice.

In this game, you have to go from vendor to vendor, make sure your favor is decent with them, trade out certain items for that favor instead, and so on. Your gear comes from the loot, rather than being based off of your own customization choices, forcing you to grind if you want the most applicable stuff. Your skills are very slow to level because of the lack of any real form of quest XP, with the exception of when entering into dungeons. Nothing is organic. More so, the number of non-combat skills means you'll be spending additional time focusing on those, and having your money get eaten away to buy quills or whatever the hell else.

Now, I admit, this could have changed since I last played - I started up a new character to check for improvements, and couldn't find any, but didn't touch my old guy - but the main issue with dungeons was the ridiculous respawn times of this game. You can't establish staging grounds, you can't pause, you have to keep pushing on in a ridiculous wave of murder. And when you're downed, it's right back to the beginning, to push through the same wave of previously defeated monsters all over again. This is a terrible design philosophy.

The combat is not very fun. Some combos and so on exist, but most are locked to other skills and to your wallet. Sword+Calligraphy is the best example. You want to use combos? You're going to have to spend money on that, faggot. It wouldn't make any sense to just let your character, I don't know, get more powerful from being more skilled. What a joke that is. The dual skill combo also locks you out of a lot of possible gear. Oh joy, new armor. Except it needs Fire Magic and Sword, and I only have Unarmed and Sword. The fact that it looks terrible doesn't really help.

The greatest crime is enemy variance. I'm not talking about appearance, as that is a given with MMOs. I mean in terms of abilities. Outside of their Rage attack, most enemies have a very similar set of abilities. You have archers, sword users, mages, and all basically require the same tactics. I'll compare it again to Guild Wars, where different enemies would have different combinations of skills modeled after your own PC skills, and would work together to make them the most effective. You had to play smart and had to use the right strategy to take them down. None of this is present in Project: Gorgon.

The game was fun as a one-off note with other Holla Forumsirgins a year ago, but that's all it was.

Can you please elaborate on this? I mean, gear usually comes from loot/craft in mmos and you do gear based on the skills you picked to use.

If you bury a body, it respawns twice as fast.

There's a ress ability and one really rare self-ress item. I don't see the problem in being sent back if you pick to respawn though, again compared to other mmorpgs.

Skills are interwined, yes. You can play Sword without Caligraphy, but to unlock /everything/ you do need it. Same with Unarmed and Meditation. Fire/Frost Magic need to ressarch new spells. Archery requires arrows which you can make with fletching, etc. Not all skills are like that, though - like Psychology, Animal handling or Necromancy.

The entire concept of the game is unlocking more/new skills and gaining cross bonuses from them. I can understand why someone might not like it though, and if you dislike that, this game is not for you.

Skill levels allow you to unlock new abilities and give you bonuses in health and power, so you do get stronger.

This has since been changed, now 9/10 of the loot drops are attuned to the two skills you have slotted on your skillbar most equipment still looks bad though

It was never meant to be "the next big thing" or did it even sell itself as "the wowkiller" or anything, user. It's a comfy game being made by a man and his wife. This thread isn't here to say "HEY ANONS COME PLAY THIS IT'S THE BEST MMO EVER TREE OF SAVIOUR A SHIT". It's hardly above critic because of that and a lot of stuff suck, yes, but anyone who enters it with AAA budget expectations is being plainly stupid.

I found the man of culture and taste.

reminder that pigs are best class

Interesting choice of skills.

i was a warrior at first, drank the pig juice without knowing what it does
i didn't choose the pig life, the pig life chose me

All this damage control. Game's dead, guild's dead, bro. Better luck in the next MMO, eh?

I want to thank all you goyim for using my shop, made 47k in two days.

Hand-rubbing intensifies

Nigga, nobody's denying that game is unfinished and mostly dead but since Holla Forums made up nearly 50% of the server population we just fucking adopted the game and check it out now and then when bigger update hits.

I remember this. I was some cat named ThunderFurry because mods started squelching everyone who mentioned Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Wind Seeker. They also handed out squelches for discussing whether or not futa is gay. The game was supposed to go pay to play after the kikestarter ended, right?

I'm re-downloading this right now to see what's up
Planning to go staff/necro.

Kikestarter ended and game is still free, Steam just didn't happen.

Pretty good combo, just have skeledons and super zombie up at all times and you can basically tank and permastun everything.

New patch is up, mostly bugfixes and necro pets got the nerfstick.

Aw shit, I'll miss my 1k health Skellies.

Fine, I'll install it again. You faggots better play longer than a day this time though.

I'm just torn between starting fresh or continuing on my somewhat new but invested character.

I just started a new character.

Is… is it down? I was playing and I got brought back to the login screen.

I think I'll do that too just to keep it fresh a bit more.

The question is, do I go the normalfag, furry or ERP race?

and thus, my time spent leveling mycology has finally started to pay off

Comparing ss13s chemistry, grenade, and virology systems, how much leeway does Gorgon have for that sort of shittery, ?

there's only a small handful of poisoned food recipes so not much at all, the poisoned result is completely identical to the non-poisoned version, down to the item description

Except the poison versions don't have the healing stats listed… Which takes up a lot of space

I feel ashamed that I'd have fallen for it. In any case, yeah, it's the same thing except it doesn't show the bonuses like said.

Is there any benefit to doing autopsy?

Some bonuses to gathering shit from animals, some bonuses to archery or something.

Your ability to critical hit as an Archer depends directly on your Anatomy skill. Yes nigga, you have different crit chances depending on how well you know the monster's body.

Also it allows you to see who did how much damage to each mod, which is useful for testing purposes and dickwaving.

You can tell what the weaknesses are of enemies, which is really damned important because in this game enemies are immune and highly resistant to certain types of damage.

Being a Necromancer in the crypt leaves you with one attack you can use against skellys, which was specifically made so you would not be useless against them.

Necro/Fire's the only way to go if you're hitting up the crypt and want to farm bones for summoning.

Yes, that was me that gave you the poisoned beets. Eat them and enjoy your death xp.

I really think they fucked themselves in the ass hard with the 15 minute AFK timer. Now that people can't afk, if they have to leave for a short time for whatever reason it will log them out and they are more likely to think "whatever I can't be assed to log back in" rather than continuining.

The result? 30 player average on the whole server and no trades

Agreed.