Totem Tribe II: Jotun developer

Hello, komrades. Developer here looking for a feedback regarding his game in development.
(Who am I kidding, I am looking for people to mock me without even trying the game)
Before I even started - the game is F2P, so don't be shy and tell me what a greedy piece of shit I am. Don't miss the chance to do it up straight.

Still reading instead of rushing towards the keyboard to toss shit at me? Good. Let me tell you about the game.

While the game is MMORTS at it's core sort of Civilization meets Age of Empires, we've tried to mix up all the genres together we were able to grab with our twisted hands.
On top of traditional 4X flavor we have added solid RPG elements. No, it's not just leveling up your hero and pretending he is some kind of King of whatever. I am talking about
old-school RPG stuff like in Baldur's Gate, where there are non-linear quests and characters you can have non-linear conversations with. The conversations and available actions are based on stats and things you did before, i.e. characters may flirt with you if you show up naked and all that kinky stuff.

Aside strategy and RPG there are also numerous smaller bits like puzzles, a bit of crafting, adventuring, even hidden-object seeking your grandma loves to mess with.
I could go on and on about how awesome our game is (and honestly who would spend 5 years of precious life developing steaming pile of shit), but I would rather post some screenshots and wait for questions.

The game is currently in closed alpha stage limited to selected testers since I don't think our servers can handle any reasonable load yet, but I will take a chance and open access for the limited time for you komrades following this link:

totemtribe.com/land/8ch/?rr=gginv4#content

beware - a lot of marketing (albeit truthful) bullshit there.

INB4 pay2win

Other urls found in this thread:

virustotal.com/ru/file/2dfe074db15ec9cbf6467b91b561a6ce4aeb1b65a03462e51b94708fd2dc0b58/analysis/
virustotal.com/ru/file/473cef6a7dcf5db05cab81f45a69fcab3acaf54f371ea37bf63ef9c6419005ff/analysis/
enkord.com/
totemtribe.com/news/random-dungeons/?rr=gginv4
deadhomersociety.com/tapped-in/tsto-1/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I know how you feel, komrade, but it's not like those soulless money grabs that internet is filled with. It's a heartwarming… money grab. j/k.
Seriously though I am working hard to keep the balance in order so it won't turn into P2W and I think I am suceeding so far, but who's gonna believe me, right?

Is this one of those amazing waiting games where you pay money to not wait?

Screenshots are nice and all, but why are they shit resolution, and where the webm's at?

Also, you might want to visit >>>/agdg/ and make a thread there if you want criticism.

My piece of criticism is the one you probably expected already: It looks like a cheap-ass browser game, that, worst of all, I actually have to download. As much as developing a game that runs in your browser is a pain, you should seriously consider it if its possible. It significantly lowers the barrier to entry.

Lastly, free2play market has moved away to other places.
You either make f2p games for smartphones, or you make f2p games for BR's and russians. US/EU generally doesn't care much anymore since all those casuals already have smartphones to waste their time with.

Polite sage for not actually showing off gameplay.

Well, in PVP strategy where thousands of players play at the same time you have to either slow the game down to the point where everyone will have enough time to do their orders or you will have the game where those who have 24/7 to spend on the game will steamroll those who don't. We took a first route, but added various side activities like quests, conversations, puzzles, exploration, etc which happen without major waiting and actualy building/attacking sandbox part becomes kinda the meta-game.

I'm gonna play it.
Currently installing

Don't you be a jew about it.

This is how the world map looks like. This one is fully uncovered, but you need to explore it to remove fog of war just like in Civilization. You can find some places of interest in it - like globals, town of other players and most improtantly - quest locations where you can travel and explore their contents.

BTW, the game is not browser or mobile, it's a Windows PC download.

Let me know any impressions or questions you might have while doing so, komrade.

The game has naval warfare too. Here are some basic ships in pace.

Yeah okay heres a need
Windowed mode.
I can't be doing with this.

sorry, hit enter prematurely:

Windowed mode that doesn't fuck up every resolution on the face of the planet when you Alt+Enter

Hero equipment. The industrial stuff is in the backpack, Classical Age items equipped.

Fine
It's pretty fun.

Do me a favor.
Add a dinosaur robot to the game.

Why would you shill your game in here?

Not only is the game genre is completely out of the norm for the audience here, you will have practically zero attach rate and exposure.

While I am not interested in the game itself consider distributing the torrent of the game directly instead of having to go through the p2p downloader.

Dinosaur robot? Hm… that would be a good addition to the killer mushrooms and flying coffins we have there already. I will probably add them to my todo list right after sabertooth bunnies.

Promise me you little shit.
Promise me you'll put a cyborg dinosaur in there.

Yeah, I know it may look like a primitive casual experience, but the game has pretty deep mechanics underneath which can be tough even for hardcore players. It's easy to learn but difficult to master. Here I am trying to get a slightly different point of view I am normally hear from casuals.

Give us a fucking webm mate There are things that look kind of interesting, and there are thing that I dislike, it would be better if you actually showed us how the mechanics work, then you might gain some interest

Seems interesting mate can I be a kang?

Those aint niggas everyone knows the Egyptians was niggas n shit

Those are customizeable hero dolls, you can make them whatever you like.

That is exactly what it is. The first screenshot has a progress bar with a fast forward button.

Hero creation screen as minimalistic as it gets

thanks for not letting me know until after I downloaded and registered, OP.

Alright, so how do you make money out of it, OP? I don't expect you to spend 5 years developing a game without wanting some of those shekels in return, so how do you get them in this game?

Cool story, bro.

I don't see an issue with this. People who play a game more should, naturally, do better at the game. If you put in any waiting, you'll achieve two things:
1) your game will only by played by casuals
2) those who set their alarm clocks every time they start building something will steamroll those who don't. It's the same as not puting in the waiting, except it'll make for a worse experience for everyone involved.

When I play a game, I want to sit down for several hours, and play uninterrupted. So, far, ALL of these waiting games were more along the lines of: "Give us money, goy, and we'll let you play. Or you can wait and play a grand total of 5 minutes per day, after which you have to wait :^)"

Seeing the screenshot here: I notice a waiting period of more than three fucking hours. What the fucking fuck, OP? Are you REALLY going to claim that all your "side activities like quests, conversations, puzzles, exploration, etc" will last for over 3 hours every time I decide to do anything? Why are you such a shitty liar, and a faggot to boot? Did you ever play similar waiting games? Were you having fun? If so, then you're a fucking braindead retard and need to get off this board, and if not, then why the fuck are you making ==YET ANOTHER FUCKING ONE?==

The fast forward button next to every waiting bar clearly tells that the aim of the waiting isn't balance, as you claim, but jewing whales, because I bet you'll find a handful who WILL play 24/7 and pay for every fucking waiting bar, and steamroll everyone else.

Why, OP? Why are you such a sack of shit? I can tell you're trying to be innovative, yet you chose to implement the worst fucking bullshit in the MMORTS genre!

If you have used the link provided above it should have acted as invitation so no extra invites needed. Must be something broken on our side. Anyway, I went ahead and approved everyone who registered today. Sorry about confusion.

Downloading the game now. Tell me, what features haven't been implemented so I know what to expect?

Fix your site, faggit

Fair enough komrade, ofcourse I want to get dat ferrari eventually. The game has cash shop just like any f2p game, but this time around I decided to go generous instead of greedy way and give away as much free items, no paywalls, no locked content, the strategy was to have people stick around and if happy, people will pay eventually - and it worked flawlessly in the long term. The game is in closed alpha for the last 2 years and those people who started with us back then still playing the game and supporting us financially. Was much better choice than milking as much as possible right away until people will quit of frustration.
I've also talk often to some top hardcore players who do not spend a single cent by principle, to make sure their gameplay still comfortable and fun.

My principle is to make games that are great when playing for free, but awesome if you spend some bucks. But of course its up to you whether to believe me or not. Who knows, maybe I have sidelocks.

How big is the team and how many members treat it as a part time work?

oh so it's going to be impossible to catch up too lol

It's life, komrade, like it or not. As you can see, this game is Totem Tribe 2. 2!!! First one was a fixed price casual strategy and we were fucked up by everyone. Fucked by players, who pirated our game, fucked by portals, who chose not to promote it, because of their internal kitchen. By the time we were about to make #2, it was clear whether you embrace the modern trends (f2p) or play lottery - whether you will be featured / get proper word of mouth of will bite the dust. It might be a good option if you are young and restless, but if you are pouring some reasonable money into the development, you want to play a little bit safer. Chosing f2p model allowed us to self-fund the development and limited number of loyal fans supported the development early on. Humans are selfish creatures, even if they love something, they will a have hard time supporting it financially unless they will get something in return. You don't have to be greedy with f2p, it's just a tool which you can use or abuse.

Speaking about waiting times - believe it or not, but it's always been our top priority to give people something to do while the long tasks progress to minimize (and eventually eliminate) unskipable waiting. I've played those other games you mentioned and I am trying to build the one which will take the best parts of them (massive scale, strategy) and will fix the worst (waiting, repetitiveness, monotonousness)

We are 6 full-time people plus couple of freelancers. Basically pic related.

No, we wipe the progress from time to time when really big update (like new age) is deployed. Usually alpha-test stage runs for 6 months. Current stage was started 3 months ago, but you will be placed among other newbies, established players will be a bit further from you, plus our community quite friendly and tries to leave newbies alone if they see you have only one undeveloped hero.

Thanks, man. I'm about an hour into your game, so here are my first impressions.

1. Can I rotate the buildings? This is something fairly small, but aesthetically, this displeases me.
2. A research bar that is visible on the screen at all times would be useful at all times so I don't need to go to the science screen every time I want to know how soon I'm going to discover something.
3. Having the task queue being full after just one thing in the queue feels counter-intuitive and an oxymoron. If I do not have the manpower to accomplish a certain task at the moment, I want to put it in a queue to be accomplished afterwards, that's the whole point of a task queue. I can't help but feel like I will have to pay cash to expand my queue.
4. Doors that block a portion of the map that require a key? Do I have to buy this key, Gabe?
6. Tom-toms and banners to speed up production? Ambrosia and nectar to level? Microscope, Sextant, arithmometer to speed up research? If you are going to have me buy items that will give me a clear advantage over other players down the line, than why not just have to be a single type of resource. It all represents the same thing, cash.
5. The story feels unnecessary and this isn't a welcomed trend in mmos. It feels intrusive. Fetch Quests? Why? A window to keep track of quest details (number of melons gathered so far) doesn't appear, I have to open up my inventory to keep track. Big floating word bubble that blocks a good chunk of the screen telling me where the melon is ( relax, I'll get to it.)

I don't feel like I'm the demographic for this game, which is a shame because I really enjoy the concept. I want to play a game where I advance a civilization from the smallest tribal state into
a large empire with no objective end state, but this just doesn't get into all the nit and gritty details I want, which it certainly gives the player plenty of time to. If you want to know a good way of keeping the players constantly preoccupied while they wait for something to get finished, I'd recommend taking a look at Dwarf Fortress. You'd have so many details you have to concern yourself with, you'd have to constantly pause the game to buy yourself time.

I'll post some more once I'm finished researching taming, so I can research observation and progress down the tutorial path the game sets up for me like the good boy it wants me to be.

Yet waiting is still present in abundance, and you ask for money to skip it. And it's not going to get better, because that will be your main cash cow – people paying to wait less. What you're saying sounds nice, but in the end, no matter how one looks at it, we're still left with the waiting bullshit. I'll try to break this down:
As a player, I want to play a game and have fun. You know what's not fun? Waiting for three hours. I don't want to pop in for ten minutes every day, set a few tasks, and leave - that's as far from fun as one can get. You say you've got side activities, quests, etc., but unless you spent the last two years doing nothing but writing questchains, I can't imagine I could sit down and do these things for five hours straight every day without them running out or repeating. In a single player game, when the quests and similar run out, you go seek another game. In MMOs, you focus on player to player interaction, but from what you showed, that is barred behind long wait bars.

Nevermind. Found the key.

Fair enough, komrade. The interface is clumsy and we are working on making it better.

That's totally possible, the story is only an option for those who need it, but if you don't care, when tutorial ends you will be on your own and will be able to advance the civilization up to the industrial age with submarines and bombers. The game allows numerous play styles - some are embracing the story and play this game like a single player one, others skip the story and focus on tech advancement, others rush into PVP and so on.

The game has 6 victory types possible and Adventure Victory is only one of the six. The others are Science Victory, War Victory, Culture Victory, Wealth Victory, Expansion Victory. Unfortunately onle Wealther and War ones are implemented right now, but we are working on the rest.

Alright im going to check it out

Because we don't want to have you buying chash. If you will chose to - you can, but otherwise all those items are available for free in the game here and there. There are no items (except cosmetics-only) available for cash that cannot be obtained for free otherwise. Having those various items for various functions allows us to give them away more generously.

I am going to sleep now, if this thread survives the night, I will gladly answer any further questions in the morning.

Looks like shit

Puzzle moves so slow. Is the time on the puzzle necessary?
I'm just finding it difficult to be motivated to do all these side missions. Sure it won't be key progressing in the game?
The tutorial section is overstaying its welcome.
The shouting whenever I place the banner is starting to get grating.
I'm enjoying certain aspects of the game, the exploration of the world map has me curious and excited at the potentials it holds. Please don't let me down.

I really think you aren't bridging the gap between rpg, rts, and city manager, but falling in it.
Just having microtransactions is making me paranoid in general. I'm seeing too much potential for it left and right, and I think it has a lot of other anons riled up, too.
The sad thing is, overall, this seems competently put together. You are actually have some talent, more so than the average indie dev. You guys are just tackling on something that seems to be too large and stretching yourselves too thin to really make something amazing.
If you guys were to make something a bit more niche, focused, and constrained , I think you guys have the potential to make a great game, even if it won't be the highest selling one.

Just having it available to players does not balance the playing field.
If others can easily have more by just buying it, they have the clear advantage in the game.

Can you put a options menu in the launcher, I am tired of games booting up in unsupported screen resolutions when 1920 x 1080 is like one of the most common screen resolutions.

The game locked me out of my keyboard short-cuts. I was convinced you gave me a virus until the hard reset was pushed which closed the program.

It should pick one of the supported ones automatically. Can you describe what happened? A black screen? What kind of hardware with what kind of native resolution do you have? Is it a monitor/laptop/tablet?
As a last resort you can press Alt+Enter to switch into windowed mode to be able to get to options later. The inability to use hardware shortcuts sounds weird to. You should have been able to Alt+Tab or Ctrl+Alt+Del just fine.

My Antivirus stole your game off of me, it's in a lab somewhere being analised. Your game better be good.

I am not saying cash does not give advantage. Ofcourse it does, otherwise people would not spend money. The question is what kind of advantage does it bring over other players and how fair it is in general and that's where it's interesting. You say the balance would suffer because of it, but there are a lot of other things in the game which influence the balance much more. For example your world map placement has far more important influence than your spendings - strategic water access, global resources, neighbors - all these things influence the game much more than cash.

By saying "balance" you are implying the competition between players are sort of fair like they can engage 1 vs 1 or team vs team or something like that. If there would be duels in this game, the cash would make a major difference, but in reality the interactions here are more like skirmish, rather that the duels. Here anyone can attack anyone else almost at any time so it's not important whether you spend cash and whether you are super-strong alone - multiple free players can still bring you down. If you want to participate actively in PvP you will have to team up with other players into alliances, craft relationships with neighbors, etc. Cash advantages are watered down significanly because of this and it is treated more like convenience stuff rather than something which allows you to pwn others.

Black screen, and the words unsupported resolution was floating around.
I did alt tab, alt-enter, ctrl alt delete.
I was completely locked out of using any keyboard short cut.

If there is just configure launch options in the launcher, or an ini file I could use in the folder. It would limit these kind of first launch issues.

Unfortunately due to self-updating nature of the game, some antiviruses doing false positives too often, especially when heuristics enabled. No point in contacting the antivirus manufacturers, because by the time they react we will release an update and the problem resolved on itself.

To make you feel safer here are the recent game executables analyzed with all antiviruses online:

core.exe:
virustotal.com/ru/file/2dfe074db15ec9cbf6467b91b561a6ce4aeb1b65a03462e51b94708fd2dc0b58/analysis/

Enkord Update Agent.exe:
virustotal.com/ru/file/473cef6a7dcf5db05cab81f45a69fcab3acaf54f371ea37bf63ef9c6419005ff/analysis/

0 out of 52 different antiviruses found a virus

It was fixed fast, now I'm just waiting to see how shit your game is.

The confg is in C:\ProgramData\Enkord\Totem Tribe 2\
it's config.xml, but before editing it and launching again, please post the contents of the hgelog.txt found there, I am curious why you have such problem, maybe it will give a clue.
Which Windows version do you have?

I can't asnwer that because I have no idea which puzzle are you referring to. The contents of towns are randomized and there are numerous puzzles in the game. Aside the first one in the tutorial (which is skipable if you fail too much), all puzzles there are optional.

You will get free items and experience here and there which will help you to boot-strap your country and will have something to do while you wait. I am strongly suggesting doing advisor quests at least - doing them will put your first town in decent shape and you will also get a lot of items which will allow you to transition into the later parts of the game easier. They will also guide you into settling the second town which.

I agree, the tutorial is a little bit too intrusive. We have plans to make it more subtle.

That's a good point from the side. I am used to it so not annoyed. I will make that sound volume significanltly lower.

I'm referring to the tile slide puzzle. The tiles move incredibly slow as they are being switched.

have any lewds?

I need to be invited, the page linked just lets me dl, and so far nothing else.

She need to wear less

After you download and install, there is a registration link inside the game.

I already registered, now it just says I can't play when I log in.

Probably you haven't confirmed your email. I see your account has confirmed email and auto-approved too. You should be able to play now.

Don't worry about it then, we don't have time-limited puzzles. If limited, they are usually move-limited.

I would test it out but I don't have an iphone/android, sorry OP.
Looks good though

I'd rather play single player. Multi player be optional.

It's a Windows PC download.

That's what I meant. Move limited. I was just a bit frustrated when I typed that because the puzzle reset itself when it was just about finish.
When I noticed the gauge, I thought it was showing how close I was to completing it.

Actually the game is designed the way it plays like a single-player with story and stuff. Some people like to have clear goal and we are giving it to them. Also there is the collectivism politics which suitable for players who want to play on their own. It will give you 300% bonus to defense while penalizing the offence. This will give you time to explore single-player part of the game.

Oh, it looks like some cashgrab p2w mobile game

Did you copy those sprites for the wood and ore resources from Heroes of Might and Magic III?

The visuals are kind of nasty, look like a PS1 game with the goofy character units and UI looks shit.

Also
You know that Russia is an oligarchy, right?
Do you even understand the vast difference between that and dictatorship?

Ok so what we know so far

OP you should make outright make "cuckoldry" mandatory techtree of social egalitarianism.

All modern socially possessive techs should destroy your productively

"mass migration" {+Instant population} and {-production}{+insurrection}

"Social justice courses" {-threat} {-production} {-population growth} {-scientific advancement}

"Jews allowed to hold positions of authority" {-population growth} {-scientific advancement} {+ Short term economic growth} and the UI becomes fucked up and hard to use.

Also "Sweden YES"{+Instant population}{-population growth} {-scientific advancement}{-production} {-threat} UI becomes completely unusable and {++++Insurrection}

Your game looks like a mobile game for some reason. I can't place it.
Your second image, for example, uses a particular art style that I find repellant, but I have no word to adequately describe it beyond that. Shit just look wrong as hell.

I'm speaking purely visually. I'm not even attempting to engage the mechanics.

Isn't "komrade" a /k/ thing?

Anyways OP, I haven't had a chance to try it and probably won't but I'm gonna disagree with most here on the art style, I think it looks fine. Also, congrats on making a game!

And this is the point where I realized you're just stretching for things you think Holla Forums wants to hear.

Oh it could be, I've never gone to /k/ so I didn't know. But does OP sound like someone who's been on an imageboard before?

Anyway, I find the art style, especially the UI very disgusting because it looks like thousands of mobile games and browser games.

That's an iteresting idea, komrade, but currently the game ends at industrial age which is pre-WW2. Tolerance and shit should come in the next (information age). Can't promise it though as the game is politically incorrect, because so far we have zero black characters and fagotry.
On the upside you can make your country look like a big concentration camp right now. Just look at those lovely commie-blocks on picrelated.

The function of a UI is to easy to read and navigate

Thousands of Mobile games use similar UI because because of simple design and customer familiarity

Thanks OP for reply I'm actually more interested in getting into making games than playing games these days and learning Unity or something and not being just "Ideas guy" ←{to the gas chamber with that guy}

You of any steam groupd or anything??

Yes but the art design of the UI is just ugly. Just saying. It's really goofy looking, unpleasant to the eye.

You are right about the UI being ugly. Unfortunately you cannot make great UI right away, great UI is the result of trial and error where each iteration becoming better and better. Here is an example of how the game looked like 4 years ago. We've came a long way, but we are still working on the UI - it's in the middle of another overhaul right now.

i like your art, it's cozy.
but hate this kind of game

Ok thats good to hear. Just a tip, I think most people would prefer if it wasn't "cartooney" looking.

I hope you & your team keeps up the good work and isn't discouraged by some of the random Anons hurling abuse.

Is there going to a distinct look to the different civilizations "buildings" and "units"???

Perhaps have socialists adopt more utilitarianism or ugly grey depressing housing blocks

Or authoritarianism having very symmetrical or "german ww1-2" aesthetics

Thank you for your kind words. I am not discouraged by having my shit handed back to me, but getting occasional thumbs up is nice.

It's easy to get wild with the ideas, but we are trying to make all buildings look unique with each upgrade level and buildings have 10-20 levels in general. With all the buildings currently in the game we have over 2100 unique building images plus around 1000 more is necessary for the Information and Space ages which are not yet implemented. I don't think we can manage to add variations to those with such a small team like us.

Currently there are no different tribes/civilizations to choose from, but people can throw some uniqueness into their tribe through mutually exclusive tech. For example one tech unlocks cavemen which are good tanks, but it locks out another tech which unlocks witchdoctors (healers). There are numerous other examples of this: ballista and greek fire, chariot and sage, etc.

Nigger did you ever play a pre-2000 PC game?

So there is tech-tree "spirituality"

Will this include "fanaticism"

will it have branching "spirituality" trees like "religion of peace" or "Bushido"

>>>/reddit/

Fuck off gook.

Parasite.

A part of the Renaissance tech tree

A part of the Industrial tech tree

Various climates: desert

Various climates: arctic

That bitch's kopesh is far too big. That shit would weigh a ton and be impossible to swing at people effectively.
The guy's weapon is just retarded. Replace it altogether.

Don't worry so much, komrade, that's a weeaboo kopesh.

Oversized weapons are a bad meme. They should only be used by appropriately oversized dudes.

I mean there is something to be said for absolutely miniature dudes wielding fuckhuge weapons about five times their size, but in general I agree.

Yes? Are you implying that all of them had a hideous cartooney browser game look to them? I could name tons of old strategy games with a good looking UI. Warcraft, Starcraft, Command & Conquer. That's just a few off the top of my head.

I see you don't like our Egypteans. How about Civil War Captain America?

Various climates: grasslands

I think the problem with the invite needed shit is that we'd need to create an account using your invite link instead of just downloading the game using it.

Just now I used the link, downloaded the game, installed it, and clicked create account in client which opened a new browser tab to create an account. After doing all that and activating the account it now says "invite only, bitch".

HGE Started..

HGE version: 1.54
Date: 29.07.2016, 00:05:41

Application: Totem Tribe 2 ALPHA (build Jul 14 2016 16:26:16)
Memory: 4194303K total, 4194303K free

D3D Driver: nvd3dum.dll
Description: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660
Version: 10.18.13.6472
Mode: 1600 x 1024 x X8R8G8B8
Init done.

There isn't a config.xml in the Totem Tribe 2 folder, but there is one in the launcher folder. I configured that one and the game still launches with a unsupported screen resolution.

lewds of pharaoh girl when

oversized weapons have a place in video games by making them distinct. just like boobs

It should be irrelevant. When you use that link it sets up the cookie so when you register later it auto-approves you. Unless you have two browsers and default one which is opened from inside the game is not the same as the one you used to download it. Or you are using "privacy mode" in your browser which does not store cookies. Anyway I have approved players who registered recently so you should be able to play now.

Here's a few pretty basic things you got wrong.

to move your units you right click to place down the flag, and to move the map you left click to drag the screen, but if you left click where you laid down your flag you drag your flag, change that shit, dragging the flag holds no value

When clicking on icons or objects within the game if you move the mouse slightly the click will not register, instead change it so that as long as you release your click within the icon or the radius of the object it registers.

There's one more thing but I've already forgotten it.

This is weird, looks like your system reporting it supports 1600 x 1024 resolution while in fact it does not.

Try to create config.xml in that folder with the following content and see if it helps:

English
enkord.com/
fae0b27c451c728867a567e8c1bb4e53113035
false
false

Later you can switch resolution in options.

Various climates: jungle

Tech tree comparison: recent vs 4 years ago

Hero outfit varies from primitive stuff to modern.

So far my favorite part of this thread is OP's bants.

Unfortunately, this game seems to hit one of those sweet spots where the setting and aesthetic disinterest me. I know that's not good feedback, but hey. Follow your dreams.

Thank you, komrade. The function of the game designer is to entertain.

Sounds interesting, but if there's one thing that bothers me it's that the MC is literally that accountant screenpost from /tg/ with a bit of photoshop added to him.

Lastly, that artstyle is all sorts of conflicting with everything I can possibly see, the MC looks like a BG NPC and the rest make it look like a farming game and I can clearly notice a good ammount of stock to edited resources.

Bring that shit up to better standards in the art departmnt.

Lastly, make sure gypsies kidnap people and sell them to vampires like the dirty fucking Proto-jew Vistani they are.

While I have no fucking idea what are you talking about in the first part of your post, I can assure you we have gypsies alright. Look at this sneaky motherfucker at picrelated.

The female one too who is smiling nicely while cleaning out your pockets.

i wish gypsie girls dressed like this IRL, they just wear some cheap ugly long dress and that is all

And finally the old hag.
She looks trustworthy enough to spare her a few coins for an accurate prediction of the future, right?

Here they dress much like the picture, but it does not make them prettier.

Today we have released an update which adds some eye-candy to the towns - workers now wander around, moving resources here and there, striking their hammers, bowing down at the altar and so on. We update the game with fixes and new features quite often. Usually at least once per week.

some NPCs

Player advisors - Ooga-Booga and Zweistein

The advisors evolve with you as you reach higher ages. These ones are from classical age.

Dr. Wily?

While the game looks good and to my taste. Stop what the fuck are you doing nigga jesus christ shilling a game on Holla Forums what the fuck were you thinking holy fucknuggets

Calm down, komrade. Here, take this fish.

He was designed after Einstein which should be obvious from the name Zweistein who knows Germal, but I think all those pop-culture typical scientists including Dr. Wily were designed after A.E. anyway.

Some sail ships.

And the top of the food chain - ship of the line.

Some Renaissance Age buidlings.

Game is absolute garbage. Literally no different from bullshit mobile games. OP you fucked up a good concept, enjoy a shit game and shit profits.

Can you use tanks to loot dungeons in those games?

You're just shilling your game here for profit. The fact that it's pay to win to skip wait times completely ruins this game and puts it on par with mobile trash such as clash of clans.

Once your game fails no one will ever decide to do a hybrid game like this again, thanks dickhead.

Wrong. Do you seriously think that those few from here who are willing to look behind the necessary evils of f2p will spend a single cent? I don't think so. Even more so - I hope they wont! Here I am trying to get a different perspective on the game from different kind of players. Don't worry komrade, I will shill this game alright, just not here. There are plenty of casuals willing to pay. But wait, oh shit, I bet you don't like arguments so let's go back to the shit tossing. Yeah, the game has waiting times just to piss you off!

What if it would be the other way around? Will put your shit where your mouth at?

=========
BTW, everyone who is playing the game from this thread, feel free to PM me in the game, the nickname is "berserker" - I will give you some free cash if you need it.
Use /whois berserker command there.

Giving the game a shot. I never made it further than ~5 hours into any of the many crappy F2P "build these building to get more resources to get the same building but slightly better to get more of the same resources but slightly faster and pay a bit to make it all go even faster" games because they never get me interested, but maybe this one will be different.

Sounds like you're salty as fuck. It's not my fault your game is garbage. I've told you why it is and why it will fail, just like every game similar to it has in the past. Freemium garbage.

That's why more and more similar games keep popping up - because other games like that fail, and not because they make shitload of money and more and more people want their piece of the pie. Korrekt, your logic totally makes sense.

Aight.

I know they make money, look at pokemon go, games like these are throwaway garbage. If they weren't they wouldn't be free, and there wouldn't be microtransactions. That doesn't make them good games. Eventually even the retards realize that such a game isn't really as good as they once thought, and profit slows down, then the game dies. Which is exactly what will happen with this game.

You are mixing apples with oranges. It's not game quality which forces F2P, it's competition. If you have a paid game and there is similar game available for free, not many people will shell out cash for yours. We did paid-only games back in the days including predcessor to the current game so I know what I am talking about. We had to either embrace the F2P and try not to move into the dark side too far, concentrating on gameplay more, or cease making games altogether.

Your game was shit back in the day so not enough people bought it and too many people pirated it. The logical step would be to make the game good, good enough that people either felt that the price was right and bought it. As well as add in some form of drm, like being an MMO. You added drm in the form of it being an MMO and added in pay to win trash.

Even if you make a decent amount of money it doesn't change the fact that the game has glaring design flaws, especially for this type of game, which is why it will fail.

Try to give the option to play it through your browser, because that way you are going to get a lot of people to play it, since having no option other than to download a fuckhuge game is not the most attractive option.

I know, but coding a browser game is more complicated. We will get there eventually, but for now we are making a Windows version because it allows us to progress with the development faster and do updates more often.

yes, browser version is good since I use linux I have no way of playing this game currently.

I've got reports from players of successfully running this game under Wine on Linux, haven't tried it myself though.

Military advisor looks evolving through ages - from ooga-booga to the read army soldier (same ooga-booga, just commie-flavored)

Aight so I was too tired to do a shitty review of your game last night, but now I've returned.

Number one, I despise these games in general not because of the aspect of money, but because I want to enjoy it because of its speed and yet I can't bring myself to actually like it because of its speed.

That said, the pace was just slow enough where, if I actually had any income whatsoever, I might bother throwing like a quarter toward this because it infuriates me. Of course that would happen a total of one times before ending the thing completely because I do not have patience for these things.

The UI is yes, terrible, I hate it because I could do better, but sadly these types of games with the waiting and the waiting and the waiting are all subject to terrible UI. Why the hell is everything just hanging all over the screen? Are there things to fill in? Why don't you show me these places exist for a purpose? Also I hate the chat box, and while I can hide the thing, well, I just don't for whatever reason, so I don't blame its shittiness on you. Is all of this just holdovers from mobile platforms? This shit is irritating to look at and worse to bother working through.

Style is unimportant right now, and I don't really care about it.

Sounds are simple and I don't care about them, which considering I reread this before typing this bit, it's probably the best you could've done. I was listening to something else at the time, so I didn't bother with the music, apologies.

Customizing your hero is okay, it didn't make me to angry up until I had an inventory full of shit that I had to wait for possibly a month or so to be able to equip. Do I even have an inventory size? Do I care?

Researches are yeah, what they are. Once the tutorial was apparently over however, I immediately deviated from what I assume was the recommended starting path for researching, and was left with nothing to do while I waited but send a little nigger romping through the countryside trying to find something else to do.

Oh. Oh ho ho. I almost forgot fucking Minesweeper 2. I'm assuming these games are little extras for people who do enjoy them, because I am forever utter shit at minesweeper. It may be related to brain death, but I can't be sure.

Typos, much like this one here caught my attention way too easy for some reason, and I'll admit it could be because I fucking hate these games.

Overall, Totem Tribe II: Jotun is a video game. It's a slow slog that I do not care about, and I do not feel sorry for that. There was clear time put into this, and I'm sure that counts for something somewhere. I suppose I just don't understand what's in these games for people to enjoy.

I give no score, satire or otherwise. I'm sure for what it is it's enjoyable to somebody, and I'm sure when it gets to a point where it's actually finished it'll be fine enough. I just like them and it's difficult for me to put that aside when there are so many things that get my 'tism in a ruffle.

Despite the obvious toxicity I can read the helpful bits between the lines. Thank you, komrade.

I ain't tryin' to be a complete dick, I just speak like an imbecile and type the way I speak. Also your game made me really angry.

Cannons, dirigibles, hussars and so on

Frigate

submarine

Wonder of the World level 100 - if you build it, you will reach Wealth Victory.

The way you type makes me slightly angry, do you work for shitaku

lol wat fuk

Yeah, I was surprised myself when our artist presented it, but decided to let it be for mindfuck's sake.

battle reports

No
I'm not playing your freemium p2w garbage.

You just lost yourself the autistic audience pal.

Where are you from? Croatia, Serbia?

Not really, but close in a sense.

we have some nice bosses

Stone age units

This is getting kinda pathetic tbh.

Today we have released a major update which adds 9 randomly generated dungeons into the game:
totemtribe.com/news/random-dungeons/?rr=gginv4

Here is the interface draft we are working on right now. It's better than the one we have, right?

bump5

You can turn your hero into mecha with this space age gear.

Don't forget his Doom mapset, though. Flood detected?

Anyway, here's essential reading for the actual thread topic:
deadhomersociety.com/tapped-in/tsto-1/

nec5

more Space Age hero equipment

Exoskeleton

Nice art. Why not try to make a H management game? You could get loads of patreon $$$

what's that?

Porn game with the main gameplay being management. Ever played Slav(e)maker?

The game is mostly known as Jack-o-nine.
Other H management games would be Slavemaker 3, My Slave Brothel, Free Cities and Breeding Season.
there would be better H Games if it wasn't for the Nip language barrier

In other news the game looks interesting, Can't care much for the art style but I'll take a gander if the gameplay is any good.

Couple of people from here are playing it since I have started this thread, so its probably not that bad.

El Bimbo

This is literally advertisement for a f2p game on Holla Forums. OP is a hack.

Other breaking news: the Earth is not flat.

We have guys with fancy hats too.