No internet for a month or more

ITT: Send me ideas for long games

I need some good games to that will last me awhile, money isn't an issue, I just wont have internet

Rules: No Final Fantasy, or RTSs

I dunno.
Terraria and Minecraft for the sheer amount of freedom.

Any 2D Metroid for speedrunning for the best time?

What do you actually want?

Chess is fun, but fuck being outside,its way to humid here

Literally anything that will keep me entertained, thats not Final Fantasy or RTSs

Holy shit just go do something outside you worthless fat NEET. Anything. Go surfing or 4WD or hiking. You have an entire month where you won't be distracted by the endless meaningless bullshit in cyberspace. Do something real and become a better human being.

Deus Ex
Paper Mario and TTYD
MOTHER Series
Metroid Prime: Trilogy
Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
Legacy of Kain Series
Star Wars Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast
System Shock 2

Download a bunch of grand strat games

Just get some games with good replayability.

no u

Never been a fan of mario games, is that one any good?

Metal Gear Solid games
All Witcher games
Zelda games
Xenoblade games
Dark Souls games
Grand Theft Auto games
Elder Scrolls games
Deus Ex

Course if you want SHEER LENGTH it's gotta be Disgea.

Download a fuck ton of good games you haven't played before

Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri
Planescape Torment
Dark Messiah
Devil May Cry 3/4
Dragon Ball Budokai Tenkaichi 3
Far Cry Blood Dragon
Max Payne 1 and 2
Men of War
Jedi Outcast 2/Jedi Academy
The 2005 Punisher game
Kotor 2
Batman Arkham Asylum/City
Evil Genius
GTA San Andreas and Vice City
X-Com UFO Defense

Fuck I forgot I have to finish that
Also What's Disgea?

PC version of disgaea is a buggy piece of dogshit that'll likely bluescreen your computer, and is missing a bunch of content. Emulate the DS version if you really want to play it. It's a grindy as fuck SRPG where you play as a bratty prince who has to take over the Demon World. Lots of customization, with battles turning into puzzles by the time you reach midgame because of how ludicrous damage scales compared to defense. By endgame everyone (both your units and enemies) will die in one hit.

EDF 4.1
Shin Megami Tensei games, i.e. Nocturne, Digital Devil Saga 1/2, Raidou Kuzunoha (PS2 emulated)
Wild Arms 3 (PS2 emulated)
Prototype (warning, PC port is shit tier, may or may not run well)
Devil May Cry 3 (needs Style Switcher Mod or PS2 version to be playable)
Devil May Cry 4/Special Edition
Grim Dawn
Dragon Ball Z: Budokai 3 (PS2 emulated)
Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 3 (PS2 emulated)
Alpha Protocol (gameplay is Splinter Cell: Conviction with shittier animations, but your choices actually matter and it has a very interesting plot)
7.62 High Calibre/Hard Life

That's most of what I've got off the top of my head.

Disgea is a generic JRPG grinder

mountain blade comes to mind.
find a mod for it that interests you and it should last you a bit.

isn't entirely wrong, but he didn't do a very good job of actually explaining anything about the game at all.

It's a japanese strategy rpg, where grinding is king so that you can do the post-game ridiculous battles. Numbers eventually get huge (talking level 9999 and millions of damage per attack) and is for some oddly satisfying.

Sounds kinda boring, but I might try it out

Get some old console fullsets. Just a few GB will bring you enough vidya to last you a lifetime. (Be sure to have a good gamepad.)

Actually downloading some PS2 games right now, any other games you recommend of any other system?

Get something fucking hard.

Like?
**Dark Souls isnt hard, I'm NG+++)

great taste
God Hand is really good as well

Fuck yes, God Hand. Can't believe I forgot to mention that one. Get God Hand.

Castlevania has a ton of entries on different platforms. Symphony of the Night will probably keep you busy the longest, but I recommend starting with the original. Most people would recommend skipping II, but it's alright if you get the romhack that trims down the annoying shit. Super Castlevania IV and Rondo of Blood are generally considered the best of the classic games. Then you have the "metroidvanias", like Symphony of the Night and most of the GBA games (esp. Aria of Sorrow), which will keep you busy for quite a while.

Just download the fullsets of the classic systems: Atari 2600, Lynx, NES, SNES, Gameboy, GBA, Master System, Genesis, Game Gear, TurboGrafx-16, and Neo Geo.

You know what a fullset is, right? It's in the name, a full set. Every damn game ever released for a system.

Final Fantasy Tactics is better. PSX version is the best.

Other than that:

ye-naaaah.

fucking kek

Master of Magic (torrent the GOG version and patch to 1.50). It provided me fun for years, not merely a month.

Well fuck

Dont need to tell me

I'll go check it out

stepmania
you finish when you double A everything

All of the Gothic series and Risen 1, should be either free or very cheap

Everything is free if you know what to do

Baldur's Gate Trilogy (use the mod setup that puts them all into one giant game).

Planescape Torment.

MMO's

OP, what's your situation? I go to sea for a few months the every year, and end up looking for vidya to spend my time on. Actually in port now, headed home in a week or two.

What I've found is that it can be fun to play games that you'd normally spend a lot of time looking things up about. Dark Souls with no access to wikis was amazing. Also games that give you lots of open world flexibility, like JC2 and the GTA titles.

Some of what I've played and enjoyed in the past month:
EYE Divine Cybermancy
Starbound (don't pay for it)
Project Zomboid
FreeCol, FOSS clone of Sid Meier's Colonization, his most underrated title
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
Running With Rifles
Rimworld
Dorf Fort
Prison Architect
Mount&Blade
Men of War series
Deus Ex
Cities: Skylines

Moving back in with my dad, I live with some friends right now, they're constantly fighting and im getting dragged into it.

Whats it like at sea? I've always wanted to do it, I just dont like the open waters

Doom for when you want to blast through demon's, or when you get creative you can just start making levels with Doombuilder, no hassle.

Honestly, boring as hell for me. I work IT and have everything fairly bulletproof , so I end up playing vidya 8 hours a day in my office, then go to my stateroom and watch movies and animu until I feel like sleeping. Ports are nice, I'll generally get wasted the first day off and then spend the rest of my leave exploring. Been to a bunch of European countries and gotten paid for it, so I can't complain. It does get dull out here, but if you worked as an engineer or deck officer, you'll have plenty of work. I wouldn't recommend being an A/B or doing something like plumbing. Electrician seems to have a nice job.

Not a bad idea

I'm more of the labor type, and I know my way around computers a fair bit, is the pay good atleast?

Also, it's crazy spoopy to watch this after a full day of playing Subnautica when you're actually in the Bermuda Triangle, near where El Faro went down.

Just think, all those bumps and noises, could be those things

It is, but I'm in a unique position. Almost no ships have IT staff on board. Most modern cargo ships and tankers don't even have medical staff on board, they have a closet with everything you need to amputate a limb and then some, and a phone to a medical emergency hotline. A team of pros will walk you through any procedure you need to perform. IT is the same thing in the industry, you work shoreside and service multiple ships. I just happen to be in a really fringe, niche part of the industry.

If you like manual labor, engineer might be a good route. A/B is also very physical, but I've never met an A/B that looks like they're entirely together. Whatever the case, you need a lot of training and certification. Most engineers go to one of the major US Maritime Academies, in MA, ME, CA, or NY. You do a 4 year degree and get your USCG license.

More likely it's Doofus McFuckhead chipping paint on the hull while I'm trying to take a fucking nap.

Well, im in canada, so I'd have to go look it up

Just whack him in the back of the head hard enough to KO him, thats a fix

there goes half my library

These are all about average length. Each should last you at least a couple days even if you poopsock.

Seeing reccs for Minecraft/Bethesda, I figured I'd recc something that's lasted me longer than either of them. It's zombie survival/crafting, but with very fine immersion. I still get spooped when I'm caught out at night. Been in EA for nearly three years, has more content than most games like it. If you ever feel you're getting too strong, you can crank up the spawn limit and face unending hordes.

You said no RTS, but Banished is more of a comfy village-building simulator. Lots of mods out for it to make it last.

Colonial Charter mod for banished is 10/10.

go get STALKER call of pripyat then install the call of chernobyl mod, should keep you going for a few weeks at least

It's amazing how close to Lovecraft's descriptions of cosmic monsters those are. It's like he managed to somehow get to the deeps and actually see them himself.

Trails in the Sky FC and SC. Most Megaten games, practice in a fighting game like SF5, DOA5 or Virtua 5. There are tons of options.

Gohic 1 and 2

Severance, it aint long but most retards get raped for a while before getting gud

Far Cry 1 on realisitic difficulty

Resident Evil 4 is like 15 hours long, thats a fucking lot for a TPS

Max payne games arent long but you will want to play all 3 back to back

Stalker SoC and CoP

==PlAy ThE SKYRIM sErIeS!!!!!==111

Holy shit, mate. How do I get a job like you?

Love IT shit, love ships too.

He's a zimbabee pirate.

Every monster hunter ever
Smt strange journey
All the layton games
999/VLR/3rd game
All ratchet and clunks
All kingdom hearts

Honestly, it was mostly luck and a single connection. I don't know of any other positions like mine, except maybe generic IT work on cruise ships. I'd say to look into the cruise industry, that's probably your best bet - A/V and networking seems to be in demand there.

I do it because it's a good break from the 9-5 I work the rest of the time, and I get paid to go to neat places. I might ditch everything next year though, in favor of taking a job in Antarctica. McMurdo looks like a neat place to work.

Dunno what canuckistan academies are like, but I'm sure you have something.

It's absolutely terrifying when you realize the only thing separating you from them is 60 feet of air, a foot or so of steel, and about a mile of water.

There's also roguelikes like ToME and Dungeon Crawl if you're into that kinda shit

Dark Souls 1, 2, 3

>got pokemon go

best game is really outside

Silent-fucking-Hunter III
Get it, mod it, play it on max difficulty, and never go outside again.

ITT things that did not happen

Why you gotta lie on the internet user?

Elona Plus Custom will last you a really fucking long time. The strongest enemies in the game require over 3000 hours of gameplay for your character to be good enough to fight them.

Good luck user.

suicide is best activity

Terraria can take long, especially with exploration.
Divinity Original Sin (especially when organizing inventory)
Disgaea games (might need to emulate if you want anything outside of the PC port of 1)
Heroes of Might & Magic 3. Try to get the most complete version of it. Avoid the Ubisoft HD version (the fan HQ patch is leagues better)

i.e. places where no almost pokemon spawn. The game you're playing is called urban exploration.

Still on my first campaign, but I am still having fun. This will definitely help if you have no internet

Fuck the Witch

Binding of Isaac: Rebirth
Spacechem
La Mulana
Antichamber
Spelunky
Legend of Grimrock

Gameplay itself isn't bad for the most part. Plenty of classes and monsters to unlock, decent mechanics, etc. Post-game just requires more grinding than a korean MMO to beat.

I had more fun with Dungeon Master that is over 20 yo than this.
I propose DoomRL and FTL - Advanced Edition instead.

Play monster hunter, any of them

Sure thing user

i wonder whos behind this post

Isn't it obvious? Fallout 4!