Why do you think this board is so devoid of humor?

Why do you think this board is so devoid of humor?

Is it the obsession with videogames and the circumstances and situations that surround them? That's not necessarily a bad thing, but fuck it's like stifling to read this place sometimes.

there's plenty of humor here, you just may be too sensitive and interpret the shit talking and banter as something serious. Which is just embarrassing.

I laughed quite a bit at some posts today, so I don't see your point
I wish I could laugh at these dubs

aren't you just like
projecting?
you elitist faggo

Strange, these dubs seem to be humorous.

(((CHECKED)))

I think this board gets pretty funny
Wow humor such a subjective thing

Shit talking and banter isn't really what I'm getting at. Though that here seems to revolve around "This dude is retarded LOL" and the word "cuck".

I mean more like OC. It feels like nobody here is willing to make their own jokes. They rely on their funny reaction faces to make a joke for them, I guess.

I mean, yeah. This is what I feel most of the humor here revolves around. Low effort jabs.

So make your own shit, you whiny, fucking nigger. Oh, wait, none of you whiny shitters ever do. You're just here to try and elevate yourself by bemoaning how no one is making OC for you.

*nods in agreement*
this board has been sh*t for a long time, but there's no reasonable alternative.
what memes has this board created?
and that meme is over a year old
what else do we have?
nothing
*puts his snout in his hooves and sobs*

I'm glad you're being the joke of the thread though.

I'm not trying to elevate myself, I'm trying to see if anyone else feels the same way and what might be done to counteract it. Making OC would be a step in the right direction, but I'm only one person.

This cuck is retarded Lol dude!

This thread isn't improving the board, it's meta clutter, why not just make good posts instead

I'm not sure what you're trying to say here, it's Holla Forums. I laughed all day today.

because issues don't disappear by not talking about them. This board has been garbage for a loooong time. I'd place a lot of the blame on the no-fun-allowed moderation. "Template threads" are Holla Forums culture; if you're going to place the blame on anyone, blame the retards who fall for bait.

Yeah, ok.
The answer is obvious. If you really don't know how to counteract no OC then you're probably not brightest bulb in the package.
More like you're a shitty poster and couldn't make OC if you wanted to. You make shitty threads instead.

This. "The shitposter shitposts as he whines about shitposts."

Checked

What kind of OC? I make OC sometimes but it's always very serious. Making OC does not equate making jokes. You can also be serious about making jokes. You can also joke about making serious OC, but I doubt that is what you are doing right now.

I mean, yeah, OC doesn't mean it has to be funny (or intended to be funny) but it feels like there's a dearth of that type on this board. Maybe the userbase here just doesn't lend itself to that sort of stuff.

I do think the moderation has a hand in it, but the community itself (whether influenced by moderation or not) has to be more at blame than them, since they make a majority of the content.

Like, I remember a month (couple of months?) ago there was a cute thread where the OP made a whole bunch of edits of DSP jacking off. There was a lot of dubs, saging and passive agressively calling for the thread to be deleted. It feels like the community here is actively hostile to stupid jokes which makes people less incentivised to post more.

I think reddits more your style friend.

the only thing this post lacks is some repeating digits

Just fuck off back to >>>/4chan/ OP , it's clear that you main that place or possibly >>>/reddit/ and only crosspost here only this time stay there ; you'll be happier ,we'll be happier ,everyone wins

This reminds me of the Holla Forums thread about drawfags.
>>>Holla Forums632559
If making OC seems frowned upon, just make more OC. If people are deterred because of a few dubs they should just make more OC.

Are you new?
The moment you complain about our shitty living circumstances, we will relentlessly make fun of you for no other reason than dragging you down to our own level and making us feel superior through checking dubs and posting smug anime girls while blatantly dismissing your post and showing how much we don't care just to make you mad. You complaining doesn't add jack, and thus we will display ourselves as the better men by setting an example of how people ideally should react in such a situation. Alternatively, if you hate wallowing in our shit, we will point you to other similar shitholes while completely disregarding what you just said. We think your thread is shit, but instead of ignoring it and having your thread die in a ditch, we can't help ourselves but establish our superiority while simultaneously looking down on you. How else are we supposed to get our kicks from anonymous imageboards?

People on Holla Forums take themselves extremely seriously. They think these boards are super important and need to be defended or some shit. Have you seen Holla Forums? These people are on the edge of delusion perpetually.

Have you seen this board? They are utterly convinced they are important enough to be stormed by "paid shills". Even though absolutely no evidence has ever been presented for this other than "well they shill on facebook".

It used to be a meme but it's for real now: people don't like discussing video games on Holla Forums. Everything is "that's shit, kill yourself" and other garbage. This is what happens when people grow up on the internet: they think it's a real place and they have turf or something.

10/10 post, this nigga gets it.

Most of the fun comes from playing videogames with other people, so get in a general

I kinda miss meta mondays.

If you don't like it so much why don't you go back to 4chon.

Except Holla Forums is just where shills and astroturfers would work because it's a niche board on the edge of everything.

It's a double edged sword because in the fervor of attempting to curtail deliberative attempts to sway mass opinion by establishing that their is an effective base of agreement on the board on a particular subject gives way to authoritarian ideals to push their way over common sense, and even without that you autistic authoritarians that assert that you can't hold a certain opinion in a state of being informed on the matter.

You know it's like when people's autism flare about Nintendo of America without considering that this board is niche enough that there is a strong possibility that people imported depriving Treehouse of the credit to continue functioning. It's kind of a strange blowhard wobbly thing.

(checked)

Why do you take such statements so personally? A person can recognize that this board is garbage, and has been for a long time, without being inclined to return to 4chan.

I came here to check

There is only one pent you moron.
Reported for off topic shitposting.

missed a 9 tbh

you just mad because you got none

Noice.
On a more serious note, how the fuck are authoritarians even a thing in the single most anarchistic environment in the modern internet?

Just a reminder that OP and the other whiners here aren't here to actually have a discussion. They're here to try and give the image that they are above it all without actually having to contribute anything (they couldn't if they wanted too.) Discussion would involve both sides talking. Notice how OP has already gone to only conversing with people who agree with him (of course, this is obviously because the people disagreeing haven't met OP's personal standards as to what disagreement is)? If you've ever been on any other site with a community there are ALWAYS these types of people. People who don't actually make any good posts themselves but try to elevate themselves by whining about the quality they themselves have driven down (usually with whiny, meta circlejerk threads.)

Bonus points for the guy who is obviously mad that Holla Forums doesn't like a game he does.

People tend to forget that there isn't really such a thing as identity beyond what can be stitched together from Post ids. It's more symptomatic of an internet after the age of disposable ids.
Peer pressure is a hell of a thing.

Aren't you trying to elevate yourself above me? What are you contributing to the board in this thread that I'm not?

There's a ton of humor but shit like "LOL BTFO" isn't even that amazing. The banter and shittalking just feels like some people getting overly hyped about yelling at each other since that sort of behavior is banned elsewhere.

They aren't even bringing it to shitty sites like Reddit so they have to deal with rampant shitposting; they're just screaming at each other and ruining legit discussions on what's the coolest discussion board on the internet, just because it's fun to yell at people without getting in trouble for it.

And like nigga I'm not saying this place should be a place where people get banned for hurting others feelings and shit. I'm just saying that god damn why would you prefer doing the same old shit over and over, faking being an elitist and shit when you can have a legit discussion about vidya for once.

It's just irritating, I guess. People have been screaming at each other about the same Smash Bros debates of which game is better than the other for years now and they still haven't tired of throwing the same arguments at each other. They just keep going and you really can't have a legit discussion without these kinds of fags jumping in and ruining your thread, using it as yet another banter playground.

I think >>>Holla Forums is where you want to go for your non-vidya cancer, mate.

youre going to the wrong threads and focusing on the wrong posts. theres just a lot of drama going on lately

Yeah! Why are people so focused on talking about vidya on the vidya board? It makes no sense. We should be focusing on making funny jokes and maymays instead like this guy wants.