Warthunder Thread

So is the game shit or not? I want a final debate on this.

Don't give bullshit one word answers. If you think it's bad, say why.

I think it's a good game because of satisfying controls and a cathartic damage model and physics system. However, it is not balanced enough for every single person in a match to always have fun. The BR system is also retarded and should be redone.

Pics related are my gameplay.

It's a shit game because it isn't historically accurate and doesn't allow TrackIR.

It's shit.

It's shit, OP.

So then turn off the foliage yourself

If I wanted to snipe from a hill for 40 minutes I'd go play some other cancerous game

Such as?

Come off with that shit mane

Shit I dunno, battlefield 3-4.
Red orchestra 2 on those god awful open maps.

It's shit.

it looks pretty good at least

Actually you can make it so you play at your tier. If you want to play with a panzer I for instance, put other tanks/planes near that BR in your line and it'll match you with other newbie vehicles.

What? I mean I know you can pay to unlock modules faster, but you can still unlock the good ammo and shit by just playing at least it was that way when I last played like 4 months ago.

The game is fun, sure it isn't RO quality in terms of tank battles or IL Sturmovik for air battles, but you can have a lot of fun playing with friends and while they made it grindy when they released ground warfare it still is pretty fun. I mean what other game can you land a Seaplane on an airstrip and use it as a bunker to shoot down other planes?

And you still can

Then how is it pay to win for higher penetration ammo?

Who here plays World of Warships

And who here finds warships sexy as fuck
Man I'd fuck a boat

Because you can grind for a few hours for the banging ammo, or you can just drop a couple dollarydoos on them and use them pretty much right out of the gate

Now i want to play this to screw over people playing on high settings.

I've played it since before ground forces was introduced.

They had a lot of big promises, and the consumers had a lot of misplaced trust in the developers.

The engine is excellent, giving decent frame-rates and great visuals across the board. It handles land combat and air combat decently with a good damage model for both types. Component-driven damage modeling is always superior to just simple healthbars, especially for a game that seeks to be "realistic".

The variety of vehicles is excellent, ranging from big heavy 'Murican planes to nimble and agile Japanese paper machete planes to Stalinwood composite Soviet planes. From stupid fast 'Murican paper tanks to retarded armored retarded armed Soviet death machines. In fact, the devs got so ahead of themselves with the Soviet tank tree, they had to introduce ATGMs to solve the balance problems they created.

And that's the thing with this game. The problem, is not necessarily the game itself, but the terrible direction the game is headed. The devs have now gone too far with premium tanks and direct-fire MLRS vehicles that there's no way they'd be able to remove them without a terrible amount of heart ache, nor is there a way to balance them because the maps themselves and the gamemodes lack any sufficient depth. The big hope for a while was to bring the "Enduring Confrontation" gamemode from Airbattles over into Ground battles, turning the game into a proper long-distance drawn out battle rather than the flash in the pan battles they've had since the games inception, in a docile attempt to mimic the other free-to-play tank game. It's clear to anyone that's been following this game that new game modes are not a priority, nor is adjusting the current style of battle.

There's still alot of fun to be had with this title, but if you're looking for a game that has any longevity, or has devs that actually want to listen and learn from their community, you should keep looking. The devs don't give a single flying fuck what the community wants, nor do they have any transparency with them. Any form of criticism is taken as hostile, and any form of suggestion is largely ignored. Right now the devs are not concerned with saving this dying game, they're most likely trying to squeeze what ever is left out of it for every penny they can possibly get, and to hell with gameplay standards.

Thus we have Warthunder, the game of pseudo-realistic, stupid-fragile planes and stupid-durable tanks. A game with great potential ruined by some of the most pig-headed, illogical, historically inaccurate, myopic developers a game could possibly get.

It's shit
Gaijin are exceptionally retarded

The N1K2 is objectively the best plane in the game and it's Japanese.

Doesn't always work, I've had t34's and that about similar tier russian tank without a turret against me when I had the first stug. BR difference was like 1.0 - 1.2

It' seems like you allready know about the game so did you just really come here to defend it?

Thats not pay to win though, that is pay to not be lazy. Pay to win is shit like the gold rounds in WoT where you used to have to pay to shoot ammo that was just straight up better and you couldn't get it any other way other than to spend real money on it. Now at least I think WoT allows you to pay for the gold ammo with credits now.

You seem really defensive dude. All I did was correct you, jesus christ.

There are also tanks in the game, and almost every single Russian one is god-tier.

The Game hasn't been good since Open/Closed Beta.

I think the update that changed the tech trees to be complete retard freemium grind ruined it.

The freemium grind does suck, but I was lucky enough to unlock the airacobras and kingcobras before the switch and flying them is just too much fun.

I've been playing for something like 3 years now, I've never had the need or desire to spend any money.

What country do you main? I already maxed out Japs.

By skipping a grind which would affect your overall ability to achieve your goals, you're effectively paying to win when you pay not to grind.

That still isn't pay to win, that is paying to advance. Pay to win implies that you are paying for an advantage that a free player cannot obtain by simply playing the game.

The funny thing is WoT operates largely the same as well. WG doesn't give a fuck as long as the money is rolling in.

New Maps + New Premium Tanks to buy
New modes are so badly designed they are usually scrapped a few months in.
Reward tank so OP in the new modes it causes team rigging, and is then nerfed afterward when the devs realize they made a Tier 10 tank x3 better than anything in the game.

Clan Wars system redesigned to the point it pushes many long time players away.

Devs don't really give a crap about cheaters, exploiters, or hackers unless it becomes a publicized issue, and then those players recieve a 1 month ban.

I won't lie, the random battles are fun, but they've just been coasting on the success.

Not really.

Tanks of other nations are good, but they're put in fucking retarded battle ratings where they don't belong.

For example,

Ferdinand, Jagdpanther, Jagdtiger, Sturer Emil, Tiger Is, Tiger IIs, Panthers, don't fucking belong in matches where they're facing postwar 1950s shitviet garbage.

Of course the shitviets get postwar ammo for their tanks, and postwar tanks (like the PT-76, ASU-57) get to infiltrate lower tier battle ranks where they didn't even exist as glimmerd in the eyes of their designers.

Germany has pretty great tanks but they're put up against soviet bias and Stalinium because majority of the players are Russians and god forbid if they're not allowed to club with their bouncy nationalistic shitboxes then the game will fail harder than it already has.

And even then, some players manage to succeed because Russians are just -that- retarded and they -still- cry on the forums.

Hell, those retards fucking cry about Tiger IIs despite the fucking fact that it gets rocked by postwar ammo everywhere except the upper front plate. That plate is too much of a problem for russkies because they never had to think about where to aim before.

If Tiger IIs had to face IS-2s, with the same configuration they'd have during the war, the IS-2 would be used to wipe floors. But nope, better give postwar ammo

is of balans comrade ))))))))))))))))))))))))

The game is fun to play casually.

If you want to be competetive and autism it up better try another game.

I enjoy it, despite it being a piece of shit sometimes. I think one of the worst things is the ungodly amount of research points it takes to upgrade vehicles when you reach battle ranking 5. Who actually gets the kill when an enemy is destroyed can be wonky, too. It would also be nice if Realistic Battles had an Enduring Conflict style mode.

The amount of grinding in the game ensures that the vast majority of players cannot reasonably acquire the advantages by simply playing the game. It's a classic f2p tactic.

Yes, it's shit
Because communism
Incorrect, please try again

they turned that off months ago, user.

This is what pains me the most. Deep down there's a fun game in War Thunder, but it's buried underneath so many layers of bullshit and kikery.

Lmao no they didn't.

They forced on all foilage except for grass, which you can disable when scoped in on any graphics settings.

Shit, totally shit, biggest pile I've seen in a while.

Back in closed beta it was the best f2p game I've ever seen, great engine, simulator battles were pretty close to IL-2 tier.
The grind wasn't excessive, you didn't even notice it.
There was no research, you only had a pilot level and nation levels, you could fly every plane for which you had the reached the required nation and pilot level and ever plane would level you up the same.

Nowadays simulator battles are mostly dead, with the exception of some events.
Matchmaking/Balance are totally shit each vehicle is assigned a battlerating and can only meet enemies ina +/- 2.0 range and +/- 1 tier.
Thing is BR is, atleast partially, calculated by performance so all the US pilots who tried to turnfight nips always got blown out of the sky and their BR got lowered until they were competativ.
Take a guess what happen if you meet someone who knows how to play them.
And don't forget sekrit documents for soviet tanks.

Pretty sure you could use TrackIR

Atago is best shipfu.

Go ahead and dogfight a yak at 9000m, have fun seeing those slavshitters stay on your six with no effort.

The British ground forces tree is total suffering. The Churchill series is like the KV series, but way more shit that moves at the speed of a crippled snail.

The Achilles is pretty okay.

The Sherman Firefly is total dogshit. Can't turn worth a shit, slow, paper armor, and the same gun as the Achilles, but 1 BR higher.

T-34 85: fuckers are everywhere. Superfast high traverse speed laser cannons with infinite penetration. These fucks are everywhere.

Haven't played in a while because grinding through the Colorado is insufferable.

They buffed her a while back. Stock hull on BBs in general is pretty bad though.

2 main gripes with War Thunder:
1) The Grind - before the new RP system, there was the 1-20 tier list that I liked since it gave you planes appropriate to that tier and allowed you to use those planes as long as you got the credits to buy them, now, grind for one vehicle down a line of vehicles that becomes increasingly frustrating because of how high some RP and credit requirements are.
2) Ground Forces - I love tanks, especially my M5A1 Stuart, but the need to grind just to have the ability to even repair your tank to working state really pissed me off since not only do they essentially gimp you to becoming a pillbox once your engine is fucked and that's even if it wasn't on fire, but also, if your main gun is destroyed, then you can't fix it, and this is a big problem in later tiers before all the HEATFS and ATGMs in tier 5.
All in all, I just got tired of War Thunder and left before the ATGMs were introduced, also, it's depressing just seeing Gaijin pad the vehicle list as much as possible with premiums and reskins, they couldn't even let players have fun unlocking the unguided rocket tanks for free

They've revamped the armor design for US BBs in the last patch.

That was more just making their armor models more accurate, aside from the NC who's cit hitbox was outside of its armor in a few places it was not really a buff. I was talking about the sigma buff that made its main guns way more accurate a while back.

I think the game is fun. I mained a T-34 1942, so I didn't mind the grind. What I did mind was the fucking slot machine you get every time you log in and all the fucking useless shit you get from it. The entire thing irritated me to no end and it was the reason I stopped playing.

Of course you didn't mind the grind. Why mind even enemy fire when you're driving the T-34 SUPER HEAVY TANK capable of knocking out 10 tigers for every 1 T-34

Good to hear, though my issue is the Colorado feels like a step down, outside of it's AA armament, to the New Mexico overall.

t34 best tank in history
fuck off american piggu

You have never fucking played any other flying game, have you?