Dragonball Xenoverse 2

Thoughts on DBX2?

I liked that they added new characters like Dodoria and Zarbon but fear it will have same flaws as DBX1 like body-type limiting your fighting potential and clothes having stats instead of just being cosmetic.

That's what it's going to be.

They seem to be fixing one of my problems by having a more indepth play through the DBZ story, with movies included, but I sincerely hope they lower the RNG, add more races, and make transformations more than just being able to spam fucking supers and ultimates. Otherwise, I'm surprisingly optimistic. I'll be keeping an eye on it.

Thread Theme

finally

Eh. I just want more dragon quest stuff, but no, i have to deal with those endless dbz games.

That seems pretty fucking gay.

Im fucking pumped. I hope it has the mechanical depth of the first one. I love that there were no tutorials that explained any of the advanced mechanics. Hearing people whine about losing was amazing.

I can't wait to make an android character.

I wonder if the frost demons will get a unique draining ability based on imperfect cell skills.

There's a lot of shit they need to fix, balance or add.

suck my dragonballs.

Wait, are they adding androids? Is this confirmed?

RNG and Super Saiyan spam are confirmed gone. No new races, but each race has more depth with its own sidequests.

So the human "transformation" is just be able to use the nimbus and the power pole?
Anyway
Best dragon ball game confirmed?

I hope female buu transformation isn't just the same kid buu we saw.

No, no android characters.

But if you make a character and just give it draining abilities its basically the same thing I guess.

With 16 and imperfect cell being playable, it just means theres gonna be more abilities for android kinda characters.

Do they have beam struggles?

Can I make aliens beyond Namekians, Freiza's race, and odd colored humans?

Androids can't charge ki.

That's because squeenix hates dragon quest, and only begrudgingly shits out a game every once in awhile because they sell so well.

Physical attacks in the first game were pretty shit. No real variation in normal attacks, while physical specials were overshadowed by ki entirely.

I'd like to play a character who's just a human who goes around in a suit, or just wears a jetpack or jet boots, and instead of firing ki blasts, my character throws dynamite at people. I want to defeat every single character with nothing but pure normalfag powers.

I'm surprised you could get those skills from Hercule or the Android tutors in the last game.

Would they really need to do a new model if you pulled off a rocket punch? Or had the arm detach and turn into a gattling?

* couldn't

It looks a lot better than the first one and I'm happy the story is gonna have crazier time fuckups, but
This shit physically hurts me.

Atleast its just dark goku.

They've been saying "day one" every time they mention it, so either it's an unlockable, part of the regular DLC (possibly free stuff, they've mentioned free updates a few times)

It's just the majority of strike attacks that suck. There were plenty of good ones that were unique (Blue Hurricane, Drain series, Recoom kick)

Good. This will probably end up being my addiction this year if everything ends up nice and smooth. While more races would have been nice, if they're making more depth and have transformations mean something, then I'll take it.

Shit. I am glad that they're adding the actual fucking android and Imperfect Cell sagas, I was bummed that they skipped so much of the story, which while not all of it was worth playing, was a shame to see a cliffnotes version of the whole thing.

It better be. I'm still pissed about SSJ4 Vegeta. Especially since he appears in the GT DLC but isn't playable in it.

Looks great
Did they confirm the ability to transfer characters from the first one?

By the looks of it, it seems it will check save data and at the very least show your MC from the previous game as a hologram statue or something like that. I sure hope this means we can.

If that's the case, I hope we get to fight our previous character in some way. Like a Dragon's Dogma ending sort of thing. Maybe the character gets possessed by Towa

Yes.

Nipponese site says his moves transfer as well as his looks, but moves aren't carried over in the transfer proper (just clothes, items and money), so it's clear the "Tokitoki City hero" fights at some point

please never make a game

So, we can bring him in, but we'll start from square one on moves. What about stats?

Blue Hurricane was a strong AOE that should be used after a stun, Recoom Kick should be used after knockback from one of combos

BT3 was better

I know that, before a certain update, you could actually make a pretty badass normal attack build that used Ginyu Force poses (along w/ a Captain Ginyu Z-Soul) to give yourself damage reduction, super armor, and increased normal attack. This meant that your brawler could literally fly right through (or preferably around) any ultimate attack and pummel the shit out of the person who used it. And the nature of buffs in the game meant that you only had to refresh one buff to keep all of them up.

But, they eventually put in a patch the really shortened the duration of the buffs (w/ the longest one barely lasting ~55 seconds w/ the Ginyu Z-Soul when it was originally ~140 seconds w/ the Ginyu Z-Soul,) making it an infeasible build. Your buff would fizzle out mid-fight and you'd be left completely open as you danced in the middle of the fight, getting your teeth kicked in by saiyan ki spamming faggots all the while.

embed related (from 2:00 to 2:50), kind of a visualization of how the build used to work

Halle-fucking-lujah! Hopefully, they won't gimp the shit out of normal attack focused characters again, so my Namekian brawler can make another glorious comeback. I'm glad they included Giant Form in there, too.

those buffs (they are called Poses) did not give you immunity to ultimate attacks and such but certain Z-souls did so if you combined them you could become unstoppable

Nah, because Nintendo keeps paying for them. Square would rather let it die in the West.

I hope loli characters are possible.

Wish I had got to play with people in the first xenoverse, but what with the server fuck ups at launch I lever got the chance.

I play on single lobby, but I still see plenty of player NPCs on the PC version so its not like the game's dead. Can't say for consoles though