We happy few general

We happy few is out and I don't hear anyone talking about it on here. It's pretentious hipster crap isn't it?

Hello Universe #32561, you've stumbled into Universe #32560 by mistake. Please exit the way you came.

Hard to have any faith in this.

the aesthetic reminds me too much of bio:infinite which i personally dont like. Makes everything look too plastic but the concept of random levels you have to make your way through through stealth sounds p'cool.

Shame its early access because i get the feeling the dev is milking the hype since the games announcement and not looking to actually create a full fledge game.

i'll pirate it, no way im going to pay for early access shit

I hadn't even heard about it until today and then I visit GOG and there's this massive fucking face grinning at me like it's supposed to be important.

meant didnt

looks like another shit first person game

Naturally.
Somebody read 1984 and Brave New World and decided to blend the two, missing the point of both.

games as art is almost as bad as e-sports

I understand being skeptical, but with all the negativity in this thread I sure wonder how many actually played it

what is the 1984 of video games?

I have an open mind but I don't have an open wallet.

That's what piracy is for

I played it and it was trash that didnt respect my time.

That id is because of TOR, dummy

Hello new friend, that's called a Tor ID.

MGS2.

I believe that was his point guys

But MGS is pretentious hipster shit while 1984 isn't?

Nigger what? How is it either of those things?

well it is a known fact that the poorest in society are the most forensically taxed and watched

POST YFW RETARDS WERE CONNED INTO THINKING THIS RANDOMLY GENERATED SANDBOX SURVIVAL CRAFTING ROGUELITE IS ANOTHER BIOSHOCK

Boy are the plebs in for a nasty surprise.

Shit, seriously?

Its in early access, I don't that that qualifies as "out" just because you can throw money at it to play an alpha.

And I call it an alpha because beta implies the game is feature-complete, which early access titles rarely are.

Haha, check out this goy!

Remember to buy realy access for a bonus founders pack of crafting items goyim!

Yeah nah.

no, otherwise he wouldn't have 7 movies in the 4th one.
there's no pretense, just more explanation.

Nah nigga when its out its out

steam statistics show that there is no "release" with EA games, EA is a defacto release and theres no more money to be had from a proper release

Welp, thats the state of the indie industry then is it?

Starbound got a 1.0 that was supposedly actually finished, so don't go trying to tell me getting out of EA is a myth.

That's just because they couldn't sell it anymore. Nobody wanted to buy it. So they give it a patch and call it done.

You make it sound like no one appreciated that a product they bought in EA ever got finished.

It's early access. Dunno about anyone else, but you will get my opinion on it when it's actually fucking released.

Its not a myth its just unneeded and from a purely financial standpoint a waste of ressources but still done for credibility reasons

most of the time even unwanted if Dankest Dungeon is any indication
the game the EA buyers got was entirely different than the one they paid for initially

I didn't even remotely imply anything like that.

BUT!
EA is just buying a game to get tired of it before its released. So yeah now I am also saying that "no one" (indicating a very small number of people who bought in early access, not a literal "no one") is excited to see a game release out of EA because they've already played it.

And it only took like 5 years

Why is everyone talking about early acess? Fuck that noise, make a thread about it if you want.

How does the game play? What's your goal, what can you do in it?
If it's open world, how do you travel around? I recall seeing a video about underground tunnels or sewers or something, do you use those?

Sorry, but you don't get to decide on what people talk about in a thread.

Only user does.

And mark, all hail mark and his glorious army of volunteers.

it is Sir you are Being Hunted 2: more flat grass with the same copy pasted ruins boogaloo. It just rides on brave new worlds story.
Its just another crafting game like rust to milk goy wallets

seems interesting
If I had a decent GPU I would give it a pirate

Well, it's a bit disingenuous though, isn't it?
The OP says this is a thread about "We Happy Few", you'd expect to find discussion about the game here, not Early Access arguing.

If you want to discuss it, here:
It's a terrible business model that allows Devs to collect sales revenue before finishing their product with little to no repercussion to them except loss of reputation that can be masked anyway. If the game was free during EA, that would be okay, but even at half price, that rewards selling hype based on what it could become instead of working on the actual game.
All it seriously does for the industry is ruin the few people actually utilizing it seriously for what it was intended and pretty soon it will fall in the same tier as Kickstarter and Patreon: a redflag that nobody invests and avoids instead.

Now that that is done, can we start talking about the game instead? I have the idea that Open World is a type of game that can actually work if properly done, but nobody has it fully utilized that idea to it's complete potential, so I keep an eye open for every opportunity and see if this is finally the one.
So how does the game play?

I actually liked "Sir you are being hunted", especially the food and healing mechanic. Only complaints were how short the game was and how basic the gameplay could be, but the enemies and the landscape were interesting.
Not a fun of "crafting" as that's just another "make molotovs, medikits and clubs" but if you can make more than just that, it could be neat.

Now THIS is some prime shillposting.

It's fucking early access? Well, that's bullshit.

yes, idiot.

I was hoping for a adventure/puzzle game with some story choices.

Like a shitty oblivion mod.

What about it? I have no idea if "Sir you are being hunted" is still up for sale, and I wouldn't recommend it anyway unless you are into that type of games.
I actually want to know more about the game, before I spend my bandwith pirating it to know if it's actually worth my time or not.

Idk user, it looks genuinely fun.
It's got a twisted sense of humour i never felt since the first Bioshock, and i love it.
This said, the plot might easily be cliché garbage filled with plot twists than anyone expects, but this far i kinda dig the gameplay so there's that.

I stumbled upon a book called the same as this game actually

What GPU?
I'm still on an integrated GPU, waiting for dem 490

That's awfully generic as a comment on it.
I'm seeing a few gameplay videos, I see some quests have different ways to handle things, the world seems interesting both aesthetically but also mechanically, I actually like the way the poorer regions are shown.
I see mention of a "fog is coming", if that is in any way like Stalker's Blowout, that would be neat.

Hardly anyone ever plays these things for the plot, even when it's a good plot.

I'd tell you if i knew.
I got this pc gifted (it was assembled by someone years ago) and if i try running the windows specs test it crashes, so the only way of seeing the GPU is through Speccy.
I have it turned off now cause the motherfucker blows a lot of heat and i don't want my room to turn into a sauna.

You don't need Speccy, you can just use dxdiag and get the specs there too.
There's a tab for graphics on it that should tell you what board you have, and you can run it just by typing "dxdiag" on the start up menu for Windows.

I don't give a fuck about the game.
Anyone have the soundtrack for it? That's what I REALLY care about.

NEVERMIND
I'm retarded.

but if the game has physical copies in stores
how the fuck is it early access

plz dont tell me to take more joy to avoid badthink just go back to >>>Holla Forums

It pisses me off.
Lately i only turn it on for streaming of movies and skype.
The least i touch it the better i feel.

Uh, how is that good?

I like it, you need to learn different people have different tastes user, I have a fuckhuge variety of music I like.

I'm to music what an idort is to videogames.

The trailer is the stupidest idea ever. It implies a game of mindfucks, interesting plot, twisted environments and slow realization of what the fuck happened.

Instead, it is all a game about exploring, greeting people so they don't get suspicious, stuffing your inventory with items and moving on to the next segment. The most interesting part of my playthrough was breaking into someone's home and disabling the alarm… only they still yelled and warned the entire street so I had to run away before looting anything. Setting is genuinely interesting but gameplay is shit.

I do have a lot of music tastes myself, i just never found plain happy music to be interesting, just like i love a bitter aftertaste in my brown beer.
Happiness is too hard of a concepf for humans to grasp and hardly any song can reflect it because of this.

Are you autistic?

Oh! No, actually.
I like it because it sounds like it has a VERY dark forced undertone beneath it.

Like, basically how the game presents itself, similar to MOTHER 3, how it has an artificial feeling of joy, that's why I enjoy it! I'm unsure if you get it, i'm pretty sure you do.
I don't know if that counts as enjoying it "ironically" but that's that.

Maybe i just didn't listen enough to the track you posted.
Do you have an example?
I'm sure there is one specific song in there that tickles your music bone.

Not from the album itself, but here you go.
I really like that sort of degenerative vibe, sort of how a society starts to become more cold and less human, how people become unfeeling, how a higher, condescending force takes over, becoming careless un-organic narcissistic assholes that don't really understand what it's like to contribute to society or be an integral part of humanity.
A sorrowful emotion, that still tries to remain positive, forcing out that manic happiness. In a way, sort of like having someone different and analog live in a world where everything is analytical and futuristic. A very misunderstood existence, If that makes sense. It's a strange emotion. I can't quite comprehend it.

VERY abstract and fragmented.

It's just another survival game with crafting.

where's the crafting?

its like bioshock infinite
so its shit.

Now that I think about it, there are very little songs that actually make me feel happy without making me feel some sort of sorrow.

Here's this.

he played we happy few and was dissapointed.
because it released way too early

Is it bad the first thing I saw when I looked at that title was "We Happy Jew"?

Gonna wait until it's put of beta to pick it up

I thought this was a game I could just watch on youtube

I had so little expectations yet I am still disappointed

Mein sides.

Maybe you never got to the realization that happiness can come by luck too, and is not necessarily based on your efforts
Or maybe you never felt truly happy!
Either way (or neither, which is also possible) you'll be into this song.
Polite sage for not vidya.

Patrician tastes

Can we make this into a music thread already?

It's not good.
Quite true. Faggots like you have bad taste.

video games in 2016

Bioshlock was shit, but this won't even reach that level of quality

I don't know why anyone was interested to begin with. Was obvious it was going to be hipster bait from the start and lack any real character.

Oh boy another early access survival game. Cause we don't have enough of those.

If anyone is even at all interested in this game to buy, pirate, whatever, listen up.

Right now, you spend more time trying to eat, drink, and sleep over everything else. It's to the point where you only have a few minutes before you start getting tired, causing you to lose your overall stamina until you sleep to regain it.

The devs say that's their priority to tweak and balance it out, but for now, it's an absolute pain in the ass.

STAY AWAY UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE

wewlad

It should've been a linear game based around stealth with a little bit of fighting

Well there goes any modicum of interest I had in it.

Why the fuck would you expect it to be "Bioshock-like" at all? There's nothing similar to plasmids in the trailer and no firefights are even shown at all. There aren't even big daddys and the place is pretty lively.
What the fuck? Where do you guys get your expectations from?

Torrent at 92,9%, I'll find that soon enough on my own, but from what I've seen in a Let's Play, it's essentially that. You complete a set of goals in an area allowing you to move to the next area. While progress in one area isn't linear, the overall progress is.
There's also heavy focus on stealth with disguises and making sure you aren't seen comitting crimes or out of place but clubbing people seems to be a last resort option.

The story and setting, user.

If a game is being advertised with in-your-face advertising like it has on GOG then it's officially released as far as I'm concerned.

And the big surprise is the fucking game is a fucking beta. What the hell is going on?

What about it? Bioshock has a society being formed in a reclusive city, where gene splicing gets out of hand and people get addicted to it and to the drug they need.

We the Happy Few has just a regular city, no secrecy. And the drug isn't scavenged from dead bodies, it's freely distributed by the state and how they control people.

If it's how the Downers kinda look like Splicers, you're retarded, those are the ones that don't take the drug at all.

Honestly, from I've seen, it's much much closer to Pathologic than to Bioshock. I can sum it up as basically "Sir, you are being pathological".
The "roguelike" element seems to be permadeath (because that's all it takes to make a roguelike, it seems) and it's an option you can turn off if you're gay.
The crafting seems to be quite important, and I'm not too found of it, but whatever.

I actually like how stealth seems to be even more emphasized than regular, combat is a huge waste of literally everything. You risk bleeding, infections, plague and a ton of other shit, on top of wasted time that's gonna force you to scavenge more food and water. Pretty neat to keep some pressure on you all the time.

It also seems to be more linear than it looks like, I have no idea where the "open world" meme comes from. You start on an island connected to other islands by some bridge and you gotta find a way to cross that bridge. I'm sure different bridges will have different shit to pass first and I'm not sure if you gotta go by specific bridges or if you can choose which ones to take in order to reach the final island.
Still have no idea why the dude wants to get there, though…

I got a torrent for what looks like to be the latest version and the one currently in Early Acess.
The main menu still says Alpha, so… It's not a Beta? :^)

Did not have that problem, went so far as to just bare knuckle and not waste space on weapons. Maybe it ramps up but it doesn't feel nearly as much of a hazard as in Sir, You Are Being a Cunt.
Can't disagree, I did a pair of short runs and can't recall anything different aside from the layout being a bit turned around. Some side quests are borderline bugged out, like not giving you the proper map markers or particularly helpful text if that sort of thing happens. Most of it doesn't feel like something I'd have the urge to go back through multiple times.

Early Access was a mistake.

Is this game developed by the same guys who made Sir, You Are Being Hunted? Because it feels like a complete rip off.

SHILLSHILLSHILLSHILLSHILLSHILLSHILLSHILLSHILLSHILLSHILLSHILLSHILLSHILLSHILLSHILLSHILLSHILLSHILLSHILLSHILLSHILLSHILLSHILLSHILLSHILLSHILLSHILLSHILLSHILLSHILLSHILLSHILLSHILLSHILLSHILLSHILLSHILLSHILLSHILLSHILLSHILLSHILLSHILLSHILLSHILLSHILLSHILLSHILLSHILLSHILLSHILLSHILLSHILLSHILLSHILLSHILLSHILLSHILLSHILLSHILLSHILLSHILLSHILLSHILLSHILLSHILLSHILLSHILLSHILLSHILLSHILLSHILLSHILLSHILLSHILLSHILLSHILLSHILLSHILLSHILLSHILLSHILLSHILLSHILLSHILLSHILLSHILLSHILLSHILLSHILLSHILLSHILLSHILLSHILLSHILLSHILLSHILLSHILLSHILLSHILLSHILLSHILLSHILLSHILLSHILLSHILLSHILLSHILLSHILLSHILLSHILLSHILLSHILL

i always wonder why faglords like you even bother posting shit like this

like, do you really think this is a shill thread? then report it and move on you faggot. instead you need to announce what you think and seem to think that sage is a downvote or actually does anything

get your shit together or that mod position you clearly want so bad will never be yours