Fucking Shilling works

Well a combination of wanting to play megadrive games in mass, wanting something to play with at college during the hour breaks and trip on an empty bus and seeing 6 fucking threads with this device over the last 2 days as response to that new NES thing has made me give in and buy this device for the price of 15 GBP after looking into how functional the product was from video reviewers (it seems to have an audio issue that's fixed by listening through headphones.)
Have a I made a grave mistake with my money(even for a small amount like 15GBP)?
Is there anything or a multitude of things that could convince me not to buy it?

Sorry if it comes off as shilling but I wanted some of your opinions quickly so I can possibly cancel my order before it's too late you know.

Honesly, if you dont mind spending a good chunk of money, the "gpd xd" is a pretty good all in one emualtion device. A good android phone and controller is good too.

I have a phone. What's a good controller for it?
At the very least, where's a good place to look for them?

Those things are shit. Shit screens, shit build quality, shit sound and shit emulation.
Buy a used PSP or use your phone.
Or if you want to be hipster, get a Nomad.

The low price point was sort of the seller since I wanted a portable device I'm not afraid to get damaged or stolen while being used as a portable device.

The emulator is notorious for poor audio quality and general instability. It also lacks Sega CD support.

For another $15 or so you could get a used PSP, which is superior in every way.

You can root your phone and hook a ps3 controller to it. I think they make bluetooth controllers like the ps3 ones. And i think they make a phone stand that connects your phone to the controller.

Fair enough. I think they make cheaper ones that play gba/genesis/snes for like 50 dollars.

I have a PS3 and a PS4 pad so this would be perfect if I had something that could attach it to my phone.
Also, I have no idea how to root my phone. I'm brand new to Android stuff and should probably just Google it, though.

If you have a samsung youre fucked. They lock that shit down. If you have somthing else its pretty easy. I think you just connect your phone to a computer and run a few commands.

Sony makes this BDSM looking thing to mount a DS4 to a phone. GCM-10

I've got some Asus Android phone, so at least I'm not fucked.

Kinky. I like it.
What is that, a suction cup? I'll look into that. Might be just what I need.

Gosh dang is that why my 360 controller doesn't work? Do they not allow gamepads at all or just not rooting your phone?

Samsung in general are the apple of androids. No otg support, cant be rooted. I think bluetooth controllers work.

Oh man it's wrapping right on it's crotch.
You should spoiler this shit, it's making me horny.

What else can you dew with it?

There's also numerous third-party controller mounts, most of which are vastly superior because they use a standard bracket mount rather than some stupid suction-cup bullshit that only works on a handful of phones.

The SD slot at the top allows you to put your own roms on it and a 1GB SD pretty much allows for the Megadrive full set.

Have AV cables and it can transfer the image to a TV from what I've also seen of it too so it can offer that too.

Where could one purchase such a fantastic device?

Google it like I did

If I do that I might spend money on this like you did.

google it better

Go and stay go

Ladies first

has anyone ever modded a newer LCD into a Nomad? AFAIK the only drawback to the Nomad aside from battery life was the sluggish 90's LCD.