Quake 1 Vulkan

Not sure why but some fag ported it.
github.com/Novum/vkQuake

noice

Ok, so which one of you Mustards can actually run it?

what does it add?

I don't see the point.

Is vulkan some sort of directx for amdfags?

Considering how many games still run on ancestors of the Quake engine, it doesn't seem like such a bad idea.

Vulkan is an alternative API for everyone. Yeah, it was produced in part by AMD but nvidiafags can use it too provided more devs tell Microshill to fuck off with the directx bullshit.

but muh microsoftx just werks

yeah well vulkan will too. it will rival directx12 without forcing you to install spyware operating system

if microsoft ever decides to tighten their fist, though, they could force DX12 required for newer games which would mean windows 10 or no go. as far as i know that's why vulkan development jumped into overdrive recently

I was just joking. I for one welcome a future where I can play every game on gnutella/loonix.

Let me guess, you're too young to remember the bullshit problems young DirectX and OpenGL went through.

Young enough to remember Khronos made the exact same mistakes in having shitty documentation and support on OGL despite the support of the entire industry. Nearly every AAA this holiday will ship on DX12 for PC. None with Vulkan.

Freetards are getting buttmad when it's pointed out amuse me.

You're not wrong user. Considering how little the AAA side of the industry cares about performance, a slight bump isn't going to make them want to spend the effort dealing with an immature API.

I think we'll see mid-range studios taking it up increasingly though.

Why would they though? For all it's sins, M$ is giving the mid-range studios the same access and support as AAA devs to DX12 which includes on call 24/7 support and massive amount of documentation while with Vulkan support and documentation are poor. It turned out that AMD flew out Khronos Engineers to assist with the Doom Vulkan port and it wasn't iD saying "Git gud".

That's the problem Vulkanfags don't understand. They are acting like open source freetards who don't want the normalfags supporting them when they need them. Vulkan is costing time and money to learn for even mid range devs. M$ put DX 12 on ez mode and is saving them money. If I'm running a business. What choice do I have? The one that will cost money or the one that will save money?

And it's not even a case of "I'll just stick to 7" when Intel and AMD have said Kaby Lake and Zen onwards will only support Windows 10 and Linux instruction sets. No more 7 and 8 support.

Of course there's no point. Devs do this kind of thing as a learning exercise.

The only thing I could think of is using a short pipe renderer like this (or DX12 to be fair) to try and recreate nuts.wad in Quake, since that would lend itself well to that kind of gameplay situation.

Fine, now I want to know how many thousand frames people are getting.