STAR CITIZEN

So what happened to this game?

As someone who just liked the idea of it and never spent a single dime or had the effort of keeping up with the scam drama, can someone fill me in on what it's current state is? I just wanna space truck with custom UIs.

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/WJREb
archive.is/Fvh1d
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Development is slow because they have to rework netcode.
A few updates were released recently bringing persistent damage states, ammo and purchased shop items between log ins.
Next update should include expansion of map and "under the hood" improvements meant to build framework for new item interaction systems and such

netcode continues to be a problem because of cryengine sucking ass in that department, they're working on it.

This is all you need to know OP

Furries can purchase a ship, but theres nothing stopping you from suicide bombing it in your starter.

the shilling is real

So Chris Roberts made a bunch of videos about how cool this going to be, people bought a lot of JPG ships, he made $100 million and the only thing of note that's come out of it is a shitty CryEngine FPS thing.

There's more space game in Metal Slug 3, let alone older or incomplete games in the genre like Elite/Frontier, X3, fuck even X-Com Interceptor.

The entire development has been a clusterfuck because Roberts is as financially respectable as a crack addict.
The worst news to come out recently is they spent 6 figures adding star-trek style doors to the building they rent then announced a shift to "minimal viable product". Basically they have realized they can't deliver what was promised so are just doing enough to avoid being sued by backers.

Were did I say they were stopping development?

We're still waiting for the point where he said they were stopping development.

there is a difference between real criticism and making shit up because of cherry picked quotes taken out of context

explain to me what "just doing enough" means and implies please

Hmmmmm
HMMMMMMMMM

But they can't.

uh.. what?
don't go full retard.

And? That is what moving to "minimal viable product" means. Also why after bumping the thread 4 times do you suddenly start saging when someone disagrees with you?
Others may call you a shill but I just can't see "the Holla Forums market" being a market anyone cares about.

I meant "they currently haven't delivered enough to prevent legal action and are continuing development until they have". I can even expand on that by adding they will probably continue development after v1.0 is released if they make enough money through micro-transactions.

ANYWAY IGNORING THE SHILLS

OP if you want to see what has been worked on the last few months look for the "monthly studio reports"
those give a fairly good idea of what is being developed and a framework for what is coming, as well as recaps as to what has been done.

for whatever reason there are a lot of people very invested in defending their belief that nothing is happening with the game but it's not hard to find what really has been.

There are delays, but no "six figures on a door" for example. If you're interested check it out.

Do you even realize we have IDs here, shill?

You keep using that word.

Roberts is smart though. I doubt he put any of his own money into this project.

Maybe he thinks they are ED shills

He's the same dumb ass that nearly got George Lucas to sue Origin into the fucking ground when Wing Commander came out. He's an "ideas guy" who has coasted on the backs of others.

He left a successful vidya career to go fail in Hollywood for a couple of decades, maybe he just follows his passions or maybe he isn't that smart as he left before vidya became one of the fastest growing industries in history.

Maybe a couple of grand at the start but I'm sue no matter what happens this whole thing is going to be a win for him even if it's just by paying his wife a huge wage for a few years.

Now the real question is, will Roberts get JUST'd?

Do you think he's (84)?

You forgot:
"I haven't even played SC yet!"

I doubt it, he has clearly been talking to lawyers with what they are doing to cover their ass. This combined with kickstarter scammers being able to double down in the past makes me think he will be fine.
I would prefer SC actually be a great game but if that isn't an option I would love to see him JUST'd

Oh yeah I remember that, it was complete kek when he admitted to not playing Star Citizen and tried to argue with someone who had. anyone got the archive?

Off to a good start BTW.

I looking for an archive. I have two of the threads saved, I know THAT thread was between mid-September and late-October of last year.

Fuck

Some shit:

. Procedural planets are on the way
. The FPS module is expected soon (the one everybody thought they dropped)
. The 2.5 update is expected soon.
. They may show 2.6 / 2.7 at Gamescom
. The fat dude who went to Disneyland and ended up on a Japanese TV show got released from hospital

I think this is it. If not then it's another thread with an autist blowing throw like 90 posts.

archive.is/WJREb

So Ben is on his way? How is an employee a feature?

I was just commenting that it doesn't feel like a year, I still remember that thread like yesterday.

Good to know it only took +100 million to get a feature that's been in space games for 20 years or more into this one.

Why are you so salty dude.

The claim that nothing is happening with the game is obviously untrue!

Something is happening: the entire project is going up in smoke as backers frantically jump ship after concluding that the project is absolutely undeliverable as currently proposed and will never ever be the game CR has touted for 5 years (it's been that long). Star Citizen is hollow - it has no structural foundation (game design) to support the walls and roof and window dressing (fancy assets) that CIG has spent over $100 million on. The game tech demo is a bundle of million-polygon assets and terribly implemented mocap animations loosely strung together by an insufficient engine - and with literally hundreds of complex mechanics and features that still need to be conceptualized from the ground up and then somehow smoothly implemented, the fun is just beginning. It will be like a game of nightmare tetris; fueled by fraud and impossible to finish.

CIG has attempted to cut their losses through clandestine alterations to the terms of service, which prevent new backers from obtaining refunds. The LA district attorney is now building a legal case, and collecting information from people affected by what would be called a scam by any reasonable standards. A falsely represented product, devised to decieve people for financial gain. Every piece of SC media released by CIG is proof of that.

I found it!

archive.is/Fvh1d

ctrl+f "6203711" and "6204799"

You know 3D Realms managed to make Duke Nukem Forever twice in 5 years and then trashed and restarted over and over again? With like 1/5 the funding?

CIG can't even get a single iteration of the FPS section going in that time frame.

Nice.

In a Star Citizen thread, the best way to smoke out Shitizen Shills is to say two words

Derek Smart

Of course these two words also have a side effect of sening none-shills into fits of laughter or trolling

Derek Smart
Derek Smart
DEREK SMART

The last time we did that I think we accidentally ended up summoning Holla Forums

Holy shit I just checked his twitter. He is STILL at it over a year later. I guess he didn't get anything legally actionable though.

if eventually becomes good before any other great sandbox space game shows up then its fine i guess

so far im still stuck with X3:AP

…Orson is alright too.

Always in the mood for some baneposting too, they can fuck right off with the kino though

oh the PEAS have always been know for their

I agree, kino is halfchan tier.

When is that StarCon cringefest again? It was a blast last time. My favourite moment was when they celebrated how long they haven't released a video game.

The 9th of October

Reminds me of how I was playing on some SS13 server where one furfag donated some money to admins in return for furry skin exclusively for himself.

We had so much fun kidnapping him, strapping him to bed and burning him to death with flamethrowers EVERY FUCKING ROUND. And when someone was AI or robot, he would take care to isolate and neutralize non-human scum in accordance to Law 1, as it poses potential damage to humans. Good times.

Please tell me there are screenshots.

Nothing. It's coming out November 2014 as promised :^)

i need some pics, user.

I swear the only thing more annoying than people mindlessly defending something are those mindlessly attacking it.

If you only evaluate the present game in a vacuum, then you might be under the mistaken impression that it's going quite well. There is actually something to play. Something infuriatingly buggy, but playable nonetheless.

If you evaluate the game in the context of: what was initially promised, when it was initially promised, how long it has been in development, what was shown to us in trailers and alleged gameplay footage, where the funding is going, the internal politics of the project, the technical feasibility of what is planned, the information being kept from us, and what other developers in the space genre have accomplished in the same amount of time with less resources, it should be unquestionably obvious that the project has become a scam in every sense of that word. Nothing in the above list is going okay.

It may have started out as an honest project, but at this point all Cloud Imperium's doing is maintaining a shiny facade to keep revenue flowing, because they are living day-to-day after spending virtually all of the original crowdfunding budget.

Not videogames.
Has citizen in the title therefore it's shit. Also cryengine.

Question us, will Derek Smart become an hero when the game releases.

Possibly, but I think it's more likely he'll die before that distant event occurs.