Porg Lucas approves.

The Bird Reich

Porgs are flightless though.

porgs are fucking furby wannabes

haha based black people

nager bitte

not gay or disgusting enough

Wonder how furties feel about porgs

I see this is where most of their research budget went into, make a cute mascot to sell a lot of merchandise with. So these porgs supposed to be some kind of penguin seal? Its appearance annoys me because it's "over-engineered" would be a word to describe it maybe?

they are actually utilized well

Always agreed with that. The design contains all those generic details for a cute creature like big eyes, seemingly cuddley. I could see why people think they are cute but immediately spotted those details as if something was off. It's disney, so fabricated just to be 'cute'. There isn't any real substance to them, just has everything which can be called cute. Annoyed me right off the bat.

Incoming merchandise

That's because you can tell unconsciously the subtle details that says "this isn't alive". First the hard straight edge around the sunken eyes, the "fur" actually doesn't look like proper fur or feathers if that's actually fur then compare it to a platypus if that's feathers then it's not shiny and smooth enough, the nostrils and mouth have that unnatural upwards shape and disproportionate size for a supposed "adult", finally it doesn't even look like it has a spine let alone a bone structure to speak of.
Granted half of this is most likely because it is just a muppet prop but they actually tried to make Yoda look as organic as they possibly could. Another thing is that it looks like a baby, a cross between a baby penguin and a baby seal to be precise. If there was a much more mature uncute adult around then the suspension of disbelief would be more resilient and it would look much more believable.

How does one dress up as a "video player?"

lel