POSTAL 2 - June 2016 Mall Grand Reopening!

Well that was anticlimacticalthough that's the point isn't it

Running with scissors is still pretty awesome.

Name any other company that still updates their games after 13 years.

Blizzard, unfortunately.

Is this a well placed advertising thread since the game is on sale right now? I'm not even mad, I own a physical copy but at 2 bucks I'll buy it again.

For a second there I thought it was banes mask on the table

It was in steam update news. Could still be an ad, I wouldn't rule it out as a possibility.

Valve

Fucking Running With Scissors. Postal 2 Redux when?

Reminder that
>>>/krotchy/
is still dead.

I'm even surprised they even updated the game with that area in mind. I never really saw the point of that area in the first place, unless it was from an injoke they had like "Wouldn't it be funny if a decade from now we were still making games?"

sensiblechuckle.gif

postal 2 has the weirdest ambiance and i love it

I really appreciate the weirdness of their audio design.

RWS probably did that as the in-joke you mentioned. They're one of the only companies I can think of that don't completely shit on their fans so it would make sense that they'd do something like that to see if fan loyalty could get them into the next decade.
On an unrelated note, what do you guys think Running with Scissors are going to do for their new IP that they said they're working on since POSTL Redux is out?

Novalogic was still pushing updates up until recently I've heard.

I downloaded a version of portal 2 once packed by russians and the folder and installer referred to it as postal 2

Postal 3 when?

People actually enjoy Postal 2? The game play is than average shooters of the time and the jokes are about as pathetic and hamfisted bordering on gross as American Pie movies.

Its the game for the retarded Pew Die Pie fan type before the retarded shit of today existed.

They only do it because they literally can't make a game that would sell better than nostalgia

NEVER EVER

Any company that releases their game under a Free/Open Source license basically says: "Here, we don't want this game anymore, you guys take it but remember to share". Art assets can be problematic of course, but they effectively release the game's engine for free, allowing people to update and optimize it as much as they'd like. Games under Public Domain are even more so the property of people modifying them, as everything is up for grabs.

You don't know how to play games properly and make tumblr tier canned arguments.

you'd think they have nostalgia going on for them, but look at steamspy.com/app/401680
Postal Redux bombed hard

So is pretty much every board under >>>/furry/

same date as HL3

I wish I could forget Postal 3…

Yeah, but the burning question of when it will be released just keeps cropping up in your mind, know what I'm saying?

I have to say, I admire these guys. I mean I'm more of a Nintendo-esque guy I hate modern Nintendo so I tend not to usually touch these kinds of games, but I respect them.

Man I love Running With Scissors.

You're a faggot. Throwing scissors are the best weapon of all time.

When I was 13 I would have loved it. But Part of growing up is you stop finding le randumb shit funny.

Who am I kidding, this is an EMarketing thread anyway or posts made by kids. Its summer. Who else would still find memes funny.>>10190141

And part of growing old is dropping the facade and just enjoy what's fun. "Becoming a grownup" is feminist lingo too, it means to accept social pressure.

Just played this game for the first time the other day, damn is it comfy.
Are there any games like it, except with multiplayer? Gmod with Holla Forums is the only time I've experienced something that comfy with multiplayer and its dead.

THIS
I want both Postals on my PS4

This is so true.
Some of the most immature game fanbases are not in fact shit like sanic but fanboys of "serious" and "mature" games who decide the best thing to do to prove their maturity is by doing a complete 180.
Like for example GTA fanboys are some of the biggest autists I've seen, who despise most games outside GTA - like everything sci-fi and fantasy, because that's immature, childish and unrelatable. To the point that they pretend GTA 2, SA and V never existed. Which is paricularly hilarious to me because GTA was never as serious as they claim.

Are there beautification mods for this game?
Also what's up with the super bright whites in this game?

The fact that the people who own the franchise were willing to say this shows how much balls they have.

Friendly reminder; >>>/krotchy/ is a board made by RWS and it somehow still exists.

Its a well known fact that they have a massive hate boner for Postal 3 due to how bad it ended up. Hell, they literally give you an achievement in Postal 2 base by going to the junkyard, finding a hidden copy of the game, and pissing on it.

It's not just bad, the publisher for that game was a complete cunt that rushed the ruskies making the game so that's why it ended up as abysmal as it did. They also cut off contact with RWS so I don't think they even make money from the game sales.

Well, technically, ruskies were rushing themselves, since Trashmasters was created by Akella specifically to make shitty cash grabs of movie adaptations at the time. Postal 3 was too big for them, they kept wasting people and money (that's also kinda the fault of the 2008 economic crisis), they were obviously retardedly incompetent with actually developing a game and the rest is history.

I absolutely take any excuse to go back to Postal 2, one of the reasons why i like it so much is the engine itself, the old Unreal 2 engine is so freaking comfy, I have spent so many hours on it on games like the original KF, it's good to see them still caring about their game.

Postal II is my comfy time game. I would love to see what a new from the ground-up kind of postal game would be like but the fact that Postal II still gets updates and how good the expansion was is really something special.

Dumbfucks like you memeingly missing the point like that are the reason why Postal was actually allowed to turn into that

You don’t stop laughing when you grow old, you grow old when you stop laughing.

is this a bait?

Considering the amount of shit you can do, it very well can be a comfy as hell game on a private server. It was practically an interactive IRC chatroom. Had movie nights there, even.
t. admin

Does the Redux include the Japanese -only levels?

They also came along to a GG meet kek.

This is fairly accurate. Underneath the humour that's a rather well-made indie game in Postal 2. Plenty of hidden shit and little details that you don't get in modern AAA games that show the devs cared more than they let on.

I think all this shit is fairly blatant pandering to user / 8ch / GamerGate fags because RWS is a fairly small studio with virtually no money for PR that hopped onto the bandwagon for sales.

That being said, the fact that they always had a shit reputation means that they also don't give a shit about PR and thus enjoy the fool's license. I was genuinely baffled when they removed the school shooting scene from the Postal I remake because "muh feels", doubly so because the school shooting a) was not even real and b) only showed how completely bonkers the first Postal Dude was.

i don't know , i was always under the impression that there was an aspect about that incident that made them reverse the decision of including a school shooting in their game they never mention but leave clues for people to guess or maybe that's just the conspiratard in me talking

it's not like anyone in the media or even the gaming press would or did even bother giving them a fair shake or even an opportunity to tell their side of things regardless of it

What did they replace the school shooting scene with anyways?

they replace it with postal dude going to a funeral (maybe his dad?) and as soon as the coffin gets lowered he collapse and passout to the ending. in hard mode there are more people present (in normal its only a saint or preacher or whatever you call them) there are unused kids model in the game and they removed the kid in the ending picture with the pool of dead people but i didnt notice it till someone told me
they replaced some texts on each level but im not sure, they changed the M16 to a MP5. thats all i notice in the changes beside the gameplay and graphics

No, the texts i'm pretty are the same, is just that on hard, it's the postal dude thinking that everyone is infected by a virus while on medium and easy, it's just insane rambling.

Also I think i saw them mention that it was because school shootings were not as common back in those days so it was an "acceptable taboo"because it barely happened perhaps? Maybe?

so to get the bomb ass metal text is to play on hard? gotta do that soon

Most people who are puzzled why People enjoy Postal 2, here little walk down Memory lane: Back when it was released, it was it became cult classic. Another dirty secret of its success was the fact that the BPjS has put it onto the index a few years before every pleb could watch it all on Youtube. Since it isn't that bad, Postal 2 managed to turn Postal into a household name among gamers. Nothing less, nothing more. Postal 1 was also even less successful- After the first shock it was kinda forgotten.

I remember only hearing about Postal 2 as a myth shared by kids as this "Extremely gory and violent game that has been banned in many countries"

I think the word of mouth alone catapulted it high.

but then postal 1 did a big come back when lots of people got access to postal 2 thanks to the internet and they think "huh postal 1? i bet it'll be as funny as the second game" and get really horrified

They didn't put those in the redux due to feeling they were bad quality levels.

but they will remake them and put them in their next update
i like the music that they use for it

Since when does a M16/M4 look even remotely similar AK -47? I don't think being on the strongest drugs would even do that.

Funny thing is, gameplay footage of it is in a Black-Eyed Peas music video.