SS13 - Space Station 13 General

Still Dead Edition

What is Space Station 13?
pastebin.com/xQB9L74c

You can download the BYOND client or join our server directly from your web browser to play. The web client is presently unreliable, and we recommend the latest BYOND client for the best experience possible. The BYOND client is presently compiled for Windows only, though it is compatible with WINE. You will need a BYOND account to connect to our server.

Client download: byond.com/download/

Web client: byond.com/play/embed/74.91.121.114:7777

NewStation
byond://74.91.121.114:7777
Tickrate - 0.6 // Random Names ON

NuNewStation
someone post the ip please
Tickrate - ??? // Random Names ???

8station.miraheze.org/wiki/Main_Page

github.com/BigSlice/-tg-station

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/FNgyH23a
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Oh, and the
DESIGNATED
E
S
I
G
N
A
T
E
D
playtime is every day at 4PM EST now. ;^)

Dead server. Dead game.

pastebin.com/FNgyH23a

Barotrauma.

sorry newstation. i already tried to bring this shit back, and people are more interested in shitposting than having fun.

that being said i did wonder briefly if some of the shitposting is from other servers trying to dissuade anyone from potentially jacking their playerbase. it wouldn't be the first time.

God, this is sad.

No, other servers would be more concerned with competing servers rather than servers with an average of zero to one players throughout the day. Seriously, what other servers could possibly be concerned about a server this minor taking their players?

More likely it's just your average halfchan tier shitposters/people who are genuinely butthurt over an Holla Forums server existing shitting up the thread combined with a lack of interested people and smaller population of the site. Take /vg/ for example, it has a general up on halfchan 24/7 and despite the large amounts of posts it has an average of what? 30 players? The interest in the game is just lacking overall and where there is interest there isn't always the will to learn how to play the game.

All that's left now are memories.

Everything ends. That's what gives it value.

What do you guys think about a hypothetical vampire race/condition/mode?

byond://104.36.80.108:55727
NuNewStation IP, 2 people, get in here.

I'm out

We just need to have 3 guys bring their gaming friends at the same time.

I tried bring my friend so we can Holla Forums spess together.
He thought it was too confusing and obtuse, so he gave up.

Not on this server.

Is BYOND's Linux client still busted?

The /vg/ one can get to above 75 during its high points, so it's not just because its a niche game. I know this because it's now my primary SS13 serber

So nobody was kidding about hippiestation being cancer.

how do you guys do this? the stations get so fucking clustered

Right? 20 is too many for me, most the time, and I end up just fucking around the whole round as a result.

Why was the source changed to shitty Baycode? Because literally one retard complained about the TG Station source?

Autism-mining is the best shit and now that it is gone you've lost two of your players. Change that shit back and we will return, but fuck Baycode. It's built off of the wrong type of mental handicap. Goddamnit man.

Jesus christ this game is volatile, I'm sorry.

/tg/stations atmos code is dogshit though. They purposely made the atmos calculations per tick slower to make transfer-valve bombs more of a pain in the ass to create. Its their typical ham-handedness and I don't want any part of it.

Not really, you just feel like it is because you are used to DEDSERB.

Highpops do DIE fast because even non-TATORs will fuck off and start doing antag sabotage since they can hide in a crowd though and no one will bother talking and just go and steal shit from other depts if they need it..

If anyone wants to play SS13 right now, Liberty is pretty fun and has original content and doesn't lag.

It also has 10 players instead of the normal 0 that new has.

just kidding im a huge fag and this server is fucked now

what codebase do people *actually* like?

people bitch about /tg/, people bitch about bay. /vg/ is cool, and uses an atrocious amount of RAM.

The only codebase I've ever played on was /tg/ modified of course

Idiots

Best code,for real?
Lifeweb

So… anyone online right now?

/tg/ is classic and generally solid despite questionable recent decisions, /vg/ is wasteful but cool, bay is pretty bad compared to /vg/ even though /vg/ is a slog, cm is merely pretending to be ss13, and oss13 is a corpse

I just want better borgs and more mechs with drill based weaponry

and xenomorpths to be like actual xenomorpths

The servers are dead because the thread is dead too.

Allow me to clarify:
This thread didn't really serve to discuss the game. People did that on OOC. They even did it on the other two boards.
No, this thread was the face of our comunity. Not of a specific server since we had many, but of the comunity we created.

When that face looks fun, strange and relaxed, lurkers will open it, read a few posts. Not all of them will go byond that, but a few will pick up the game. Some of those will even stay for a few months. But they all leave after a while. We all did.
Which is okay, since the thread was always atracting new players. You could stop playing for a month or two, come back and find 20+ players.

Now, everyone has their own ideas about why the servers died. Some will blame the admins. Some will blame the players. Some will blame FGNY. Even goons and SJW's or TG infiltrators and other bogeymans periodically came up.

In my opinion? Shitposters.
That easy. It wasn't a concerted effort by some third party. It wasn't admins busing every round or players being griefing assholes. Admins fucked a lot (as expected since they were picked from Holla Forums and we're all faggots) and the players griefed their share (because surprise, they come from Holla Forums aswell).
No matter how much the admins fucked up, or how much the players griefed, the servers remained online with 20 players at night.

What changed was the thread. And it was subtle. And let's be frank, Holla Forums already has a problem with rampant shitposting. Nobody would notice our thread getting filled with it too.
Someone can search the archives, but I recall one thread that had nothing more than admins and players shitflinging each other with maybe 3-4 players asking "Can we please talk about the game?"

What the admins AND players should have done was take that shit to /nt/ or /ss13/. Those are our problems from our comunity. Should have been handled there. Not on the thread were potential new players would consider playing or not.

It's just the normal cancer and faggotry of chans. Most of the people shitposting didn't even care about the game. Hell, Mark didn't care either. From Pizzastation to Newstation, you could jump in the game and the OOC would have people chilling and being friendly 90% of the time with the occasional salt.
Only the thread had that perpetual shitposting storm.
Which makes the obvious even more obvious: shitposters don't care about nothing else besides shitposting.

Admins started trying to cater to shitposting. That went as well as catering to SJW.
Then players catered to shitposters as well with similar results.

I warned Bigslice when he started Newstation.
Those 20 players he had? They were just people joining in to shitpost on the thread with screencaps of the playercounter. A week later they were gone. They had their fill and moved on.
Gitgud and his gang disappeared from the threads. Since they don't come anymore, the shitposters don't have eazy targets anymore and they don't post either.

So the first thing that died was the Servers.
Next, this thread will slowly die when it slides off the board with 7 posts and 2 images, 3 of which asking "Anyone online?"
The third thing to die will be the comunity. Because we're all spess man, and we will always remember what we had. And that will take a great deal of time to let go.
t. Koriath :^)

no that's why the servers died, cunts trying to find someone to blame rather then fix the problems at hand

see you spess cowboy…

Everyone shut the fuck up and play.

Of those there were plenty too, yes.
Both admins and players.
And there was a lot of discussion as well about a lot of different things. Read: ACTUAL discussion. Not 24/7 adhominem from both sides.

But there's two ways of "complaining legitimely".
You can calmly state why you think something is a problem and then propose an alternative. (Ideal)
You can state that something is a problem but don't propose an alternative (not as good)
Or you can post memes, use red text and call boggeymans.

Most people did the second. Which is kinda natural since most people weren't in charge, it's not their job to find alternatives, only voicing their disagreement with something.
Some people rarely did the first and those were the best threads with 70 posts in a row discussing a new feature or how to fix something. I think I still have a notepad somewhere with that revised "Space Law" some anons wrote once.

Sadly for you and me, we're on a chan and people have every right to opt for the third despite the consequences.
See, everyone of these three options leads to a problem being pointed out and then changed. Maybe it gets fixed, maybe it creates another problem, but things do change.

Were they differ is in the outside appearance they give. I didn't join the TFC thread here on 8ch because I saw too many people doing the second one for instance. And I have enough IRL aquaintaces that love to bitch about shit without doing anything to fix it themselves.

Even behind all those bad jokes, memes and shitposting, there were indeed legit points. Things people wanted, things people didn't want.
But they were expressed in a very autistic and spergy way. By admins and players.
From an outsider perspective, this thread was on par with the Tumblertale one, or the Overwatch one too. It's shit they wouldn't click and open with a 10 foot pole fearing it might be contagious.

But if you want to keep your opinion, that's fine.
But what you posted doesn't explain why Newstation went from 20+ to 0 in a month.

you forgot the fourth way

saying lots of nothing which is what you're doing right now

Yeah, supose I did.

the little game that won't quit

Get the fuck online there's people playing.

Shitposting alone did not kill the game. Most regulars ignored the thread and just played the fucking game like they wanted to. However, the shitposting did scare off new players from wanting to join in. As you've said, they equated this thread to other cancerous generals in all likelihood.

There were a few other factors as to why the player count dropped considerably. First, there was confusion surrounding the time of the weekly play sessions. This led to the player base being split between 2 times, and less fun all around. Following this was a slow decline, leading to players joining in, finding nobody else to play with and then leaving. Oh and it's also worth mentioning that our only dedicated coderfriend left, so bugs stopped getting fixed and content ceased to be added.

As I recall, weren't you one of the gang members that was shit talking my server from the very beginning? ;^)

t. server pro

Yeah, the regulars we had on Hate didn't very much care about the thread either, on that you're right.
But the regulars won't play forever. Sooner or later, they'll move on to other games. Most of the time they'll come back to play a round or two a month or two later though. But when they find 2-3 players, they don't really bother coming back at all.
So we needed a constant flux of new players. Not many, 2-3 new players per-month would suffice to keep a server up.

I didn't really mind all the meme-shitposting towards me or Hate at first. Hell, I know some of it was deserved. But I did ask anons to stop it after it reached a certain point, read: after it was 90% of the thread. Didn't really work because it's [CURRENT YEAR] and people love their memes and their /int/ tier shitposting, like /n/ reminded us recently.

> weren't you one of the gang members that was shit talking

Not exactly, I was against a new server for the same reason I was against Hatestation and then Alt station intially. It splits an already small userbase. Once the playerbase gets lower than a critical number (usually 10 players) the game naturally dies over a week. As it did.
I also thought your coderfriend would leave soon and with no more new content it wouldn't make sense to join your station. Though, I'm honestly sad he left.

Space station 13 has over 500 players faglord

bump

shitter here, are we still at sub-10 populations?

Get in here, fags. It's happening.

Get in here you assclowns. We're live.

which server?

newstation

So when we get a decent game going, some faggot comes and starts spamming the server and shitting the place up.

Really nigger?

we could use more people.

Wow quality

Nigga we played two rounds with 10 people. You were just late.

5 PEOPLE INGAME RIGHT NOW, WE CAN BE GREAT AGAIN JUST GET IN HERE