Ragnarok Online Thread: Tentacle Trouble Edition

A sprite based MMORPG. First launched in 2002 in Korea and 2003 in the US. The Grandfather to Tree of Savior.

ratemyserver.net/

A handy tool to help explain quests/items/monsters/maps. A must have.

hero-server.net/

pandoraonline.net/heRO_wiki/index.php?title=Main_Page

The private server we'll be playing on.

Key features of HeRO server are as follows:

Pre-Renewal

Low rate: 5x Base Exp / 5x Job Exp

Levels cap at 99/50 and 99/70

More can be found in Info & Features tab.

Guild name is InfinityCircuit

Type /bgm to turn on the glorious background music.

If you've never played Ragnarok, this is a great place to start. If you're an old adventurer this is a great way to relive those old times with a decent server that isn't bot infested.

Guide for finding out what loot is used in quests
irowiki.org/wiki/Quest_Items

Item of the Day for extra EXP
pandoraonline.net/heRO_wiki/index.php?title=Item_of_the_Day

Continue to genocide Siroma , level with friends and Have Fun

Other urls found in this thread:

pandoraonline.net/heRO_wiki/index.php?title=Buddy_Beanie
ratemyserver.net/index.php?page=creation_db&op=3
irowiki.org/~himeyasha/skill4/wiz.html?10rKGXnndodqafcAaxbx
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10KvoWUbGrykYgjnFfAeEOv31GfuOF6vJc8ElVBrv7fw/edit#gid=0
ratemyserver.net/index.php?page=item_db&item_id=2125
pandoraonline.net/installers/heRO_Full_20151011.zip
pandoraonline.net/heRO_wiki/index.php?title=Hatter
ratemyserver.net/quest_db.php?type=70000&qid=70001
irowiki.org/wiki/Priest#Builds
steamcommunity.com/groups/8vHeRo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Novices can't really do too much. They have a skill that can be learned via a quest called "Play Dead" that is handy, but you lose the skill if you chose any other job class (I forget is Super Novices keep it or not). Get to job level 10 and decide on what class you want ne

Your basic physical strong hitter class. Carries a sword (two handed or single handed), spear, or dagger, and a shield (if you're using a single handed sword/dagger). Swordsmen can be built a few different ways. My personal choice is to build his stats in STR, AGI and some DEX. If you're going to be a tank, swap out AGI for VIT.

Toss magic bolts of different elements at your foes. Wields staffs or daggers. Magicians are best used with INT (for strong spells) and DEX (for faster casting) builds. Other good skill points can be AGI to evade attacks, or VIT to take more hits.

Long range fighter. Archers who are using bows require arrows. So always keep an eye out on your arrow count before going into the field as arrows are consumables. You can find arrows for sale in most NPC shops. Archers Damage with a bow is determined by the DEX Stat. So pump up that DEX. Similar to the mage AGI can help you evade foes while VIT can let you take more hits.

The Happy Merchant is here! Merchants are primarily used by players who just want to get more profits on the loot they sell to NPCs. But can also be used to sell items to players by setting up a shop. You'll find lots of player owned shops around towns. Merchants can also be good fighters similar to swordsmen. To be completely honest, I don't really have a good idea on how best to make your merchant, but if you'd like to fight with a sword, dagger, or axe, I'd recommended a similar build to a swordsman.

Extra Notes from another user:
"Two-handed axes suit Merchants.

Remember, the weight that you have on your cart makes you hit HARDER, therefore ALWAYS have your cart filled to maximum capacity with whatever useless crap you have. Try to reach the perfect cap.

AGI / STR are your friends with a Blacksmith. They hit harder than Knights and faster than them, exception of a Frenzy Lord Knight. Knights just are faster, last longer and are easier to have.

Blacksmiths / Whitesmiths lack proper AoE skills, and the best skills costs MONEY, so be sure if you want a merchant.

However, if this server has resets, that I dont know, you can perfectly fine have a Blacksmith reach lv99 and not rebirth him, reset his stats to DEX and LUCK to craft elemental weapons to yourself and the guild, you can also sell them to players since they are quite valuable.

Since you craft weapons, you can try to upgrade them beyond the safe +4, try to reach +10, don't go beyond that.

Whitesmiths (rebirth of Blacksmith) can UPGRADE weapons way better than the NPC with better % chance and with less materials."

Time for my daily dose of cozy.

Agile and quick hitters, Thief's can do very well for a new player who's looking to get a bit more out of each fight. Using daggers or swords Thief's can learn double hit as a passive skill to sneak in a little extra damage per hit. They can also attempt to steal items off monsters even if they don't fight them at all! Thief's are built best with STR and AGI in mind with some DEX thrown in. There are other ways to build a Thief but that's just my suggestion.

Everyone's best friend. The main healer of the party. Acolyte's specialize in buffing and healing other members of their team. Build them with INT for stronger heals and more SP or be a combat Acolyte and put points into STR. Ether way, remember to buff your self and your party members.

Taekwon's are a pretty interesting character type. They primary use no items to attack with other than their kicks. Leveling up Taekwon's skills are basically determined if you'll go ether Taekwon Master or Soul Linker. Level a Taekwon with STR, AGI or VIT and some DEX to help hit. You'll start out your early days being a physical fighter so be strong for now. If you decide to go the magical path of a soul linker, you can always reset your stats in this server (for a price of zenny).

Extra Notes from another user:
">I've never played Taek Master

Star Gladiator (Taek Master) are the most weird class of the bunch, depending if the number of the day is odd, or if it's day or night or what month it is… His power changes.

He can only have one of these powers in three maps, however, you can stack all of these in a single map.

It also focus on targets with the same name, choose wisely.

As you can see, it sounds pretty stupid, but when you have a Star Gladiator stacked a single map, they become GOD destroyer of worlds.

This little fellas deal MASSIVE damage on that map and are truly fearsome.

If you are an advanced player or you want to invest to be filthy RICH make a Star Gladiator and put your three maps on Morroc, where all the Satan's Morroc shadows are. If you focus the Ghosts you can try to lure them alone and 1v1 them into oblivion and pray to the gods that you get Diabolus ring, which usually costs a fucking fortune."

Gunslingers are ranged fighters who specialize in firearms, be it revolvers, shotguns, Gatling guns or grenade launchers (there might be more but I think thats all of them). Gunslingers will have to buy all there ammunition from venders, similar to how a archers arrows are consumables so are bullets and shells. Level up similar to a archer with Dex as your primary focus. AGI or VIT to dodge or stay alive longer. Gunslingers are pretty neat if you can get the hang of them, but NOT A RECOMMENDED STARTER CLASS as the weapons are expensive and the ammo is slightly as well.

Extra Notes from another User:
" This is a FUN class with NOTHING more. It's REALLY expensive to have a Gunslinger and ANY class do all of their jobs better.

However it's just fun to switch from pistols to shotguns or gatling gun just cause you can.

His skills costs money too even."

Ninjas are a little strange as they can be ranged, up close and magical all at the same time. Figure out what one you want to make and build accordingly. I've seen some pretty crazy stuff done by ninjas in my time, so I've come to respect them as a class. Plus they look neat. Sorry for lack of detail on this class, I've never successfully built a proper ninja so I have little to offer.

Extra notes from another user:

" Like the gunslinger, its an expensive class and not recommended for beginners.

However Ninjas can be of use unlike Gunslingers.

Melee if PvP. Magician Ninja if PvE and PvP. If you wanna throw shurikens in PvE delete the character."

Masochists unite! This is your class if you feel like suffering as a novice for 45 base levels. Super Novices (or SN) will find that they have all main 6 1st classes skills available to them! Whats nuts about it is that you're allowed to get 99 Job levels! So you can really get a ton of first class skills and mix and match. Mind that because of this builds will vary. But if you can deal with the suffering and strife of those first 45 base levels as a novice, this might just be for you.

pandoraonline.net/heRO_wiki/index.php?title=Buddy_Beanie

I highly suggest any new players attempt this quest. Not only will it familiarize your self with the world, but also unlock this wonderful hat.

"The Buddy Beanie is a hat geared towards lower level characters! If you are base level 85 or lower, then you obtain the following bonuses: +600 HP, +80 SP, 5% more exp earned from non-boss monsters. All characters gain the 3 defense from the hat regardless of base level, and it is refinable. It has a weight of 20, is equipped in Upper Headgear slot, and requires a minimum base level of 12 to use. "

A collection of praises from users in threads.

07/14/16 (Thu)
"The game has a level of open-endedness that only games like EVE can top, and this was further reinforced by constant updates of good content and a subtly enforced sense of community; players are also relevant to the game at all times, whether its to the economy through item/card drops, what content they can access,or community-driven matters.

We may urge people onto an easy fast track for leveling, but even amongst us being eager to share our veterancy, we all have varying ideas and strategies about how to play the game and progress, especially early on; and this is something that's even survived the era of forum/gamefaqs guides for literally everything.

Everything about the game, from its art to its music was solidly done and iconic; down to every last enemy and map in the game, which you could show to any RO player and they could tell you something unique about it; whether it's the weakness of the enemies there, the card the wandering boss of the area drops, the requirements to enter, or just the music.

To me, it's the Thief of MMORPGs; a game that's spectacular, only because it did things right, and it should've been surpassed far, far long ago."

07/14/16 (Thu)

That's a bigger deal than it sounds like.

Just saying RO is merely more open than ToS is an understatement, you can go anywhere anytime and party up with anyone to kill strong ass monsters to level fast or get good gear, you will most likely die trying though, because the monsters are a real danger even if you have the same level as them.

There are no questlines guiding you through the game, you basically level just by killing mobs and the few quests give you stuff like items, special skills and access to new areas.

The gear is much more solind in this game too, Instead of getting a new sword every 5 levels you can get a top tier neutral element frmo the shop instantly if you have the cash, note that it may not be the best sword, because those often lack card slots for advanced builds and they have no element. This makes crafting gear and refining a much more important thing right from the low levels.

The best thing in it to me is the monster layout and party playing, there are strong monsters everywhere and they can be anywhere on their respective maps, makes playing with a party very important in almost every place you go especially on the higher level areas. Of course you can still solo, but you'll be pretty limited and will have to tackle weaker challenges.

Note that when you kill an enemy, no matter your level, you always get the same XP, so no matter if you're and kill a lvl1 monster or manage to kill a lvl100 one there's no XP penalty. You still get shit % frmo the low levels because they give you low XP already, but killing stronger enemies anywhere is very rewarding. In most MMOs and even ToS if you team up and kill a strong monster you get shit XP because of level discrepancy, instead you have to go into shitty instance dungeons and kill low level strong monsters.

07/18/16

Ok, Copy Pasta is served up.

So, As we continue to genocide Siroma from ice dungeons, I encourage you to always try to work along side your guildmates. Makes grinding easier and always good to have a friend to help you out (or to help out a friend).

I've never played this game.
Can you become a necromancer?

unfortunately, the only "summoner" type class is Alchemist, and even then the summons become more and more of an afterthought the closer you get to endgame play

Weapon crafting table
ratemyserver.net/index.php?page=creation_db&op=3

You can check the site for stuff like arrow crafting too, and just a database in general

That's too bad.

Any other aspects of the game interest you?

The game looks good but I don't know how to get onto it.
It looks overwhelming.

It can be a bit. Most MMO's have a sort of intimidation factor. But if you're willing to try a new experience with a some what lower population of players as well as a now decently populated guild (that you're welcome to join) I think you can have a good time with us.

Any particular class that I posted above catch your eye? Having a class that you're interested in is a good way to start.

A few sound interesting.
Gunslingers tend to be cool
Paladins are either great or fucking gay.
Mages are either amazing or underwhelming.
Have you any recommendations perhaps?
That could peek my interest.

I haven't played in recent years but a while back I had a warlock I was pretty proud of since I solo grinded from being a lowly mage. Mage isn't all that fun since the spells are pretty basic but as soon as you hit Wizard that all changes and you can start comboing with shit like storm gust (I think that was the name?) and then hitting them with jupitel thunder. I can't speak to paladins since I went knight route and I also can't really speak to knights either since I completely fucked mine up and it only ended up being good as a fat tank spamming taunts all day.

They look pretty cool but unless you've got a good supply of cash its not good for beginners as the bullets are more expensive than arrows. They are a fun class to some degree, but yeah, expensive and dificult.

Paladin/Crusader is actually what I've been doing as the leader of the guild. I've enjoyed it, however I do feel that they are horrible for soloing with. Much better when working in a group with others.

Mages early on can be pretty neat. They are easy to level solo as long as you pick a target you can outrun. When they go Wizard or Sage, things get even better.

If I had to recommend any particular class for some one just starting out I'd have to recommend a thief. They require little in the way of armor, with a build of STR, AGI and DEX they become hard for monsters to hit and with double attack you can sneak in extra damage. also, you can steal extra items off mobs. Great class to start exploring the world and gathering items to fill an inventory.

If you decide to give the game a shot, let us know who you are by posting your character name. that way we can try to get you into the guild. My character name is S.Logan .

Hey, Thatch here.

I need the guy who does our crafting. I have a huge order of refining some iron ore/iron into steel and then making my ele damascus.

I doubt you're on now, so i'll be on sometime after 5 server time (which is EST) If you could be on, that'd be awesome.

The "easy" classes to level are usually DPS classes. Agility Swordsman, Thief, Archer, Mage. Merchant and Acolyte are harder to level early on, but get easier depending on what you go for. Battle Blacksmith is a monster and combo Monk is great fun and dps (but I am biased here as I have been playing ragnarok for years almost always as a monk). Alchemist requires quite a bit of gold so he is a bad first class, and Priest is quite hard at first but if you know the places where you can healbomb mobs to death then you can level up relatively fast.

Depending on your party composition the spots you can level differ. A week or so ago I was in a party with a priestess and a bard killing stuff in the Assassin's Sphinx. I would tank Minouros while the bard DPSed them down, and when we would find the dangerous anubis undead I would use Blade Stop to halt it on its tracks and give time for the priestess to Exorcize it.

You don't have to worry too much about this though - just ask around the clan and folks are very willing to help out. This is what makes the game great - community is a huge part of it.

Droseras(a strong plant enemy that doesn't move and doesn't heal itself) are easy and fast early grind for mages with fire bolts, just find one, keep your distance and fire away until it dies.

What would be the best build for MVP on an archer class?

The journey begins anew.

Congrats.

If you got some witherless roses or lucky clovers from events, I'd suggest selling those to get some funds for transcendence.

This. Never skip events. I became an overnight multimillionaire after scoring a dozen bloody branches during the massive swarm of events we had a week or so ago.

FUCK SIROMAS
MADE ME QUIT THE FUCKING GAME

You know that's just the monster of the month right? next month another monster will have extra exp. Siromas won't be worth as much. Go party with others or explore the world. there is a lot out there.

Part of the fun in this game is just wondering around the world.

I'm a dinky ass wizard, everyone one shots me so I can't really explore shit unless I spam fly wings like crazy and pray that I never teleport near an enemy.

You can always make another character. I would suggest a Rogue as they have a sort of built in teleport with Intimidate.

Wizards are great, but hard to level in later levels, especially solo. Perhaps work along side a party? What level are you?

Holy fug Mika tone it down
Also waifu is loyal
fukken hurray

That's low man

Whoops.
Sorry.

Can you really do that?

Anyway, I use my hunter to farm for items to sell on Prontera. Just put all of the point in DEX. That's close enough to MvP hunting, I guess.

BTW, you can reset your stats and skills in Prontera for free if you're below lvl 40.

DS spamming sniper with 99 agi/dex and a lot of sp pots/professor support

I dont think they can solo if thats what you mean but I was looking for more of a general build on then for supporting a group during the hunts, I guess i just wasnt specific enough with my information.

I just got an Emperium Anvil from the box the save girl gives you.
Apparently it's a rare item useful for Blacksmiths, does anyone here need it? I have no idea what I'm doing in this game so I would prefer to just give it away for some cash.

How do I build my tard mage into being less of a tard wizard. Not yet wizard but having a set build to work towards until then would be nice.

Sniper MVP build is basically extreme Double Strafing: The Build.

They aren't amazing at it, in fact they can only really solo a few MVPs, but they can definitely do it. The idea is to spam high damage Double Stafings at a high enough speed to flinchlock the MVP in place so it can't reach you, whilst having enough SP to back up the spam, and enough HP to survive at least one ranged attack from the boss in question / tank his mobs.

You'll want 99 DEX for damage, about 85~99 AGI for ASPD (DS caps I think at 180 ASPD due to the slightly longer animation) So just get whatever you need to hit 180 with/without Bless/AGI up, not sure if that necessitates 99 AGI or not, plus it depends on gear a bit. You'll want about 15~30 INT for base SP, SP regen, and SP item bonuses to sustain your spam since you won't have a professor if you're soloing, and about 20~35 VIT to take a hit and survive so you can fwing or decide to stay.

server is ded

nvm its back

As far as I know I think our smith is set but hey, that's a good get.

If you have a merchant, you could see about selling it for about 1.5mil- 2mil. I think the last one I saw was going for 2mil.

You'll want to be a glass cannon. My personal favorite build is to go for Frost driver 10 and whatever lightning attack you prefer.

Frost Driver has the chance to freeze, when a monster/player is frozen they become the water type. While they are frozen start using a lightning attack for massive damage. If they aren't dead rinse and repeat.

As for stats, go full Int and Dex. Int for strong magic and Dex for faster casting. You'll be a glass cannon but you'll be fine as long as you can successfully freeze your foes.

Give it shot on wolves 2 maps south of Payon City. I hope it helps.

Don't get lightning bolt 10 if you're going wizard, since you will have jupitel thunder when you class change

Oh thats nice. I'll see if I can myself a merchant to sell it, thanks of the info.

irowiki.org/~himeyasha/skill4/wiz.html?10rKGXnndodqafcAaxbx

wew

Dank /tg/ meme.

Anyone have a link to or have a good idea of some good ways to build into an assassin? I wouldn't mind something with flavor but if it's all the same I'll probably just go crit/aspd, just don't know what skills I need and stat investment order because the guides I've found so far aren't that in depth.

screen shots from last night

weeb squad posing it up

JUST
U
S
T

I'd say go dagger since at least I can make some elemental damascus for you, elemental katars can't be forged so you'll need to buy them off other people (or drop them - good luck). Both builds require investment in gear, but you won't be worrying about that until you're a sinx.
For a dual dagger build, I'd say 94 str 92 agi 42 dex, keep agi higher than the rest and level dex accordingly to the monsters you're killing so you won't miss them, and stop at the aforementioned values. You also get an attack bonus every 10 str points total (eg. 28+2) so keep that in mind when increasing it.

Does that mean no luck for dagger build? Also do you know at all what skills I should be levelling? Skills was the main thing I couldn't find anything on

Pure dagger sin doesn't get any luck. It's fine to get some if you go hybrid.

Do you mean thief skills or sin? both?

For now just thief skills, I won't need to know sin skills for a while.

Everything max, hiding on 8.

Too easy, thanks

Guys I don't know about this

the favor is that she wants to ara ara you

Server ded?

Is the level req for elemental damascus' the same as regular ones? If so, what do I need to bring for a fire damascus? Trying to level on orcs without fire damage is getting tedious.

Yes, level 33. Refer to ratemyserver.net/index.php?page=creation_db&op=3 for weapon materials. But don't worry, I have some in stock.

Very ded for me. Been trying to log on since last night, and it just disconnect me every few minutes.

I blame Hillary.

Might be something on your end my dude, mine was was just ded for like 15 minutes.

(checked)
Do you mean you have some of the mats or some of the daggers? If the former what else would you need? If the latter, c-can I have one?

Any good Super Novice builds?

do you like da grindan game

Years later, and nothing has changed.

Balance the game, ban all monks.

Instant-Cast SN is as close as you'll get to 'good'.

Remember to do your Vote4Points and BattleGrounds, goys.

Monks and champs are fine.
Just like Biochems.
The problem is when you cater to lazy players to negate their weakness.

Then I blame the people maintaining the server for being racist against SE Asian.

Insta cast SN.

#MonksLifeMatter

I haven't played in years. I used to play with a Paladin and High Wizard. Downloading now.

I just want to listen to that glorious BGM.

Alright starting to struggle, where should an acolyte and a swordman go to grind at level 50 with no cash and no gear?

Probably Neko Island
What's your in-game name?

When you're settled in, give us your character name so we can get you in the guild.

Games better when you work as a team.

If you think that killing Siromas all day is bad, imagine having to swing with your arms

I just want a VR MMO

So I can see QT 3.14 healsluts in person

So, I've yet to play the game but I was thinking of doing so in a week or two when I get my computer fixed up.

Can anyone tell me what Sage/Professor's role is, and what they're like?
I don't have any specific class I'm interested in off the get-go, but I've been wanting to get into a more open MMO like this.

A sage is magic utility.
A professor is just an upgrade to this.

Sages can for example imbue people's weapons with elemental properties. They can cast AoE land protectors that mean all AoE spells cast in their area will not hit. Sages can interrupt spells on any player and even bosses.
They can transfer SP between players once they transcend and dispel anything, remove all buffs and debuffs from a player or monster.
They also can cast all spells while moving.

Sages are pure utility and can be annoying to level.

A wizard, the opposite side is all external and focuses on AoEs and dealing damage.

Sages are mages who don't get access to many big fancy AOE moves like Wizards do, they mostly have to work with the spells they get on 1st job. But in return they get skills that can influence the ground you stand on for you and everyone else, for example turning it into water or a swamp for buffs and debuffs.

However, that's a little impractical since this requires materials. They can be bought from NPC though.
Another thing they can do is a passive skill called hindsight. You can set up one of your spells to be autocast when you smack people with your book.

Overall Sage is a kinda gimmicky kind of magiccaster, but pretty fun regardless

That sounds pretty fun actually, though I would assume it's not too popular of a class?

I'll consider doing it, though it probably won't be the easiest class to play as a first-timer.

The good thing is that you'll have a pretty easy time during your first job since mages get pretty powerfull spells, and at the same time they are the only first class with a passive skill which increases their SP recovery, which will greatly reduce your downtime

Professors are very good in end game situations as they can give up SP to fellow team mates.

Some times people won't even start a party without a dedicated SP healer Professor.

In about an hour you guys want to take another guild picture?

I've got a bit of fun in mind for this one. Be sure you have the Comodo warp unlocked.

For PvM every good party has 1 professor. In WoE/PvP with VIT stacking and gear, they become the hardest to kill class in game.

Sure.

Sounds good to me.

Yea no kidding, I'm just as glad seeing proff in the party as seeing any priest because they can kill what I can't. They need gears to function well though.

Yes please, I need someone to Endow me when Bang and Mal are offline. In exchange many gemstones and elemental gems.

Sages are gear independent and level really fast, so it's pretty good for new players too.

Monk is cool as fuck and you can bind a main component of its combo to your mouse wheel scroll. Works well and feels super satisfying.

I assume most monk turning champs blow their load and go full/hybryd MVP build, but how good is combo Champ?

Are Rogues/Stalkers good at anything? I figure if I want to try RO again after so many years, I might as well do something both new and easy. I'm just concerned that they don't belong in a party.

Otherwise it's time for some variant of mage. Maybe a sage so I can hit shit with a book and then transition into helpless mana battery.

God damnit, quit reminding me about old times with Holla Forums.

They are pretty good as bots or fullstrip pvp assholes

Meanwhile in Comodo.

ACTUALLY meanwhile in Comodo.

Do people actually bot?

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10KvoWUbGrykYgjnFfAeEOv31GfuOF6vJc8ElVBrv7fw/edit#gid=0

Here's a quick document detailing events and how not to suck at them. I'll get around to adding Zombie Run eventually, and we can start collecting Wordzzle words here.

Oh yeah, I forgot Stalkers got Full Strip. Is PvP/WoE a thing for the guild? I'd love to help the cause by being a pervert. Strip gets a better chance off Dex and Stalkers can equip bows, so that sounds like a plan. Probably level Rogue as a sword wielder and go into bows later.

(Sieg heil)
I got some mats, and I need everything. If you have any to share, give 'em up to the pool. And I should have enough for at least 3 damascus right now.

man we own the events

Back before the days with this guild, poring smash never was able to kill the poring boss. always too few people showed up.

Now its like not even an issue, you guys always get that shit killed. It's pretty great.

Thanks for showing up to the little get together guys.

Nothin to see here~

I made my first character an acolyte. The movement speed boost from Increase Agility really helps in going around the world and getting early quests done.

I need to party up to get through the low level grind, because I only have 1 STR and 1 AGI.

Whats you're character name? I'll try to get you in the guild.

Go healbomb skelingtons in Payon Cave.

IGN is Lustercandy. I played a crusader with the same name in DFO, and it was probably one of the more engaging support roles I've played. I hope RO is as fast paced.

I've tried that, actually! Very convenient that they die in 1 heal, but the familiars get annoying.

Once you get pneuma, you can healbomb firelocks at Amatsu for really good exp.

Dan Hibiki

I'm turning it into a monk so I like the idea of naming it after the uncoordinated clutz since that's probably how functional it'll be.

Also what classes would the guild need more of, or make good use of having more of? I'm having trouble deciding on a class to settle on and getting burned out when I hit mid 40s on a couple of classes.

>Miss out on the opportunity for another photo-op.

is good feeling
I guess you just went ahead and took it Without me :^)

Sorry Without. I saw about 12 or so people online and I figured that was a good chance to get a fair amount of people to do that.

That seems to be our usual amount for people online at any point during the day. It's pretty good.

Mukas (screaming cactus bastards) two south of Morroc are PISS EASY experience for ranged, agi, or vit based characters. They are far easier to kill than metallers, and worth more experience. You can go from those to fighting cookies (green ones) in the toy factory (worth over 4k base experience atm) and run that all the way to 60 and beyond.

I started a Monkolyte last night, and I'm at job level 45 right now, with the help of a couple combat manuals to boost my EXP gain for 30 minutes a pop. In between, I went boss hunting with my gunslinger and swordsman, and powerleveled my level 32 novice into a super novice.

But user, m-multi-clienting is against t-the rules!
Yeah I started on mukas but then I just wasn't sure where to go next once they weren't giving as much anymore. So cookies are alright at ~40 or should I get a bit higher?

Also poring smash just started I think.

I play eleven different characters to keep the burnout away. Get slightly tired of leveling one character? Go farming with your swordsman or something. I park my taekwon and gunslinger on boss maps so when I log on, I load one, kill the map boss, and switch to my character of the moment that I'm actually trying to level up.

Money is nothing, since the novice events shit out Old Blue Boxes, Old Purple Boxes, gold, and other high-value stuff.

Yeah I was just in the poring smash and I'm seeing that it's not much of an issue if you manage to catch the events. How much do OBBs and DBBs go for? I guess I need to level a merchant to vend now.

Damn it. I just walked away to go star making dinner.

Oh well, Hope it gave you some good stuff.

I got this custom card, no idea if its any good or worth anything.

That looks pretty good

So who should I talk with to get in the guild?
Name's Eydan.

N-no, goy. It worth nothing. But as a good friend, I wouldn't mind taking that off of you for a sum of 50k. I'm doing you a favor here.

Dang. So assuming the 2% for both activate at the same time (or 10% if paired with the Skoll card) your weapon will become fire based at the same time you turn the enemy element into earth based (earth is weak to fire). that +15 attack is pretty nice too.

Not sure what it would best be used on, but seems like a really cool get.

Nice get.

Thanks for the generous offer Goldburg, you are my greatest ally.

Guess I'll throw it in storage then, seems like its pretty good if it does activate both at the same time.

Had to check my tabs to be sure I didn't leave the game open.

Have I gone too far?

I've been having dreams about RO the last few days.

I remember back when I played guitar hero for hours on end when I closed my eyes I could see the note icons going down, just like vaguely like just after you look at something bright and you see outlines when you close your eyes. I stopped playing when this started happening it freaked me out.

It probably doesn't activate at the same time. But endow fire will last you 20 minutes.

That's a pretty common thing, happens with stuff like bullet hell games too

Yeah now I'm aware it's nothing strange but I was like 13 and it spooped me out

I've come into some ori and I have iron ore/iron but no steel

Does att affect range attacks

Bonus attack from cards and stuff does affect ranged physical attacks, but not magic-damage.

Would a rogue with max mug be a good alternate farming character? Are stems and maneater blossoms needed on this server with so few people?

No see attack affects ranged and spells, matk stands for melee attack :^)

Stems yes
Maneaters, not so much.
Plant making isn't all that hot here since there's not extra effects to it.
[spoiler]Unless plants proc things the owner is holding[spoiler]

Plants do proc your weapon effects. 2x parasite for harassing is pretty fun

So fabre and poring cards are "hatter cards" right? So like 400k a piece?

To the right seller, yes. Look for a person named EVO something in main chat. he'll some times say he's buying for 400k.

Note that the going price for hatters on this server is 300k. EVO is just willing to spend a bit more to buy them I guess.

Alright thanks bruv yeah I saw EVOpriest buying some earlier.

Wew, they had to disable this on a server I used to play on as it was "too op".

Zombie run started

Will this game go on forever for you people?

I guess until they make a good successor but is that Tree of Saviour game not to you liking for some reason?

This whole thing started about 3 weeks ago in an MMO thread where they where asking for a comfy MMO to play. I suggested RO on this private server and two others joined me to play.

The next morning we decided to make a thread to see if others where interested in playing as well.

We're now at some 70 guildmembers mixed of new players and veterans. I'm sure if people wanted to check out Tree of Savior they would have, but here we are.

Always loved playing Alchemist yet I had to go through this quite-shit class.

I was always pissed at the game for putting my favorite class behind this grindwall.

Can't kill for shit, dies in a few hits, literally has one good combat move the other good combat move literally costs money to use. It got to the point I just wanted to fucking kill myself.

But motherfuck if Alchemist isn't just the best goddamn class in the fucking game.

I think a lot of players make the mistake of using an axe as a merchant early on because its suppose to be "your classes weapon", but axes are shit as a merchant.

You're best bet is to get a good dagger and pump stats into str,agi and dex. If you are interested in brewing or crafting with your next job you can always reset your stats (at least here on this server anyways). Leave axe using for Alchemist or Blacksmiths.

What kind of Alchemist did you play?

Server is fixed, no longer disconnect me at random intervals. Server is fixed at the same day when Trump does an ama. Meme magic is real.

>Not wanting to help the other players with your shops

Why, user.

Also, the number of player jumped from 170 to 200 today. I'm 1 among the extra 30 people from 7th world countries.

I'll be joining you all soon. Got ~10 minutes left on the download.

Neato. got any questions about the game?

Seems a lot like Secret of the Solstice/Solstice: Reborn which I played extensively when it was still up. I never got into RO, but I'm guessing the game is similar to that. So really, no. Not right now.

i vaguely remember that game.

pretty sure it was also inspired by ragnarok

Wow, I've never heard about this but looking up some images you can tell right away this took very heavy inspiration from RO.

Well, game will likely be different, but if you have any questions feel free to ask here or in the guild if you decide to join. If you'd like to join, just post your character name and I'll see if I can get you in.

Is anyone online that can add me to the guild? IGN is Edgy McGrimm

just
fuck
my
whole
guild
up

Mabinogi is max comfy. All it needs is a good private server though.

TRIGGER WARNING

NO

No fun will be had in Endless.

You are gonna need a strong shield with alice card and a 99 bit LK for this. Oh and 2-3 wizards.

*Vit

Speaking of Strong Shields, Guess who just got a Bradium Shield as a drop?

Nice but I meant this
ratemyserver.net/index.php?page=item_db&item_id=2125

I've seen the mfor sale in town, but that extra damage taken seems like a bad idea.

The new shield I got has 180 weight.

IGN is Mr Skelington

Also, is there a way to resize the client?

you can do that in setup in the ro folder

If anyone's really new and needs help, hit me up.

My IGN is "Edrao".

We're gonna find you that creamy card one day, lad.

Stack VIT and nothing but VIT. Become God.

I gave up - it wasn't meant to be.
Now I'm trying to farm Dokebi Card for the Aerial Wings quest so I can have something other than Holy Light to bolt down annoying low-level monsters.

Plant alchemist, backup acid terror.

Its specifically to counter bosses that throw around tanks

I tried ToS, and it just doesn't do the same thing RO does: let you wander into the wilderness. And get killed by monsters in the wrong neighborhood, until you find a bunch of other idiots with the same dilemma and you all team up. Well, that's not entirely true, you can wander a little bit in ToS, but there is a storyline to follow that you have to get to in order to continue. RO kind of just let you stumble around until you accidentally find a quest chain with a darker than expected story.

By the way, I wanted to ask if the guild wanted a bard or dancer, and which one. I haven't made my account yet, won't until later tonight, but I would like to make one of the musician classes next to my rogue for when I'm feeling like a lazy party slut.

They're having an RP event at 9PM EST

Who wants to come roleplay as the Good Knights of Ciabane? We have the numbers to crash this event (with no survivors), but the administration hasn't fucked with us yet so maybe we should leave them alone.

I have an archer already at job 40 if we need a bard, so a dancer might be useful for the guild if they think we need it

If it's a novice event you can just make a throwaway account and name yourself accordingly. We can have names like Knight Cia, Sir Sir? and Apothecary Pavel.

Need a bard that has braggi or dancer with apple of idun

I don't think it's a novice event because it's some RP garbage - most of the novice events (all, to my knowledge) are just the automated ones

Dancer it is. See you big guys tonight.

You have a thing called "walls" for them

apple of idun is a bard song. Dancer can't use it unless linked by a soul linker.

RP events are fun, but good god are they strict on that shit.

If you cant keep your power levels in check, just don't even bother with this one. I warn you now so that you don't come back later and ask why you where thrown in jail for reciting Moon Mans Song verbatim.

Time to get my shit together.

link to quest?

It's one of the Hatter Jr. quests, the Geffen Helm.

Hey this hat is pretty good an-
Black Dyestuffs x5

WHY

Just do the quest for the stuff.

So whats going on here?

I uploaded the two guild emblems I want to use, but nether do anything when I select them.

Anyone know whats up?

So I have been having a slight itch to play this game again.

How active is the community or the Holla Forums group?

I am not sure if to invest my time into this game or tree of saviour

It's been almost a month and we've got a fairly active guild, we're probably the largest on the server and there always seems to be at least a dozen folks playing or at least sitting around.

The server itself is small, but active; discounting auto-vendors there's always 30~60 other people on outside of whatever primetime the server has. The server takes a hard stance on AFK farming/Bots/etc, so the players that aren't shops are actually people.

Make sure it's 256 colors.

I guess I could give it a shot.
Haven't played as a monk for such a long time.

Playing this shit for weeks.

The only good card I've gotten was from fucking welfare.

Alright nerds, we've settled in and grown enough to become our own little niche. It's time we decided on a Guild Town to call our home.

Remember, you can warp to your Saved town for free by logging out in the DB Rooms, so location isn't an issue since you can always go to Prontera/Izlude for free and go to their DB rooms.

Where are we planting our flag?

My vote is for Hugel, comfiest of towns.

Lokrav's vote is for Lighthalzen

Hugel for max comfy

My picks are gonna be Lutie or Gonryun.

I do like Hugel though. its pretty.

As comfy as Hugel is with the minigames and stuff, I'm leaning towards Lighthalzen for the utility it has. Plus, we get to stay in the nice part of town.

Airship, weapon upgrades, tool dealer with Zerks / Ygg Leaves, a Hotel that gives you Blessing for sleeping there. A good low-level farming spot is right above it (Metalings). Black market NPCs that will sell you Speed Potions which give you a few seconds of moving nearly at the top speed the game allows. The town is also one of the hubs of the whole Rekenber Corporation multi-national conspiracy questline, in which Hugel has only minor involvement.

Also, most depressing dungeon in the game right here.

Either Lighthalzen or Gonryun
Hugel ain't got shit on Gonryun's comfiness

you make a compelling argument

i change my vote to lighthalzen also

I like Lutie the best

This event hasn't flown so good.

Sounds like a pretty good spot to use and still looks pretty nice too.

I like Gonryun.

The Order of Ciabane has made their first mark.
The fire rises.

On the topic of Guild Town, it seems like Lighthalzen is edging out above Hugel. I'm happy with Lighthalzen, any objections?

Mostly new to the game, I only played for a very short period of time back in the day.
Is there any PvP on this server, or is more of a cozy PvE place?
What is our rough class distribution? Anything we're lacking?

Also what is the fastest source to download a working client from? The full installer from here:
pandoraonline.net/installers/heRO_Full_20151011.zip
is throttled to 100kb/s download and would take ~5 hours to download.

Severe lack of priests and bards/gypsies for classes needed.
There is definitely PvP on this server. Our guild is so large that others are getting scared. We will probably be a wrecking ball that shakes this server's entire meta once we get basic geared and start asserting our might.
I used the direct download through the client and downloaded it in like 20 minutes.

Quick question, are there skills i want to completely skip over as a bard and skills i must have?

I'll consider a healslut or a stripper, then. I assume sages would be useful as well?
Glad there's PvP, that should make things much more interesting.
Can you explain further what you mean by this? I have a 200 MB/s connection, the problem with pandoraonline.net/installers/heRO_Full_20151011.zip has to be on the server's end.

Like I said, 20 minutes.
Sorry about your shit connection. I download pretty fast I guess.

How do you use item on monsters like yes and stuff?

Double click the item then click the monster.

You'll be very useful to parties with Song of Bragi or whatever its called maxed out.

The other songs are almost optional. I never see anyone play Apple except for my self.

Bard is kind of just "bragi please" until you become a clown. Clowns can do some serious work. Bards are just bragi players until they transcend.

Must haves are Braggi, and the Mr Kim A Rich Man duet song.

Assassin Cross of Sunset is also popular, but the rest is your choice.

You eat proper meal and feel full longer, simple as that.

Boiled chicken is pretty average compared to roast chicken in all fairness

What the fuck?

Yuck, and I wasn't the one that brought up fired oreo, this sounds nasty too.
Either way server is kill, I'm free to prepare a little meal now.

I guess neither of you have had chicken soup.

What's this mad hatter quest I keep hearing people memeing about?

pandoraonline.net/heRO_wiki/index.php?title=Hatter

wew, getting real edgy now boys

Pls don't bully my stats ;_;

Other than the luk…
Whats wrong really?

That chicken is outside the soup. I'd rather just have some slow roasted chicken over that shit.

ratemyserver.net/quest_db.php?type=70000&qid=70001

Amatsu Dungeon Entrance Quest

So as a dagger assassin, what skills should I be investing in, like are the quest skills worth getting?

7.3/10 not edgy enough

Sorry senpai I tried

Time for bed.

Check this shit I just found up in the Yggdrasil tree.

As you walk into the first room, go north across the log bridge and go along the large path. at the end should be a green herb named Crazy Merchant.

I was able to get this stuff from it by clicking on it. Everything was 1k only.

We can't all be Dark Flame Master.

I've opened 2 of the red boxes. both contained Birds Nests hats.

Some of us are all dayers. but yeah, kind of tough for some of you guys.

Still, I appreciate you guys continuing to play.

I'll keep playing as long as there's a guild and a thread, at least then it still sort of feels like we're all playing together

Holy shit this OST.

Is there any way to scale up the UI? I have grandpa eyes.

Also I'm aiming for a Priest, probably going for a build along the lines of Full Support or Magnus Exorcismus listed here: irowiki.org/wiki/Priest#Builds
Can I make it on my own without investing anything into STR or AGI, or am I gonna have to rely on parties for the whole game.

you can only solo on your own as a priest in undead heavy maps. you can heal zombies to do damage and level that way

yea in the setup program in your RO folder set the resolution to lower

I don't think you'll ever be short of people that are interesting in taking along a pocket priest though so you should be alright, but yeah like said support acolytes can't really level alone unless undeads.

Woa what, where is this place

What about in windowed mode?

Ah right, I didn't realize you could get Cure so early.

That's not how it works man. Right hand is main hand, lefties get out

Go to Umballa, head to the entrance of the dungeon. get to the center of the first floor, then the same for the second floor. you'll now be in the Yggdrasil tree. read the post to get instructions from there.

Those light white potions will be a freaking life saver if you can potion pitch them

You just made me log in again just to go check that shit out

Oh lol that was just after I was switching between katar and damascus to see what the difference was statwise and for some reason it just put it in that hand. Speaking of which I need to remember to go to morroc and grab another one.

Be sure to take fly wings for the first two rooms of the dungeon

Also in setup mode

Got it. Seems like you can buy 1 of the red and 9 of the potion boxes per character.

ah interesting. I only bought a few. I'll be sure to buy more. Shit, if we can get our alts to buy them and distribute them as a guild we'll be sitting pretty come something like WoE.

Did your red boxes have birds nest hats too?

Can you memo to that spot or nearby? Because yeah we could basically farm that shit if so.

I just went there with another character and two more people and it wasn't there. So I'm guessing it is server based with an internal cooldown. You also can't logout on that map, you'll get sent to town.
Guess we should check it out everyday and keep timers, that shit is cash. Very nice find.

No UI scale options there, unless you were telling me to enable fullscreen.

oh UI scale

instead of scaling the UI go into lower resolutions so they bunch up closer

All that does in windowed mode is make the game window smaller.
I ended up temporarily lowering my desktop's resolution.

no not window mode, and you can lower the resolution in setup, dont need to make the whole desktop do so

So are you faggots really playing on heRO?
I have a bit of a history with that server…

I should also still have my accounts if I can miraculously remember my login credentials. I would love to pass on the imps I borrowed/stole like five years ago…. anybody making a bolter prof?

Oh drama. do tell. I might know you from years back.

point was to play in windowed mode with a larger UI, so I could multitask easily. not fullscreen with the 5 second alt-tab delay

Anyone want these potion ingredients before I vendor them? Doesnt seem to be much of a market for them. Which isn't surprising since most of the vendors in prontera havent changed inventory since I began playing.

Potion ingredients? Like herbs? If yes then I (Taroc) want them. Very much so.

Aki Komachi (bolter prof), Illyasviel von Einzbern (esma linker), Koishi Komeiji (woe linker), Momiji Inubashiri (fattest ass retwoe crus this side of tao gunka), and a few others, at your service

user, I could fill volumes with the drama from that server.

I was there for the server's first slotted elemental armor.
I was there for my guild leader being permabanned for posting nudes of another player who was also underage iirc.
I was in KoJ when GM-Pandora stepped down from leading it.
I literally organized and lead the charge against the Flying Pancakes in retwoe that finally took the castle from them. For like 9 minutes near the end, anyways. Our frostjoker got parent agro so the ghostring with an atroce icepick could not be stopped, and our trapper didn't have sandmans to force him to cycle sunnies
I was in KoJ when it fractured due to its leader stepping down (again), and her replacement being a self important cunt.
I was there when Behe fractured and nearly disolved.
I was there when the second leader returned to KoJ and the third broke off and made his own guild.
I was there when Guillermo began dating a black widow, and I was there when he succumbed to her bite. I do hope he's resting peacefully, dude was a real good guy.
I was there for a few of Rankin's infamous returns.
I was there when GM Circe my favorite wolf left.
I was there for the retiring of the Flying Pancakes. During which I literally could not die; Momiji's health regen was literally too high for the pve builds to overcome
And I was there in spirit for when DoE rightfully declared victory over the server and left for the first time.

I was there for it all… untill I silently parted ways with the game.

In my time on heRO I dated a guild leader she held an insane grudge after we broke up and a guild leader's ex girlfriend I was a rebound, I believe she went back to him after we broke up

I must sleep for tonight, but if you wish to hear more details, I will happily provide during lunch tomorrow.
I'll see if I can de-cobweb my accout creds. If I can, I'll happily saddle someone interested with the imps someone loaned me many many moons ago.

Mainly red herbs but I also have some green/yellow. No idea what else is an ingredient.

i can make and pitch red/yellow potions. there's also white and blue herbs that i would love to have

pm me in game and we'll work something out

Also I'm at the little ramp between the healer/kafra in prontera, Taroc.

Damn son.

I remember a Momiji, but its hard to say if that was you.

The oldest guild I was a part of was The Mochi Guild that was only for Tekwons with the word Mochi in the name (Hence why my soul linker is Taro Mochi).

My oldest screenshot from the server. I no longer have that character.

Sure I'd be happy to hear more about your time on the server. I've been around on and off for maybe 7 years. But more off than on.

Doing this guild has put me back into the game so much more than I had ever expected to be.

If the Momiji was a devo crus that broke 20k HP pretrans without a Tao Gunka card, that was me. I wasn't kidding when I said she had the fattest ass this side of tao gunka

I… think I was good friends with Green Tea (that's the Mochi name I remember best), but that was ages ago. I remember the Mochi family, but I don't remember specifics too keenly on them. Mostly because of their not being tied to the ever apt abreviation of WoE.

really do need to sleep, but my brain won't shut off. Also a suggestion, might wanna set up a discord for the guild. The voip isn't necessary until woe, but the text chat is convenient when you don't wanna spam up the thread with quick questions.

Our guild is getting pretty big. We've got a 10-20 players online at any moment of the day so it seems.

we're not ready for WoE for a good while. we're still trying to weed out people who are gonna stick around an those who just wanted to try the game out.

Once we get some decent gears and we start getting more serious about WoE I'll see about some sort of guild chat situation.

I remember Green Tea too. Yeah, we never got organized enough to do WoE. still they where the only guild that would have me those years back.

Get some rest. If you figure out your login stuff I'm S.Logan . hope to hear from you. It would be an honor.

The edge must go on. I was thinking of devil wings as headgear to really nail it.

Join the dark alliance then start doing quests to get points for that.

You'll eventually have to start getting those points from the ToH, but yeah, get started now I guess.

Way ahead of you on joining the dark alliance, but you're right I should amass as many points as possible for it and be the darkest edgelord there ever was.

Helm of Darkness is pretty edgy too

So as it would turn out, that Yggdrasil tree Crazy Merchant spot was a GM NPC in disguise. Basically a hidden merchant selling rare goods to any lucky player that comes across it.

From the sounds of it, you got the rest of the inventory in that shop. I assumed it was a normal NPC and thought I could come back to buy more.

So chances are, you'll just have to get lucky and find it again. from what it seems like it hides it self as a plant. So now you have more reason to hunt every herb you come across on a map.

Who reccomended the sin to go knife and why

I just rediscovered a 5 year old account. How do I join the guild? I don't remember much.

Nice. Head to Pontera and I'll get you in. Just let me know your character name that you want to join with.

So I got an evil druid card.

I know its a pretty awesome card for its undead property, but how do you think would be the best way to use it?

"The Undead property is unaffected by the knockback effect of Fire Wall, Frozen and Stone statuses and the Swordman's Provoke skill. It also absorbs the Poison and Shadow properties, is strong against the Holy property, and it is immune to itself. However, it cannot harm the Shadow property, it is weak to the Fire and Water properties, and is also the weakest to the Holy property and can be damaged by Heal, Sanctuary, Resurrection, Turn Undead, Magnus Exorcismus and High Heal."

Wow this thing is immune to a lot of nasty effects, though I don't think its a good idea for a sader to be immune to heal, or anyone else. Bless will weaken you as well.

Perhaps then this would be good on a charge in character? Maybe like Rolo? He could just bypass all the debuffs from whatever and wreck shit with his skills.

Not being able to be healed seems really risky for me, but I'd rather make this have a use than have it just take up space in my inventory.

ye this card is perfect for Rolo since he never stops for heal anyway :^)

I'm still trying to figure out how to deal with the space between "I'm fucking invincible" and "My next trick is the vanishing HP bar".
Maybe some day I'll ascend from retardation and learn to Knight properly.

KEK

Saved.

IT BEGINS

START FILLING OUT THE WORDZZZLE TAB WITH ANSWERS AS WE FIND THEM

I`ll post throughout today with some history. I`ll preface this now with the fact that In spite of the highschool drama, the PvE aspect of heRO is fairly fulfilling. It is only the GvG end that had major issues around the time I quit, ~5 years ago. So don't be discouraged by my bashing of players and GMs.

If you need something to call me, Ilya, Koi, or Aki. I andwer to all three

I'm going to open with a who's-who, since I have no idea if these groups/people even exist any more, or if their names have changed.
They should still be kickin'. They're heRO's oldest guild. Moderately serious WoE presence, fragmented and reforged repeatedly over the years…. Tends to have a very diverse spread of gear, skill, and builds. Amara was its leader during my time, I myself never joined it.
Originally founded by Pandora's non-GM account, it became a WoE guild in "competition" with Behe and DoE. After Panda left it (due to pressures from the other guilds regarding conflict of interest), it shattered (turns out most were only there to lick the GM's cunt), leaving around 8 or so members (myself included). Aedra took up the mantle and I took up her, if you know what I mean, and we briefly actually had potential. Eventual expansion, Aedra (briefly) quits, Chaos takes over and a lot of the old members quit. Aedra returns and takes the guild back from Chaos. Chaos splits off his little clique into his own WoE guild, without the Black Jack or the Hookers.
Famous for taking in the dregs, never following orders, and for a no-gear PvE build origin.
… and their primary retwoe offshoot, Flying Pancakes.
DoE was THE primier GvG and PvE guild in my time. Headed by Gojira, his Not GF Lala dated her too at one point, and one of Gojira's friends. People would oft claim we were hyper-elitist, but we really weren't- we just required actual effort:
You will WoE at least twice a month
You will have the bare minimum of gear for WoE: freeze immune (Marc), Thara shield (sinx excluded), hydra weapon (if a damage dealer), and pots (we had a brewer of ranker slims)
And You will have a WoE-like build in WoE.

In other news, about that Free Gear
I've found my female account's credentials (male's still eludes me). My priestess was named Attila the Nun. I hate me.
I'll be dumping most of my random supplies and general purpose gears on ya. Some highlights:
>2082 yellow herbs I lived at Goats with four or five characters
Additionally, I've got a stock of a lot of random mats, if you're currently hunting something, lemme know, I might have it.

Some of the more…. impressive items (like my esma and prof gear) won't be provided unless I find a worthy deciple, as the majority of the fun of a low rate is in the journey, not the destination. Part of why high rates are so transient.

If anybody wants some pointers, I was a quite competent Clown, Lure (of the "half the map is too small of a mob" variety), PD-based Sin, and Wizzie back in the day.
And if you want to be seriously educated on how to play, ask me about Profs or Linkers- those were my favorites.

I may be a bit rusty, but I assure you this old dog still remembers how to bite.

When we meet in-game I'll swap some form of out-of-game contact info probably just friend you on discord or skype. When you do get closer to WoEing, I'll gladly be the wise old drill sergeant that whips you sorry lot into shape. Might even linker once for ya.
As for your readiness, unless the climate has changed drastically, you're primarily just missing having trans characters. Most of WoE in my day was very poorly geared and built- DoE was the only actually serious guild in it, and that's why we dominated so hard for so long. Only the upper echelon was actually any good- everybody else was just actually geared & smartly statted.

If you're interested in WoE long term, I highly recommend you start working on getting your Battlegrounds points. The general purpose BG set (Glorious Suit et al) is an insanely good set for WoE, and grinding it is very low RNG (team comp and contribution, that's it). I would suggest holding off till you're trans and have some idea of how GvG works before jumping into it (to avoid pissing people off), but definitely do it.

ED is really only good for soloing and for PvP / GvG. WoE specifically. It's a swap for a Marc, as it makes the meteors hurt more, but you don't freeze in the wind like a scrub, and the prof can't Stone Curse your ass. Recommend either an Odin's Blessing, Glittering Jacket, or Orlean's Robe (trans caster only) for it, as those are three good, very general-purpose gears.

Can I TU someone with this in PVP and insta-fuck them?

gib deviruchi backpack bls

We have a steam group that I haven't really pushed too much after the beginning. A few of us use it to ask questions of each other and stuff.

steamcommunity.com/groups/8vHeRo

You're welcome as well as any other guild members to join us on there. I try to remember to open chat when I log in.

Also, If you'd like, I could temporarily invite you to the guild so you can see our members. Mind that all of them minus perhaps 2 are all new players to the server from the past 3 weeks. Just let me know what character you'd like me to send the invite to and I'll do so.

As for the guilds you mentioned, I think only a very few fragments of those guilds may still be around. We had an RP event yesterday and our guild with about 20 people prescient at the event greatly overshadowed the others in numbers. They where impressed and still are curious to how we got so many people so quickly.

That said, there was also something in the announcements saying that they where happy to have over 200 players online at once a bit ago. We've pushed those numbers back to that point. So its possible that the server has some what downsized from the last time you where on.

C-can I have that stiletto?

Please tell me you got a Zipper or Porcellio card

Yes. Just did it with a stalker that wanted to learn TU.

We didn't leave that farming cardless, one of your gift boxes had a santa poring card (I'm guessing that's you Soab)

If you know they are wearing it I'd assume so.

You ravenous niggers. I'm glad I've kept my inventory mostly secret so far.

I'm not really sure what stuff I need (just trans'd on my first ever character) but like, would you be willing to sit down with me and see if you have anything I could make use of?

Huh. I almost wonder what happened after I left. DoE returned after some highrate and midrate shenanigans, but I never did. Moved on to Vindictus and ASSFAGGOTS. I don't really play either of those any more, either.

Wow, 200? We were at 3-5 hundred I believe back when I was active.

Steam works, I'll negotiate that in-game.

That is also useful, TUing anubis is a great way to level a stalker.
Of course, it's not as efficient as my esma build was, which could solo anubis at mid 60s.

Oi, oi, calm your greedy tits, pic related. I'm giving them to the guild as a whole. Only the fancy stuff, which will require someone impressing me, will get handed directly to someone.

Do not believe I have those specific cards though.

Don't worry, I'm gonna saddle YOU with the distro responsibility for the general purpose gear. /gg
I suggest loaning as needed for the most part

What class?

Got anyplace in particular you'd like to meet up at? Just so you know, I've been up all night so I might be a little spotty in conversation and stuff.

again, I'll give you a temp guild invite so that you can see what we're dealing with. perhaps you can make some suggestions.

Also, about the distribution. I'll have to clear some room in my inventory, but I'm ok with that idea.

Whitesmith, if you want my IGN it's RozenFire

So everyone's aware, my class list is:
Female: Prof x2 Linker x3 Priest Crus Sin Monk Merch x2
Male (inaccessible atm): Clown, SuNo, merch

I won't be able to get on till much later today.
'S fine if you pass out, it's not like my stuff is going anywhere.

Hmmmm unfortunately my two merchants I believe were a vendslave and an alche-to-be. Don't think I have anything overly targetted to you, sorry.

Have you got anything that gives bonus EXP? I've got a pair of accessories and a hat for it, but every little helps with the grind

Is there no Eden Group in this version of the game?

never mind

Forgot my fem wiz somehow. Retwoe/pve hybrid build.

That'll be in what all I toss at the guild. Might also be on my male account, I don't remember what all I had with it.

Speaking of my male account, I won art in a contest on heRO once, here's my clown…. from 2010.

Better than the GM Assistant.

this is living

Mmkay, I've been off for roughly half a week because shitty internet. Has anything noteworthy happened as of late?

It's best use is in WoE, but since you probably don't have a valkyrian armor (it's indestructible) to put it in, you should put it in a formal suit or something that all classes can use. As said before, you can't get healed, but you won't take damage either from friendly sources and their bless will still affect you normally. Could use it in places where monsters use shadow/undead property attacks or freeze you, and you can always switch out for another armor when you need heals. It's good to always carry potions though

I think I'm starting to get the hang of things. Can someone invite Polina Vidyevski?

Since I only just now realized how useless Gunslinger is, I want to make a new character. But I can't decide on which class.
I got a chick hat from yesterdays event which seems to go well with some builds (bow Rogue and katar Assassin I think?) but I have no clue how to build anything. Crusader also looks interesting but I'm hearing mixed things.

What would you guys recommend? Someone suggested Soul Linker earlier but it doesn't look like my thing, sorry.

we have shit load of people now including a 10 year vet returning

sure lad just pm S.Logan

Chick hat works on any autoattack build, but it is best used with thief classes since they can use their lv10 double attack with any weapon. For Bow rogue you just go full agi/dex, for DA katar sin you go agi>str>dex.

Heh.
S.Logan's offline, I'll try again later.

It's really good for WoE, but Marc can be better in most situations. ED is almost mandatory for zerk LK emp-breakers in WoE though. Without it, once you zerk a Priest can just shift-aspersio you and suddenly you can't deal damage to the emp, can't change weapons to remove aspersio, and can't use Cursed Water to overwrite aspersio.

In PvE, ED armour can be used to dodge some boss moves like Grand Darkness and Evil Land, as well as the obvious Freeze and Petrification bonuses. The downside is that it prevents you from being healed by your Priests, lumping all the healing responsibility onto either yourself via potions, or a linked Alchemist. Bathory armour can also be used to dodge those NPC skills without preventing you from being healed by Priests, so that armour is more preferable, although it won't protect you from freezing or stone curse like ED will.

Just wait in Prontera

Holy shit I'm a fucking idiot. I didn't realize you have to copy your spells over to the hotkey bar again after you level them up. I've been healbombing zombies with level 1 heals for 2 hours, not realizing I could have been oneshotting them.

Wew, apparently had a GM restore my health while I was helping Askardt level. Went from 380-something to full instantly, with no animation or number or anything.

You can also use the scroll wheel to change the spell's level once the targeting circle is up.

WHAT
I HAVE BEEN PLAYING THIS SINCE IRO POST TRANSCENDENT
HOW THE FUCK DID I NOT KNOW THIS

….I've been playing since before the game was translated and I didn't know.

This will make things a bit easier, so I won't be LEVEL 10 BLESSing undead.

Duration is better tho

If either of you ever played mage classes then I'm equal parts concerned and sad that you didn't know this

4u

Thanks buds.

took long enough for someone to post this

How would you accept and turn in a BBS quest? I saw one yesterday that seemed super easy to do for a shitton of money, i think it was like 1000 scorpion tails for like 500k+ zenny.

You have the items, then go to the board. I think as long as you have it it lets you take the reward.

Rolonith here, I've gotta reinstall again due to crashes.
I have no idea what causes them, but once they start I have to do a clean install to get them to stop.

Anyone else having an issue where the game apparently can't find the orichalcum backpack sprite?

sorry for delays, I (finally) started watching Bodacious Space Pirates. Almost out of episodes downloaded (and the seeders are skittish), so I'll be installing and then hunting ya'll soon
side note…. anybody know a way to get cast-on-cursor-on-keyup (or keydown, I practically never use the level adjust scrollwheel effect anyways) working? I might actually be willing to carry you faggots a little if that UX improvement is attainable…

Slinger isn't useless, just a little expensive and very high risk. Desperado is fairly spammable and high burst, but short range and high burst of anmo.

Oi oi, I wouldn't quite say I am returning…. just stopping by to say hi and deliver Christmas while it's still July.

I won't be on much, just monitoring the chat and helping where I can. RO was my first MMO and is arguably one of the best ones ever made. Its only real problems are age-related.

I completely forgot about that aspersio trick.
Also shout out to Bathory armor. If ever there was a "best general purpose" armor card, Bathory was it.

Ah, but aren't they adorable?

Also, even with that I still suggest hotkeying 10 and 3 or 1 on your workhorse level-effects-casttime spells. Having to pause to adjust your cast in a situation where you need the raw speed of a lv1 Stormgust or the quick blap of a lv3 bolt is oft fatal, and it's annoying to have to ramp up to 10 all the time.

Of course, Linker lacks this problem.

did u forget to patch the client

Just let me know when your in the game.

Right now we're lazily farming creamies for cards.

Items have been recived.

We got some really good stuff thanks to

I'll see about making a list soon. I'm still kind of out of it from not sleeping well last night.

newfag here IGN Quinlanlent

I'm at the starting area just wandering around because I do not know what to do.

it's also good for a super novice

JUST FUCK MY GRAPHICS ACCELERATOR UP

So what's this light/dark allegiance thing all about that the server info page mentions? I've passed over HeRO a couple of times in the past when looking for servers because it sounded pretty iffy.

Got a lengthy class blerb for ya'll on Soul Linkers, since I figure it needs some limelight.

TLDR: They're really powerful and elusive support or dps casters, but aren't good first characters due to their class progression, and they suffer from significantly too few skill points.

Class: Soul Linker
The more mystically-inclined Taekwons can become Soul Linkers, eschewing their martial foot fighting to become one of the most powerful magic classes in the game. Soul Linkers can…
These buffs do anything from allow Bards and Dancers to benefit from their own auras and cast eachother's auras, to doubling the damage and halving the cooldown of an Assassin's Sonic Blow, to enabling a Super Novice to ignore many class restrictions on equipment.
These include heal-when-struck Kaahi, auto-revive-on-death Kaizel, damage ignoring Kaupe, and magic reflecting Kaite.
These include the immense slow Eswoo, and the trolling Eske/Eska
These include the knockback Estin, the stunning Estun, and the nuking Esma.
While they lose the ability to cast all of their kicks, they can still cast High Jump and Running.

While the Soul Links, Ka- buffs, and Es- Debuffs are fairly self-evident in their power, the Es- damage spells are perhaps the most impressive single target damage spells in the entire game:

Unfortunately, due to their power, they have several severe limitations:

In spite of their one-man-army PvE power and their extremely powerful support buffs, they are not recommended for a first-timer, as they usually require a stat reset (if not also a skill reset) after becoming a Soul Linker, are fairly dependant on a feel for the game's mechanics for their survivability, and a large amount of skill build pressure.

They are however a very solid second-or-later choice, as they are effectively the Magical equivalent of a Sniper, only with more mobility, more survivability, and lacking an ammo crafting requirement.

Testing the amount of XP you can get through easy questing at level 98 non-trans, I've discovered the following.

With a battle manual active, completing the following quests (progress as many of them to the last step as possible before using your manual so you have time to turn them all in and do the Rachel Sanctuary quest before your manual expires)…

The Lost Child
Rachel Sanctuary
Help Mikhail
Brasilis Dungeon Entrance Quest
Eye of Hellion

Will net you about 35% of 98->99 EXP combined.

Completing other quests such as; Veins Siblings, the Biological Weapon Quest, Curse of Gaebolg, and the Nameless Island Entrance quest should earn you an estimated 20~40% more exp based on the listed exp rewards. On the whole, this makes 98 -> 99 much less torturous than it otherwise would be if you were grinding.

Someone save this for the next RO general thread.

Also, question. Why did you fags pick your main class? I just wanted to blow shit up with my mind as a wizzard and RO has the best case of it.

Will do.

I picked mine for maximum edge potential

I blurted out Monk and here I am

NEW THREAD