Yakuza 6

Yakuza 6 will be released on December 8, 2016 in Japan.
famitsu.com/news/201607/26111761.html
Also, Yakuza thread.

Other urls found in this thread:

ryu-ga-gotoku.com/cp_vote/
archive.is/LxWS7
archive.is/w2pT1
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Call me when it gets a PC release.

this
but it'll probably happen when this sells nothing on ps4

KIRYU IS BACK, KILLING BLACKS, TALKING SMACK, AND SMOKING CRACK THAT'S RIGHT KKK KKK KKK KKK

Aw fuck, does that mean he'll probably die for good in this game? Who are they gonna use next for future games?

Or retire for good

the yakuza games are already the best selling Japanese games in the region, so, it'll undoubtedly sell less on PC if it ever gets that release.

Why must beggars derail threads before they even properly start? Hyperbithero's retrospective-review series called your next favorite got me interested in the series. Makes the series look extremely accessible, even the Japanese only games.

and Asia, 0 sold a lot to the Taiwanese market because of the Chinese pandering in the game,

Not counting future spinoffs or remakes probably. Still, I wonder who will be considered the main character for the series besides Haruka.

Have you emulated the first two games on PS2, or the PSP spinoffs?

Wtf Kazuma looks Mexican now

I don't emulate because I value accuracy, I run the games on a PS2. Haven't played the PSP games, but heard they were OK.

Some new guy that will show up in 6

it's Akiyama

bitching about it only makes it worse, now don't make this into a console war thread or you're both getting the ten minute time out

ahahahahaha shut up fag, go sit in the overwatch thread.

I wouldn't mind Akiyama to be the new Main Character.

Besides that, what about that character from the PSP Yakuza games? Never played them myself but were they well received?

Because I don't wanna buy a PS4 for two Yakuza games.

that's your problem

No it's Sony's problem for releasing a console with only two games worth playing.

3 actually and licensing rights would screw any chances of it anyways the Western release always cut off some music

i like you

he did manage to get some development in 4 and 5, and i would like to see Hana back.

3 user.

Ishin, 0, and 6.

Wish I knew.

Is Akiyama that popular?

Fair enough. You should probably get a PS3 for the other games too, except for Dead Souls, you could probably skip that.

We are never going to get Ishin don't kid yourself.

Wait its acutally 4 Kiwami counts despite being a remake adds more content than 1

I haven't played Overmeme in weeks

Don't make me bully you

Well Akiyama was the poster boy in Yakuza 4, and was playable in 5. only natural to assume he'll be in this one and may even take the crowd away from kaz.

Also why does Haruka seem to have a hard life? Besides the whole Yakuza connections she just got ran over in the new promotional video.

ryu-ga-gotoku.com/cp_vote/ akiyama got 4th in a popularity poll.

Haruka has just got shit luck

4 games on the PS4, plus Bloodborne. 5 games seems great.

Thank god its region free. If it were region locked I'd blow my brains out.

If thats the case I wouldnt mind him being the new MC after 6. Or some other new younger dude focused on him.

and another Soul game to keep Nasu distracted so Sony can milk more Fate money in Japan

Yeah but the Japanese is too hard in this game for me so it might as well not be for me.

I'll be importing this.

there's plenty more than that, you should spend some time to look into the library.

I am a little disappointed the yakzua 6 demo is targeting 30FPS last I heard.

lol

Given the graphical detail it seems to be going for it makes sense, but 0 and Kiwami still look fine personally and those ran great. I think 1080p 60fps would be better for the series instead of back to 30fps.

Her father (not Kiriyu) being a prick is probably where it begins, but really she seems to have the luck of her Mother, which is to say rather shitty.

It looks absolutely tremendous, one of the best looking games to date, and easily better than everything on the PC. I'd strongly appreciate the option, like it seems Ni-Oh is targeting with its two different graphical options.

But you don't have a PC so how would you know?
Also:

Akiyama, Saejima, Dojima and Goro Majima all are potential leads

I just realised
Haruka is going to be 19 in this game

Get your shit together Japan

All the weebs are on PC fam. The only people with a PS4 are kids and people that use it to play fifa or movie games

Anyone know where to get the Wii U Yakuza 1 & 2

I'm sure that'll help. oh wait, even weebs don't care that much for Yakuza…

are you thinking what i'm thinking?

I would agree about that, since Yakuza, despite being an extremely Japanese game obviously made by Japanese people, is not very weeaboo.

Except for the fact that Haruka exists. She alone will guarantee weebs will approach the series, at least until she hits 25 eventually. Then they'll have only Majima left to enjoy.

They probably don't like Kiryu because he's been "old" ever since the first game, but still.

Then who's the audience for this?
I mean shit Yakuza 0 sold 500k in all of asia, and that's supposed to be their prime market for this game.

Let's not kid ourselves, this shit is gonna tank with exclusivity. And I'm sad it will because it's a genuinely good game.

1- Sega will not be able to market it to the level of other games published in the US or Europe, which means it will be overshadowed by whatever other release happens at the time.
2- Sega is basically gambling with the fact that there's people that own PS4s also care about the game. Instead of re-releasing the game they gave away for free some time ago on PS3, they should've made a quick port for PS4 to test the waters.

I don't know man, Sega has already gone on record previously saying that the series has sold poorly in regions outside Japan exactly because it's too much of a different market, that coupled with the shift of audiences between Xbox and Playstation could fuck them real good.

It's all speculation of course, but I wouldn't say it's too much of a stretch to say that this might not be the best seller they expect it to be. You're of course free to disagree.

That the whole time she's the woman that Kiryu settles with

this doesn't explain the poor sales of many Japanese games. The weebs are on vita, 3ds, and PS4.

I own 3 I use regularly, from different periods, but all useful. My home desktop is obviously the most powerful one.

This is not about me, however.

Those can be easily explained by the complete lack of information from the releasing companies and Steam being absolutely overrun by new releases every day. If you don't plan your release well, your game is gonna get buried.

I didn't even know onechambara was out on PC and I really liked that game. That's how bad this shit is.

Dragon's Dogma, Valkyria Chronicles and EDF 4.1 say otherwise

It mostly comes down to it that the platform hosts many people who simply do not buy and play new releases, and only a certain number more buy them when they are on sale. Limits the value of the platform and cripples how much money and time can be spent on releasing a product on the system. So instead of getting a team working on getting that game ported to the system, you get one or two people trying to get a good release out of it.

Very mixed results, anyone can tell you that.

looked 'em up. Those sales numbers are atrocious.

800k for a shitty port of Valkyrie beats the Japanese and us release.
400k for dark arisen puts pc slightly behind ps3 sales.

So I got no idea where you looked up the sale numbers

dd/da has somewhere like 2.5-3.5m sales on consoles. Valkyria (not valkyrie) Chronicles has about 1.2m on console, at $60 a pop compared to the $20 steam price, it's a big difference.

Might want to post source on that. Valkyria was a failure outside of Japan until a price cut. Dragon's Dogma sold much less than I. Japan when released to the us.

Pretty sure they sold pretty well for 4-5 year old ports

they were discount games and they expected the tip jar change they got.

A rare few.
It's gonna tank no matter what. Even with PC's "help". Also, there are plenty of weebs on PS3 and 4, now that didn't help the games there did it? Weebs want animu shit, Yakuza isn't that.

And yet Yakuza 5 did really well for being a digital only PS3 exclusive , if only because despite being December it was released without competition at the time

I'm gonna need a source. I've never seen any reports about the sales.

Hiroshima is a new location.

tfw no pc port ever

why are nips consistently more competent with an engine than the westerners who made them

Too add, Valkyria Chronicles and DD:DA had no physical release for PC IIRC which actually cost money to produce, not to mention retailers which are getting their cut as well.

Plus we shouldn't forget that actual development cost more than just porting already existing game and my favorite part is that there was no marketing at all outside of shitty tweets or official blogs from SEGA and Capcom.

I wonder if it'll cover the weird social stigma in Japan that people from Hiroshima are weirdos

Yakuza is turning into the Japanese Cowadoody with yearly releases.

To be fair, its their GTA. And the series always had a low budget with lots of iterations.

lol, you weebs are delusional

Is that what you see? What I see are a few whining consolefags bitching about people hoping for a PC release of a game that undersells in the west on their shit console because of it's tiny audience of dudebros who don't give a shit about Yakuza. But for you to realize that you'd have to be self-aware, which you clearly aren't since you bumped the thread to whine about "muh pc dumbshits".

Why do people feel the need to defend the shittiest generation ever?
Unfucked Yakuza 3 never ever

how are the dubs or is it only subs for these games

Of course you will see whatever the fuck you want to see, Gabecuck.

That looks phenomenal. I haven't been that impressed with character animation since MGS4. I wonder when we'll get it in the West. And any news on Zero?

Early 2017 seems to be Zero's release I think I heard March
So expect a 2018 English version possibly at the end of that year

6's trailer got fan subbed. Honestly surprised at the level of detail considering its a series from very small beginnings.

That's assuming Kiwami doesn't get released first. Granted I don't think they gotta do much when they have the script from the first game.

The first game on PS2 had a lackluster dub, so after that its been sub only.

That's what happens when you build on the one world year after year
Granted not everyone should do it, its nice that Kamurocho is a little different every time

But who else is in it?
Akiyama and Saejima seem to be the mainstays, and there's always another dude every game

Nobody knows.

I wonder if anyone else is even returning besides Haruka or if that's it.

Yakuza 0 release date finally confirmed in the west.

It's January 24, now Yakuza 0 is finally localized. Shame the same can't be said for 6 and Kiwami

Source? I can't find anything saying that specific date.

archive.is/LxWS7

Preorders are up too on the official website.

That's all I wanted. Thanks.

Recently softmodded a PS2 and obtained 1 & 2, started with first and this shit is great. Should I get the jap releases too and play them afterwards?

Of course, especially since there are some walkthroughs available for the Japanese only games

I'm screwed.

Yakuza 0 coming out in english Jan 2017 ps4 exclusive.

Yakuza 5 confirmed free for ps plus members next month

Wish I didn't buy the game 2 months ago if I knew it'd be free.

At least that probably went to making sure Sega knows people actually want to play these games in the west

YAKUZA 0 CONFIRMED NIGGERS

archive.is/w2pT1

It's been confirmed for a long time. What fucking rock have you been living under?

I guess I have been living under one then. It was news to me

Now that's gangsta.

It was announced last December. We only just got a release date today.

Akiyama, Saejima, Majima, and Daigo will all return in some fashion. It was in this week's Famitsu.

can the series get some HUGE FUCKING 1-6 EXTRA GAY SUPER COMPLICATION REHASH COLLECTOR DICK WAD EDITION?

I AM NOT PAYING 100 DOLLARS BECAUSE OF SOME FUCKINGRETARD SCALPING ILKE DICKKK!!!!

Calm down friendo. The first two games emulate just fine.

Bumping this shit. Don't you die on me.

I'd prefer a general yakuza thread tbh

Who says this thread can't act as a general thread?

generals are cancerous anyways, threads are better natural and when they expire on their own it is for the best. I find it rare that the people who wouldn't be interested in something would not have contributed to the discussion. When you constantly recycle them for the sake of it, discussion degenerates and interest of newcomers fades when they see these things being prolonged. Happens with everything from undertale to overwatch. When you try to force discussion and try to force the topic to stay relevant, less people want to know what the deal is.

Best to just make the threads when you have something to talk about.

Fucking unbelievable, are they ever going to stop making this fucking garbage video game, like holy fucking shit there is not a single thing this game does that another game hasn't done, or doesnt do better, like is this fucking trash going to be the new cod or ff in terms of games released? Why who enjoys it? For what purpose?

Who fucking buys this shit anyway? Who funds this absolute lowest common denominator drivel?

shit site

trips

Yakuza 1 and 2 HD and 5 physical NTSC releases when

Fuck you I need some Yakuza for me too

t. euro

Bumping this thread because Yakuza.

wew

I VOTE SAEJIMA

Is Shinada going to be in 6? I wanna see more of him.

nothing confirmed yet.

I doubt it, which sucks because I expected him to come back unlike Tanimura because he isn't bowed down by an actor.

Never ever. For 1 and 2 emulate them or just import them and use a walkthrough like I am

Or you can buy 1 since it's easy to find really.

I'm guessing Haruka revealing the location of the orphanage and what not at that idol concert bit her back in the ass?

Is that Baba?

The 1&2 HD is the same price as Y1 on amazon

Is it? In my country sellers on Amazon are faggots and are selling the original on PS2 for $20 and selling 4 for $45, and so far Ebay doesnt seem a lot better

$20 is about the price Y1 goes for unfortunately, though you can get it for cheaper if you go for disc-only. Anything above $20 for Y4 is a ripoff though.

Honestly that doesn't seem like a bad price compared to my country. As for Y4, how so? Is it Dead Souls levels of disappointing, because I paid $15 for that. I found it at a fucking EB Games for $25 but since I didn't have cash I couldn't get it, and that shit was long gone by the time I did have money.

Y4 is $20 on the PSN store, so if you find physical for more than that it's not a good price. Same goes for Dead Souls, which is also $20 on PSN. Shame Y3 isn't on PSN but it's rather cheap. I found mine for $10 at a rental shop.