Bow damage scales with STR

Real archers used to be buffed muscle men able to pull heavy steel strings and aim while carrying heavy bows. Not those elf looking twinks in fantasy settings

1:SHIT THREAD
2:This is realistic

beat me to it on both counts
checkem

It makes no logical sense for bow damage to be from anything but str. The damage caused by an arrow would be directly proportional to the length the draw string was pulled to, and that length would be determined by nothing but arm strength.

check your privilege, shitlords

hey pussy limbs, have you ever pulled back the string on a bow before? it takes strength to actually do it
and wow, the further you pull it back, the tougher it gets. and guess what, the further you pull it back, the faster it flies, the more powerful it is.
think you dumbass, shit

Aiming at the right vital spots would also help but then again that should also apply to everything short of explosives.

This makes no sense whatsoever. Good swordsmen can be the flabbiest or weakest motherfuckers ever, all they need is the strength to lift and swing a sword repeatedly. It makes sense for axes, maces, hammers, etc. but not strength.

i still love you OP, even if you are retarded

Should've been:

these two stats are reversed, intelligence would make you be more resistent to magic, as in, not letting that shit hurt you, while faith should make your magic stronger

Not all video games need to be realistic, dumbasses.

When said weapon is a pair of boots with jet thrusters to keep you in the air and blades at the bottom to slice and dice, I'm 100% okay with that.

Int raises magic damage because you know your spells and you know how to make them hurt. Int also raises magic defense, because you know how the spells work and how to defend yourself from them.
Faith is nothing but the belief that you're not going to be hit, and it does jack shit if you actually get hit.

Magic is the work of satan.

Jeez that pic makes me uneasy.

As always, OP is a stupid faggot.

Dubs of truth confirm this tbh fam

Underrated post. Maybe STR should scale the bow damage but not nearly as much as AGI for class-purposes.

Ideally, bow-users should need STR for bow damage and AGI for another proprietary that's also essential for their class

Lazy games that reduce damage to make it seem like Agility increases "dodging" despite lacking a dodge mechanic.

Or they say that characters with high agility can "use their armors better" like in Deus Ex with it's environmental training stat.

agility can prevent enemies from hitting your weak points if you're quick enough

why would dexterity increase bow damage at all? isn't that what accuracy and attack speed are for?
i could see bows having a dex requirement though

oh and critical chance dont wanna forget that

2012 was a long time ago dude

It takes crazy amount of strength to use a things like a full sized english longbow or a mongol heavy bow. It takes strength to use a bow period. Bows in the past weren't the 18-20 kilo sissy bows commonly found today. Even the biggest bodybuilders and strongest of strongmen in the world today have trouble or straight cannot pull one of these bows.

fuck people.

Hey. Here's a suggestion. How many times have you seen this in these balmy months? Perhaps don't respond. You utter faggot.

I can't see the picture. Is it a mail-order bride or a dog?

Hurr realism isn't fun durr

Another worthless summer cunt pretending to be retarded or just raised by carnival folk.

What game are you talking about?

I think both AGI and STR should matter for bows. STR is already stated but AGI can make it so draw speed is faster.

See I always thought agility was for feet and dexterity was for hands. Lots of games don't have both now-a-days though.

Ideally, different bows would require different STR scores based on their draw strength.

In fact, all weapons should have a required strength score to wield it, and damage is based off of precision and the weapon itself.

Obviously it does.

Is there any vidya that does this the way D&D and it's clones handle it?

What the fuck is it meant to increase with, then?
If you were complaining about crossbows then you'd at least have a point.

>str changes how hard projectiles hit from guns

Almost exactly the way Mountain Blade does it.

Taken from D&D, where "armour" is a more abstract concept.

what game

You bet you need STR to handle all that THICC

There's a stat close enough that has similar functions.

Fucking Mountain Blade every time

You're either a nigger or go to Tumblr.
Either way, you have to go back.

Landwhale fetishists are on par with footfags

What the fuck? Is adoption being a free service you do for the betterment of the dog a rare thing?

Poor retardogo

This is how it should be.

Thickfags are a fucking cancer.

Ideally agility should govern chance to hit and strength should determine how much damage

Magic Scales with Intelligence, while healing power scales with Wisdom

That's a pretty high price for adoption. The dog pound in my town is $25.00 to adopt a dog and they include things like shots.

Temple of Elemental Evil(pure D&D 3.5), NeverWinter Nights 1 and 2.

Prophesy of Pendor changed Persuasion to use Charisma instead.

Or this.

Fedora aside, this happens because of the arcane/divine magic division in games. Though usually divine magic uses Wis, not Int.

Summer has no shame

Underrated post

these shit threads are always here newfag

Hurr realism is fun durr

I really liked the Goblin weaponry in Dungeon Siege, especially the miniguns but man even when deliberately making a character able to wield them as soon as you can get them it sucked balls to find some random shortbow of +5 that does twice as much deeps.

There is usually 3 types of "armor", I'll put it in the fallout context. Damage Resistance -> Percentage multiplier to subtract. Damage Threshold -> Damage negated if less than. Armor Class -> Dodge or Ricochet chance. (That's why power armors has high AC)

then maybe you could get over it

The way it should be is that how far the string is drawn back should be user-determined with a cap based on speed, material of the string, and how tight the string is in its resting position. In turn, arrow speed should be based off of how far the arrow is pulled back, etc.. Then damage should be based on the speed of the arrow relative to whatever it hits (i.e. if someone is running towards an arrow head-on, it hurts them more). If I were serious about simulating this, I would also include factors such as wind speed, wind direction, the player's accuracy stat, the type/shape of the arrow, the condition of the bow (i.e. build material, damage, etc.), and probably much more. But then again, I'm a fucking autist.

no user maybe you are the twink who can't pull a puny bow

It never made sense for them to scale with Dex.

in real life dexterity(hand eye coordination, reaction time) scales with int

its why the Chinese beat Blacks at ping pong 99.9% of the time

my dic scales with your mum's vagina

i'll assume you are the twink that can do it

Rage meter scales with NTR

i'm whatever you want baby

faith does nothing because god is not real

Fell free to fuck off back to reddit if you don't like it.

reload speed scales with strength