Collector/Buyfag Thread: Handheld Edition

Almost at the end of July faggots, what have you picked up since the last thread? Looking to pick something up and need an opinion about it?

Any of you looking forward to the mini NES? Personally it's fucking stupid, but someone might like it. Maybe if it's hacked, it might be worthwhile.

Finally caved and bought a New 3DS. Picked up a good ton of games (all pre-owned except MHX), so I'm content for a while. Any more recommendations for the system would be appreciated.

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate - Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate- Monster Hunter Generations - Project X Zone - Pokemon Alpha Sapphire - Virtures Last Reward - New Yoshi's Island - Fire Emblem Awakening - Star Fox 64 3D - Sonic Generations - Senran Kagura Burst - Mario Kart 7 - Xenoblade Chronicles X - Bravely Second Collectors Edition.

Other urls found in this thread:

ebay.com/itm/TimeSplitters-2-Nintendo-GameCube-2002-Complete-/172269039298?
ebay.com/itm/Castlevania-Symphony-of-the-Night-Sony-PlayStation-1-1997-/112068147574?
amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B00001OWYW/ref=dp_olp_used?ie=UTF8&condition=used
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Your dick should be a collector handheld, because it's so small and hard to find.

They were cheap, so may as well. Gonna wind up hacking for translations and shit anyway.

T-Thanks user.

Hey buyfags, there's a store in my area that's willing to selling F-Zero GX for $40. Is it worth the buy, or is the price too unreasonable, and I should just wait for a cheaper copy?

they're the same game dummy.
I'd recommend getting SMT Devil Survivor Overclocked and Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon.

Seems alright. Check Ebay and shit for how much it goes on there to compare beforehand though.

…Is this a bait thread?

I'm bad with GC shit. Comparison to UK Ebay, seemed alright at best. Really depends how much you wanted it.

Got SotN for $45 at the game store, also picked up magical quest on SNES I was hoping to find, but it has sharpie on it. Also got a free video monitor but it only takes composite, and even when I give it composite input it won't output video so I need to take it to the dump. Probably end up getting a 8-10" pvm at some point for convenience, I love my 20" but a small one sounds like fun.

??? I've never seen that game over 20$. Both for the PS3 and PS2. play the PS3 version at least its stable 30fps

OK then, better suggestion. I know another store in my area that has the GCN version of Timesplitters 2 for $21.Buy or no buy?

pretty sure it's Symphony of the Night for the ps1.

Found one for around 19.16, otherwise it's not bad, though personally i recommend buying the Xbox version.
ebay.com/itm/TimeSplitters-2-Nintendo-GameCube-2002-Complete-/172269039298?

Shit, my bad

if you like FE for the gameplay fates(conquest specifically) is pretty good. Mechanically its the best in the series. Storywise its probably the worst(Birthright

More was going to CFW and get whatever translation or shit comes out for it.

Just unsure how the fuck to CFW on a 10.7 n3DS.

Any reason to hack my Japanese 3DS if I enjoy importing games? I don't need translations or emulators.

Why?

No, cuck.

T-Thanks user.

you can pirate anything you want and get regionfree if you're into that sort of thing. if you're on 11.0 then don't bother though. You can check out the thread >>10089249

and I can help you out there, but I think it's about to 404 so I might make another.

Yeah, it's symphony of the night. I've never actually played it

Just picked up Xenogears black label on ps1 and My Hero on Master System, both complete, over the weekend. My Hero is my 5th Master System game and first card game. I need more. Any recommendations? I already have Phantasy Star, Rastan, Double Dragon, and Miracle Warriors.

How's emulation on it? Is it safe to play shit online when CFW?

The injects can be pretty decent, i've heard Retroarch is on it too but i have yet to try it.

injects are good, GBA and DS both run natively on both models, but SNES is gimped on the old 3ds, you can only use blargsnes and SNES VC outright doesn't work on o3ds. Injects are good for GB/GBC/GBA/NES/TG-16, and if you have a new 3ds then the SNES is pretty great too, but you should use pixel perfect scaling in the VC options.

retroarch is pretty shit on old 3ds for the most part, new 3ds works pretty good though.

So once CFW'd, can just have ROMs on the SD and call it a day or need a flashcart and shit?

you have to have a flash cart for DS because there's no VC support for that, and the only installable stuff is DSiware, but GBA roms come as installable files just like any other 3ds game.

Made a thread:

New location for a local multimedia chain opened a week or so back. Picked up a complete copy of Jade Cocoon from them for $5. As a somewhat related anecdote, that same store has no marked up Metroid Prime 2 from their already high $30 or so I've seen it at before to $50 preowned. I still know places you can get that for $10-15 complete.

Also found a complete copy of Resonance of Fate at a pawn shop for $5.

Wish I could find a copy of El Shaddai for the PS3, but there's nowhere nearby that has it at all; closest store with it would be 70 miles round trip.

Okay, even with some games having gone up in price, that is WAY too much for Symphony of the Night. I got my copy a year or so back for $25 (complete, black label), and even found a copy for a friend for $12.50 complete.

How much did you wind up having to drop on Xenogears.

That's a bit much if you ask me, but it has been going up in price some locally like most Gamecube games have.

just fuck my shit up tbqh fam
It's ~$70 on ebay these days.

Also expensive.

Where do you live, a PAL country (and hopefully not Australia; I hear their prices on older games are fucking awful at times, even compared to other countries)? If so, that's a bit more understandable. I hear they got a MUCH smaller print of Symphony of the Night out there, and unlike the US, they never even got a Greatest Hits reprint.

That said, I haven't done a price check online since I got mine, but I've still been seeing copies of it for $25 or so at the best store in town when they've had it get traded in occasionally.

It's pretty cheap online(even the RARE LQQK shit just has it at 20 bucks.

is that in aussie fun money? Because it's sure as hell not ameridollars.

If it was aussie money, it might be even more. I'm glad I live in the US (for a good number of reasons, but I'd hate to be interested in vidya and live out there and deal with these sort of prices).

And yeah, I have noticed that El Shaddai is fairly cheap online, but since the local coinstar machines stopped exchanging gift card vouchers for loose change (probably some kike in the higher rungs of the company that got butthurt people would rather get a 1:1 gift card for their change than cough up a 10% fee for converting from coin to cash), I haven't bought anything off Amazon in a while. Which sucks since I used to use them a lot; made a good way to do something with all the dimes, nickels, and pennies I've got lying around.

are you sure about that?
Looks like US dorrar to me.

also yes I live in america.

this was like the 3rd listing of "Symphony of the night", a CIB copy for 33 bucks. ebay.com/itm/Castlevania-Symphony-of-the-Night-Sony-PlayStation-1-1997-/112068147574?

I got a GC copy of TP from Ebay for 20 kangaroo coins

Touche, I guess fuck me.

Stop using ebay as your guide. Cheapest copies on US Amazon right now are about $30, with the cheapest complete one in decent condition being about $40.
amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B00001OWYW/ref=dp_olp_used?ie=UTF8&condition=used

Again though, I go off local prices when I see stuff since usually I get better prices around here with a bit of luck than online.

Gamecube or Wii? Even here in the US, TP GC seem to be about $45-75 based on local prices. Which can be a bit pricy but not $130 roobucks bad.

I said it was GC

Sorry, my bad. Pretty good find then. Was it complete?

Yep.
Instruction booklet was a little worse for wear, but the disc was in practically perfect condition.

What's the best way to buy Japanese consoles? I'd like to buy a PC Engine without stuffing some jew importer's pockets.

I picked up an English hacked version of SMT2 for the SNES at a con recently on a whim. Can anyone recommend a good multi-platform console, like those 3-in-1 type things that play nes snes and genesis?

People like the Retrons, although it's all Android based emulation. May as well use a PC.

Prices of Pokemon games seem to have gone through the roof, SoulSilver and HeartGold are selling for upwards of £80 on Jewbay. It's insane.

I sold my CIB copy of soulsilver including pokewalker to CeX for £20 back in 2011.
I hate myself.

I still have a complete copy of HeartGold. Also found a copy of SoulSilver (case, cover, and manual, but no outer box or Pokewalker) for about $12 a year or so back that I gave to a friend.

Still surprises me how much HGSS are going for, since as far as I know it's not as if they sold poorly or had a limited print, but I guess Gen II nostalgia with Gen IV mechanics is a powerful force for demand. Then gain, I'm even seeing B2W2 going for $45 at some stores here, so maybe all the DS ones might be going up in price a bit (prior it was just Platinum and HGSS that were $40 or more)?

BW2 was almost 50 bucks at retail(45+tax) and it was pretty much the very last nintendo released game for the ds.

I suppose so, but for a long time places like Gamestop actually still had complete (and at times, new) copies for about $15-20 or so, back when they still gave enough of a shit to stock complete DS games, and other stores where I live had to do their best to compete with those prices.

I was planning to check Gamestop's webpage and see if maybe they'd since marked the prices on them up, but apparently they don't even stock B2W2 anymore, new or used, as it doesn't show up at all (meanwhile, the first Black and White games still do).

You'd think that importing would be more expensive…

Nobody wants the jap crap, and even if they did, those kinds of games are often much more common in japan than the US.

More for me then!

It's because JRPGs were exponentially more popular in Japan in the 80/90s so they printed way more Japanese copies. There are exceptions though like Dragon Quest/Warrior 1 which was given away with Nintendo power in the west so there are tons of american copies.

Here's the thing I've noticed about imports (going off of local store prices when they have them, anyhow): If it's for a system that was region locked, chances are it's cheaper than it might otherwise be for a region free system. Even moreso if it's a game where you'd need to know moonrunes to be able to play it. Of course, print size and availability is also a factor.

Funny thing about that; SNES and N64 doesn't really have any region locking between the Japanese and American versions, only pal consoles and games have it. Really all you have to do is swap the internals of the jap cart(which are identical despite the outsides being different) with an american one, and it should work(though i hear certain games just won't work for whatever reason.

The easier thing to do is just to pull the little plastic tabs out of the cart slot inside the thing, they serve no other purpose than region locking and the only games that will have issues are if you're running pal games on the ntsc system, all sfc games work fine.

SFC carts have a pension for yellowing, SNES is usually better off though.

There's yellowing, and then there's "I'm going to rub my cheeto-stained fingers all over these cartridges" yellowing

That's how my super game boy came when I bought it, sfc gets a shitty discoloration. I take care of my cartridges, but the sfc super game boy pretty much stays in the box anyways. My copy of final fantasy v isn't as fucked though.

Sorry to hear that. So far I haven't come across anything like that except for minor yellowing in some spots.

Oops, forgot pic.

Lucky you, I usually see it worst on the ridges on the back side.

Here's that 1-handed N64 controller an acquaintance had. Worked well for Goldeneye and Perfect Dark.

That is probably better than the original controller.

Was that even comfy to use?