Memelands

So I just got round to playing the Pre Sequel and I just don't get why anyone likes this game? It's like the game has been designed to be as annoying as humanly possible from gameplay, characters, map design pretty much everything about it seems designed to be irritating.

What is actually appealing about it?

Trust I would answer this question if I had a fucking clue to. The only thing that I liked about Cucklands 2 was some of the weapons. And even then most looked fucking stupid.

I don't get why people liked the first Borderlands.

*Trust me

user, no one likes this game.

The first Borderlands was good from what I heard but then again I don't even know if those sources are trustworthy or not.

Novelty.

It essentially gave people who wanted an extended co-op experience with a FPS progression system.

First one was an okay Diablo clone with guns, and Secret Armory was decent.

2 was annoying as fuck and retconned what little good stuff was in the first game, fucked up the loot progression and was a shitshow.

The only thing Pre-Sequel got right was the whole "space is dangerous" thing where you needed to move from place to place quickly to preserve oxygen, but even then it never really was an issue given the O2 geysers all over the place. Otherwise it was complete and utter shit.

Destiny is the best lootgrind fps game.

some people really like numbers.

The weapons seem fun but a lot of them just feel off. What's the point in having billions of gun combos if they are alll going to be shit?

I knew it, it was dubsposters that liked it!

where did you find somebody who liked TPS?

People played the shit out of the first one because it filled a neglected co-op niche

after that most people got over it

As someone who enjoyed 2 somewhat, i do agree pre-sequel was really bad and joyless. It felt like a game made out of spite.

How did somebody like that thing?
It is a bad game, the jokes are worse, they took out a type of weapon, the quest system is the same go and kill things and it's just a copy paste of the first with a less gravity-bigger jump bullshit where there is invisible walls everywhere.
The first i could just go kill things this one makes even this a boring action.

It's like the first diablo had a baby with an early call of duty
It was pretty good actually.
Borderlands 2 went straight to Diablo 3 day one and Ghosts 2 (worst call of duty)

That grinder is the best thing added to ML though. It makes the grinding a bit closer to Diablo, where you can transform your treasure into better treasure.

seriously, who thought claptrap was good?

the guy that wrote the lines for him
MFW NOT ANTHONY BURCH

That's not even worth laughing at. I'm sorry for your loss.

I want to die

I seem to recall that BL1 had some small amount of "sarcastic writing" and at the time it was fresh.
People liked characters like TK Baja and Dr. Ned.
The shooting and skill upgrades were pretty solid but needed a little fixing.
People enjoyed the DLCs for the first game so it was a decent success.

Then came Borderlands 2.
They tightened up the shooting and skills, did a decent job with the enemies and new locations.
But the writing, the FUCKING writing is the most obnoxiously delivered trite I've ever wasted my time listening to.
They filled the game with memes and pop culture references far beyond anything the first had instead of focusing at all on writing a half decent plot to move players between events.
They also fucked the balance by dropping the chances to find rare weapons above blues to something like 0.00000000000015%.
And they added raid boss after raid boss that were just wastes of time rather than hard fights with fabulous rewards.
They also pumped so much DLC out their asses that it was one of the first games on steam besides Train Simulator to have it cost far more than the main game, and most of it was boring as fuck filled with more shitty writing.
I spent over 300 hours in that game trying to figure out why it sucked so bad when I wasn't trying desperately to enjoy the half decent shooter under all the crap.

The Pre-Sequel is tighter and more focused than 2 was but still suffers from the same awful writing.
It has very few DLCs and the claptrap one was good other than the shit tier final boss with 1 hit kill rockets that he never stops shooting.

I really want someone else to produce a decent loot shooter so I can get away from Gearbox's wild ride.

Claptrap is such an incredibly bad and annoying character, it baffles me anyone could greenlight this. Like holy shit, how did the meeting go when they were deciding on how the quirky robot character would act? What thought processes aligned themselves to determine he was a good idea? He's like some sort of bastardization of those Minions before Minions were really a thing.
THAT DOESN'T MAKE IT ANY BETTER

The rest of the series sucks too but in a mediocre and typical way, this is the suck that stands out.

My hours so I can prove I'm a fucking idiot.

I mean, you're not wrong but being the best lootgrind FPS is easy when you just have to suck slightly less than Borderlands.
Also fuck paying over $50 for something that you then have to pay to play online and you need friends who will buy a $400 box to play it with you.

Are you posting from beyond the grave? No way you didn't kill yourself after that.

I played through it 2.5 times to try different characters.
After the first time, like with BL2, I turned the voice volume to 0 and kept subtitles off.

Personally I'm a sucker for anything that could, directly or indirectly be related to, space rednecks

Of course, it only works as long as the bad does not overwhelm the good, and that didn't happen with 1

I want to fuck Gaige

Get cucked BY THE MEMEBOT

idk, I loved BL1, enjoyed BL2 enough to complete it, but TPS is just meh

the exponential damage seems sorted, but low grav and O2 bars just ruin the fun. And the rehashing.

And fucking claptrap.

Thisis still suicide-worthy because it's the dullest of 3 gameplay-wise

Claptrap wasn't even that bad in the first game, but in the second game he's quite possibly the most unfunny and annoying character I've ever seen in a video game.

It doesn't help that all the characters got more annoying and one-note too, people don't seem to mention that and only point out claptrap.

claptrap was quite annoying in the first game, but he was shown sparingly. that made it bearable.

2 shoves it in your face some more
TPS can even have the motherfucker running around with you

He was fucking shit in the first game, what are you on about? He had literally two things to his character, lelsorandumb dancing and opening doors. I actually liked how everyone fucking shat on him in BL2 because fucker deserved it.

He wasn't as bad in the first game because he was barely in it despite being in all the marketing and having him be in all the weapon icons, he was a main character of the second.

BL1 is fun to play if you have friends to play with. But yeah, not saying much though because almost game if you play with a friend will have some degree of fun.

Dunno about the writing, never payed attention about it.

Doesn't count because she's drawn poorly

She looks like Jay in a wig, from Jay and Silent Bob

saved by the second bit about everything being fun with friends

Even most people who liked borderlands 1 AND 2 didnt like it

2 was…almost OK if it had Pre-Sequel's brevity.

Take solace that Gearbox can't even please a pervert like me.

BL 1 & 2 was fun in my mind
And then They forgot how to make borderlands

I'm not sure if it was just me, but I don't think Borderlands was my kind of game.
I haven't really played all of the other BL games, but most of BL2 seemed really repetitive and boring to me. The only times I started having fun was when I was doing quests that included somewhat difficult waves of enemies (Fink's Slaughterhouse and another one I can't remember the name of.)

The others are just as repetitive and boring.

Nobody can please you considering there's practically no Claptrap R34.

I have an active imagination, thankfully

not even memeland fans like the presequel. its fucking shit on every level. 2 had some redeeming qualities, like the VA of handsome jack making up better lines on the spot than anthony burch and triggering the everliving shit out of him.
and i had a few hours of fun in coop with it.
but the presequel is just shit. the gameplay is worse, the story is abysmal even compared the the other games and the movement is floaty and slow.

Yeah, I haven't heard anything that much better from the others. I don't feel like torturing myself anymore. How this game became popular is beyond me.

Oh no, he does have some.
You just gotta go digging a bit.
There's probably fucktons of him on random obscure Tumblr blogs.

The Pre-Sequel wasn't developed by Gearbox.

Because of the builds and weapons. During the first playthrough you can do whatever you want, but at endgame you need a very specific build with very specific weapons to do anything, and making one is fun. There are many broken combinations, and it feels like they designed it that way since it's your only option.
Since guns are the main attraction and most random ones are boring it made the game a lot worse that you barely ever got any legendaries, so they tripled the drop rate a few months ago.
I loved Diablo, PoE, and even Torchlight. To me the game feels a lot like those, all be it with obnoxious dialog and less build diversity, but being a shooter made it inherently fun enough to compensate for all those.
If it's not your kind of game, there's nothing wrong with that. But I don't think it's this pointless shitty game with no redeeming qualities.

shotgun
when I gave it a go I loved the fact that on ng & ng+ a Jakob's sniper rifle will kill most things with a single headshot or two.

If I hadn't turned audio off I've shot myself from the Aussie voice acting

tripled it in 2 or preseq?

2. I don't know about the pre-sequel, I don't really like it.

I probably wouldn't have liked preseq either if I hadn't found the Excalibur. No drop rate bullshit (bad ass level bullshit instead), a guaranteed legendary with a pretty good effect. It freezes all (or was it most) enemies with a single critical hit

What niche are you talking about?

Right, the only reason it's popular is because it's the only Diablo with Guns game in town. Maybe the humor helped too, somehow.

FOR WHAT PURPOSE

From most people's opinions, this is how it goes.
BL1 was pretty good. It was it's own thing with minimal if any references to pop-culture.

BL2 was when the series was starting to get stale. Adding things like a bigger story and more developed character was a big selling point, plus some changes here and there. (Having each gun manufacturer specialize in 4 gun types; WAY more raid bosses from the one in the first game; ect.) But what bogged this game down was the horrible writing. Yes, there are some arguably dumb funny lines in there, and Jack was a good antagonist, but pretty much everything else was bog standard writing or MayMays.

Which brings us to Pre-squeal. Pretty much all the bad things in 2 were put on steroids and anything good was put on the sidelines until the very end. Jack was almost non-existent until the end. And what do we get to replace him? One off villains who serve no purpose, shockingly bad side-quest that are almost designed to only waste your time, and side characters that you wish you gib. Die in a fucking fire Jenny Other than that, some mechanics aged like milk here since everyone can jump and fly around like superman, which makes sniper rifles frustrating to use. Skill trees are boring as ever, with the only interesting unlocks are in the middle or end of each tree. Overall, the game is just a slog to get through.

But all we can do is wait till bl3 is announced and or outsourced again, and see if people are truly sick of the Borderlands formula. Though in my opinion, if they drop the ball with the playable characters, then that will kill the franchise.
TL:DR- The series is getting worse and worse.

Also, tales of the borderlands was ok. But damn, how the handled jack at the end was fucking stupid.

The same reason some people want to fuck Wall-E.

If borderlands 3 fixed the bulletsponge that would go a long way, im not expecting anything from gearbox though. Especially after battleborn

One of the few things I did like in BL2 was how explosive shotguns felt (which only added to my pain when I found out most, if not all of the best shotguns damage-wise were of other variants)

There's something RIP AND TEAR about running up to a weaker enemy and blowing them to pieces with a giant explosive blast followed by pumping the shotgun.

any GOOD memelands lewds?

Pre-Sequel fixed the bulletsponging as far as New Game +. Thank God.

In that case, I have some news of a game for you to keep your eye on. It seems the new Shadow Warrior is gaining some loot shooter elements, including 4 player co-op. Embed related.

Borderlands 1

Borderlands 2

Borderlands the Pre Sequel

Also forgot to add the Shite Keys plus "Premium Currency" and the Grinder in Pre Sequel that was downright awful.

Almost like they are getting ready for a F2P version of the game or an in game store.

sage for double post

Those fucking things were the worst in Borderlands 2. Especially when the developers freaked the fuck out about people hacking in an infinite number about those keys around launch and thought about removing them, it's a single player game that you can play co op. The fact that they were treating it like an MMO shows that they were in a stupid mindset.

It wasn't even a hack user, it was down to a bug/glitch that meant people got infinite keys.

But yeah, seems like they want to turn the game into an MMO without actually turning it into an MMO.

Fuck me there's so much I could write about Memelands 2, haven't even started on Tiny Tina who runs around like she just shit her diapers.

Imagine Diablo 2

Now make all damage dependend on level.

Now make it so that if you're underleveled, enemies die excruciatingly slow.

Now remove all inventory slots besides the weapon and the belt.

Great game

UNACCEPTABLE

The cute little guy didn't do anything to deserve molestation

Imagine if borderlands actually came into the hands of an competent developer, it would rival diablo 2 in the genre.

Some suggestions:
1. Weapon modding like fallout 4, this shouldn't be too hard since stats are dependent on what kind of parts you get in borderlands already, imagine finding a new green tier pistol and slapping on a legendary part from a old orange that you outleveled. Being able to swap elements and weapon types like dahl burst or jakobs fan the hammer technique. A crafting system might work well also, being able to decraft your shitty unused guns for parts that you can hobble together for a random part, nothing too complex.

2. Maybe a way to upgrade stats outside of weapon modding, like forging your gun for better damage or less spread, but that might be redundant if they implement a weapon modding system.

3. More equip slots, if borderlands need anything its more equip slots, late game is boring as shit waiting for a new gun to drop when you probably have the same class/shield mod for 10 levels straight. Why not a equip system like most ARPGs got where you can equip hats, pants, etc. You'll be able to do more with improving your skill tree if you get a rare equip spread over multiple slots rather than the current class mod system, it'll give a cool bonus of giving an actual customized look to your character rather than the bland character skins(recolors) and shitty minecraft heads. Lastly it'll give the player another depth to the looting process, and improve on the skinner box formula with having more equip slots to play around with.

4. Making the story less complex
Borderlands 1 story was great because it didn't have to feel like it needed to tell an "epic" and engaging story, the player motivations were all based on getting the next best tier of loot and it reflected on the original vault hunters greedily trying to open the vault for untold amount of riches. The shitty story in 2 with all the characters trying to outdo each other in being a badass and "quirky humor", is so unbelievably forced and annoying I don't know how I didn't end up blowing my brains out. At least with Borderlands 2 ending, a shitload of vaults opened up in different worlds, you have the option to get far far away from the shitty characters on pandora and establish new fresh characters, maybe even expand on the lore on different planets with new race/geographical/natives, the possibilities are endless and to see all that potential squandered to incompetent devs like gearbox is infuriating.

These ideas I just got from the top of my head, I'm sure others can come up with better and more fleshed out ideas than me, gearbox needs to go bankrupt already with their massive flop so that their ip can go into the hands of someone who actually gives a fuck about the series and genre in whole.

im not so sure where the borderlands 1> 2 common opinion comes from, i felt like 2 was less boring in plenty of ways. the writing was silly but more interesting, the environments were more varied and fun, the playable characters stood out from eachother more and their skills were more interesting.
even pre sequel had a lot of hit to go with the miss. athena was perhaps the most fun character theyve come up with, moving around in low gravity with a double jump was a fun change of pace that allowed you a lot more freedom in how to go about things as well as allowing the devs more varied level design

maybe the first game was less broken than the predecessors on higher levels of new game plus? i couldnt say, i can never stand to do more than a second playthrough per character.

It's really easy to add more keys using Cheat Engine. Suck a dick, Shitbox.

You forgot to add the awful exponential level creep they introduced in BL2. Dunno if that shit is in pre-sequel, I have absolutely no interest in playing it.

im amazed there arent more devs jumping on this bandwagon. it should be easier than designing a fuckin moba which there are a million of now. it doesnt have to be flawless, just make your concepts and mechanics actually function properly.

the grinder was a bandaid fix, but it did what it was meant to do.

It was a first person Diablo set in the future. Like Diablo, it was all about the gear. While you only have one active skill and a lot of passives, the weapons themselves vary up the gameplay. It got a bit grindy and repetative towards the end, but it was still fun and pretty challenging at times (especially the bosses for me).
I liked how they hid some chests in the levels, you actually had to do some jumping / glitching around the environment to get to them instead of being like what secrets are in most modern shooters nowdays (walk a little off the beaten pass, jump on a platform that isn't right up in your face).
It's fun with friends, but that's an empty comment, because pretty much anything can be fun with friends.

I still remember when i saw my first legendary in BL1 which was some random sniper rifle with +fire dmg which was awesome. It played just like several other snipers i had used but it was just that… awesome but in BL2 the whole manufacturers have really different guns shit was too shit because you usually have 1 you sorta like with all the others being annoying shit or downright shit.

Didnt really help that the selection of parts was also limited so every Vladof-rifle looked the same and it was just a stat upgrade from the previous gun you had. With upgrading also, if you have shit luck and only get some crappy bandit or tediore rifles nonstop then at some point your gun is so far behind in stats that enemies turn into even more of a bullet sponges than they allready were.
Gaige was hot though, shitty character to play but i'd put my peepee in her poopoo

and now i really want to play BL1 but no freinds to play with ;___;

you have ak47, dragunov and glock. what more do you need from a russian gun manufacturer?

I probably have hundreds of hours put into BL2, but there's a reason. When I was 15-16, I lived with my uncle because I was having problems at home. He worked until 2 am so when he got home, we'd play BL2 on splitscreen. It had a lot of progression and replayability when played that way. Playing BL2 with my uncle was probably some of the most fun I've had with vidya, even though I want to tear my eyes out playing it now.

Nothing, really.
But it sucked that i allways found myself confined into mostly using Vladof because i didnt like any of the other manufacturers apart from some Torque guns that had fast projectile speed and bandits sometimes because when playing Anarchy Gaige you could shoot those quite fast.

Rest was useless junk, shit that only served to clutter up your inventory and make sure changes of getting shit you want is a lot rarer.

a big slap in the dick was how lousy dahl and tediore guns had become. the burst fire gimmick is, surprise surprise, another good idea that they implemented poorly. while tediore guns were in most cases only good as an accurate grenade you could toss when youre in fight for your life.

Didn't pre-sequel tank? I remember the developer closing after it's release. It was the last AAA developer left in Australia too I think.

How do you make burst fire not suck when you have Vladof and Jakobs to compare it to?

I played it when it first came out and loved it.
I tried playing it recently and its so incredibly boring.

Were Hyperion shit too? I remember never using them but that was mostly because i really disliked the design and if memory serves those also had shittiest sound effects ever.

[spoilers]Runnin' runnin' runnin' runnin' over here! Nap time![/spoiler]

I generally don't think people who get molested did anything to "deserve" it.

God damn it.

As a Jakobs fan, they were shit. I heard snipers hated them too since the increasing accuracy gimmick they had didn't jive with their one shot one kill mentality while other guns made it pretty hard to use since your aim would jump like crazy for the first few bullets.

Oh shit negro, what are you doing

Back in BL1 the Dahl brand was not as heavily penalized on the damage front so Dahl burst rifles could actually do some adequate damage with the Dahl recoil reduction gimmick working well with bursts. In BL2 they somehow decided that Dahl was going to be a low-damage brand which did it no favours.

Also If we are talking regular guns that are worth your while Maliwan snipers are actually quite decent. They do more damage than their card might tell as they have a splash damage component similar to that of Torgue guns.

Hyperion shotguns are OK, the rest is shit.

Of course, at the endgame the only regular non-redtext, non e-tech gun that's worth anything is the Torgue Casual Ravager. (4-barrel shotgun)

by maintaining accuracy and packing a decent punch, that was the entire issue with them. theyre supposed to be practical, boring and realistic even. even the dahl sniper rifles would fly out of your hands in bl2. in the first game this was the manufacturer that made shotties that worked beyond melee range.

Ah yeah, I forgot about that.

I guess the lameness is a feature. Thanks Gearbox!

I now need to replay BL1. It had shotguns and REVOLVERS that were satisfying as fuck and also powerful. By merging semi-auto pistols and revolvers in BL2 they did a huge disservice to the latter, as they now had to be balanced against the ridiculous pistol ammo pool and not the limited revolver one.

Ashley Burch's feet are wonderful. Please post them.

Reported

I'm still disgusted with myself. It's also the game that made me hate most video games nowadays.

I can't get that image out of my head now, it actually makes too much sense when you look at the character

It's such a shame they waited years to triple the legendary drop rate. I booted up BL2, made a new character, and stomached it till the firehawk quest. I didn't even complete the area and I had already found 3 loot midgets and 2 legendaries.

It was probably a Volcano. Brings back good memories just remembering the name.

Don't forget Atlas and sometimes Maliwan with S&S. I'm sad that Atlas guns weren't in the sequal and with their rarity it seems like S&S didn't exist there either.

Never forget.

I dont get it? Its just a bugged out boss

if you read the description youll see uploader doesnt like the game at all in the first place but still plays it because hes asked to and he doesnt have the brass to say "no thank you". something like this is just sentimental for a game he already doesnt like.

Oh, I didnt open it in another tab since its just 1 minute long.

Borderlands is just Monster Hunter made in the west and with a bigger budget.
Both games are terribly boring if played by themselves and neither can seem to actually make something new without copying the previous iterations.
Both focus heavily on grinding, and both fail at making it fun.

You're supposed to save the butthurt pic for the 2nd post. You dont open with it

I don't think it tanked but they did close I think due to Australia hating games. Which is bad now I think about it cause wasn't 2k Australia part of Irrational Games that made the SWAT series?

user you're better than this.

I know what's coming when someone dares talk ill about Monster Hunter around here

Do you even know where you are user ?
There is a lot of people here who fap on gondola.

Don't forget the awful level scaling. Even with the best equipment, once you get to a certain point. You are in critical or downed instantly.

There was awful weapon variation. Even when you got different manufacture types and ammos, it really all felt the same. Even though it boast more weapons, the first game had better variety when it came to weapons. You could keep a shitty weapon because it had one unique thing about it. You can have some pretty weird combinations.

The weapons you keep in 2 are because you need that certain ammo type dealing weapon or rapid fire ability. You'll likely get rid of ones that explode when throw because the use is limited and situational. The stack of abilities get also seems limited.

I think the only real improvements that Borderlands 2 introduced are ammo types, moving when downed and being able to buy back a weapon you accidentally sell for the same price.

Just imagine them as a female and it's all fine.

There are female Claptraps (I've actually played Memelands 2, and I remember than Claptrap had a pin-up of another Claptrap wearing a bikini in his cave), but the Claptrap -as in the one from BL2- is male.
Imagining it as a female while you're ramming its exhaust pipe won't exactly do much while it's spouting memes at you.

more like faptrap

It was fun to play with a friend. For a while.

Then I stopped, because the game got repetitive and my friend became extremely annoying.

I can never picture anyone playing that game solo. It is the same grindy shit over and over. I'm not opposed to grinding at all, as long as it's fun. Terraria is fund grinding. Borderlands is not.

The soundtrack to the pre-sequel was pretty legit.

I dunno, I found it mostly forgettable, but the soundtrack from BL2 had some pretty good tracks in it.

My cousin really liked 2 and bought the presequel

And then he hated it

I really wish Borderlands 1 didn't have a shit PC port or was updated after release.

come on user, i need some clang.

Not only can it bug out, but it's one of the more bullet spongy bosses in the game. Which means waiting for it to open it's fuck me spot for you to shoot; explosive loaders that can one shot you in new game plus and beyond; you can be screwed out of xp and loot because they were too lazy to fix something as glaring as this.

Though if you get Zero's armor penetration perk and an unkempt harrold early on, then this guy goes down faster than your boyfriends erection on your last date night.

pre sequel was dogshit tho