Nintendo shares sink 18 percent

The shares of the Japanese company fell nearly 18 percent on Monday, down from about $ 6.4 billion, after Nintendo told investors that the viral mobile game would have a "limited" impact on their business.

michellhilton.com/2016/07/acoes-da-nintendo-afundam-em-18-por-cento.html

Other urls found in this thread:

wwwsecure.us.lego.com/en-us/service/replacementparts/sale
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Well that's unfortunate because that means that Nintendo is going to stay shitty and this is just a one off success

What the fuck? Why do they keep shooting themselves in the foot like this?

PoGo is pretty shit but there's no denying the market impact it's having, Nintendo should have been all over this shit.

They just couldn't keep their mouths shut, could they?

You're a fucking moron: they told them this because they didn't make Pokemon Go, Niantic and TPCi did.

Why is Holla Forums full of retards?

Because our lives would have been so much better with more shallow mobile games, right reddit?

You're just as fucking retarded, end your life now.

They should have bought them out or something and turned it into a proper game with trainer battles and shit. Missed opportunity.

I bought a new smartphone just play Pokemon go and it's a fantastic game. It's gotten me out and about, made more social and it's even gotten me laid. Maybe don't be such an angry basement dweller and you too can have a fun time. Besides that's not even the point I was making but you jump to conclusions good job retard

Uh no, the loading screen said it's by the Pokemon company which is owned by Nintendo

They are adding trainer battles and battling. After that we can look forward to a New Gen 2 update within a year or so. And this isn't speculation they have confirmed it. If you didn't have such a hatred for the game and enjoyed it then maybe you'd know that

IT'S OVER
NITENDO IS FINISHED

I don't see what the issue is.

Nintendo telling them, and by extension us, that that they're not going to drop everything for mobile is a good thing.

You're further proving your fucking retardation: Nintendo owns 1/3rd of TPCi, Game Freak and Creatures, inc. own the other two thirds. Regardless, Nintendo didn't develop Pokemon Go, and people only invested in Nintendo because they're retards, like you, who go "hurr pokemon = nintendo".

That's not what Nintendo is saying either dipshit, they're saying "hey quit buying our stocks for something we personally didn't do and stop inflating our stock price especially before we announce and then release the NX so our asses don't get burned by this artificial bubble bursting"

Games don't get you laid bro. This is literally a weird social platform. Like Tinder or something. Barely any game to the "game".

They are right. Pokemon Go is a very short term success.

Just because you stick your dick in the USB port doesn't mean you fucked that Charmander

Yes, and i agree. But they could have done the same and avoid losing a few billions.

Pokemon Go isn't social at all and there is a game.

Nintendo didn't lose billions, do you fags even know what stocks are? Holy shir, you fucks must be underaged.

18% huh

…Meh

Hola hola taco senor

People are using Pokemon Go as a literal meet and fuck platform and every normalfag will tell you that it's more about meeting other people playing than actually playing the "game" which there is very little of to begin with

just as predicted. its a shitty microtransaction gimmick phone app that bored normalfags circle jerked around like the furby or beanie baby craze. the normalfags will move on and nintendos stock will tank further.

Honestly nintendo is already finished as fuck.

PokeGo seems to be the bottom line of everything.

With who? Tumblr pokemon autistic pangender non-gender non-binary fat landwhale?

Investors are the cancer of the business world

I play Pokemon Go and I don't believe that for a second

God damn, this thread just attracts idiots

Nice trips and the most intelligent post in this thread

another Zynga in making

If you looked into anything Niantic did before Pokemon Go you'd know they're already there

Congrats on the Pre-teen sex and eventual court hearing you pedo bastard. In the future try not to hang around playgrounds.

truuuuuue

Child rapist detected

I hope everyone who downloaded pokemon go gets sent to FEMA camps.

and I'm fucking the queen of england

This means the reason why Nintendo shares doubled their price was because of retards who honestly thought Nintendo was going third party.

Or

Pick one.

NIntendo owns only a third of Pokemon company. Even then the whole game is actually developed by Niantic which is owned by jewgle and Pokemon company only licensed the IP

You all are retards who don't understand anything about stocks.

First, even with the "18% fall", Nintendo stocks are still up almost double from a month ago.

Second, there is no way PoGo justified such a price increase. It's a fad with limited gameplay that is already declining in players. Yes, it was a smash hit. Yes, it earned everyone involved a lot of money. But one game with microtransactions isn't enough to double the value of a company that makes consoles and hundreds of other games.

Third, Nintendo isn't "dead." It made a ton of money off of this, and is still raking in a decent amount of dosh from 3DS bux. They are an old company that simply adapted to the vidya market, and they'll do what they need to to survive.

the price increase I'd argue had more to do with Universal's Themepark than Pokemon Go. Sure PokeGo had an impact but the press and markets were still reacting to the Universal deal.

ITT: Nintendoom

The reason everyone suddenly kept buying Nintendo shares is because shareholders hoped that with the overwhelming popularity of PokeGo Nintendo would finally enter the mobile market and earn some actual money. This recent warning seems to suggest otherwise, but only time will tell.

ITS LE 3P1C NINTEND00M XDDDD

NINTENDOSHIT IS FINISHED XD

am I fitting in guys?

If nintendo were to go bankrupt from shitty third party support that would have done so years ago

Nintendo's got a long way to fall before they go bankrupt. The more likely scenario if the NX fails is that Nintendo stops under the TV console development and goes 100% handheld.

That would actually be a good thing since home console units are stupid. If they went for a mobile like smart phone like device with core gaming in mind it could really take off. Supposedly that's what they're attempting with NX. But Nintendo has in the past screwed it up, just look at the WiiU tablet. Time will tell anyway. I like exaggerating Nintendos problems because it generates so much salt from nostalgia fags.

Ninendo has been for years now nothing but falling for fads years after they stopped being relevant so if anything the NX will be VR.

Says who?

So you just like to shit on Holla Forums then.

And motion control was a fad before the Wii how? And what other fads besides 3D have they done?

Mr. Spec Ulation

Virtual Reality, mobile apps, tablets .

user generated content, 3d, amiibos, tablet controller, whatever the fuck you call that face raiders shit.

fuck off nintendocuck.

Didn't know Gabe Newell browsed Holla Forums

Nothing new in retard land.

Keep going user

I want nintendo to go full smartphone because that will ensure that that the highest amount of nintendrones both here and on halfchan will commit suicide.
Ideally i want nintendo to stop making home consoles and handhelds entirely and exclusively make smartphone games and casualize and essentially destroy every single IP they have by making shitty ass smartphone games abusing all the IPs.

I want to wake up one day and read on the front page "mass neckbeard manchildren suicide epidemic", then i'll be happy.

Another Nintendoom thread. Filtered.

That's not what i said at all.

t. NeoGAF

You really have to wonder the hands this company is in

NINTENDO IN THE RED
NINTENDO GONNA CRASH
TOTALLY NOT A MOVE FOR LONG TERM GAIN INSTEAD OF PLEASING THE ALMIGHTY GOD OF COMMERCE BY FUCKING PEOPLE OVER CONSTANTLY SO YOU CAN LOOK GOOD ON WALL STREET

Seriously, why does stock matter for big companies? The only ones who care about stock are the wall street types who buy it.

Post yfw you're not levels of retarded

What is wrong with you?

I love nintendo and I think they should go full on smartphone. It would be good for not only the mobile market, but for them too. Only good can come from nintendo just publishing on mobile.

Handhelds are redundant, and barely portable anymore. Consoles keep living on, but nintendo has no space in this market.

I'd buy a Nintendo smartphone in two seconds if they made one.

I'd rather play original mobile trash than play Monster Hunter 12, Zelda 15 and Pokemon we're not even trying anymore on a bad console.

Filtered

Rehashes that don't change anything from the previous iterations and don't take any chances are not quality.
Don't be a retard

kek

It is literally Ingress with a popular IP.

kek

I want to, but that will never happen. So I just take what's in the realm of possibility.

And that's why it works. Ingress was a shitty concept with mediocre gameplay. Now you have a great concept with mediocre gameplay. A small change can make all the difference.

Because the stockholders own the company and elect the board of directors, who in turn appoint management. If you piss off the shareholders, you may find yourself out of a job.

abloo abloo

I want to see them die too though. Why would I care about the Sony zionists?

If anything, it'll do exactly the opposite. It'll mainline Nintendo straight into the vein of normalfaggotry for everyone to see.

This shit and the nuDoom thread makes me think half-chan must leaking faggots.

what was that name of that manga?

OH NO! 5 billion!

HOW HORRIFYING!

I love triggering anons

Xbox adults wins again Nintenbabies!

As long as (((they))) own over 50% of stock.

Dead Dead Demon

here's your (you).

Good thing the majority shareholders didn't even get fucking fazed by this artificial bubble

Yes!

None of those things are fads

Ah.

Don't Nintendo's stocks take a dip between game releases anyways? Shit the drop in stock was because they told the mobileshit market to fuck off. That's a GOOD thing.

If anything there's a Nintendo Attack Brigade who keep shitposting everytime SOMETHING happens to Nintendo, but it's never when companies like Treehouse fuck up localization, who are directly related to Nintendo through NOA, which the NOJ branch is plain unaware of due to lack of communication.

Pretty curious. It's like something is trying to destroy Nintendo from foreign branches.

Dude we're like months away from going back to non-smart phones
RMS told me, you have to believe me

VR was DOA, it was never a fad, just massively hyped

That's some sweet ass bait man, those Holla Forumsirgins are like a saltmine.
And if it's not then grats on becoming one of us.

I guess if fads last for decades and are still thriving… sure I guess

Shareholders aren't interested in stability. They are interested in unlimited growth.

Of course there is but that is case with all competition.
Also, I guess NoJ saw the liberal media reaction to Tomodachi Life and just gave NoA free reign to prevent that shit happening again.

I called this shit.
Nintendo KNOW EXACTLY what it takes to make a shitload of money, but they put their work before their cash.
It's like the nintendo wii all over again, they make a colossal cash cow just so they can keep the boat afloat so they can make more games they like.

Right until the company stock is on the brink of crashing and they sell off their stocks, bankruptcy be damned.

That is the AAA model. Blindly adding more money to the budget expecting more returns no matter what.

They make money by buy low, sell high, which conflicts with this philosophy.

There's no such thing as unlimited growth, as the bigger something gets, the more others will cut it down in order to compete.

If you're a stockholder, investing in big business is not smart unless the stock fluctuations regularly zig and zag, as it doesn't change much.

If your aim is to own the company, then you need to worry about the company's sustainability, rather then growth, as a steady amount of profit which pays employees and maintenance is all that is needed.

This will still make them PLENTY of money going forward, I'm sure it'll still have TONS of active users for months, maybe even Years to come. Look at shit like "Battle Royale," and "Clash of Clans,"

No, it depends on what your overall goal is. If you're a lunatic and trying to pick stocks yourself, then yeah, you'll look to buy underpriced stocks (or sell short on overpriced ones), and volatility will help you in that case. But if you're investing in a passive market portfolio (i.e., the only investment method that makes any sense unless you're a flash trader), then long-term growth is all that really matters, and day-to-day volatility doesn't affect you much.

t. financefag

I've personally never liked the stock market, it's rather kosher.

is this what i think it is

You always get a sell off on the back of a new Pokemon and Zelda release because stock rises in anticipation and people sell off on release or conformation it sold well.

Nintendo was smart enough to release a profit warning that they don't fully own Pokemon Go so they don't get in shit for lying to investors. But they are manufacturing the Bluetooth sensor accessory to go with it and that will make a full set of profits for them. Smart investors will go in after this run and wait till Nintendo releases the sensor then make bank off that. Or even wait till Animal Crossing gets released on mobile as that will clean house in Asia markets. Then you will have an obvious run on the NX when that gets announced (The Wii U announcement in 2011 caused a spike. The decline only hit in 2012 after the E3 was underwhelming with precious little new software by Nintendo announced and it was only really as powerful as a 360)

This is basically "It's fucking nothing" to the state of Nintendo. Smart people made out with some good shorts and Nintendo knows their brand value is still high enough that a hot new product release will cause a surge so they can take that into mind when creating their new games.

So, Not doomed and still looming in Sony's rear view mirror.

This also explains why many hideous sores in vidya and everywhere else for that matter keep receiving money when by all metrics should be dead and buried. When a large enough company fucks up big time, opportunistic investors see a well deserved dip in share price and buy a truckload of them. This inverses the trend and causes even more people to buy shares, at least until the next fuckup when they sell for a profit, and the circle starts anew. No matter how disconnected from reality those share prices are with the reality of the company they represent.

TL;DR lies and jews.

I have unnatural fascination with Lego's Lego Friends product line because it is first time in long time that seen market research not just used to catch trends or pander to idiots.

You tell me.

Nintendo is the only true vidya company

What a basic bitch

>Holla Forums complains

I'm expecting more damage controlling.

The stock shot up from PKMN GO & now it's coming back down. It has yet to return to where it was before the spike. Mobile is a volatile market which is likely why they avoided it for so long despite stockholders begging them at every meeting.

I'll post the context in the minuscule hope that Sonyggers ITT break Neogaf's conditioning & form an educated thought. Unlikely, I know.

BAIT GENERAL
Nintendo is going to crash and there's nothing you homosexual toddlers can do about it! Bring out your ropes! :^)

I've actually wanted to get the mall so I can scavenge it for parts. I want to make a gold palm tree.

But what damage is there to control?

HUEHUEHUEHUE

Why did nintendo tell the truth?

Probably because more mobile-obsessed shareholders would mean they'd be strongarmed further and further into going mobile so they're nipping it in the bud.

The damage they're doing to the mobile games market

You do know that you can order individual pieces from Lego outside of licensed minifig components. wwwsecure.us.lego.com/en-us/service/replacementparts/sale

They're sold out of the part at the moment, but here is the data for your future use.

"PALMLEAF, SMALL

Element 6074322
Design number 6148"

this.

Nintendo doesn't know how to business.

This whole fucking thread makes me wish /biz/ had more traffic.

i wanna slam my dick into jinxs tight anus all day every day

Make video games more political correct and censore everything offending. Keep treehouse at top to change the work of developers, im sure that basemant necknerds will not notic it and keep supp…….. Uh 18%

I have to laugh at the morons that bought Nintendo shares right at the top of that spike. A huge correction was inevitable.

Is this a smart move by Nintendo? If they didn't tell them wouldn't have their stock's inflated and eventually burst?

I don't want the success of a single viral mobile game changing the way Nintendo thinks about vid game.

No, owning even a single share gives you the right to vote. That's the point of owning shares.

Retards didn't realize Nintendo had nothing to do with the actual development process of GO. Good on anyone who already had shares and cashed out when it peaked because they actually bothered doing research and saw this coming.

…Good? Smartphone cancer needs to fucking die.