Gameboy Thread

Well here is a gameboy thread where we can discuss the games, recommendations, the console, and emulation whether on PC or Console/handheld
I don't make to many threads so that's why this OP isn't good

I challenge anyone to find a worse looking port for the Original Gameboy

There was a GB thread a few days ago that got some nice traction, sadly Its been pretty long since I've played GB or owned one Chart-user was even working on a GB/C chart.

I remember this game quite fondly. Don't even like IRL tennis. I really liked the RPG aspect of it.

Also, anyone here played the GBC Grandia? I loved the first one on the PS1 and somewhat Grandia II on the DC. Is it any good?

I'll toss out some recommendations. Mole Mania and Bomberman GB are two of my favorite Game Boy games that I never see get talked about.

I won a gameboy pocket in 1997 at the debut of the remastered star wars: a new hope.

It came with the star wars game, and it was pretty hard. I don't think I ever finished it.

Unfortunately my parents had just bought me a gameboy pocket for Christmas about a month prior.

abilities are a crutch

Trip World is one of the best platformers on the Game Boy and one of the most rare too which also has a really beautiful art style way above stuff like Kirby on the cute scale. This game was made by the same guys who did Mr. Gimmick! so it is to be expected.
Such an unique game on the GB with distinctive visuals was quite inusual, it stands out from the bunch, you guys should play it.

Is the music as good as Gimmick's?

Just as good!

That's some sweet shit for a GB game.

One of my favorite schmups of all time. You anons play this?

how do I convert gameboy roms into .cia's?

Yeah it's damn good, too bad it's a dead subgenre.

Make sure the file is listed in the flight plan, or else it might crash with no survivors.

Pic related is one game I played the shit out of when I was a kid. Now that I think about the game the music is stuck in my head. Aside from that, Link's Awakening was another game always with me

The reason the Mario Golf/Tennis games are good is because Camelot made them all, even the handhelds.

kek

This was a great zelda-like game.

Still taking suggestions for stuff to put on the initial one.

Admittedly I am NOT looking forward to having to sift through assloads of box art scans that have been annoyingly watermarked by places like nintendolife and mobygames again (given I only use clean box images), as if they own the cover art itself. Always seems to be much more of an issue when doing these for Nintendo systems than, say, Sony.

And so this game was.

Never heard of this game, popped a ROM of it into my flashcart and gave it a go. Pretty cool stuff so far! Kinda wish it was harder though. Nice suggestion, user.

Everytime.

Someone really ought to make a webm of the original post with a loop of that playing throughout.

Seconding this question

Sadly don't know much on it (what is it anyhow, a sequel or port?), but it is fan translated to my knowledge. Same can't be said of Star Ocean: Blue Sphere, at least last I checked.

Top shit user. Well done.

SCHLORP SCHLORP

GBA megaman games
Megaman xtreme 1 and 2
Fist of the north star