Grim Dawn General (Other ARPG refugees welcome too!)

Went back to Grim Dawn after a long break to resume on my Rioter build. My blackwater cocktails are absolutely a beast now after I gotten fissure since my molotovs now not only deal fire and chaos damage, they also burn like a bitch and have a good chance to summon volcanos that have a chance to stun enemies, which makes them stuck on the floor that is now lava even longer.

So Holla Forums, what builds are you running, what's the crazy shit you have been getting yourself into and is anyone still making Ebola-chan?

Other urls found in this thread:

nexusmods.com/grimdawn/mods/12/?
moddb.com/mods/soulvizier
grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24703
grimcalc.com/
grimcalc.com/build/HLgo5a3
grimcalc.com/build/ewF436b
grimcalc.com/build/jJLyPZo
grimcalc.com/build/I4jTqhM
grimcalc.com/build/URrVf4d
grimcalc.com/build/bIiOr8F
grimcalc.com/build/L2FPBKA
grimcalc.com/build/XeLogVs
grimcalc.com/build/hHEb0e4
svenswrapper.de/english/
grimcalc.com/build/eOHcYrf
grimcalc.com/build/XbFmCcR
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I have this installed. The combat is very unsatisfying. Skills are boring.

How so though? Grim Dawn isn't exactly shoddy for an ARPG and I don't think people have been making much decent ARPGs across the years.

You still playing Lords of Destruction user?

Hey, I was OP of last GD+ARPG thread, I'm enjoying it quite a bit, played about 200 levels worth in a couple weeks but haven't finished it yet with any of my characters. So many strong possibilities so everything has been quite enjoyable.

So far my lv40 battlemage seems to be my favorite, god dam beast that guy is.

Indeed, so far I have 1 thunder warder (pure shaman caster), 1 ebola-chan (pure occultist caster with a focus in enraging bloody pox and movement speed to get out of the way of the confused and enraged enemies), 1 rioter-chan (same build as OP) and 1 plagueguard (witchblade with a focus in tanking while dishing poison damage and acid retaliation).

All are at level 40 or reaching there and all of them are now superb killing machines.

Doom Bolt is… not as amazing as I first thought.

The long cooldown of 8 second kills it as a pure build skill. However if you ever pick up an item that procs doombolt on attacks, it's godly. Especially your build focused on quick multihits.

I heard this was done by the Titan Quest devs. This true? I love TQ one of my all time favs. How does this compare?

Fixed up better grimdark TQ in my opinion.

Sword and board commando that explodes. Also flash bang is the best skill.

I'm on my first playthrough at the Stairs of Torment. Why the fuck is it so hard? I've died twice and it fucking sucks having to farm for blood. Not to mention it costs 10k to make a skeleton key.

I don't know why this is an issue for me, but I wish Grim Dawn maps weren't premade and instead all generated.
I know generated content sucks and premade content is made with love and all that shit, but there's just this autism in me that was probably due to Diablo 1-2 that has me wanting ARPGs be made with all generated maps

It caps at level 50, just fuck off and come back later.

You know, I hear this all the time, but I don't think I've ever played an ARPG with super fun skills. Ever. Not even Diablo 2 was that crazy.

what is your class-combo? 10k isn't that hard to farm at that point– it's about where i am too

have you tried the arcanist magic missile at level 1, that shit is tight (lol)

You mean the one that splits into 3 more magic missles?
Hell yeah, motherfucker.

I'm Demolitionist and Occultist.

Anyone have a download link for Diablo 2 vanilla + LoD 1.07? I want to play version 1.09d - the one before synergies fucked every build up - but I can't find any torrents that aren't 1.12 and the Blizzard site only offers 1.12 as well.

Any anime styled ARPGs out there?
Not Ys or Shining games, but actual diablo clones?
Alternatively any sci-fi ones that isn't Hellgate or Space Siege?

Get D2SE Mod Manager, it should come with all of the patches so you can play any version you want without committing.

Soma Bringer

Ya I tried that. Installed the 1.13 patch, which is supposedly the last patch that works with D2SE. Still doesn't let me launch the older versions though. I read the thread on the snej? forum about the issue and nothing in the thread helped me.

As long as the game is still vanilla, you could always try manually taking the 1.07 patch out of there and slapping it into the D2 folder, since those folders are just the files it replaces when it launches.

Is there a arpg that involves more than just hit and run?
I also want a better version of hellgate, i liked that game

Been playing a Druid all freeze and lightning damage, still need to get to the final difficulty but I think I'm going to need a bit more of hp that I currently have.
Also I need to decide on weapon and endgame armor any recomendations?
Has a side note Olexra's Flash Freeze working on bosses when?

I dunno what's going on, but it looks rather stormy.

Nice dubs there Carlos
Also yeah scaling frostburn and electrocute damage it's pretty neat
I actually swapped around some devotions and now get some more consistent and high dps now

smh tbh oni fam

If you got some green chitin chest armor to drop you were set for like 75% of the game, shit was OP as fuck

Game lags to unplayable when I go to Hades.

I've made a dozen characters since the game came out have and never gotten that far.

Come on senpai
nexusmods.com/grimdawn/mods/12/?

But I'm playing Soulvizier because vanilla TQ is sort of boring. Importing those skills would be pointless.

What are the most entertaining classes in Titan Quest?

For the love of god, download this before you play Titan Quest.
moddb.com/mods/soulvizier

Titan Quest is the slowest, clunkiest piece of shit

It is, admittedly, not as tight as it could be.

poe still best

Honestly I never played TQ mods I finished it a couple of times (granted this was some time ago) maybe later I'll check that mod

It's clunky has shit, but it's fun user :^)

PoE its pretty fun yes, but the leagues die 2 months in and it gets boring without making bank by selling uber labyrinth runs

I highly recommend it. Some of the bigger enemies drop souls, which grant you really, really good abilities and enhance your stats when you bind them to something. I remember getting a skeleton's soul at one point, and I had this really strong skeleton that followed me all the time, and it also enhanced my vitality resistances and intelligence by a lot or something. This is on top of relics, of course. Really powerful stuff.

I must say to this day LoD still has the best skills.
Especially summon skeletons. GD summoners are appalling compared to LoD summoners.

Doesn't help that the entire combat system is as clunky as an unsynchronized gearbox on a 30s diesel

I'm playing as a Conjurer. I'll post my build later, but having a few points in Doom Bolt helps pets. I've only died once to Conflagration because I'm stupid when it comes to walking into Aether.

It's useful when pets come across some tight mobs. I have 5-6 point in it.

I'm playing a Dream/Spirit build, and I noticed something interesting. My Dream Strike, currently, adds +78% total damage to every third attack, while increasing any life or energy leeching effects that I have on them. At the same time, my Bone Spire ability, which shoots a shitload of bones in a line, is also a weapon attack that leeches energy and does vitality damage, despite it being on a long cooldown.

I tried to like PoE, but I just can't forgive the following:
-You have to buy your level ups after 80 or 90.
-Acts 3 and 4 are horrible.
-Most builds aren't fun, and making a build on your own sucks (I played a Summoner Witch someone here suggested me. It was the only build I liked).
-Some leagues just suck (Perandus).
-Crafting or looking for any kind of gear and crafting materials are fucking terrible things to do.

I loved how the Witch was a bitch to everybody around her. She was the only class I liked.

GD's skills just fucking suck and there's too little variety, that's what kills the game for me.
Having to waste most of your skill points on pointless +STATS class levels to even unlock skills means your entire build is nothing but one of the two useful skills your class has and a shitload of passives.

Have you guys tried to the Grim Dawn modding tools yet? How much of the game can be modded so far?

It would be neat to make a mod where all the classes are based on different magic skills (Summoning, 'Mancing, Elemental, etc.)

PoE did some things right, it's a good game if you are willing to look past the flaws but they're big enough to outright kill it for you.

I'm about to try TQ with Soulvizier.
Last three times I just got bored after the first few hours of TQ, perhaps this time I'll get further.

A lot of the uniques are build defining, but finding uniques outside of maps is near impossible. And farming maps with a non cookie-cutter build is a huge PITA. PoE has a ton of gameplay flaws (some major) and very little "good" gameplay parts to offset the flaws.

I guess what I like about Grim Dawn is that you can be more of a dick head than a hero even though you can't go all out evil in the game.

You know what would make a neat Arpg? One where you get to be the monster/villain, and you build your character like a Champion/Unique monster in games like Diablo.

Yet 90% of the builds can't even see all of the content.

I wouldn't say PoE gave you a lot of freedom to build your character.

I tried a summoner build in TQ, and it was worse than Grim Dawn's. Did the expansion make pets any better?

It's almost like you have to balance you damage output and your health and defences

I think I still have it installed so maybe I'll check it later that concept sounds pretty fun

honestly I consider most of my builds done by 85 max anything further is just linear power progression
yes on act 3 I personally enjoy act 4 but ok
Question, do you play play softcore or hardcore? with PoE I have come to despise hardcore (besides latency issues) hardcore in PoE is just stack life life life, I love scrubcore and and just going to maximum dps and framerate drops I'm capable of doing, like using facebreakers and exploding the entire screen with one punch and die instantly to reflect the amount of broken skills that the game got with ascendancy is just hilarious
I like it but sure I can see it just not being your thing
I honestly never bothered with crafting, re-leveling masters and getting the dosh to craft some good items is just too much of a pain in the ass to me, so yeah

Now that I think about it, it's ripped right from Aria of Sorrow, isn't it?

You have clearly never played Hardcore back in the day where you had to spend pretty much every single point to get enough health to survive.
They fixed it somewhat later, but shit was BAD.

I played Scrubcore. I tried to get into Hardcore Modes in games like Diablo 3, but HC isn't my thing. Summoner/Pet or range builds are the only ways I play Arpgs unless I can make something zany like a build based on Crissaegrim/Valamanway from Castlevania (I did this with a Diablo 3 Wizard and Cold spells. It was really fun until Wyatt Cheng and Blizzard decided to remove fun from Diablo 3 with mandated builds).

I hated Perandus because sometimes you had some bullshit mobs placed in the worst spots. To add insult to injury, the rewards you got from the guy were trash.

This game has a really awesome ost and world environment. I love how despite the towns and gang hideouts are shit-holes, you can see nature sort of take its course when the aether aren't fucking things up.

I kinda wish you could side with the Aether and evil factions like Crowley.

Oh shit, you're right

Same here I never really liked HC in arpgs
And yeah perandus had some real issues with the mobs but I found that the actual mechanics of the league where pretty neat (unlike prophecy which I found pretty boring) getting some GG uniques, in my case voltaxic rift and a lightning coil for a few thousand coins was just too awesome, that was the first league that I actually got over 90 in a character, granted getting those uniques was completely RNG dependent but come on
If anything just follow a build and learn the game from there I had some issues with PoE originally, hell I still have some fucking problems with the way the devs balance some things, but you can get fun out this game very easily gl user

GD doesnt have the summon scale of LoD but I am playing a summoner and i don't find me having to kite a lot (with the exception of bosses but LoD bosses would had wrecked your skeles anyway). Upgraded treedog has an active taunt and aoe stun that werks and upgraded firedog has bigger aggro i thought. Besides the pets you listed there's still possible two timed summoned guardians who can active taunt if you have two marrrow rings (low level epic item) and you have the necromancy devotion skill that raises dead enemies iirc. Don't underestimate poison shooting prawn because its dps is pretty crazy. There's also the sword the guy in the cult cave at burrwitch outskirt that summons a chtonic guardian. IIRC there is a few more summoner epic and legendary gears that boost pet stats to crazy and skills like bonds of bysmael and the shaman version of it are all worth it and needed. Berd is shit

It's not that the fire dog has no aggro, it's just the way the game handles it
Players ALWAYS have priority over pets if they even interact with the target with curses, so if you were going Summoner doing absolutely anything but standing still meant the enemies would all just go after your ass 24/7 and there was nothing you could do about it but run.
Threat mechanics were extremely basic.
This was pre-Devotion so I don't know if it was fixed.

Also the manticore is freaking powerful even if it is a timed summon

I'm just waiting on Act 5 to pop up before I pick it up again. Cold Witch might be something I might mess around with too.

Grasping vines or something that deals confusion should clear that up. That's how i'm killing mobs with my rioter. Just 1 flashbang and 1 molotov at a doorway and everything inside it dies

Got a link with the build user I have been wanting to play a pet build in GD for a while now but I have no idea how to summoners and pets builds have never been my thing

Work on Crow, Hound, and Briarthorn. Crow will be your damage dealer while hound and thorn will be the tanks. Max out any pet aura you can grab, but put 1 point in other pet abilities. Get Doom Bolt because you need to help them once in a while.

As for devotions, get a mix of attack and defense/health/resistance stuff for pets. You want them to take beatings.

I'll try to post some screen shots of my build when I get the chance.

Dont focus on crow until later.

Do this one for lazy summoner. You probably need to adjust for version difference.

I played back in beta when you had to pay to get access
I know what it was like back then, with all the invisible projectiles and spell effects, rangers and spellcasters that killed you from offscreen, desynced turbo stun roahs etc
you still had to balance your offence so that you could kill shit faster than it killed you so you didn't spend for fucking ever standing still giving the mobs an opportunity to hit you with their shit

grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24703

Forgot my link

also yo can use grimcalc.com/
I think that it's up to date

I'll check that build, thanks a lot anons

Forgot to add gear with pets stats will always be a priority.

Leveling Crow in the beginning until you get Hound and Briar

Random everything also pissed me off when I played PoE. I'm fine that maps are random when I start new games, but ffs don't change the fucking map on me when I enter or leave a cave. That shit is retarded because in real life your workplace isn't going to randomly place itself in different part of the town every 30 fucking minutes.

Thanks for the link. This is what I came up with:
grimcalc.com/build/HLgo5a3

Tear it apart, so I can suck less. The devotion thing isn't listing pet stuff, so I did nothing with the devotions.

Meant to say leveling Crow until you get better pets makes the game a little easier. That fucker zaps shit.

except the crow has a completely shit dps and you'll do better with a gun. Better you start with shaman, put 1 point in mastery, 1 in grasping vines and 16 in briarthorn and sit back and watch it one shot everything

Meant to say 10 points in shaman mastery. Basically your first 10 levels will be for making your first pet completely future proofed for act 2

Mate what are you doing maxing out crow and abandoning the freaking chimera?

Because I want pets that will stay in the battle for more than 30 seconds. and don't have long cool downs. I'll consider getting a point or two, since I could use an "in case of big pack, press this button" spell.

WHERE THE FUCK IS THE NECROMANCER EXPANSION?

I burned out of PoE.

Could this satisfy my desire to play a good ARPG ?

That's assuming your bird even contributes more than a 50% uptime teleporting manticore

On my first play through and I decided to go with an occultist and spam my skills into dreeg's evil eye and all its synergies, even that shitty point that gives the ability a cooldown. What should I go for next, should I focus on making my raven really strong?

Give them more money (which I'll gladly do).

Don't expect too much, and you might like it. Try to get it on sale if you can.

grimcalc.com/build/ewF436b

Here's a build without counting in skill level bonuses from gear, so it should max out most of the skills chosen. This is pure armchair general. No shitty bird allowed.

For what it's worth, I feel like mentioning that the Spirit tree in Soulvizier has 4 summons plus a totem, in addition to your standard necromancer curse. The Nature tree has a wolf you can summon (that increases to a pack), short-lived sprites you summon and throw at enemies, nymphs, and a "force of nature", plus your pet buffs and healing.
I grabbed this off the mod page, so don't ask me what this guy's build is.

You still need to max out curse of frailty lad. You only need 1 level of creeping vine for the slow debuff and the rest should go into curse or body of dreeg, which heals up pets when they get hit so it's flipping awesome.

grimcalc.com/build/jJLyPZo

Let's get real here motherfuckers, we need actual animoo ARPG that isn't console or handheld piece of shit, and there isn't one for whatever fucking reason.
What do?

Fucking finally multithreading in PoE, what a a time to be alive

Also have fresh webum of my druid in the necropolis, I'll probably get to ultimate before re-rolling for a pet build

literally nothing is wrong with handhelds

They're lewd

I can't play this piece of shit because my cursor doesn't appear, I'm on a laptop and have to turn off scaling from 4k to play this game and then everything looks ugly. Can't wait for zen to come out.

Nigger they scale up to 4k already? I'm still stuck with a dvi cable.

stop being poor bruv. :^)
Jokes aside the 4k scaling is a joke a r 270M can't handle shit, sometimes even videos cause the thing to heat up. Fuck laptops.

necromancers and paladins are done to fucking death in rpgs, i saw this same comment in the last thread so I just want to say, I think the class system is good now and much more robust than diablo is.

speaking of which, the other complaint I hear about GD is that the player's equipment is not as interesting as D, but let's face it they don't let you pick genders and have less class choices so everything is customized much more easily.

I gamed on a labtops for years, I was always 2 steps behind desktops no matter what.

Yeah that's why I am waiting for zen and 1080ti or whatever that can run witcher 3 4k60fps maxed out to come out.

In my game, I have several guys from lv40-20 and I have found 6 epic books and only have 1 book user, everything I have found hardly anything of.

Epics are kind of weak compared to legendary though. Most legendaries come with some skill that makes you drool all over your keyboard in a futile attempt to try to form a build around the item instead of the other way around.

Pic for example of weaker legendaries.

Do you get a lot of guys who give themselves bullshit stats when you host online games?

I have like three item transfer grids filled with legendaries, having dismantled doubles

I just can't throw them away, even though Im probably never gonna bother getting another char to 70+

the fucking time it took me before I realised you could unlock additional item transfer space

Make sure you leave 2 copies of legendary or epic 1h weapons that have +1 to job skills or spammable skills (pretty sure if you have two procs of skills, they proc seperately and generate seperate DoT slots. You probably have to check with a devotion skill to confirm) A dual wielding demo with two hand cannon epics for example already has +2 to all demo skills. And that's at lvl 16.

Is this toaster friendly?

Also.

How do I fix this.

There's a fix posted somewhere. One of the first results on google has you fix the compatibility + other settings and run some program to fix the issue. Haven't tried it myself, though.

Just no, it's really a sub par playing experience.

>tfw my first character after installing a new ARPG is always some big cunt with lots of auras and passive effects who hits SUPER hard every now and again

user, be like me and go rioter. It's all based on indirect damage. Direct damage contribution is optional and you get to toss shit into a room and leave while mobs inside die.

grimcalc.com/build/I4jTqhM

Here's the build sans an optional secondary class at lvl 42. Your molotovs gets freaking awesome after you have enough points to unlock the mage devotion skill (a fissure that spews hot rocks at everyone). Getting solael's witchfire for your flashbang is optional, but do get behemoth's healing power for vindicative flame.

GD has the tendency to punish passive hard hitters if you don't have the hp or healing power to cope.

I'm not playing GD, user

How the fuck can you make a game in a setting so interesting so soulcrushingly boring?
Why did the devs think fighting the same few enemies who do exactly the same things for 10+ hours would be fun?
The skills are downright insultingly bland.
We will never have anything that comes close to LoD again.

I never said they dropped all the time. I just got my first one and I'm past Medusa and her sisters.

Whats the economy for this game like ?

Is there a trade system, like with other players, or is it strictly just NPCs and drops ?

Really wish there was a try before you buy

Its such a shame they fucked up the start of the game, titan quest is one of my favourite ARPGs but the start kills it

When would you say it really starts picking up? Personally, I think it's Delphi.

Anyone here playing dual wielding pistols? They any good?

I kinda liked the game BUT when i played it through i could see that i can never replay it with another class than going full on Warfare and that other talent tree which i forgot with spears because RUNNING FUCKING SPEED!

Ancient Greek mythology really needs to be more prevalent in games, all this shit about dragons and "Muh edgy and dark" needs to fuck off.

I rather have one more like titan quest where you have greeko-romans-ancient Egyptian, then meeting nordic/saxons followed by meeting ancient chinks, then medieval Japanese (because their tech level pre-matchlock was basically ancient chinks) then medieval Europe and finally ending at the gothic plate age with rudimentary firearms and handcannons for ranged characters appearing.

The dream ARPG would have the gear progress alongside your setting, with warriors starting with lamellar and bronze cuirass ending wih gothic plates, light armor starts with linothorax and ending with 16th century guard wear and fancy hats and caster armor starts with priestly tunics and ceremonial armor (for heavy casters) and ending with ornate priestly robes or catholic looking ceremonial armor.

Probably make it lower fantasy, but with the character as an ageless immortal (but not invincible) and have him thrust into the ages of men fighting off the illuminati or whoever is currently (at that golden age of those historical empires) planning another doomsday. All enemies being human of various station, military experience for once instead of demons and monsters.

I think i had exactly that, i cant remember for sure but somewhere around 125-130 atleast.

You're not even killing demons? You're just some eternal warrior wandering from battle to battle, killing people to get stronger?
I'd be okay with that, you don't even need any Illuminati stuff. That's a thin enough pretense to base a game off of.

Yeah exactly or atleast the design based completely on one of those instead of this bland Tolkien shit every fucking game sometimes with just extra bit of edge from spiky dark armour and zombies without sun.

Just some crazy bastard wandering battlefield to battlefield of whenever the fighting is the thickest historically cucking up some monarch day JUST because?

That actually sounds better than trying to Illuminati someone.

I'm Dream/Spirit and I run fast. But, admittedly, I just have really nice leggings.

It's not like anybody who plays those sorts of games gives the slightest fuck about the story at all anyway.

Have you played Two Worlds 2?
It's not exactly what you want BUT i remember it having quite neat locations atleast with the second area being all Medieval Jap/Chink though i cant remember what the 3rd area was at all.

First zone wasnt that bad either, sort of like African Safari but without niggers and with European architecture.

Two Worlds 2 sucked dick.

I'm still waiting for an arpg here you're the monster or bad guy for once, and you build your character like an unique monster in the Diablo games.

Not as much as you're mom does. :^)

I should have seen that reply coming. Really though, Two Worlds 2 is horrible (the first one is the best one).

Now you are just trolling

Or I just love shitty games that have some kind of charm (I never said I had good taste in shit). The first one was kinds of broken bullshit, but I loved every god damn bit of Two Worlds 1.

Hey that could work with the ageless immortal asshole setting. Just you cucking up everyone's shit along the way as humanity advances through the ages.

I did but two worlds is still guilty for fantasy more than anything else.

The next Path of Exile expansion is apparently going to be named "Atlas of Worlds" It might have something to do with the map system, or maybe some other alternative endgame, I recall reading maps were only a temporary endgame. I just want them to remove cruel, I hate having to go through the campaign 3 times to get to the good stuff.

This. I thought when they initially launched Act 4 the plan was to remove Cruel. .

Also having to buy things to complete a build were always the drawbacks to getting into/back into PoE for me.

And yet, I found it fun to try and amass wealth in the game by selling things through the trade system.

Using maps for end game was probably the solution for D2's boss farming tactics of switching it off and on again.

Also I tried out what summoner user was complaining about aggro with my outdated pet build and found that I had no problems with aggro. I shifted my build towards grasping vines and curse of frailty, stood away from the enemy and popped them while using pet attack on left mouse button to point out priority targets. Still pretty comfy. The only improvement I made with the build was that I put 1 point in wendigo totem and 1 point in the hit for healing skill and my pets were healing up faster than the bird could had ever managed.

Bird still a shit. Though I need to reroll my summoner because stats are all over the place.

rendering a webm of my lvl 64 gunslinging sorceress
trying out magi devotion fissure proc on firestrike but I'm not very impressed by it so far, usually running with meteor shower
in the webm I'm just throwing canister bomb on the pack and then blasting them to shit with firestrike, or at least I should be opening up with canister bomb
haven't played on this character since the release so I play like I'm retarded and I died on the pack after the last one in the webm

I maxed a dual pistol Pyromancer.

Hellfire fun for days, but glass cannon as fuck.

I am running a dual pistol molotov/flashbang build on magi devotion and passive fireball procs from eyes of flame epic helm and I am very impressed by it because the nature of molotovs ensures there's a fissure proc every 1.5 seconds and the burn damage from fissure aids my molotov significantly. Currently looking for another devotion skill for my flashbang to use (not sure if on attack procs will work with flashbang) and I'm getting behemoth for vindicative flame.

After reading up on changelogs, here's the summoner build I would do in this version once I get time to reroll my current summoner.

grimcalc.com/build/URrVf4d

Note that gear should allow for more point balancing since there's no skill that needs more than max level. Excess skills should go towards maxing oak skin for maximum enemy butthurt.

Molotov build I am working towards. Gear bonuses should allow me to max out inner focus and drop at least 1 point in nullification.

What cha think? Currently, I don't even need to fight mobs directly and heroes basically burn to death within 10 seconds if I go full retard with spamming molotovs and flashbangs.

That's funny because I made a tank build for MP, tons of regen but cant do any damage.

I made a tank build as well but I focused on retaliation damage instead, overguard and counterstrike and blood of dreeg. Worked pretty well.

I chose a Soldier/Pyromancer combo, I'm immune to piercing and fire pretty much. I'd probably have more retaliation if I leveled more but regen is more important right now.

here's the webm and my skills

Even if you are ranged you are going to need way more HP than that

Also one of the things that I like about GD is how even you DoTs proc effects which can proc other effects, it's very satisfying to see all the screen erupt with attackts

yeah, I die if I stand still or get stunned or get hit by a boss
don't rely know how to fix that without pumping all points I get into physique or find new gear with physique and health

I don't really think you need 12 levels of elemental exchange at all. Your build barely runs dry of energy as it is. I'll rather put 12 levels into overload (85% elemental damage, tons of DOT) and elemental balance for more crit damage.

You definitely don't need to overlevel tempered or flame-touched. You definitely need some points in vindicative flame for health regen and overall speed bonus. Consider investing some in flashbangs (more in searing light to slow down mobs).

Most skills shouldn't be overlevelled unless they have better benefits or your damage output relies completely upon said skill (like my molotov gunslinger).

grimcalc.com/build/L2FPBKA

Here's what I would had done with your build and gear.

You already maxed out maivens sphere
Get Olexa's flash freeze for an extra layer of defense (level 9 is more than enough to freeze the entire screen excluding named bosses)
Don't undestimate the value of mirror of ereoctes and put some extra levels there it can even functions to boost you dps against bosses by reflecting the nastier attacks

Having just been done with Torchlight 2 and loving it to pieces, is Grim Dawn similar/just as good at T2?

is there a similar ARPG with cute girls?

T2 is considered to be pretty low on the totem pole by Holla Forums, so GD should be fun for you to play with.

*You don't actually need tempered. Flametouched is good enough at 12.

For me Torchlight 2 vanilla was good enough, synergies mod is what actually added a lot of value/fun for me

I wish, someone suggested one previously in the thread but it a was a handheld title, got nothing against handhelds but playing an arpg in any console it's cancer

I think GD > T2 but I value the more gritty graphics a lot over the cartoonish T2 look, I also think the class system and gear and areas are just much better.

dropping temper for vindictive flame and keeping Iskandra´s elemental exchange at 12/12 netted me the most raw sheet DPS at 15787 over 15634 with Elemental Exchange at 4 and overload at 8 with 16/16 vindictive flame
I have the Deviltongue pistol which give +1 to all demolitionist skills and a medalion with +3 to temper and +2 to flame touched
I also have no pants

I have to drop something for that and as it is now I kill most shit before it can touch me unless it's a boss

Raw dps means nothing when you're not attacking all the time. Even more useless when you are kiting. DoT means you are still doing damage when you're relocating. And of course having more focus on DoT means you have less raw damage. As you were you probably only had gear geared for dealing direct damage instead of DoT

most likely, haven't touched this character since 1 or 2 weeks after release as I mentioned earlier
I usually just kite until canister bomb is off cooldown if I'm in trouble so I can stand still for a few and unload

That's you need lvl 1 flashbang and maxed searing light. Chance to confuse comes a long way when confused mobs help you draw aggro away from you and searing light has assured slow and chance to disarm mobs.

Oh and imo your focus should be on getting skills that allow you to be able to spend more time firing (from a distance) instead of running around kiting since your substaimed dps looks fine

Can I get some feedback on this build? I'm not that experienced with arpgs and was wondering if this is viable for higher difficulties.

grimcalc.com/build/XeLogVs

Here's how I would had done it.

grimcalc.com/build/hHEb0e4

Not worth it unless you're either investing in vit damage % (which your build will not) or a summoner

Don't need that. The passives on the shaman side are much better for savagery purposes.

Don't really need that for a savagery build. Your aim is to life steal without expending energy while hitting people with a combination of physical lightning and bleeding damage.

Take that shit. You'll be critting at high savagery nearly all the time and this turns it into a 100% AoE skill with 25% chance of lifestealing from 5 unlucky bastards.

Put a level in it even if my build thingo doesn't have a point in it. 100% taunt is how you'll be maintaining your level of savagery.

The bonus given for an extra 11 skill points is worth about as much as a good item. Not worth it. And since you're not a tank, that armor % will not help you much in the long run.

Left blank due to lack of excess points that you'll probably generate from + shaman skill level item bonuses. If I were to fill in the blanks, the build would be 37 skill points short of maxing, which isn't hard to generate since you have 11 skill slots in shaman, so if you have gear granting +2 to all shaman skills, you'll already have 33 skill points generated. This bonus isn't hard to get since there's a shitload of + all shaman skill gear. Remember to not overlevel something unless the bonuses are actually good or it's the skill you're absolutely reliant on. Delevel skills that gain a bonus to the written limit so you have more skill points to go around with.

*If you have gear granting +3 to all shaman skills.

It's kinda sad that Marvel Heroes is the best ARPG currently on the market

Forgot to explain why you need to max modrogen's pact. It'll take up about 40% of your energy bar when activated, but it'll in turn give you godly amounts of health regen and as much energy regen as a middle tier caster. Oak skin is optional, but the 100 armor and 100% extra retaliation damage it adds can be pretty good depending on your gear. Level or delevel at will to free up skill points. You absolutely must max heart of the wild because it effectively cuts down all DoT damage by 25% by cutting down the uptime of poison and bleeding effects. This coupled with decorated soldier ensures that you spend more time kicking ass and less time kiting and downing potions.

You should also probably put at least one point in blitz unless you have another way of quickly entering fights (like chaos strike for chaos damage based fighters).

As for devotions, aim for stuff that gives you on attack % activation with stun effects.

Thanks very much.

One question though, am I unnecessarily paranoid about not being able to survive on higher difficulties, or will I be fine if I go with something along the lines of what you presented?

Like all ARPGs, it depends on how good your fight or flight instincts are. I have builds that are unplayable for other people because I know exactly when I need to bugger out. People who are good at glass cannon builds tend to be like this.

This savagery build is a partial glass cannon build. You have the means to refill your health quickly, but you have to make sure whatever is hitting you isn't outdamaging your natural regen + lifesteal

Fair enough, and again thanks. Really appreciate the feedback.

Late to the party, but emulate Glide with the wrapper and it'll run smooth as a babe's butt.
I set it up some days ago and fiddled with the settings, works fine.
svenswrapper.de/english/

Man, Sorcerer gunslingers sure have it tough.

My Pyromancer curses, slows, stuns and vaporizes the hordes before they even have a chance to get close, and even if they're ranged, I can just stand in place and keep shooting them because my lifesteal gets me back to full health in a mere second or two.
grimcalc.com/build/eOHcYrf

Just sayin man I like glass cannons like any other man but you gotta find balance

I realized that Sigil of Consumption is obsolete due to the Ghoul and Revenant(the 1 point on it, anyway) constellations and redistributed its skill points between Hellfire Mine(max), Flame Touched(Max) and Blast Shield(the last 1 point).

No impact on my survivability and my fissure mines are fucking nuts now.

Do skills like Elemental Exchange and Flame Touched boost damage from spells like Sky Shard and Flash Freeze? Would really like to know for my Sky Shard build.

If you are referring to +% elemental/lightning damage buffs from those skills, yes they do.

You should never go sigil unless you are pumping + vit% damage. The returns from healing is too little compared to popping a lvl 1 wendigo totem for example.

The true weakness of glass cannon build is bosses that spam bloody pox i find. True to ebola-chan's name, it can very well drop you if you are not paying attention

Presenting to you the: I take no damage and deal no damage build

pros: you can run past all the mobs in any dungeon and just hit the boss no problem even in ultimate

cons: if the boss doesnt autohit often it takes jsut as long to kil him than it would to clear the dungeon

you can literally AFK farm the hivequeen by standing in front of her while taking a shit or making something to eat, making it very easy to farm legendarys on her.

Also i forgot to say I can facetank nemesis bosses, i'll mostly do it when playing with friends and they'll jsut go glasscannon while i have aggro on pretty much all the enemies and just stand in front of any missile.

I can't open your mp4, for some reason.

it takes a while to load

Oh, also, why did you put all the points into the Shaman tree if you weren't going to bother with the last 3 tiers? Couldn't you have used those to beef up some of your Soldier skills, or were the extra stats more important?

This was originally my Bleed Build i jsut converted it to Tank, you could put some points into more beef/dmg yes but it probably only makes a minor difference.

The best arpg is dungeon siege 2, prove me wrong

Dungeon Siege 1 is undisputed champion

mods fix that

Its hardly a maze at all

Tested it out on grim calc. It comes back at about 600 raw health difference.

It's not like enemies respawn, either, but still.

That's actually kinda hilarious, good job

Decided to pirate it.
Try before I buy.

Liking what I'm seeing so far, looks to be a good deal of depth for making different builds.
That was what made me like PoE so much, you can make a build around just about any skill in the game. Granted not every skill could get you into super elite content but the majority of skills could get you into Maps and get you bank rolled.

Any aRPG that doesn't accomplish this is generally trash
Like what would be the point in playing an multiplayer aRPG if the builds at the end are all the same?
Its the reason i hated wow and its the reason i hated diablo 3
That and builds that build around items, Only 3 games I've played that have actually accomplished this are; Diablo 2, PoE and grimdawn,

God i fucking hate Engima Druid speced hurricane, Only Time I've actually killed one with a melee character was by barbarian frenzy with a fuck ton of life steal, managed to move fast enough and strike him a few times before the damage ticks from the hurricane set in
Couldn't even accomplish it with my assassin (burst of speed + viper strike)

To be fair D2 was never meant to be a PVP game.

Which made it all the more fun
except for fucking FotH Paladins, fuck those guys
Only way i could kill them was with a trapassin
and even then it was mostly luck

I'm genuinely surprised that more games in this genre don't have some sort of multiplayer arena mode or something.
You could have your horde survival co-op and your competitive battling all in one location.

Never played this game but I've been on the verge of giving it a go for about 6 months. It looks really fun, but I have some questions

No, it's extremely easy to pick up.
About the bare minimum for an ARPG, but it isn't a bloated piece like TQ was

Yes.

user is right generally speaking it is not complicated, but it does have a lot of damage types / defense types. But they are all nicely listed on the player character tabs.

Better fix that before the steps of torment or all those crossbow skelingtons are going to love me

I'm just to the point in my first play through where I need to make a choice between the Kymon's Chosen or Order of Death's Vigil. It seems that the Order is focused on caster armor, 1h ranged, 2h melee and the chosen are sword and board, 2h ranged, tank armor. I'm assuming none of it really matters?

Every character in diablo 2 had some crazy cool and thematically unique abilities. I cant really see even one I really like in grim dawn. I have yet to see another arpg have as interesting abilities as d2.

kymons chosen is fire based weapons, while death vigil is about ice based/skeletons.
You pick just lets you choose what story you want to hear.

d2 put you into a really specific role and you stayed there forever.
Sorcereress, cold, fire, lightning.

necromancer, druid, assassin.

I liked D2 lots, played lots, but I don't have nostalgia-googles on about it.

Not only does what you said have nothing to do with what I said but its also wrong.

Man, I love battle markers. They're basically ARPG style berserker packs.

Do GD get better after act 1? I played for 2-3 hours then got bored with the game but do it get better later on?

Then why are you telling obvious lies about it.

I've couldn't support this statement when I found the "shits chain lightning, stun and bleed out of arse" build for shaman/warder/druid

I'll admit the druid was probably the most useless class, apart from rabies and hurricane it was fucking shitty,
However everything else you've stated sounds pretty fictional, also your implying an elemental sorceress cant get their hands on one of those shitty vulnerability auras or isnt soloing

tbh the most terrifying creature I've fought was a manastealer with immunities to physical and magic when i was playing with a frenzy barbarian in hell single player
literally took an hour to kill

IMHO, D2 was good, I enjoyed it but it was n not because of the class system. Solo play was also shit in every respect (like a fire sorcerers up against a level of fire skeletons and demons.. lol) and loot sucked. MP had weird zerg rushes to specific mobs for specific drops. D2 was good because it was an early ARPG and deserves respect for being an solid game in it's day but it was far from perfect.

Thats one i haven't heard before

There are items to get around these, especially late game difficulties, and generally solo wise you get to around level 30 by act 3-4, enough to get those shitty resistance decreases for enemies
Also it really depends on builds, a FotH paladin is absolutely worthless PvE yet it was quite common PvP

webm related

Here's your theme song.
Now make it zoom into your character and go into black and white a-la [Sound of Silence playing loudly in the background]

you do know that means In My Honest Opinion, right? smh tbqh fam tbc

What about Loki **aka stock sound effects the game? I remember playing a demo of it a long time ago and it was pretty shit. But I was pretty shit myself back then.

Also fyi, Just grab infinity and shove it on a mercenary, If you can find an item that gets lower resists, then grab that as well
This pretty much will allow you to break 99% of the immunities in the game, However even if you cant break the immunity you can rely on your companion/hireling
tbh user i cant really see you beating anything post-hell solo

Goddamn it user, the other anons make it sound like your video is amusing and I can't even load it at all.

Playan' Diablo 1 with The Hell mod. I'm having great fun with it, but I couldn't get into Grim Dawn for some reason

download it and view it with VLC.

hasn't heard of IMHO.

Maybe if you're wearing nostalgia goggles. The only time I played it with two of my friends, we had to stop after an hour or so, because I picked necromancer and was blasting through the levels with my skeletons and got overleveled while my friends couldn't kill a single enemy.
Meanwhile, in diablo 3 on release you literally got yourself an infinite random touhou game where you could get one-shotted by basically any enemy and had to carry 5 escape skills just to survive for a few seconds. Now that was fun as fuck.

Learn to read, m8.

I quoted you only by accident.

And then you got your shit kicked in by the bosses.

Sure. No commitment, no style, no grace. You only need like 1 dodge skill and you only have 5 or 6 slots for that. PS3 even has a dedotated wam didcated dodge button.

I am actually offended you tried to compare diablo 3 to touhou
Touhou has a much higher skill difficulty, its almost like you're trying to shill that betrayal of a game

I don't think we even got to the first boss. My friends were already bored of playing (even though they wanted me to play with them) and I didn't want them to hate me for the rest of the day.

I've beaten 15th 2hu on lunatic with marisa in point device mode. I have all the rights to. Before all the patches it was near impossible to play on inferno, but you could still beat it as a wizard or demon hunter even with shitty items, if you had lots of determination and skill.

How many shekles do you get from this?
Because i know Diablo 3 on release was shit all over, even logging on was agony, Why do you need 5 skills to escape when you only need one?
Also
are you retarded?
what were your friends playing as fucking curse necromancers? Unless they had infantile intelligence I'm presuming you're making up more lies, on no level was diablo 3 better than diablo 2

Meaning you didn't get to Blood Raven?
So you played in total what? An hour?

user hes making shit up,
No one can be this fucking inept, And if you want to go by the first actual boss, its probably that shitty cold zombie in den of evil, although technically thats just unique

We got to the graveyard with some women archers and my friends couldn't even enter without getting killed. They were playing a barb and an amazon or assassin. I had to stay at the corner and kill them with my skeletons one by one. It took about half an hour and we stopped playing afterwards. Sure, just call us retarded.

I dont need to user
You pretty much just ousted yourself
also
You dont even need skills if you've got that many people, just go over there and hit it with your wand, she dies pretty quickly
I know more people makes the monsters stronger, but its not fucking that much

yes you are you fucking shill
just download the game now, play 20 minutes of it and come back, you'll likely have already reached the fucking black marsh by then, alternatively you might reach the countess if your doing that quest

You are retarded.
you're all either in the special ed class or full of shit

It's the beginning of the fucking game. How the fuck could your friends be underleveled for it? And why did it take you half an hour to mow through babby-tier mobs and kill the easy boss?

Yeah, because it's akin to failing tutorial with three fucking people in your party. If you can walk, click to attack, and drink health potions, then you can beat Blood Raven. Alone.

user i could have believed your story if your friends had somehow enabled PvP and were killing each other in the middle of the fight out of some kind of mind numbing stupidity
But even then, you should have been able to solo it

also
why didnt you make the amount of characters in your game 8 through commands?
Its the easiest way to get better loot whilst only slightly increasing difficulty

She can be killed with melee attacks from any class with just a few potions! What did you doooooooo!

Goddamn it, I can't play ARPGs on hardcore even if I wanted to. Died for the first time as a molotov rioter to The Sentinel. If I were more patient I could had beaten him with kiting. Turns out he's immune to flashbangs and run at double speed.

This is why i stopped relying on flash bangs
Found it was better to put my points into damage inflicting abilities
demolionist4lyfe
Did they fix blast shield up? because before it was useless

If you managed to overlevel it to 22/10, it effectively allows you to avoid projectiles 100% of the time. It also activates automatically at 70% health now.

I don't really rely on them, but they're a really fancy crowd stopper and most bosses and heroes are not immune to fumble.

*22/12

But i thought blast shield only blocked two damage types?
Did they change it or has it always been that way

It blocks fire and piercing, but has chance to avoid projectiles now.

I suppose it might be useful now, before it was probably the least useful of all the defensive skills in the game
100% avoid projectiles sounds like the only good thing that comes from it

Just double checked, the Calculator puts it at 80%
Is it because the calculator is wrong or have they already found a way to nerf it?

Well damn, I was pretty sure it said 100% when I was drafting up my rioter.

The lesson I learned is to stop playing whenever I get weary of tossing molotovs, flashbangs followed by a greater fireball for stagger. Still very butthurt that I didn't realize I was running myself into a corner for The Sentinel to kill me.

Basically thought his AoE DoT was doing more damage to me than it really was, panicked and got locked into a corner by mooks and got killed by the boss before my molotovs could kill the mooks and free me. I later killed the boss by literally running around one wall and continuously burning the wall. Molotovs burns over walls.

Honestly i think points put into Vindictive flame is a better idea, The health regen and movement speed increases are pretty nice, but its that aoe which i think they also nerfed recently that prevented alot of heavy melee hitters getting close
Why must the demolitionist keep getting nerfed?
That blast shield is terrible, it only blocks two damage types out of 10, the retaliation of pitiful on whilst taking only 20% of projectiles sounds like a good idea, it doesnt help that the majority of damage i take is from extremely quick melee hitters and shitty fucking aether shit on the ground fuck that paddock filled with it
Honestly dodging projectiles that dont home is the easiest thing in the world, and when they do you can just quickly get behind a corner

No wait, when its activated is the damage blocked just fire and pierce or all incoming damage?
Because if its all, its sufficiently fixed the skill

Already maxed vindicative flame without taking ulzuin's wrath. It wasn't a full nerf because they changed the movement speed bonus to total speed bonus, making the skill nearly mandatory for most builds.

For melee demolitionist/commando builds it would be. Some bosses shoot projectiles like a shotgun and even ranged glass cannons can be easily taken out if they're not careful.

I actually don't have problem with melee hitters due to extensive flashbang use. The only time I've been batter down have been mostly from carelessness and quick boss spray attacks.

Paladins, yes
Necromancers, fuuuuuuuck no. Necromancers are woefully underepresented, and when they do make an appearance, they usually get it wrong as fuck.
Off the top of my head, Diablo II is the only game to ever do necromancers right outside of grand strategy, and grand strat isn't my thing so I'm fucked.

Fixed amount of all damage, reduces fire and pierce. Praise the Aether. They fixed it.

My end game build I'm aiming for is to have a guy in full plate throwing bottles of multi-elemental "fuck yous". Probably need to think harder for gear to match up or invest some points in hellfire mines.

I want to play some Titan Quest, but I fucking suck at builds. I'm always too afraid I'll fuck up something, and so never really experiment with them at all. Does anyone have a build that they personally like or any tips on a good build?
I haven't gotten past the first zone in Grim Dawn either because of the same problem; I'm afraid I'll fuck it up for myself and be unable to progress later on

Do what I did, user: make a character, play until you get to Egypt, realize you have no more storage space for blues, recipes, and relics, and make a new character who is immediately leagues better than your first one and breezes through the first quarter of the game.
Turns out the early game isn't that bad when you one-shot everything.

Its like you want them to suffer

what grand strategy games have necromancers?

I've played for 2 hours and I'm already at Delphi. Just play as a Hunter if you want to move fast and kill faster. I'm covered in blues, I've got two souls, and I've made a lesser artifact that doubles my DPS. Satyrs and skeletons aren't even a concern anymore.

I just beat Grim Dawn…, and I'm kinda disappointed. Last boss was pretty dumb, and I wish it didn't end on a cliffhanger. The faction seems really awkward tbh (out of enchants that help pets). It's still a good game.

I unlocked Elite, but I'm wondering about the following (you guya are right about Crow sucking. I'll probably drop it for Shaman stuff):

Can you find all 50 shrines on Normal, or do more shrines appear in tougher difficulties?

They just made Druids and Nercos less shitty now. You can actually be a legit Werebear, and Necro summons drastically improved.

At least that's what I got from people here.

what do you mean now?
Have they recently had a new patch or are you referring to mod?
regardless, Necros were never shitty, Summonmancers were one of the few classes that could do uber tristrams, Cursemancers were a rarity in a similiar sort of way to shout barbarians, despite being weaker were sometimes even more useful
Poison Dagger necromancers weren't awful but suffered the same draw backs as a sorceress although even worse probably considering how many monsters were immune to poison pretty good pvp though
Bonemancers were a mostly pvp class, considering they do pure magic damage with those shitty homing spirits however any speed increasing equipment could easily help you avoid them unless you were hit with bone prison
And then the extremely fast classes, (assassin, barbarian, paladin ect…) can just out run the actual bone prison being summoned which made them ridiculously easily to kill however you can bypass this by spamming bone wall in front of them, literally ends up making bone prison obsolete
Bone spear was usefull pve so the class wasnt that bad, however they were sub par in comparison to summonmancers but at least not as bad a poison dagger necros amirite?

Honestly i would consider Necromancer one of the best classes in the game with the amount of available builds there were
Now the druid on the other had no excuse

can someone please tell me why rabies effected bone walls/prison? It fucking made it impossible for a bonemancer to compete with a rabies druid
rabies did absurd fucking damage and killed, fuck that

Stop trying to ruin games

You find most of the shrines on normal, then on elite a small amount of shrines respawn

But it makes no sense
How does a bonewall contract rabies as well as spread it?

although i should add, I'm not asking to change it,

Anyone here played Median Xl
I'm so fucking glad they got rid of the female dragon form for the paladin
like seriously why the fuck did they think that was an acceptable form?
Didnt even look like a dragon, rather it was a big breasted succubus

Only mods I played were Eastern Sun and some mod that allowed you to use the Diablo 2 bosses as playable characters.

Eastern Sun had some fun builds like Golemancers. Fun times.

I now need to look this up

Word is there is an expansion coming

Also did you beat it on normal? Because veteran loggy used to be bear impossible for summoners

This
I hope they It comes out as good as the titan quest expansion or Diablo 2's
If so i wouldn't mind buying

SOULVIZIER FOR GRIM DAWN WHEN?

never ever
its not really necessary, 'If' there is an expansion in the works which seems likely, then the developers for mods like SOULVIZIER might be waiting for it to come out before they start trying to make their own changes
I mean it would be pretty annoying making a mod that effects just about every aspect of the game if an expansion is coming out

Also taking into account grimdawns does regularly go through large changes, i wouldn't be surprised if most mods for grimdawn ceased to work with the expansion

Yea, on normal. It's just that with so many interesting act bosses out there with at least one or two stages, you fight some tentacle blob that only has one stage.

I just wanted something more out of the game's final boss and ending than, "Well…you killed a giant blob-thing. Now go chill out while we think about what to do."

I hope the expansion will add more pets that don't suck. If the modding tools allowed you to change up classes, I'd add harpies as one of the pets because they looked pretty cool.

Considering how poorly they've done pets so far i wouldn't hope for anything
a level 30 necromancer has more pets than the endgame summoner of Grimdawn, Grimdawn just isnt a game meant for summonmancers

Playing Soldier right now.

Just focusing on straight melee build.
Two handed weapons playing the big guy with a big weapon which is my go to play style any time I play a new ARPG.

Will focusing on Forcewave and Cadence be good ?

Obviously picking up any buffs, debuffs and passives as I go.

Already hit level 12. I like the art style and the setting for the game a lot.

Oh, come on, stealing your enemy's soul fits better in Grim Dawn anyway.
come on man I love this shit I need more

Well fuck me I guess

The pet quantity doesn't bother me as much as the quality of the pets.

I want to try the other classes, but none of them are really interesting to me (I hate melee).

Pick one. Forcewave morphed to not have cooldown is a beast for aoe internal trauma builds

i figured cadence for single target dps and forcewave for mobs

That's probably for the best, because my hunter feels really disgusting right now. Maybe my last character was just poorly built, I dunno.

I'm currently trying to hit 75 (I'm 68) to be able to use the axe shown in this pic.

My build works really well too for pure damage. Lightning charges, quick melee, two-handed crushing. Works well.

I want to make a mage but haven't had the time to start a new one yet. Plus I want to hit 75 first with this character to equip my new shit.

You will end up spending too many points into both skills and not enough into support skills. Also this game makes a beast of a tank build if you know where to look

Did anyone else think the last boss was a giant disappointment? You spend the entire game fighting off the aetherial's, while worrying about their grand keikaku, then the final boss shows up as a giant c'thon blobfish. Also, what the fuck happened to devil's crossing, why does the protagonist and the black legion not give any fucks about them?

To be fair, you probably didn't meet and fuck up loggy in his final form. I think lore suggests that you were interrupting the summoning ritual when you found him

There's other cities on the map, I just assumed we'd fight the aetherial big boss later.

LIfe is suffering brother

Well this seems promising

You saved it by bringing goods from homestead.
Black legion simply doesn't care.
Wasnt it because they have too much money and they made whole chtonic thing with leftover money as a free bonus? Also every single game in genre has at least one addon.

well its just a crossing user, its nothing major in the long run

I grew sentimental to the place and its people, same with homestead

Name one fucking character from there. Generic npc one generic npc two and generic npc three?

Gheed?

bourbon, and barnabas

It didn't feel like the final boss for me.
Wasn't that big of a disappointment since the lore was building up that boss fight, but since you didn't have to stop the aetherial's like you said, it felt like a halfway point.

grimcalc.com/build/XbFmCcR

RATE MY EBOLA-CHAN

utter trash
This comes across as half-arsed Nurgle worship to me

Planned devotions

Not until it finally works.

Can anyone else literally not believe that Diablo II is STILL relevant with the continued updates to Median XL Ultimative and now the upcoming Median XL Sigma? Marco is a god at programming

I was expecting a little more from the last boss after fighting guys with different stages.

Black Legion doesn't care about villages getting ransacked by gangs until gangs start playing with cultists and aetherials.

I didn't care about anybody from Devil's Crossing, but then again, I didn't save a lot of people in the first place.

I also wished there was a litle more to Elsa than, "Oh hay goy i saevd myself cuz im kewl liek that lul." Like she could have joined the Black Legion or something.

Wait, has anybody in this thread set up any multiplayer games yet?

its just me doing literally nothing and getting hit (without nearly ever taking damage), killing monster by retalaion

what a fucking meme game
THE ENDING IS LITERALLY A WALL VAGNIA
ARE YOU KIDDING ME?

Median XL has problems user
Also i can never find someone to play with
gonna start playing grimdawn again, I've waited too long since the beta

Borderlands?

I liked the direction that brotherlaz took with median xl more.

I'll play, are you playing on a private realm?
can't play right now tbh but I will in the future

Would it be heresy is someone made Diablo 2 but in borderlands 1st person setting?

Nope, still too little time to actually set up a multiplayer game with someone halfway across the world.

Though I'll be keen to start one up with someone around EU/US once I get to London for my masters in September

A first person Diablo game is inherently flawed, as it's much harder to make a diverse skill set when you're limited to the rooty tooty point and shooty perspective.

Tried it, combat is reaaaallly slow paced and boring compared to Path of Exile.

I don't know guys it just sounds to me like you don't farm enough in PoE if you can't complete your builds. I started playing it only a year ago and I've been able to make very expensive builds in every league.

Just farm a lot of maps and exalts or gear worth several exalts will drop. Also, you HAVE to set up a shop where you sell gear and stuff you have found to other players. And it's not a hassle, takes 2 minutes to set up and after that you will start getting whispers from people all the time wanting to buy stuff from you.

You can easily make lots of exalts even just by selling rares you find.

Now if only getting to endgame in PoE was fun, and not a painful, pay-to-win chore…

and you get to do it all over again when a new league starts!

I think arc targetting (For explosive orbs, barb jumps etc) has been good enough in fps for years now though. Ground targetting in FPS would be the only thing I think still needs more work on the FPS perspective.

Path of Exile just doesn't work for me. The server is serving me ping spikes despite it being right next door (globally speaking, funny that the more far flips are getting better ping than I do) and the whole league thing is just horrendous.

There's always one of you in these threads.

I liked Elsa too, and it's shit that you don't have at least one mission with her. I also saved literally everybody I could find.

Elsa is a self aware waifu-bait and I'm glad she knows it.

Turns out, pet builds can be kinda fun

That, I agree with. It is very tedious getting to endgame, and takes too many hours even for an experienced player. I still do it every time because end game is so much fun.

Oh, except what the fuck do you mean by
There are literally no pay to win aspects in PoE at all. You can't pay for success in that game in any way, or are you saying cosmetic skins make you do better?

lol? One of who, people who have legitimate criticism about a game you like so much that you can't admit its faults? Grim Dawn combat is extremely slow paced.

he probably wants to argue that the premium stash tab indexing feature for poe.trade is pay to win since he's too much of a shitter that he has to buy and sell shit to other players for the items he needs for the build in the guide he's following and people with premium stash tabs can do that so MUCH faster than he can without premium tabs, thus making it pay to win and lets not mention the currency stash tab to store all the currency you get from your pay to win tabs

Meh, it's like a few seconds faster to price stuff on premium stash tabs than through a 3rd party software like Acquisition. I just play in windowed mode and alt tab to Acq, price the stuff I just placed in my stash after a few maps, and done. Only takes a short while.

Buying stash tabs is Pay4SlightConvenience, not Pay2Win.

And anyway, it is a free game, I don't see what the problem is buying one currency stash tab and one pack of extra stash tabs for 7 euros. In total you will have spent only 14 e on the game now - when, I assume, you spend 30-60 on many full games you buy, many of which have less content and gameplay than PoE.

I was just pointing out how fucking rediculous the reasoning was

Stash tabs are a pain in the ass if you don't buy them, and they haven't made it easier, and they don't plan to, for people to mule shit between characters, considering how many you actually will need, chaos recipes, uniques, good rares, currency etc.., they stack up and keeping track of them, and managing them is a complete fucking pain in the ass with the standard number of tabs, if they made it easier to exchange shit between characters it wouldn't be a problem, but nope, they will never do that

Well fuck, just test out via spell tooltips and Iskandra's elemental exchange doesn't affect pure spell damage whatsoever.

No, I meant one of you who thinks PoE shits gold when it's one of the most unsatisfying ARPGs I've ever played.
Maybe it was cause I played it 3 or 4 years ago, but back then, once you got near the end of the game, the only way for you to have a build worth a shit is to either trade with other people (fucking gay) or grind forever (also gay).
Maybe I'm just missing something, I don't know.

Guys shut the fuck up about whos games Dicks longer, everyone has favourites obviously.

You should post more retarded builds instead.

your favorite game is shit

What's Holla Forums bump limit and why is it bumplocked at 300+ replies?

Because mark is a faggot kike

I'll make a new thread, just…. as soon as this webm is done.

help