Here we go again

Are you guys ready for Project autisM 2?

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/Project-M-CC/Project-M-CC
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

With how drama-filled the Smash 4 modding "community" is, there's not going to be any PM2.

/thread

The entire community is full of dickwagging assholes with inflated egos

Wavedashing isn't anything new. I'll be interested in Smash 4 modding if they add in entirely new models, animations, sounds, and true projectiles without replacement.

Yeah the only cool people in the Smash Bros modding community are the guys who make models/skins and maps. The rest are just fucking faggots who think they know what's best for the series

The Sm4sh community always seemed like a community that lives on the fact that they aren't melee, and go around thinking that makes them special. In reality, they're just as autistic as Melee's community, if not worse.

Why is the Smash community so drama-filled and autistic, holy shit.

combine every favourite autistic thing of manchildren with "competitive" fighting game and you have a recipe for a catastrophe

Why does the Smash community has such an obsession with Melee of all things? I remember that Brawl got a lot of hate for some reason but in my opinion it is a lot more entertaining and filled with content compared to Melee. Do they not know that first and foremost it's a party brawler and not a fighting game? Or is it that they are autistic people that never play the game with anyone else outside of online matches or their circlejerks.

But can it do half an A press?

It's worse. The Melee community has it's share of self-entitled, autistic pricks but the tr4sh community is basically just cry-babies and meme-spewers.

Because Brawl plays like shit. Nowhere near as shit as 4 but still pretty bad. Even as a party game, I'd take Melee any day of the week. 64 and Melee are the only games that feel like they were made by people who knew what they were doing.

Don't forget that if you try and suggest a better way to do wavedashing(such as just having that function be bound to a singular button) that's heresy! You're obviously a filthy casual and should be executed! Everyone knows it can't be an esport if you don't need 300 Inputs Per Minute to play!

Because muh skill

muh skill muthafucka

Brawl is extremely floaty and has a lot of weird quirks which were probably meant to be funny in a casual sort of way (random chance of tripping, removal of glitch-based movement trick etc.) but it doesn't really satisfy either the party-goer nor the competitive aspects of the genre. That is coupled with the horrible and laggy multiplayer.

Wavedashing is cool because it's just the momentum from your air dodge being carried on after you hit the ground. If you bound it to a single button you'd also have to find a way to implement wavelanding the same way, and a way to control the length of both. The fact that wavedashing is an extension of an already existing mechanic is a lot simpler than having a button for every advanced technique.
Besides, having a physical barrier for some advanced tech doesn't make it worse by definition. It means that the player also has to have the skill necessary to competently execute that tech. While this creates a wider skill gap, I think it's valuable.

I love how Holla Forums only defends games being casualized and dumbed down when it's Smash.

It's okay when Nintendo does it, right?

How do you suggest we do that without emulation or complex controller modding? You do know how the technique works right? It's an exploit in the games mechanics, not a pre-set move. And it's not even hard to learn, people like you are just lazy.

But let's say Melee did have a wavedash button, how would that improve anything? It would just lead to a bunch of scrubs spamming the move and giving Melee critics even more reasons to scoff at it.

Go look at the Monster Hunter threads, they love that Aerial style introduced in Generations even though it makes mounting trivial and every monster piss-easy if you're jumping around constantly.

Looks, neat. PM was great if we ever get Smash 4 PM you damn right I'm gonna try it out.

Hopefully they fix Samus' shitty model.

what version of p;m do people play these days?

Most of the Melee model-swaps as alt costumes for Project M made me cringe so hard my fucking face tore because they looked so out of place but I wouldn't mind a return to Brawl's model as a replacement for Samus in Smash 4, honestly. She doesn't look right anymore.

Probably that ritzed-up leaked dev build that leaked after PM's devs tried shitcanning the whole thing with no explanation so they could fuck off to Wavedash Games. github.com/Project-M-CC/Project-M-CC

Did anyone finish the movesets for Lyn, Knuckles, or Issac yet?

ty

What?

I've been in those threads since before the game came out and it's agreed that aerial is trash outside the IG and CB.

Here's where i disagree with you, i played it for years with friends and my bro abd we never had any complaint with it. Nor did any of the other people who also played it as a party game for years. I think the problem lies in the FGC side of things, you guys just can't talk for regular players because you are not regular people.

Consistently pulling off wavedashes takes a fair bit of practice, learning to use it as a spacing/offensive option takes a lot of practice

Aerial style sucks, Bushido is fun as fuck and makes HBG feel a lot less clunky, it may also be broken.

I see people constantly singing the praises of aerial greatsword.

Bushido seems to be totally worthless outside of ranged weapons

Reminder that instead of building their own platform fighter engine and making their own game. The Smash community would rather go through the hassle of hacking console games and developing with all the restrictions that come with that. Even though they could probably achieve the same results in a fraction of the time if they just made their own fucking game.
The community behind these games is one of the most retarded I've ever seen.

Only like one or two people from Project M jumped ship to Wavedash games. The rest just fucked off completely to god knows where.

I'd like SSF2 more if it didn't have fucking anime characters in it, as well as its alt colors not just changing the hue/saturation of each sprite.

You know the reason why it's nice for these games to be 3D is because you can do so much more with 3D with half the effort. Making it 2D only restricts what you can do with it.

just looked up this so-called Wavedash Games

I see way too many "indie" studios doing this these days. Whatever happened to just making
the games by yourself? Nintendo didn't have any community input when creating melee and they did fine.

"esports-focused game studio" is already the first red flag, people deliberately trying to develop games for esports end up flat on their asses and bankrupt.

The funny thing is those two games were insanely rushed compared to Brawl and 4.

Only three anime characters were in the roster before the team decided to take their project seriously, but said characters were far into development that it would be a waste to take them out. The anime characters wouldn't be removed, but no more anime characters would be added to the roster. Besides, I doubt anyone here would complain if a character from JJBA, Fist of the North Star, or Berserk was in the SSF2 roster.

As for the alt palettes, that is more of a restriction of using Flash. Then again, the devs managed to make the Flash game have ingame controller support without the use of a 3rd party program, so there is a possibility that the palette limitations would be overcome.

That looks seriously fun.

Some are better than others. I think Fox and Falco look OK, but Melee Ganon looks atrocious in PM. Samus in Sm4sh looks horrible because they used the pants on head retarded high heels and thigh gap power armor from Other M.

Overall, I think Smash 4 has the best art style, at least in the texture work. The lighter pastel colors look a lot better than Brawl, where they tried to make everything look gritty.

Yeah, making a game in 3D would certainly allow a developer to make games much more easily without having to work around restrictions and totally not allow the developer to half-ass its development.

What's the point? Smash autists refuse to play anything other than Melee.

Nintendo did fine because the appeal of Smash is pitting characters from different series against each other, something this new studio doesn't have and won't ever

It doesn't have to be Melee exactly, just Melee esque.

Going from Melee to Brawl was like if SFIV came out, but played like Marvel, and then everyone says "well you can't make the SF community happy, they're never going to play anything other than Third Strike". No shit they'd stay with Third Strike if every sequel they got was so mechanically different that it might as well be a new franchise.

PM was getting really big before Nintendo realized it was better than Sm4sh, and started to black ball it through sponsorship. If Nintendo was smart, they'd let some of their lawyers out of their cages, and figure out how to do a legal takeover of PM. Throw it up on the e shop for $10-20, and it would sell millions. Project M 3.0 had 1 million downloads, and that was as an unsupported fan game, whose only advertising was word of mouth, that you had to install on an SD card, and then launch through in game exploits. Or take the even lazier way out, and just do an HD port of PAL Melee with netplay.

The only thing hard about wave dashing it consistently getting the exact distance you need out of it for a given situation, and that's all to do with the angle of the stick. A jump+air dodge macro wouldn't do anything to make that easier. Not to mention other applications of the same exploit, like ledge dashing or wave landing through platforms, wouldn't work with a jump input forced before the air dodge, so you'd still have to learn those the old fashion way.

there's like 4 smash games with their own engine

I've heard Melee fans say that they will point-blank refuse to play any Melee game that isn't the original cartidge game using a shitty old TV.

Yeah, the demand is there. but Nintendo is known for being a bunch of fucking retards when it comes to these things. Like making games is the only thing they're good at, and that's mainly due to experimental hardware. Even then they fuck it up like they did the GameCube and WiiU. The GameCube could've been the PS2 if they used proper DVD's and added shit like Online gameplay, four shoulder buttons instead of the retarded Z button, etc.
The fact is that while they get the base things down perfectly, they fail at the little things. Oddly enough their games are the exact opposite when it comes to that, however when the creator of a franchise doesn't want to make another entry, you get someone who does it better.
This is why I hate sakurai, he doesn't want to make these games and YET he continues doing it. Like look at Smash 4, you can tell that he would be much rather making Kid Icarus 2 or a new Fire Emblem game than Smash Bros. He adds in so many little things from franchises he likes, and then shoves away franchises he doesn't care for or dislikes. With Iwata's death and the birth of the NX, I'm hoping that we'll see a replacement for Sakurai due to the consumer base wanting something faster and more akin to Melee, rather than something like Brawl which was trying to appeal to that Wii/Smartphone market and was a bad game because of it. It's remarkable how a company fuck up so much, and yet does so much right. Also they need to fire reggie, he's nothing but trouble.

tl;dr
Look at it this way, if pic related is attacking Nintendo then you KNOW they're fucking up in some way or form.

Also:

Just look at what happened at the last few tourneys:

-Drunk Smash player tries to rape some cuck player's girlfriend, and tries to shut him up, so he can keep his "gaming career."

-Acted up at CEO by being disrespectful in the GG finals. Apparently someone took a shit in the pool, and a Smash player even harassed some Cammy cosplayer to a point she had to wear pants.

-They might have been creepy at Combo Breaker because cosplayers were complaining to the TO about the creeps in the event. Of course, the fgc is also as guilty as the Smash community for making Combo Breaker horrible for non-autsitic people and non-thugs.

Smash players ruin everything, fam.

I can't wait for Nintendo to shut this down.

I wouldn't be surprised if the retards actually said this. Can someone remind them that Melee was on a disc?

No one will ever get the memo from Dota that your game has to be fun even for someone that is mildly interested in your game.

How is it that Dota is the only one that might have done this right (Riot doesn't count because they bought their way)?

The riffraff will buy anything, as long as it has "smash" somewhere in the title. Smash 4 was at 10 million units sold at the beginning of LAST year, compared to Brawl's total of about 13 million lifetime sales, and Melee's 7 million. The extra millions or so sales they could get from appealing to the competitive community isn't worth the effort of actually making a good game.

The guy was walking around really drunk, some players invited him into their room and had him sleep on their bed with the girl. Girl says he molested (not raped or tried to rape, just groped her or some shit) her and gets everyone on the internet to fuck his shit up.

He's a Smash player. Even if it's exaggerated, he deserves the worst from life for even playing Smash.

Ignoring that, I know autists that do want to only play Melee on an old TV.
I also know people that only want to play 64 on an old TV

Seems I had a brain fart. Time to kill myself.

I like how the same people complaining about wavedash also bitch for the death of bunnyhopping and skill based movement in fps in general.

How do you do, fellow Holla Forums-ers?
I HATE it when people try to mod Smash, it is stealing from hard-working developers like the ones at Nintendo.
I can kinda understand modding non-Nintendo games, but modding NINTENDO games!? Are you out of your flipping mind?
It's a good thing that us channers have common sense. I mean, wanting to mod Nintendo properties, that's just plain autistic. Only a whiny, autistic, ungrateful, TOURNEYFAG would even dare to modify Smash.
I think people should be banned for even mentioning Project autisM, that's how Miiverse did it, Miiverse did it right.

Who here is excited for the NX? It's going to be great, I sure of it.

$0.70 has been deposited to your account.

YouTube embed. Click thumbnail to play.

I won't even be against wave dashing if it didn't look so damn stupid, and if it was fixed up a bit too. If it Actually been something considered as far as character balance goes. The devs "knew" about it before release of melee, but they didn't know what it could do at all. They didn't really test it.

It doesn't even make much sense why you would want that in a game from a mechanical stand point.

Your character is standing still for a reason.

Why would anything be faster then running?

I like the fact it lets you position yourself correctly though, something like taking a step back, which is impossible with the controls normally. Instead its do a 180, take a step, and then a 180 back. They should just make the roll mechanic something you can control the distance, where you do a short hop or lunge forward and backwards if you slightly tilted the joystick.

Not to mention those weird glitch frames where your character blatantly just appears in certain positions making your character look like a blurred mess.

There shouldn't be, but that's just a result of the differences in traction for characters. For some reason the creators thought it would be good for some characters to have bad movement in a game where platforming is major part of the mechanics, so people simply accepted the better movement options if it made those characters playable.

If we're about talking wavedashing replacements, I'd prefer just having better control of your character's dash. This could be done by extending the window for pivoting and letting you cancel your dash during the initial dash animation (maybe by holding down or back briefly). That would allow for the same sort of positioning control without the physics manipulation.

Of course without wavedashing you then lose its benefits to platform/ledge movement with things like ledgedashing and wavelanding. Not that the former would be a terrible loss - it gave certain characters far better advantages off the ledge than the one with stage control - but losing the latter would significantly reduce platform mobility. I'm not quite sure how that one could be replaced.

Project U Autists BTFO'd

Any mod that promotes wave dashing is a fucking scam why didn't you listen to the last guy

If you wanna mod in wavedashing and other faggotry go for it. If it starts becoming a fag fest trying to push it over Vanilla smash 4 they can fuck right off

Ignore all smash 4 "Wave dashing" Mods They're just attention seekers

You expect me to take you faggots seriously with that?

THEY EVEN HAD TO CHANCE THE DEATH SOUND EFFECT TO MEELEES

HOW AUTISTIC

Some characters are complete trash without it. If there were no wavedashing Melee would be as unbalanced as Brawl, where Marth and Falco would be the undisputed best characters with all others being far below. Instead of being fast and aggressive, the meta would consist of Falco laser camping and Marth down-tilting and f-smashing.

Your character is standing still for a reason.
You can actually still do almost all of those without wavedashing, with jump-cancelling or crouching and using an A-input.

Does the melee community have enough autism left to deliberately break another game to fuck?
The only good part about project M was stages

You forgot to use the word "entitled".

funny you should say that

Reminder that the only other community you'll see this much autism over a fucking physics exploit is Counter-Strike with bunny hopping

(checked)
Shit, I've just noticed that. austism/10

Melee sucks.

Just because it has enough elements to make a decent competitive game doesn't mean it should be played like one, because it's not built to be one. Especially if the game has heavy controller abuse and higher chances of arthritis, other competitive games do not follow the same standard of heavy control yet are more competitive in nature and are easier to understand from a bystander perspective. Smash still has a not-fighting-game stigma because even with a commentator explaining it's not immediately understandable like a regular fighting game. I swear most of the autism comes from the fact that it's a Nintendo crossover game.

One of the plus sides of Smash 4 is that competitive play actually affects balance patches, so essentially the game is balanced around it.

If people wanted to make a real good Smash 4 mod, they should add unique systems and things that actually support competitive play without copying mechanics from a game that shouldn't be played competitively. For a start, no fucking wavedashing; essentially risk free forward momentum you can act out of at any point of the dashing, how about just a regular quick dash carry your momentum forward and build some stuff around that if need be. You can also just make air dodge recovery longer if it's a problem, better yet take the Kid Icarus style dodge deterioration.

No shit, user. You really think they'd go through the trouble of hacking console games if it wasn't just because they were Nintendo crossovers? We could easily see original platform fighters with unique mechanics but the reason why that'll never happen is because Nintendrones.
I'm honestly shocked that we don't have the MUGEN equivalent of Smash Bros on PC already. I'm honestly shocked that Nintendrone autists would rather go through the trouble of making something like Smash Bros Infinite on the Wii's ancient PowerPC hardware than make their own engine with mod tools.

The worst thing is that people DO try to make platform fighters but Smash players don't even try them even when their favorite e-sports celeb recommends it because it's not Nintendo.

I believe the difference in quality came from the two different teams working on the Smash series. Smash 64 and Melee were developed by HAL Labs whereas Brawl and 4 were done by Sora Ltd, a company founded by Sakurai. Despite what Sakurai says today, I think the HAL team wanted to find a nice balance between party and fighting game. I mean why else would "l-cancelling" be included in both 64 and Melee and even be mentioned on the official website?

RIP Rivals of Aether

Yep, that Brawlout game that was announced recently. It looked meh-tier but Smash autists tore it apart for "Not being fast enough" and their usual parade of stupid bullshit. Sure, there's a good deal wrong with it but they tore it apart like they were looking at the final product.

Not exactly RIP but it's definitely not taking the industry by storm

i'm not even going to touch anything before the last sentence

Gay post all of it was gay don't try again just go home

This.
It took Holla Forums years to realize, but one day, in the not-too-distant future, Brawl and Smash 4 will have the same cadence to it's name that DmC (2013) has.

What a whole game boiled down to two words?

fuck you

What's the point? So you can be cosmetic about cheating?

>not modding in Ice Climbers

Do you complain about playing instruments too?

can you fuck off newfag?

The only retard is you, newfag.
You completely missed what he was saying, and just started acting like a redditor. You need to go back.

A guitar doesn't require 300 actions per minute and arthritis to make good sound.

Why do Holla Forumsturds get so butthurt about any movement mechanic more complicated than pressing a single button? No wonder you fags like overwatch so much.

why not make your own opensource smash clone

casual

Someone tried to make one in Unity. It never went past pre-alpha.

Nintendo dindu nuting wrong

well, try again, in an different engine maybe

Wavedashing is useful for many reasons but the big ones revolve around using it so you can face your opponent whilst moving backwards and wavedashing within shield for defensive purposes.