Holla Forums's Triple Treat Thread - Voting

A plan to get Holla Forumsirgins to actually play some video games and talk about them in a semi-organized manner. The last bunch of threads were scatterbrained and OP seemed kind of unorganized. Given that, he passed the reins to me since he was going to be without internet access for the next month or two (pic related).

The thread died almost immediately when we actually got around to talking about the games on the schedule. I am hoping this is due to a lack of interest/information on the board, as opposed to something fundamentally wrong with the project, and so I am going to be sticking to the two-week schedule unless a compelling reason not to comes up.

There was also interest in posting reviews/magazine articles relating to the games and their launch; I think that could be really neat, but of course not every game is going to have noteworthy reviews/news. Maybe someone who isn't me can do that, or maybe I'll end up doing that as well.

Try not being a faggot.

The schedule is currently:

We will be voting in this thread. Post your suggestions.

Other urls found in this thread:

poal.me/9pgb
retromags.com/
archive.is/Y9jk8
archive.is/59dlD
archive.is/JDRYm
archive.is/2Ivfc
emuparadise.me/M.A.M.E._-_Multiple_Arcade_Machine_Emulator_ROMs/Golden_Axe:_The_Revenge_of_Death_Adder_(World)/13031-download
emuparadise.me/M.A.M.E._-_Multiple_Arcade_Machine_Emulator_ROMs/Golden_Axe:_The_Revenge_of_Death_Adder_(US)/13030
emuparadise.me/M.A.M.E._-_Multiple_Arcade_Machine_Emulator_ROMs/Golden_Axe:_The_Revenge_of_Death_Adder_(Japan)/13029
mamedev.org/release.php
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

But that box has 4 treats

I thought this was a thread about how anons bought other anons Triple Treat Boxes for delivery or a meet-up to play games where we could eat food for meet-up and make friends

Are you counting the pizzas as one 'treat' because there's 5 different things in there not counting the sauces. Who the fuck would eat that shit

So I'm not the only one who felt like this

I'm sorry OP, I tried, I really did. I wish we could keep a thread up while we play to get people motivated but I'm pretty sure that would just piss other people off.

The catalogue is half generals and half shitposting. I don't think anyone in his right mind would care about this thread being bumped excessively.

Yeah, I was, but it definitely makes more sense to count the pizzas separately.
Certainly not me.

Play OSRS you nig nogs

Nominating fallout tactics

No

It's not so much the constant bumping that I'm worried about but rather the constant re-creation of the thread every time it dies. I don't think it would be a problem considering that, even if we do get a fair amount of participants, the thread should still last a while but you never know.

I'm not saying it shouldn't be allowed, but there will definitely be an exorbitant amount of shitposting after a while if history does indeed repeat itself.

This sounds really cool, like a book club for good vidya.
Aces Wild (PC and XBLA)
Gimmick (NES)

mount and blade: warband

Only if you let there be.

Ideally it would be something we could all emulate/pirate/otherwise acquire easily. You can try again for Gimmick if you want.

we play rocket league

Alright, but only because everyone should experience Gimmick once in their life.

Alright fine let's try this shit again

Nominating Startropics (NES)

Battlefield Bad Company 2

or

Insurgency

nominating

Nominating Kirby's Dream Land 3. Real comfy shit.

People are going to get triggered no matter what you do, no point in letting it be a deterrent

Also rerolling once for this bad boy because it's a gosh darn classic

re-rolling for these

does rerolling even count?
if so i reroll mount and blade

Make it Marathon 2 or Infinity and you got a deal, haven't played multiplayer on it since 3 years ago when it had weekend lobbies.

Why does the dubs god always get upset with us when we try to talk about videogames?

iirc no rerolls for the same game

also nominating nfs underground 2

You can re-roll until we get a start at the least. Jesus.

re-rollan

Welp, rerolling on behalf.

let the games begin
rerawlin

that's a start

rollan

Noice

Rolling for robutts

rolling again!

nominating

oh shit this is getting interesting now

FUCK

We got another!

rolling

Just cause 2

high quality post

Play pic related then you turbo niggers

Beautiful.

That's two so far, and Super Mario Land 2 is pretty short if memory serves.

aw yiss.

fuck rolling once more

RIP

Binary domain. Really good modern game save for the forced mouse acceleration

Reroll

.>>10172080
\o/

Hey, it worked!

FINALLY

it doesn't count if you reroll this much though

nominating for /k/ action

undertale :^)

B-but…

Hey, man. I only rolled for KDL3 once
Yeah, I'm sure it doesn't but sometimes you have to die checking to talk about good videogames

Dota 2

ROOLLLAN

Tell me about Metaknight, why won't he wear the masks?

rerolling :^)

C-C-COOK THOSE BURGERS C-COOK

nominating this because im planning to replay it soon, see if its as enjoyable as i remember

REROLLAN FOR FROG BOG

OH I REMEMBBER THIS GAME

Is there any good Intellivision emulators?
Let's play some Frog Bog.

We're all going to play this and whoever gets the highest score will get an exclusive pic of my shrimpy cock

hard truck

Rollan for /m/.

bliss seems to work alright

Okay then how about this

1nsane

6th time's the charm

Rerolling for this, looks interesting

dubs god really hates me.
Rollcage

In the interest of filling out the ballot as quickly as possible, I will allow Kirby's Dream Land 3 onto the ballot. That game also has a special place in my heart, but don't tell anyone.

Nice.

Currently we have:
Golden Axe: The Revenge of Death Adder
Super Mario Land 2: Six Golden Coins
Kirby's Dream Land 3
Frog Bog

Now that the list is half-finished, you get ONE (1) re-roll. That's it.

Dragon Quest V

trying again

Whoops, forgot to include this re-roll for Hard Truck.

Well, if one reroll, then one reroll. Dragon Quest V.

I can't find good gameplay videos of that one, here's more though.

Phantasy Star 1.

Phantasy Star 2

come on dubs god why do you hate me
I nominate ignition

Current list is:

Kirby's Dream Land 3
Frog Bog
Hard Truck
The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks

Interesting selection so far. Looking forward to the voting.

Silent Hill 3

So what're the games currently being
nominated via dubs? Going by right now, it's
following this:
>Golden Age: Revenge of Deathadder
>Super Mario Land 2
>Frog Bog
>Hard Truck 1

Neat!

re-rolling one last time

Well I'll give this dudeboy a nominate

I don't know what this thread is about, but i guess that okay, since i got dubs.

Nice.

Three slots left!

One last shot

I honestly think you'll have more success by making a thread that just had a torrent link to the game and "play this game and talk about it itt" in all caps red text assuming people don't sperg out over it being lostboy.exe or stuffs.rar

Though a vidya book club would be pretty rad.

If you're gonna allow rerolling you might as well just not have the roll in the first place.

Anyway, nominating Banished.

rerolling this, i spent a long time playing the game as a kid and it's really good, it also has or had a modding scene

Chrono Trigger

Walking (by Kanoguti)

And rerol of walking.

Fuck!

Rerolling

Test drive offroad: wide open
emulate the xbox version, i forgot what exactly but it has a bit more content than the ps2 one and it also has better graphics/resolution

Demonophobia

Bahamut Lagoon

I believe there are much less people on Holla Forums than 2 rolls of one game they can make in this thread.

also reroll

Has Anyone Really Been Far Even as Decided to Use Even Go Want to do Look More Like?

desu

Are you retarded or am I really this out of the loop?

Nice.

Current list is:

Kirby's Dream Land 3
Frog Bog
Hard Truck
Silent Hill 3
Test Drive Offroad: Wide Open

Only two more slots and we can start voting. Don't miss your chance!

Clock Tower

Reroll (44)

WHAT THE FUCK

Empire Earth
Ratchet and Clank 1

momination for last

FUCKING SHIT I WASTED THE DUBS

reroll

AAAAAAAAAA

HAHAHAHAHAHA

reroll for empire earth

QUIT WASTING PRECIOUS DUBS

empire earth satan get?

666 the game

Damnit
666 REROLL

reroll 666

only re-roll I'm doin.

lol

Fuck it, gonna reroll.

Fine, Warcraft 3

GTA San andreas

HUE

I'll nominate thiaf gold

3rd birthday

It's not that hard with how slow this board. Nothing to be impressed about.

fucking faggot got lucky. probably thinks he looks really cool now

YAY!

You got a screenshot? I haven't heard of that one.

Emulate on ppsspp or play on psp.

Happy birthday little guy!

Reroll.

Last time.

The nominations are now closed.

The final list is:
Kirby's Dream Land 3
Frog Bog
Hard Truck
Silent Hill 3
Test Drive Offroad: Wide Open
Clock Tower
The 3rd Birthday

Vote using this link: poal.me/9pgb

Each person gets one (1) vote. After a couple days, the voting will close and the top 3 will be the games we play and discuss in the following thread.

I'm going to bed now. Thanks, everyone!

Nomination already over
We're waiting for OP to make a poll or something

That's a great fucking list honestly. Going to have a good time with any 3 of those.

i suggest you use a tripcode if you plan on curating these threads

that website is so gay

this shit is never going to work tbh

AS THE PROPHECY FORETOLD

There has to be a better way to do this than dubs. Could we just do the first 10 games to have three+ anons vouching for it or something next time?
Frog Bog better be the tightest shit I swear

or we could just play video games tbh

This isn't gonna work as a poll with proxyfags in the mix. I think you should just make it a lottery, toss the 10 nominations in and randomly pick 3.

(observed)
BINGO. OP, you fucking faggot, listen to this suggestion here.

Nominating Track and Field in Konami GB Collection volume 2
Do it as two groups of 5 who compete in the first 4 events and then the winner of the groups face off in the 5th event which is Triple Jump
Yes I want that specifically

What if we got Holla Forums's list of recommended games and went down the list?

Or we could get some techfag to write us a simple random number generator that has a decent chance to get dubs, and the anons in the thread can compile a list of 10 games each week (limited number, suggestions first come first serve). Then the OP can use OBS or some capture software to make a webm of himself using the random number generator for each game on the list. First three games that get dubs are the games for the week; if no game gets dubs well then he keeps going until three unique games get dubs.

*proxyfrogged

I think this would be best, there's not really a qualitative difference between taking the first ten dubminations and taking the first ten posts. It just slows things down.
If anything once we have a nomination list OP can just roll three times with singles digit picking the game, to avoid poll fuckery.

This can mean one of two things: either some assole set up proxies to vote dozens of times, or dozens of lurkers voted because they happened to see my post with the poal.me link on the index or something/they want to influence the games people play but don't actually want to play those games themselves. In either case, there is intense faggotry here, so we cannot rely on poal.me anymore.

All things considered, this is probably for the best. The voting process was skewed as much as any democratic process, and human nature means the games which got out to an early lead were more likely to succeed. It was also biased against obscure games like The 3rd Birthday, because who the fuck owns a PSP or wants to figure out emulation for that shit.

Therefore, I will be rolling three (3) times to determine which games will be discussed.

In order, the games are:
1 - Golden Axe: The Revenge of Death Adder
2 - Super Mario Land 2: Six Golden Coins
3 - Kirby's Dream Land 3
4 - Frog Bog
5 - Hard Truck
6 - The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks
7 - Silent Hill 3
8 - Test Drive Offroad: Wide Open
9 - Clock Tower
0 - The 3rd Birthday

I will make three posts, each rolling for one game (not counting this post). The relevant digit will only be the ones column, since otherwise we would be guaranteed to get whatever digit is in the hundreds column if I only used one post and took the last three digits. It would be faster to use random.org to do this, but there isn't any way to prove I didn't rig the results, and I don't feel like recording my desktop. There is also a way to roll dice when you post, but I forget what exactly the formatting is for that and Holla Forums doesn't have that functionality in the reply interface. Mark, as usual, is a faggot.

Anyway, now I'm gonna roll.

Rolling for the first game.

Unrelated question: should I start using a tripcode as suggested?

The first game is Golden Axe: The Revenge of Death Adder.

Rolling for the second game.

The second game is Super Mario Land 2: Six Golden Coins.

Rolling for the third game.

We have our list!

In terms of actually playing the games, you can either choose to emulate them or fire up your Game Boy/Sega Genesis/Silent Hill HD Collection/whatever. These games don't have any major differences between versions, as far as I'm aware, so just pick the game you want and get to playing.

Now that the voting is over, discussion can begin. I may also see if I can dig up some reviews/articles from the game's releases, but no guarantees.

Real talk: is this a good way to determine the finalists? The poal did seem open to abuse, but I don't want people to feel as though the rug was pulled out from under their games.

Fuck you I'm still going to play Frog Bog

fucking beautiful

Have I been rused? I don't want to believe that anyone would actually proxyfag over something so trivial, but there were three times as many votes as UIDs in this thread.

I mean, if I fucked up, then I fucked up and I have no trouble eschewing my rolls in favour of the poal, but I want to do whatever will encourage the most people to participate and discuss video games without unnecessarily opening the thread up to griefing.

Fuck, I should have just waited until people got home from work, shouldn't I have? I only work part-time so I didn't realize the thread would be so slow on Monday.

This is perfect. Almost perfect as a perfect bate for frog voters. I am not even mad that obese gum didn't got in.

So it's a videogame book club.

I can't believe I ever thought it was anything but a ruse.

That's the gist of it.

I'm cool with this

Same as tradition dictates

Trips decides

Wew

I'm still going to talk about Kirby. Fuck Frog Bog though.

Some mobile games that made millions have simpler gameplay than that.

Why not just omit Frog Bog from the poll? I really wanted to play Kirby with Holla Forums god damn it.

I wanted a system that was 100% foolproof. With random selection, we won't have to constantly be vigilant against memers, griefers, rusemen, trolls, tomfools, scoundrels and hooligans.

I will gladly play Kirby 3 and talk with you about it.

I'm looking for old archived vidya magazines through here: retromags.com/
It requires an account to download them so I'm going to make one and reupload them through mega or mediafire.
If anyone knows of any other websites archiving game magazines I'd be happy to listen

I decided I will just post the relevant pages, but I can reupload the entire magazine somewhere if I'm requested. First I'll be dumping the Mario Land 2 preview from the November 1992 Nintendo Power

This page from the same issue also has some of the editor's commentary about the game, as well as some other GameBoy games

After some searching I found GamePro's review of Super Mario Land 2, which was in their February 1993 issue (the game itself came out in November 1992, clearly developer/press relationships were not what they are now.)

And the one issue of Electronic Games that had Super Mario Land coverage is missing, unlike all the others.
I'm going to take a break for now, but if there's interest I'll upload shit I can find for the other games

THEY'RE CALLED BOOS YOU FUCK

Thanks for doing all this. This game was a little before my time, so it's really neat to go back and look at what the coverage was like. It's refreshing to see a plain take on the stuff actually in the game, even if it is trying too hard to be quirky.

Thanks, I really do appreciate it.

Before I go here's the archive pages of ign's review of Silent Hill 3 from August 2003:
Page 1: archive.is/Y9jk8
Page 2: archive.is/59dlD
Page 3: archive.is/JDRYm
Page 4: archive.is/2Ivfc

I actually have this game on the PS2. Its pretty gr8

Apparently Kirby's Dream Land 3 used something called "psuedo-high resolution" for it's graphics that blends dithered sprites. It also used the SA-1 chip used in Kirby Super Star.

It also had "guest characters" from various Famicom Disk System games, like Yuyuki, Shin Onigashima, and Metroid.

I can't find anything from any magazines sadly.

OP needs to go full Fuhrer and just name 10 games he likes and put them in a poal, otherwise you're just herding cats.

I got you covered nigga
Here is the Dream land 3 coverage from Nintendo Power November 1997

And the rest

Give me some more time and I can probably find Nintendo Power's preview info on it

Ahead of its time

Fallout 4

Well, couldn't find the Nintendo Power preview, nor the Game Pro review like I wanted. So sorry about that.

This may not be an entirely terrible idea, this way we can avoid meme games such as
or undertale getting mixed into the ten.
I do also think we should stick to the poll, you'd be surprised by the amount of people that lurk threads.

one thing I think needs clearing up: the matter of renominations. Obviously, any of the 3 games that 'win' should be blocked from being renominated, but what about failed nominees? If we're going by the get dubs with 1 reroll system, I don't see much of a problem.

On a related note, lets say someone tries and fails to roll dubs for their game. Should other anons be allowed to cast their rolls for that game as well?

Didn't you try this before and the thread was dead and gone the day after?

Think that goes against the point of the thread really.

Imagine a thread of rerolls for this
or even a good game.

It'd be less about choosing games and just a thinly veiled dubs thread.

Sweet baby jesus, look at that beauty! Why did I have to born in this 3rd world shithole, starving like a motherfucker?

That's how I feel about it, too. I think two rolls per game is a good number, because it strikes a balance between being sufficiently random and giving people more than a single opportunity to contribute to the thread.

I appreciate your enthusiasm, but please see .

Those games sound fine anyway. Can we get a download link?

I would think the ROMs for SML2 and Golden Axe are pretty easily available. I don't know anything about PS2 emulation, so I couldn't point you in the right direction for that.

HOW TO PLAY GOLDEN AXE THE REVENGE OF DEATH ADDER
Link to the game: emuparadise.me/M.A.M.E._-_Multiple_Arcade_Machine_Emulator_ROMs/Golden_Axe:_The_Revenge_of_Death_Adder_(World)/13031-download
Link to the USA version: emuparadise.me/M.A.M.E._-_Multiple_Arcade_Machine_Emulator_ROMs/Golden_Axe:_The_Revenge_of_Death_Adder_(US)/13030
Link to the Japanese version: emuparadise.me/M.A.M.E._-_Multiple_Arcade_Machine_Emulator_ROMs/Golden_Axe:_The_Revenge_of_Death_Adder_(Japan)/13029
Link to MAME: mamedev.org/release.php
1. Go to emuparadise.me
2. Download the base game, and the region patch (i.e. you want (world) then USA or JAP)
3. Download MAME for your operating system
4. Run the installer, it will run a self extracting executable
5. When the extracting finishes, take both the ROMs and throw them into the ROM folder
6. Run the emulator
7. On the left hand pane, you'll notice a directory with a number of different options. Simply search for Golden Axe by name
8. When you've found it, you can highlight it in the list and double click for more options
9. You can configure the graphics options, the input options, and you can add it to your favorites so you won't have to search through the whole list any time you play. I recommend turning on V-sync and changing the aspect ratio
10. Make sure you configure your controller. This emulator does recognize Xbox 360 controllers, though you can use your keyboard as well. Make sure you assign a button to insert "coins" or else you won't be able to play
11. Don't be a faggot and give up the moment you get your ass handed to you

I love that game.

I'm sure last time I played it I used a version that made you play the skipped stages. If we choose the forest path and skipped the caves, we still had to play the caves before raiding Death Adder's base. Same goes for stage 4's ocean & desert travel.

yeah this version I linked to will make you play the stages you skipped before you go on to the final boss.

Also, I forget to mention you can press the tilde key for various audio and video options once you're in game, and the tab key to adjust the advanced options like input and video options

Holla Forums hating video games, big surprise

I nominate
FO3/NV/F04

also
ES3,ES4,ES5

Can I nominate six games?

silent hill a shit and i already played through super mario land, time for some golden axe

people who haven't already played those games and bought all the merchandise and dlc packs don't belong on Holla Forums

Todd please. You weren't even involved that much in Morrowind. Please Todd.

Anyone start playing the games yet? I have to admit I've been a bad OP and I've only been playing Kirby's Dream Land 3 so far. Once I finish it I'll move on to Super Mario Land 2.

Things I've noticed about KDL3:

I'm glad this thread took off for the experience of playing through this alone. It's a shame games nowadays HAVE to have stories, since the nonexistent story in KDL3 plays to its strengths.

so now i gotta play Golden Axe or some shit?

It's a book club for video games. Play what you want from the list in .

Also, should there be a new thread now that the selection is over? I think it would help to generate more discussion since people would see "play and discuss" on the catalogue instead of "vote for games."

I will be gone over the weekend.

If you guys need to make a new thread, then feel free to do so. I'll be back on Monday, so be good to each other in the meantime.

Happy playing! This thread has a lot of promise and I'm looking forward to playing and talking about video games with you all.