Fantastical gun designs

Postan shit from real life and fantasy alike - keep it tasteful

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/raw/UWffBQbn:
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I fucking knew it. Shoulda done an inb4

Abomination is best because it's actually functional, if stupidly impracticable when not hunting monsters.

I'l just leave this here

While some were fucking horrendous looking, some of the guns in Cucklands 2 looked pretty nice.

someone explain why in the hell you would ever want to do that, what about a revolver can't be done with a pistol?

Surely some of the devs on borderlands, a game about having A GORILLION GUNS, would have looked up how guns work. I think they made some of these abominations to troll /k/

I'd say it predates self loading pistols going by photo quality.

Coke Bottle Arrow Gatling Gun.

Mandatory

What manga is it from?

Engineer Landstad's "Automatic revolver" from 1900, displayed at the main arsenal. Only a few shots were fired during tests, and the revolver it must be said, was a complete failure. The "automatic revolver" was however the first Norwegian construction made with a semi-automatic service pistol in mind. The revolver is now in England.
Is what it says.

Jeps, det står der.

Amerikanere gidder veldig sjeldent å bruke oversettelses program, veit du.

I'd love to see Treeby's chaingun in a game.

I'd buy it.

Explain to me how this is retarded like I was completely clueless about guns please.
Because I am

Anons, geeze, spoiler that shit, that's too lewd.

Definitely some inspiration for Fallout: New Vegas and Fallout 4.

The combat shotgun from Fallout 4 cannot ignite bullets. Look where the drum is connected to the gun. They are actually loading into the end of the barrel.

The Borderlands 2 gun is outright teleporting bullets from the receiver to the barrel, because there is actually no way for the bullet to travel through the gun.

Gunblades give me the erections

How about this?

I said, "keep it *tasteful*"!

Brynhildr's gunpick from FF13 is pretty nice

Resonance of Fate/End of Eternity.
Endgame setups.
Enough said.

I see, and even a fictionnal technology from the game couldn't explain it ?
Like a system inside the machine gun to push the bullet, I don't know, it's a sci-fi videogame.

well it looks neat, could be cool in a sci fi setting
that looks fucking awesome

could this thing work if the drum shifted to the end and fed into a tube with a pump?

That one is from Fallout 3, and they made a more sensible design in the sequel as far as I know

Not that it saved the game from being hot garbage

That picture is bizzarre and i hate you.

If you're talking about the Borderlands rifle, The purpose of igniting a bullet is to give it necessary velocity to travel straight and deal damage. Anything that happens to the bullet after firing (i.e. transferring the fired bullet into one of the multiple barrels) would remove all of the velocity.

A curved tube would not work, because the curve would have spaces around the edge that would let all of the pressure from igniting the bullet escape, causing the bullet to just trickle out of the barrel. If there was some sort of fictional material that contracted to hug the bullet but malleable enough to grip it so that no pressure could escape, it would just hug the bullet to death, either trapping it inside the gun, or causing it to gently slide out of the barrel. It just wouldn't work.

If the bullet was fired, pushed forward into some mechanism that would rapidly shift the bullet downward, it still wouldn't work. This would destroy the velocity of the bullet immediately. That's considering that this mechanism would lower the bullet fast enough so that the bullet didn't just strike the front of the gun, and pretending that the bullet even moved into the chamber to be lowered down to the barrels - igniting gunpowder in a tube makes a projectile, but igniting gunpowder while completely enclosed makes a bomb.

Beyond all of that, there isn't even a reason for the gun to be designed like it is. It doesn't look cool or threatening, nor does it function. There is no benefit whatsoever to pushing or pulling a bullet around the interior of a gun after it has been ignited.

Also, when using the scope, the shooter would have to aim so high that their target would rarely even be visible. It's even worse if you consider that real bullets have bullet drop.

The shoulder brace is also pure cancer. It looks like it was designed to grip onto a sphere. Considering how fast and how hard that gun should be firing, that would actually just be a fucking pain to fire, and would also interfere with moving it while firing from the hip. If the legs on the brace is supposed to be flexible, it'd actually serve no purpose at all, because holding the gun to your shoulder and firing wouldn't actually stabilize the gun at all.

There's more to be said about the gun, but I hope that's enough to get the point across.

It'll rip your shoulder off, but it'll kill the shit out of something.

Yeah, that was great, thanks.
I got to read up on guns, I love the blade-guns and all those themed era weapons but I'm a fucking stupid shit.

This will also kill the shit out of something.

How far can those things actually fire anyway? How is it can fire far enough away to not nuke the operator as well?

I'm surprised there actually isnt a magazine style handheld loading system for revolver users. At first I thought that you fired the gun and then flicked rounds out of the magazine into the cylinder when you ran out with your other hand.

Is that one of them new fangled long guns I keep hearing about in the news? How in the flying fuck does one smuggle that thing over the border or through airport security?

Well, there are speedloaders

Women have more hiding places than men.

What if it's meant to be held sideways?

But not a speedloader designed like a curved magazine for holding a larger quantity. I could see sport shooters using something like that

They were designed to be used against Soviet aggression in the mountains of eastern Europe. The idea would be to lob the fucker over a ridge into a valley of advancing troops then chug iodine.

TL:DR No.

Wtf.

How many do you need to hide such a monstrosity?

Just your mom

I'm not 100% sure how this was supposed to work, but I found it in Venice.

They they actually could. It fired a 10 and 20 (explosive) ton warhead and was mostly used as a neutron bomb style battle field denial device.
Now the poor bastard on nuclear mine duty was fucked. Those things had a 1 minute to 39 second delay fuse.

Obligatory.

To be fair, in a setting with the ridiculous technology of Borderlands, it's not unreasonable for that to seriously be happening by design. I mean, there's an entire brand of guns built to self-destruct when emptied and teleport a loaded duplicate into the user's hands. And an automatic pistol that literally has infinite bullets. And a gun that shoots bullets in the pattern of a bird, including animated wing flapping as they travel. Given that, teleporting bullets as part of a gun's firing process is well within established reason. Or lack thereof.

Video games?

Too bad they probably never thought about ebin future technology when creating those monstrosities but just "lel this should be wacky enough :^)"

Fuck off

This place is turning into Holla Forums
You fuck off.

The reason it exists is you can be changing your mag while still having a full cylinder, the reason it isn't better known is it was much more expensive to produce than traditional revolvers.

No, you fuck off. Go be a rulefag somewhere else.

Kill yourself.

The following is a random keyword the nsa monitors via pastebin.com/raw/UWffBQbn: subsonic rounds

at least 20 people in the NSA are watching tumblr at all times

I can't tell if this is intentionally Loss or if I've just been here too long.

Reminds me of "The Gonne" in Men at Arms.

It didn't fire far enough away, They joked they gave you a shovel with it to dig your own grave.

I see your four barrels all in different directions and raise you 8.

This fucking site

who needs a gun when i can just deflect all the bullets with my katana

bump