Implying this wasn't the best DLC

Other urls found in this thread:

nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/58431/?
nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/37871/?
nexusmods.com/newvegas/download/106336/?
wiki.step-project.com/User:EssArrBee/FalloutNewVegas
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Actually, I've always said it's the best one.

Where's the woman?

I don't even think that I've ever seen anyone imply that it isn't the best.

nigger you got PUNK'D

It has the best writing, the best looking areas and the best character in the game. I could care less if it was linear.

I like Honest Hearts more just for the survivalists journals and the scenery, but OWB 2nd best for sure.

I like OWB but my favourite is probably Dead Money.

That shit was painfully boring. It sounded good on paper, but it was just a slog to get through
That being said, OWB is definitely the most entertaining expansion.

All you're proving is how casual you are.

FUCK OFF WITH YOUR UNDERTALE AUTISM

Dead Money, OWB, Honest Hearts, Lonesome Road in that order.

I liked all the DLC

Holy shit

Find the desert ranger armor and you'll be safe.

The dialogue in this just gets a little too "so wacky and randum! XD" for me. The visuals are superb, though. Love sitting in the top of the tower and look out over the landscape.

Dead Money was best DLC, but Old World Blues was pretty fucking gooood.

I liked all of them except honest hearts, FUCK honest hearts, fuck the aimbot ai holding powerful "inaccurate" guns. Just fuck everything about that dlc.

Dead Money is best for anyone who plays NV for "muh immersive survival" me

OWB is the most entertaining in terms of novelty and neat characters/setting

Lonesome Road is the most well written

HH was solid but not really the best at anything.

I like to think of this DLC as just 2 hours of Kazuhira Miller being one of your allies, the comedy relief and the villain all at once.

Also, on my last play through, I had no problems with Honest Hearts, Dead Money and Lonesome Road, but for some reason, OWD kicks my ass every time, even at max level, It's like the Sierra army base from Fallout 2.

Here's someone who went to Zion a bit too soon and got his underleveled ass kicked.

The school girl stealth armor that had a crush on you was cute.

and this is why we don't listen to weaboos and waifufags opinions

How do ghost people rape lore?

From an general entertainment perspective, OWB was the best DLC

Lonesome Road had better story though.

Enjoy your no stimpacks and medx addiction you weeaboo faggot.

Kill yourself.

Woah woah woah

What was this? Link?

Kill yourself first.

I want to train this suit to stroke my dick on the go.

Only fucking kids bought into the DLC bullshit when it became a thing, and now you idiots have grown up and think it's the correct thing to do. Can't you see it's a fucking scam?

I like every other DLC over OWB. I do like having the Sink as a home, however.

Shit like horse armor is cancer but you can fuck right off with your "All DLC is bad" horseshit.

just don't

I like OWB the most just because of one quote.
It just applies to so much in life. One of the few things I was able to take away from the whole F:NV experience.

DLC isn't inherently bad, it's bad when it's abused to lock content out of the game that should have been there in the first place. The FNV DLCs are all digitally distributed expansion packs that add shit to the game that wasn't required to be there in the first place. The game didn't launch with DLC, the DLC isn't any cosmetic microtransaction bullshit, and most importantly it's just good content.

I think you need to spend a bit of time off Holla Forums

its only great if its free.

That content could either be in the game or be put into another complete game. DLC is an excuse to sell you shorter games with less content, with the full knowledge that you will pay for more.

DLC is also volatile when compared to games of old. In fact, all digital distribution is a scam. You are guaranteed to lose access to this content in the future.

The DLC is full of good meaningful quotes.

I forgot about that, I think I'd consider adding that to everyday vocabulary since it certainly doesn't require any knowledge of the game to make sense and provides a phrase for a state of mind that doesn't really have an equivalent synonym. Closest I can think of would be the use of "nostalgia goggles" or "rose tinted glasses" but those certainly aren't use the same.

FNV had a lot of cut content but none of the stuff in the DLC was originally planned. What is so different about making a game for $60 with the same content FNV has and adding $30 worth of DLC versus making a game for $60 and then making another game for $30 that is just the same content planned for the DLC? It's the same amount of money for the same amount of content. I'll absolutely agree that there are plenty of companies that use DLC the way you are describing, but it was not the case with FNV. Did you actually play the game? Vanilla FNV has far more fleshed out content than the vast majority of games.

also
What about anything DRM free? Besides if a company for some retarded reason were to revoke singleplayer DLC for a game everyone would just pirate it. DLC for FNV is literally just .esm files you install like a mod, you don't have to sign into your EA account to verify your DLC purchase every time you play the game.

>people ITT whining about the excellent Fallout: New Vegas DLC considering the shit Obsidian went through to get their game published in the first place
Why bother?

user are you drunk?

Yes, we know.
FNV's DLC, as far as DLC goes, is pretty good. I don't give a shit because I spent $5 on the GOTY edition like any sane man should.

And what shit was that?

This man alone, is a great library of memorable quotes.

Beth rushed them to get it out in under 27 months.

I always thought the Asian one was the woman.

Try Honest Hearts Reborn, its the realization of the "on paper" honest hearts

Nope. Just a very strange man.

I'm interested in some combat overhauls if anyone has a link to some good ones. I'm more interested in the look and feel rather than say damage tweaking though.

doctors are gay

Combat Enhancer
nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/58431/?
XFO AI overhaul
nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/37871/?
PMT - Responsive Kill Reactions
nexusmods.com/newvegas/download/106336/?

Combined these will make the AI react when you stealth kill their allies (in vanilla they just stand there like nothing), make them take cover, make them find new weapons easier and engage you from much longer distances.

Wait, is that what Dead Money was based on or something? I never bothered with the DLC.

I think that was one of the few times a game actually wowed me. And I only did my first New Vegas playthrough last year.

FUCK
OFF

no, THIS is the best DLC

Pretty shit taste

correct

Even 3 had better DLCs

OP meant "is this the best DLC for New Vegas"

Point Lookout was the last F3 DLC I played, and I was blown away by how fucking dull it was. I didn't think it could sink as low as all the criticism suggests, but it does.

Fucking weird. BBC Radio 4 is playing in the other room. It's some program about food or something, but I just realised that they've had the Fallout theme playing quietly in the background for several minutes. Fallout 3, I think.

That whole DLC was so pointless – the story with the brain and the ghoul was interesting, though.

You best be jesting.
Place these four words in any sentence and you'll achieve the same level of writing.

Top cuck.

This. I think americans dont like ulysses because
A. They are dumb and they can't understand long sentences full of big words
B. Bad voice actor.

You had one job user.

Oh god don't remind me. The Broken Steel versions had absolutely fucked up speed. Was it a glitch or actually intended?

These were pretty much the only good pieces of loot in that entire add-on – and they aren't even that unique.

Remember kids, learn to read.

Unfortunately, OWB has very little replayability. The jokes just get annoying on subsequent playthroughs and it becomes pretty obvious that almost every quest is a fetch quest. Not to mention the fucked up spawn rates of enemies so you get swarmed by dozens of Y-17 harnesses, nightstalkers, and lobotomites every few feet. Shit on Lonesome Road all you want for being a linear shooter with bullet sponge enemies, but at least the game gave you a reason to play it again in future files to hear Ulysses ramble on about how shit a different faction is in 2deep4u metaphors

No, my favorite has to be Dead Money. Not only does it force you to git gud, it stays difficult and dangerous even on future playthroughs. The atmosphere is perfect and the world building is the best out of all the DLC. And as you learn to git gud, you can find all the hidden DEEPEST LORE throughout the Villa in future files. Not to mention the top notch writing for Dean Domino

woops, forgot to turn off my flag. That was a serious post, really

Dead Money
Old World Blues
Honest Hearts
Lonesome Road
I never understood why everyone gets booty blasted that one of the DLCs is largely linear. DLCs are allowed to break the formula.

Best atmosphere = Dead Money

Best character = Honest Hearts, Joshua Graham

Best weapons = Lonesome Road

Best exploration = Old World Blues (Honest Hearts was decent but didn't have enough civilization for decent exploration, and Dead Money killed you if you explored some areas)

I just realized something:

you are literally retarded

fucking lmao, you're terrifically slow

Nigger they say it in the fucking game.

I sure hoped you prayed to God today user
Best DLC character

>No Vacancy

I agree with you, though I don't think OWB has little replayability – you can of course just choose to kill everyone once you get your brain back, and there are multiple ways of dealing with the Think Tank and Mobius. The fetchquests are there because SCIENCE and TECHNOLOGY, which is what the DLC is about; a big shiny candystore full of robots and zombies who want to kill you.

What? The Blade of the West was the perfect weapon for a Lanius 2.0-style build, but everything else was either over-cumbersome nonsense like the fucking shoulder-mounted minigun, or miscellaneous stuff like nailguns and pocket knives which you'll only use once. Even the deathclaw gauntlet is weak compared to most of the base-game unnarmed weapons.

The best DLC weapons, the Blade of the West aside, are clearly pics related.

Did you ever take a bullet to the head IRL, user?

I had to look up the game. Fallout. glad you found your favorite flavor of urinal, nice job.

You're a special kind of retarded.

Like clockwork

Yeah, I mean it's explained that they were basically just the Harness Suits from Big Empty retrofitted to be hazmat suits.

Moar

YOU'RE A BIG MOUNT

What is the best current mod guide for New Vegas, or failing that, what is the fastest way to be less incompetent at handling mods? I need to experience hand penises again.

gopher's mod clinic and tutorials

This 1000x
Based Jack.

If you run the mod "Robco Certified" OWB is literally THE BEST DLC

I've been playing as a disgruntled scientist named Phil who builds junk bots and travels the wastelands with a safebot and a protectron named Kreiger 8.0 (Krieger has died a total of 8 times so far)

OWB is filled to the brim with the parts needed to build more bots and the securitrons can be repaired provided you have the right perk

Sure, it's short and hamfisted at points, but it's certainly more fun to explore than the Sierra Madre or The Divide. Far as I can tell, most people who hated it just went in to push through the story content and never bothered to wander.

OWB was better, if more bulletspongey, but HH is easily on par with DM. LR was for fags who honestly thought Operation Anchorage needed more deathclaws, and who's best feature is that you can leave at any time.

FOR YOU

CUCK
U
C
K

>Not enjoying all the DLCs Honest Hearts not included
Anons don't be meany pants

Honest Hearts had the best map.

I always end up playing through Dead Money just because of the Holo Rifle
This is the only reason I consider Dead Money good
I think that weapon is just that GOOD

OWB was slightly amusing at times, but overall it wasn't that great.
Most of it is shitty fetch quests and going through the same fucking school several times.
How anyone could think this is the best is completely beyond me.

Only casuals who completely rely on the items they'd been hoarding don't like Dead Money. It's easily the best.

user for the love of god look up the new vegas Fear and Lothing guide by the STEP people. It is the best way to mod your shit AND keep it stable

wrong one,

Fucking industrial fist was good enough to make up for all of that, most OP unarmed weapon in game

The place you are robbing in Dead Money is called "Sierra Madre".

It is a reference to the 1948 movie "The treasure of the Sierra madre"

He must have confused the names

The police pistol is nice too. Just a shame the automatic rifle uses .308s and has such shit spread.