No SNES version

Yes, because purchasing a box with 30 SNES games would make all the difference and definitely not be as dumb as purchasing a NES box when you can emulate both systems entire libraries, non-region locked, at maximum performance even on a toaster installed inside your dick powered by a fucking potato.
But no, it's much better to fucking pay nintendo for this stupid shit, and it's the NES part that's the problem, not the entire idea to begin with, you're completely right.

The plus size is that it is small and portable. I don't want to lug my computer to a friends house.

No fuck off retard.

Get a fucking psp and mod it you shit for brains.
Put it on a laptop.
Fucking hell, put it on a tablet and attach controllers to it, it's easy as shit to do, you don't need some shitty ass region locked N branded plastic gimmick entirely designed to jew your stupid ass.

Maybe if I can find a decent 1 with a controller for 60$

Just get an micro USB to HDMI cable and a bluetooth controller for your phone sperg

Changing those goalposts tho

Nope. I want a cheap portable way to play videogames.

To bring to a friends house so multiplayer of course.

Do what this user says

Or, you could get a TV stick, which is no bigger than your thumb, and be able to play ps1 games as well.

Either way, you are a shit for brains.

What you really want to say is, you don't care about any other, cheaper ways to play NES and SNES games on your TV, you want the brand.

If you find me a cheaper way to do it then go ahead.
Most tablets cost more if you count the controller price.

God you are autistic

Yes when for a few extra bucks you can get something better and more reliable. A $70-100 smartphone can emulate everything fine up to PSX

Probably the most cynical product to come out in some time.

Sadly, normalfags will buy many of these things and justify Nintendo making ones for the SNES and GB/C/A. Only good thing coming out of this is the reproduction NES controller that has been said to be compatible with the Wii/Wii U, so I an use it on my modded Wii.

What emulator does this shit use

If the games run properly I will get one to play with my friends, it comes with pretty much every game I care about.

it will also look pretty nice on my shelf.
idk what you guys are so mad about

Nigger, just like make a thumb drive with an emulator collection onnit and put it in the microwave.

This thing is aimed at normalfags who have no idea how to emulate. We are just supposed to ignore it so the good goyim can waste their money while we actually get to play the games that haven't been re-released 60 times before.

You're doing okay at pretending to be retarded. Put in the effort and you could aspire to be a writer for polygon.

Cheap at all cost can come out to be more expensive and poor value for the dollar though. Will the control be any good, even if it is, and some of the titles are ok I did enjoy bubble bobbles and some of the castlevania on the original hardware NES, it's still an NES. Personally I'm also in the camp that'd rather see an SNES instead.
As for controllers, you at least have more selection with USB controllers if you go with an emu box.

That's likely the thing people want to check out. Will it control the same as the original. If it passes the "I can't believe it's not original hardware! I can't tell any difference playing it" then I can see some appeal to it.

You really need to leave, microTodd.

Do it yourself, faggot.

Sort of the wrong board to make this statement considering everyone on Holla Forums basically only plays old as fuck games.

I feel Nintendo really dropped the ball on this.

No, you see, goy, they did exactly right thing: they used well-established and exceedingly cheap hardware for handheld emulators that cost like $10, put it in a plastic case, bundle a bunch of NES ROMs and sell it for $60 bucks. And the goyim still bought it, despite the fact that it doesn't even emulates the games properly, let alone supports the real NES games.

There, a better and cheaper alternative. (And no, the phone doesn't count as an expense because everyone and their dog already owns one anyway. Unless you are stupid enough to own an Apple, because that shit doesn't run emulators - unless you jailbreak.)

Those controllers looks hella dope, too bad they aren't usb

I have a shitty motorola e 2 and it can emulate pretty much everything, well it struggles with psp emulation but ps1 is fine,it also runs doom + wads and a lot of other stuff

These are standard NES controllers, what are you talking about.

Jesus fuck this anger makes no sense.

yeah, I want a nice shelf nignog
I'm going to put the NES right next to these guys

You know what also plays NES games? AN ACTUAL FUCKING NES!

I think he meant since the connectors are different from the original NES he hoped they could have been usb so he could use them on his computer.

I spent 250$.
TurboG16
Atari
Nes
Snes
MegaDriver
Genesis
Dreamcast
N64
Ps1
Ps2
Gamecube
Wii
Gameboy
Nes DS
Most "Indie" Pc Games
Old Dos Games
Old Windows Games

The populace is Lemmings, fuck them.

You can just buy a USB NES controller, it costs $5.

As long as you put the cart in just right in the one position that the console will read it. Don't forget to blow on the PCB for luck

Fuck that gamepad. I had one and the dpad broke in 2 weeks. All android controllers are shit. Gonna root my shit up and use a ps3/ps4 pad instead.

Shit emulation doesn't count user.

A fucking NES and a flash cart is a fraction of that shit, and is inherently better.

Anyone who does this is a massive idiot.

Also

A normalfag friend said and I quote

It's not about playing games, but about showing everyone else you do.

The NES has a fuck hueg catalog, it's its main appeal. 30 games of which most are single player or/and from the early era is a retarded idea. If there was a way to play all the games I would understand the appeal, but there isn't. Hell you don't even get to play modern hacks like mario adventure.

THAT THING IS NOT. THE. REAL. FUCKING. NES BOX

Or just get a chinese "FAMILY GAME VIDEO HOME" ripoff

That's gay, user.

Nice meme you fucking jew, and sorry kike, emulation is now as good as original hardware. Sorry to ruin your 3,000000$ useless purchases/investments.

Have you even tried the Project64? or are you just spouting bullshit you heard from people who dont know how to computer?

Anywas, shill thread is shill.

fuck off sjw shitstain.

lel

I can tell you haven't tried it much. In fact I'm willing to bet you tried less than ten titles and called it good.

I tried the whole catalog that was worth playing.
But I do know the N64 has some weird fucking processing chip in it that takes 5% of the cpu? or something weird like that. I am not a fan of the N64 anyways, that controller is a beginning of the Nintendo Gimmick era.

Just don't go running around saying shit like
When this shit simply isn't true. A lot of emulators have a long way to go. It makes you look like an idiot. Just like saying
makes you look retarded.

His point stands though, it can be whatever board you want.

The N64 is the biggest joke of a console that has ever existed. Sorry dude. Besides the Xbox and N64, name emulation that is garbage? You are the fucking retarded, fuck off.

There, end of thread.

Stop moving the goalposts faggot, don't say stupid shit.

you are correct

>Oy vey an NES with a flash cart is too expensive, better buy a steam box (((Chrome box))) instead, goy.
here's your (you)

this is good, i want to play a lot of old games but i can't emulate since that's illegal.

if it's about playing the games a emulator is superior nigger

it doesn't use chromeos, it uses steamos, its like linux, more specfically debian linux because they couldn't be bothered paying for a trademarked phrase "powered by ubuntu" so they chose debian, but it's just debian that crashes when you kill steam, the steam boxes are actually really bad and overpriced, its better to just build your own

I have that controller. Or actually the v2 of that model (see the red details in the pic). I've read that the buttons are much better in the new version.

Anyway, I've used this thing for a whole year. And I mean I've used it heavily. The battery went bad at a point, so I improvised a replacement with some battery for drones. The most used face buttons (X and A) are juuust a little mushy. But otherwise it still works just fine. For the price, I can't complain much.

looks like something the Green Goblin would go surfing on

Yes, it's a bit weird and unwieldy, but you can put a friggin' ten inch tablet there. If that's not your intention, they have smaller models.

Retrofags fuck off

lol

Is it hard being poor?

Give me one good reason other than "b-but it workz better :'(" to buy all that shit.

I'm not going to, last thing retro gayming needs is another hipster who doesn't know or care about the shit they buy.

So I take it that it's very hard being poor then? First off, I already had most of my original hardware, so the Framemeister and the Everdrives were just to get the most out of what I already had from childhood. As for what makes it worth the money: Original controllers giving you the original feel of the game, 100% compatibility, easy to use couch multi-player, the general joy of being able to actually collect the original games when convenient, and finally there are still features that emulate weird (example: Gamecube to GBA link cable games). Also, it doesn't just "work better" it's 100% flawless, it simply doesn't get better than original hardware no matter how shitty you type in your little strawman of me.

Probably the same shit emulator for the Virtual Console

That would explain why there's two wiimote nunchuck ports where the real NES controller ports should be.

I don't care about this shit product, but if they do use that shit emulator this thing will be absolute garbage. That emulator is the most lackluster picture I've ever seen out of NES games, I'd almost prefer the original signal over composite to the blurry washed out crap that the Virtual Console uses for NES. It's SNES emulator isn't that shit, but the NES one is inexcusable.

You can buy replica game pads on amazon for literally anything, admittedly some are shit.
Who fucking cares, it's plastic shit with a bit of data on it
First of all, who ever used that gimmicky bullshit? secondly, I'm not saying all emulation is flawless, I don't give a shit, it's free, and most of the time the good games work.
Good job saying it works better in a different way.

So basically, what I gather from this, is that you are a consumerist faggot who's parents bought you all the fucking games consoles you wanted because they couldn't be arsed to raise you and when faced with someone like myself, that doesn't care so long as it works well enough, you simply respond with "lol u r poor".
Put a fucking bullet in your head, you are what's wrong with the world.

I'm sorry, I couldn't hear you over the sound of my original copy of Snatcher (which is worth roughly the price of a modern console) playing on my Sega CD model 1. Do continue being salty over your poverty however.

Thank you for proving my point.

Your point that you're poor and salty?

As i thought, another fucking hipster who's just going to poz up retro gaming even further.

DO WANT.

Hahahahahahahha, fuck, I am glad you faggots arent breeding.

The last time i tried to emulate SNES games on my PSP it ran like absolute ass. Are you talking about NES emulation or did i just grab the wrong emulator. If so, any pointers? I wanna be able to play SNES shit on the go.

He was arguing emulation over collectorfagging, not buying chinkshit to be a "retro gamer" you fucknut.

Isn't their SNES emulator still not able to play Super FX games?

The NES has been out for over 3 decades now and the emulation for it still hasn't even been perfected yet.
Also every NES rom found from common sources is modified, while at least hoarders can rip themselves original, untouched copies.

While this is all true the games that don't work right are Sachen-tier chinkshit.

Anything marked with (!) is a gooddump, it's not hard to download them or a GoodNES or No-Intro set unless you're legitimately autistic.

Yeah OP, they're going to release better games for the same price at the same time. That's a great strategy.

You probably want their next console to be named the Wii U 2.

Nope, GoodNES and No-Intro romsets only include NES roms with modified headers, since just about every NES emulator requires them since their respective developers are too lazy to create a database for all NES roms.
I believe No-Intro once released a set without them, however that one is old and is missing a bunch of newly found roms.

Here's an image of what I mean. The section on the left is an unmodified version and the one on the right is a modified version included in GoodNES as (!). As you can see the first line has differences.

Why did headers become a thing exactly? Filename fields exist for a reason.

He's probably just pretending to be retarded. :^)

"Not yet" you mean.

Seems like a waste of money, just use an emulator.

God damn it Nintendo.

it has megaman 2 nog

Alright I'm no expert but I'm pretty sure the ROM header is a hexadecimal address that can be used to verify the ROM's authenticity. In other words, you can tell by the header whether or not a ROM has been modified. This is useful for a number of reasons.

The people in this thread are probably the same fags that throw money at Capcom every time they rerelease Resident Evil 1.

Because checksums don't exist.

I'm gonna get it for my parents so they can play dr. mario again.

if dr mario is on it that is.

and his argument was basically "i'm a casual who doesn't give a shit, kill yourself nerd."

I think R.O.B. and GB would love it.

APEX KEK
Next thing you're going to say is that it also emulates OG Xbox right?

I'm really surprised that Sega never capitalized on the "new hardware" rumors that are always flying around to put one of these things out themselves. So far, I think they've only licensed their name and games to similar devices from third party manufacturers.

Storage is so small and cheap now, that it's not just Master System & Genesis/32x system reproductions they could make, but SegaCD/Saturn and maybe even Dreamcast models. Basically every console Sega has ever put out could be made into one of these multi-built-in-game mini/retro consoles for those nostalgia bucks - and even include internal storage for the download of third party title bundles sold through a unified online storefront.

I hate to be that guy, but Sega could do this too - and do it much better, especially since them being out of the hardware market means they don't have their own official games platform to sell their classics on, unlike Nintendo. If you want to play Balloon Fight, and you're not particularly intelligent, you could buy it for the Wii, or Wii U, or 3DS, or you could get this machine in OP. Whereas with Sega games, if you wanted to play After Burner II on more modern piece of official Sega hardware, you'd have to buy one of these devices… and with them being out of the industry for so long, it's left the market more thirsty for a Sega console than it is for another piece of Nintendo plastic.

That might explain (((Bernie Stolar))) or why the Jap branch was doing everything it could to sabotage the SoA goys

If you want portable then just put the emulator and roms on a flash drive, since everybody has a computer that can run it, even your grandma.

What's to stop me from popping the mini-nes open, gutting it, replacing the insides with a raspberry pi equivalent, sealing that bitch shut, and uh..having all the NES games instead of just 30?

You have no fucking clue what you're talking about from any technical standpoint.