Wii Modding & NGC

Before anons start shitting on this thread because
The Wii actually had many good games (despite being the weakest of the era) behind all the shovelware. This thread is for NGC, Wii, Dolphin emulation as well as modding discussion. I've modded several Wii's and they're pretty efficient emulation boxes. They're great because
A modded Wii essentially becomes a Nintendo Box, doing anything Nintendo barring the Wii U, 3DS, DS and some pesky N64 games. It can also do anything SEGA barring the Dreamcast and Saturn.

You can purchase a Wii for about $20 on Jewbay. These normally don't have a functioning disc-drive, however, the disc drive isn't necessary for the modding process and once modded you'll be playing from a USB/SD.

No. You'll need an SD card and internet access. Hopefuly, basic reading skills aswell. This guide right here is excellent, its to the point and easy to understand: sites.google.com/site/completesg/hacking-guide/the-basics
The modding itself shouldn't take more than 10 minutes.

Anything you set your mind to. Want to play from USB? Install the cIOSes to do so. Want emulators? Download WADs, channels and forwarders. The Wii memory sucks dick? Learn how to use emuNAND.

Chart games here: pastebin.com/hicNfpCV
Virtual Channel games & injects here: mega.co.nz/#F!WRcEybiS!XkS89zjkXlgscw9AJjXwrQ

Dolphin is an excellent alternative. Everything from higher resolution, custom controller mapping, imported textures etc etc. Sadly, Dolphin doesn't have 100% compatibility and not everyone has access to a good rig. Likewise, some prefer the comfiness of a console or don't want to deal with emulators. I personally use a mixture of both.

Have you modded your Wii yet? Do you happen to have one gathering dust somewhere in your basement? Post about lesser known games that deserve some mention or troubleshoot your problems here.

A few games that should definitely be added to the chart.

Surprisingly comfy Fishing simulator. Sit back and relax while you catch everything in the sea.

Does this really need explaining?

Good variety of games. Always fun for something more arcadey.

Jap only. As most games in the Clash of Ninja series, surprisingly good fighters. Allows up to four players to duke it out, has pretty much a gorillion characters from the series. Not even a fan of the manga but its a good game.

Here's the gamecube chart. This definitely is missing a couple entries here and there

Games that should be on this chart, or that one should at least try out

Me and my brother had so much fun playing Grand Battle years back. Talk about a blast form the past. As nostalgic as I am for that game though, I don't think it was actually that good of a game. Me and my bro are huge OP fans and there's fanservice out the wazoo, which is great, but I don't know if it's chart quality. Let me know if I'm misremembering though, I'd love to be proven wrong.

I mean its not as good as the N64 or SNES but its decent. The multiplayer is fun as hell too. The story mode was nonsensical though.

I don't really care much about One Piece though I love the game because it plays a lot like Powerstone. Those games are always fun to play with friends, not much fun when you're playing alone though…

bomp

Bump

>no dump of guitar hero 3

YO!
So, one a totally different note, can the Dolphin emulator play Wii games as well?

Anons, I have a question. There's a place that's selling F-Zero GX for $40 Canadian with tax? Buy or wait for a cheaper deal?

Also, holy shit, Wii games on eBay are ridiculously expensive. No wonder people emulate.

only pay for the 64dd extension and expansion pack for F zero X

Why are you even looking at the background user? I just load it from USB loader. Also, you can probably find that game in Darkumbra.

Yes….

Really? I thought most Wii games were dirt cheap except for a few token titles

Anyone here actually owns one of these?

Isn't that Summoner 2 on the PS2? Is the gamecube version superior in some way?

If its a multiplat the NGC tends to do better than the PS2 but worse than the Xbox

bump

Been meaning to get around to updating both of those. Do need to do some looking into how close the width-to-height ratios for Japanese GC covers. I know they don't use the same size (I've seen import GC games at a local store, and the boxes for them are a good bit smaller than the US/PAL cases), but I'd like to know if I'm boing to need an entirely different size of tab for JP games due to ratio differences.

Can post in a few what I've got as possible additions, maybe someone can confirm whether or not they're worth putting up.

Dolphin plays both Gamecube and Wii since the systems are so similar.

Most shouldn't be.

Sounds good, yeah the NGC chart could use an update and the Wii one an official version not an WIP

The main thing with the Wii one is just that Wii discussion has been really infrequent since I'd started. With the Gamecube, there used to at least be semi frequent threads on the system and it's library (that initial chart was from last August and was the first one I made). These days it seems to mostly be the Xbox, Dreamcast, and PSP that see somewhat frequent threads.

Is there a definitive Mario Party for the Gamecube? I don't mind putting them all down on there, but I know some people might complain about how much space they eat up (part of why with the Resident Evil games on there, I've stuck to REmake, Resident Evil 0, and Resident Evil 4 being on there, as those at least debuted on the GC; otherwise there could be six games just from that series alone), and depending on how people feel, I might opt to go that route and just mention that the others are still worth a go in the notes section.

Well I personally think 5 is the best but I've heard a lot of anons claim 6 is the best one of the NGC era.

Well, for the time being I might stick with MP6 then, and go from there.

Anyhow, potential additions for each (got sidetracked playing something earlier) based off of games anons have said were missing before.
GC

Wii

Been considering making a Wii Ware section as well, though I have to look more into whether they have actual game case style covers or not; might just go with splash screens for them instead as the image rep.

Looking good, might want to check out some of the titles in this thread though. The Donkey Konga series is excellent

hi everyone xbox user here

try Zangeki no Reginleiv

5 and 6 are pretty damn close I say with 7 and 4 close but only because of how great the DS and PSP are

Actually managed to find a version with the translated menu. This game plays like ass and looks like ass too. Runs at a silky smooth 15 fps as well, if you even can notice from all the fucking frame drops.

Wut?

Anyone have a list like that for GB/GBC/GBA?

Sure thing, no GBC or GB, I hear thats in the works though

Anybody got a good Wii U vWii modding guide?

I'd say 7 is the best Gamecube Mario Party, but that's probably because that's the one I have the most memories with.

The link in the OP also has a vWii section. Essentially its a game exploit, you can use these games:
Surprising amount of LEGO exploits…

The microphone was gimmicky and the boards were mediocre

For WiiWare games, add Mega Man 9 & 10.

Uh, are we seeing the same OP?

Click on the guide link. Then go to the link that says wii u

I'd initially had those in the running for the list, but some people complained about them even being considered for addition. I'll keep an eye out for if more people want them up there though.