I'm sure we all agree that we need more fun in video games

I'm sure we all agree that we need more fun in video games.

How exactly do we go about doing this?

Pic unrelated.

Make fun videogames

the Anton and Coolpecker team had the right idea of gathering up Anons to make a game but they may be too ambitious in that regard because it's taken a long time for them to reach the milestones they've set.

I would suggest looking further into the past than the Super Nintendo to gather inspiration for much simpler arcade-style games like the ones for the Atari 2600, 70's arcades, and early NES releases like Clu Clu Land and Balloon Fight.

Hire toady to make all video games

Nigger where have you been for EDF 4.1?

download where? i'm lost in the pirat world without kat

Just go to the share thread dumb ass.

Making video games great again

this nigga knows what's up

i mean, i believe that back when games were really, really great and innovative and still hold up today was because the developers knew very well the limitations of the hardware of the times and instead of trying to wow us with gimmicks and flashy graffix and other shit they started from the ground up. that's why games like the first metroid, or super mario bros or road rash or whatever are still genuinely fun to play at the simple input/output level: because they worked hard to hide how bad their game looked and sounded with how good it felt to play

now it's totally backwards and someone needs to fix that. i really hope that with dragon's dogma and EDF getting PC rereleases and selling like fucking crazy that developers start to catch on a bit that even in CURRENT YEAR we don't care if it doesn't have photorealistic this or that as long as it's really fun to play

All I want is some sort of combination of STALKER, gothic, dwarf fortress, EVE, and minecraft

it's 2016 for christ's sake

Nigga, no.

Too bad his VP is complete shit and will probably take over once Trump gets assassinated by BLM.

It's simple, we kill the batman.

More games where girls kiss girls

I think more handheld titles need to come to PC.

I keep hearing about all these fun handheld titles, but because the graphics are PS2 level, no one will make something for console/PC thats like that.

It's your fault you damn Photorealistic CoD fanboys.

alton brown GOOD EATS the video game

can't tell if real cops or if really good videogame cosplay

Ambitious games generally sell like shit though. Retards just want the same shit they've played six gorillion times like coowadooty/fps kiddies.

I don't know, OP. The people responsible for your pic looks like they had a blast.

israel and saudi arabia must be so proud of the attacks

Step 1: variety.
Different gameplay, game types, settings and mechanics. Strangly simple yet nobody does it. Here's an example.
Simple, unremarkable idea. Now you pick an aspect of shooting (reloading, maintaining, augmentations) and go in depth with it
(Reloading: no bullet counter so you have to maintain count. (Maintenance: your guns degrade if not taken care of (augmentations: you can upgrade weapons with attachments, alien technology, bio circuitry, ect)))

You just do this with every aspect of the game, cut out the stuff that's not fun/to hard to do, and your done.

Rather then trying to make everything easier, try to make it more enjoyable. Turns out piss easy games are boring, who knew?
Also, improve things that are not great in older games, while improving the things that we loved.
An example is re4's inventory system. It's great, but you can't switch between the things quickly. So either add in four "quick select" slots, or tag things you want to quickly switch between.

Today games are a business. They always had that aspect, but now it's all about making a product as quickly as possible, so we get soulless games that aren't fun.

If you love what your doing, you make it better. Be it good, games or sweet love

Now, see, this is the kind of logic that made all of us think Spore was going to be the greatest video game ever made, instead of a meaningless-palette-swap penis-evolution creator.

In any case, what are you even saying? You want to manage an entire space empire while flying spaceships between hundreds of micro-managed Dwarf Fortresses while at the same time playing inside each of them at the same time and mining/crafting the fortresses all mostly by yourself and in the meantime surviving attacks from radioactive zombies and also simultaneously finding the time to be completing quests??

I'm sorry, but your brain isn't big enough to handle that by several orders of magnitude.

Bring back points. One of the greatest feelings is getting a high score and having it be at the top of the leaderboard. Thid is wjy i hink pinball is the greatest "genre" of game. Pure skills based, point gathering madness.

this is what killed all games

I fucking hate points.

WHOOPDEE FROOTLOOPING DOOOOOO

I want games that actually give me enjoyment

Points in megaman and linear, non arcade nes games were cancer wnd could be ignored entirely. But in arcade games like balloon fight, bubble bobble, pinball, pac man, galaga, theyre all designed around getting points and beating other players highscores. Single player competition is severly ignored.

considering wearing cop uniforms that look too real is forbidden in germany id say those are real cops.

Stop making linear story-based cinematic garbage.

These videogames are making me thirsty!

You somehow came up with a game idea that is more ambitious than Starcitizen.

Something for starters

Combat systems that are actually satisfying and deep instead of being dumbed down button mashy shit like in most western action games.