Monster Hunter /mhg/

MHG DOWNLOADS

If you scan the last pic with a home-brewed 3ds with the latest version of FBI you can download and install the US version directly from Nintendo's Eshop servers.

EU CIA:

Part 1 mega:///#!cMZjmKyB!Ih4WLf_0JmEUyuvzEnssxZnVT8wT4TWi0a-DqH36UNo

Part 2 mega:///#!BNwEULQY!t0u9QPj1YTTo8ORMQxjEEWMHtOvnHTS46qz5s4HwwNg

US CIA:

mega.nz/#!QY0HSCyA!KbEN_nQAwVxFK06OF7j754faYzbvf3YSbGBwyW3DPaY

password:TheDoctorIsIn

EU AND US SHARE ONLINE SERVERS, STOP ASKING

Resources:

>Weapon tutorials and more: youtube.com/channel/UCT84SVapAfSSD_iMfpKbFbA/videos

>Information on item droprates, skills, monsters, etc: kiranico.com/en/mh4u

>MH Wiki: monsterhunter.wikia.com/wiki/Monster_Hunter_Wiki

>MH4U Relic Chart: i.imgur.com/KJezI7p.png

>MH4U Relic Chart Detailed version: i.imgur.com/qwPzsnw.png

>MH4U Relic Spreadsheet: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-oyh86FG6V4-T5zegGIZuX0b-_tyy7_TIe8Wv8jkfZE/htmlview?pli=1&sle=true#gid=1520165799

>MH4U Moveset Charts: imgur.com/a/oPuKD

>How many times will I have to hunt in order to get _?: desiresensor.com/

>Ping's MH4G Dex: sites.google.com/site/pingsdex/pingsmh4gdex

>Athena's ASS for MH4G and MH4U: forums.minegarde.com/topic/7348-athenas-ass-for-mh4g-and-mh4u/

>Attack Stat Stack Chart: i.imgur.com/sSRW7q6.png

>Kinsect Flowchart: i.imgur.com/wD2OUug.png

>Kinsect Ingredients list: i.imgur.com/qf79jKs.png

>Arena Armor Recipes and Requirements : pastebin.com/kvLN7Fni

>Steam Group: steamcommunity.com/groups/8chmohun

>Hunting Music: monhun.corgiorgy.com/

ur waifu is shid

cat loli a cute

also what is the fastest quest? like I'm pretty sure its kelbi horns but I dunno if there is anything faster like end via sub quest ones

also does anyone actually sell kelbi horns? if so when becuase Iive done a good majority of 6 star and nobody sells them

see

I sorta miss the usual subspecies it's a little weird without them especially with the selected few variants, rare species, and the newly introduced deviants.

Deviljho is best Jojo

jojo is a meme cartoon

Define meme cartoon.

Jesus Nibelsnarf has to be the most annoying monster I've ever fought.

get your facts straight satan

Try sonic bombs or flash bombs, usually when a monster is REALLY annoying one of those causes it to stand around doing nothing.

barrel bombs
fucker eats one he gets stunned for awhile
doesnt make him any less shit but gives you more time to whack at him

I'm digging his armor though, put it on my entire party like we are going to carnival.

O-okay then.

not sure how I feel about tails being rewards and body carves now
like its nice as a horn player but still

Fuck the statistics. I got 4 and still have never gotten Rath Marrow.

That's his shittily translated name, yeah. Comes from Malfeasance, I suppose.
It's still easier to type than Hohohohohohrururu

Oh I wasn't calling you out for using the english name. Just saying I like the armor.

Why is this lady telling me to do the dinosaur

Cause she wants the D :^)

It's the name of the Nip English textbook she is from.

Oh, gotcha.
The armor's okay. I was hoping it would be a big angry stuffed owl's head instead of a masquerade theme, but it turned out fine.

So what's a good point to jump online this time around? I'm on the 2 star village stuff with no idea on what to do next. Fought Tetsu solo and upgraded my weapon a bit if it matters.

make the bujubuuujunbujuju set and ya pretty much good
unless you are like new to the series then I suggest finishing most of offline

Buujuuwho? And no, I'm not new. Though I am trying the GS for the first time. I think I'm getting the hang of it.

PSA to all hunters: You can crouch for a few seconds to cure the bleed status.

that hunt was fucking hell
supprised we didn't get 3/3'd

Did they finally add more monster that inflict bleed? That chicken from 4U was way too easy.

Bleed is a neat status effect the first few times, but it just gets annoying after awhile. Maybe I just hate the Seregios.

Shogun Ceanataur and Variant Narga also do bleed now.

Bulldrome cap, arms, and legs with Jaggi tasset and torso.

bulldrome cap being the range one not the melee one because it has 1 more attack

also 4 attack gems

The Meowstress is cute. CUTE!

Even in Apex if you know how to deal with him its easy.
FUCK APEX MONOBOLOS

Fuck Apex in general, I'm glad that shit's gone.

Asking because I didn't get an answer in the last thread before it died.
What are some good HBG sets I can make late LR/early HR? I've been having a blast with Bushido HBG.

It was alright. Needs a few tweaks but its essentially GIT GUD mode.

And that's about when I stopped playing 4U where it was nothing but Apex and 140 GQ.

Use drive wystones retard.

Doesn't stop the fights from being stupid by waiting for the wystones to recharge because just about every hit will bounce off. Go fuck yourself for thinking it was alright you retarded cock-mangling shit eating mouth breathing nigger.

Sorry I didn't kiss your asshole you thin skinned faggot, Maybe you just suck at MH? Do you still have trouble against Rajang?

naa it was shit

Rajang is nothing but a weak little shit that anybody can handle. Rather telling that you bring up that two-horned nigger than the ass-breaking Great Jaggi. Suck the middle of my ass dude you can't do shit.
It really was an annoying apex fight though. Not as bad the endgame expedition grinding crap but it was burning me out.

I can see we're about to take a long expedition into the great salt flats.

Why does Monster Hunter attract so many autists and elitists, Holla Forums?

because its what happens when shit becomes popular
still not as bad as Dark souls

Because MH requires some actual thought and preparation in order to be proficient at it.

I do agree that some of the apex fights are bullshit, especially when you use a wystone and the faggot doesnt give you can opening for a year

you say that like you aren't one. Of course you're one. I'm one. Everyone here is one. We're pinnacle autist.

that's the nature of choosing not to play with the mundane normalfags of reddit, even going past the now gentrified 4chan and coming here to form a community where expectations are higher.

Also the nature of the game requires an immense amount of timing and pattern recognition.

Any particular reason the "final boss" monster of the single player is so much easier than a stupid gorilla?

because the monster hunter b team had to focus on flashy attacks to cover up that they didn't have the talent to come up with better attack patterns.

It all looks cool but their patterns are all stuff we've seen before from other monsters.

Because cold rajang dick is still rajang dick, just cold and tastes like snow

bitch is annoying
just stop jumping around asshole

It's like you're not even trying
Some of us had to claw that fight nigga

Just got to V3 and an working on getting HR3. I'm swapping between Tetsucabra and Khezu armor sets and bouncing between charge blade, dual blades, and great sword. Shots fun, yo.
I miss G rank. qq

None of the new monsters were really all that tough. They looked cool and all but that's about it. The hunter arts/styles also make things much easier than ever before.

it seems to me that they tried to compensate for the monsters being easy by making sharpness harder to obtain.

That's a weird way to compensate for difficulty. Sharpening doesn't take long at all and doing it slightly more often doesn't make the fight harder, it just makes the hunt go on for a few more seconds. But I suppose that does make sharpening skills a bit more important or choosing felyne polisher a bit more often when eating.

experienced players won't get caught that hard by sharpening. they instinctively know that when your weapon starts bouncing you need to sharpen or your damage goes away.

Newer, or more casual players will just try to play through the bouncing until the monster zones which makes the fight harder in the long run.

I'm in it to play dress-up, grind for complete armor sets and see what new things the game has to throw at me though.

It doesn't really compensate for it though. Just makes the game feel like there wasn't much thought put into it.
"well we added these… okay well we thought they sounded cool, but balancing them in the slightest is a pain so we just threw in styles and hunter arts, but they made the game a little too easy, what should we do to make it a little harder?"
"eh… just make it a little harder to get handicraft and make weapons have slightly less sharpness"

yeah but you chose the hardest difficulty to do so.

you could have went to reddit where they'd politely tell you how awesome your eye-raping clownsuit is, but instead you came here, where we'll show you what a REAL clownsuit is and tell you to git gud, faggot, because I'm the most fashionable of them all.

The arts and everything are fun, but Generations as a whole definitely feels way weaker than 4U did.

that's my take on it.
Sure Apex was awful, but somehow it just feels like everything they added was incredibly half baked.

I kinda miss some of the 4u monsters, like beating on nerscylla. I kinda wish that generations was just DLC expansion for 4u with all the monsters and the deviants and they had left things like hunters arts out to be developed and balanced more.

There was a ton of little stuff that brought the entire thing together.
Most of the stuff you did was either cause you were in the caravan, or to go after the Gore Magala.
But in this you just kinda do stuff. Even the cataclysmic world ending bosses are just kind of wandering around. A stark contrast to the absolute panic the Magala sent 4's characters into.

The monsters of 4 also illustrate the differences in design. Compare how the owl in this game moves to the Kecha Wecha, and how much more lively and animated Kecha is by comparison.
Was Kecha Wecha more annoying? In a lot of cases, yeah. But it was cool seeing monsters spiderman around too, especially considering you could do a lot of the clambering they were now too.

We should've gotten that back instead of Cephadrome again.

I don't even know what the deal with Nakarkos is but I hope the high rank one is an actual fight.

Its always the fucking best when you bully monsters by repeatedly stunning, paralyzing, getting them stuck in web floors, and throwing flashbombs at them and just FUCKING RUINING THEM.

fuck fighting urugaan with nothing but green weapons though.

It's almost enough to make me break the seal on my vow not to use bow this game cause it makes the game too easy.

just use bombs

Hey guys, lets play

I'm HR2 and just grinding some shit I need/questing for fun. Hop on in. I can only play for about an hour though.

Room: 58-1711-1251-3916
Passcode: 4249

Get the bath towel set and shoot some arrows with me bro

but I'm learning how to bugstick! its fun but I haven't gotten the hang of controlling the bug yet

T-Thanks for the virus..

You need to scan it with FBI, not the camera program's QR-reader, m80.

careful though, it's a big file.

They're fucking giving you this that early? Jesus I feel bad for knife ass.

For you

They always play the credits after you beat the flagship monster in every game. Then you have well over 50% of the game left to go.

its not only to do shit over and over, its to be good, nay, OPTIMAL at it

I dont really have to explain why autists and elitists are attracted to this game

True, maybe it just feels a bit out of place compared to how 4U handled Shaggy Maggy. A lot of things are out of place with it, though.

Because it's made for autists and elitists. They wouldn't have G-rank in any game whatsoever if they didn't want the best of the best playing.

Plus with the way hunter rank works it locks out anyone who is lesser than you from going on a quest. The autism is what makes it fun and the elitism gives you a much needed kick in the ass to get better.

so is the big cat chef a guy in a costume or an actual giant species of felyne?

Thanks for playing! I had fun.
Damn, the Volvidon armor is nice too. That FastCharge.

It feels different because there aren't cutscenes for most things and they don't make a big deal out of each one.
You can kill a lot of monsters you aren't supposed to have a chance against, then the game asks you to do it again later.
Advancing village ranks is very quick as well.

I thought 4U was a little too slow and Gen feels a little too fast on the progression and upgrades.

By "things" I meant upgrades.

You are no nigger of mine.

i was insanely disappointed to find out that the new monsters are ridiculously buff in the 3 star missions when their movesets were so laughably easy

There's a beauty to a full set that just can't be matched, user.

Once I've got a shit-ton of complete sets is when I'll clown around and mix-and-match, but until then armor shall not touch my skin unless its brothers are coming along.

the game won't let me search for Uragaan rooms online, is that a bug? is NO one fighting them?

I'll concede that "full set >>>> literal ASSclown" is an objective truth.

But being fashionable as fug and having a ton of active skills that complement my weapon is just too damn satisfying.

And sometimes you get to indulge both sides. Had a full Uka X set in MH4U with a gorillion skills for guard lancing.

Is it worth it to get the Obsidian charge blade from the petrified one? Or would the Brachydios one be better?

Looks like the < character causes the bottom part of the screen with the full text to break in the pre-set message window.

I sincerely hope your guild card reads "offensive β loner" on it. or "hips of passion"

Nice

I had Hips Buster for some time, right now I'm using Shadow the Knife

Nice.

mine is motherly hips

I'm "Third-rate Mr. Offensive"

Yeah the Obsidian blade is better. Harder to get but it has more blue. The Dios one could be a bit tougher to acquire so you might be better off trying to get the Hellblade CB or even the Teo CB if you want because those are a bit better.

Mine's Hammer myHunter

Mine is ドキドキガール.

those of you looking for insults wanker is censored but wanker! isn't, works for less "serious" insults, nigger! doesn't work.

I'm conflicted, I like styles, and I like GEN a bit more than 4U.

But since this is made by B team (and directed by the guy who did FU) I'm not sure if I should get too comfy using the styles.

Do you think they'll include them in the next mainline series?

Mine is カタナガール

It's going to be interesting to see - on the one hand, Tsujimoto's gotten away with everything and anything he wants with the series because of good ol' fashioned nepotism, but on the other… Cross outsold every other game in 2015 in the "little over a month" it was out for that year, and a few days into 2016 beat out 4G's lifetime sales. That's some powerful sales, and potentially rivals the family ties that kept MonHun sacred.

I can imagine they add him the director to the team and only add styles and arts, and ignore everything else he wants to add like new weapons and shit.

*they add the director of the team to a useless role
godamnit I need sleep

So what you're saying is, the rest of the MH games are going to be gimmicky and just go with half baked ideas the entire time?

Am i the only one who wants capcom to stop with their shitty gimmicks?
No i don't want apex monsters. I don't want "rage" monsters and i couldn't care less about deviants.
I know they're do them because it costs nothing as work and space on the memory to just add small effects, recolor and add a bit of code, but a this point i'd rather not have it at all

Imagine if the next gimmick was rigging monsters to other monster's animations? Imagine a Tigrex with Arzuros's animations.

Deviljho with a Quropeco's animations

HOW TO PLAY BEST CHARGE BLADE:

1. IF YOU AREN'T USING IMPACT PHIALS YOU'RE PLAYING WRONG, GO BACK TO SOMETHING YOU'RE ABLE TO UNDERSTAND, LIKE S&S

2. GUILD STYLE. IF YOU'RE PLAYING ANYTHING OTHER THAN GUILD STYLE, SEE THE SOLUTION FROM NUMBER 1.

3. YOUR HUNTER ARTS SHOULD BE ENERGY BLADE AND LIMIT BREAK. LEAVE HEALING TO THE HH PLAYERS, FAGGOT.

4. FILL PHIALS, RED SHIELD, UNLOAD WITH THE AXE, REPEAT

5. GET LIMIT BREAK ACTIVE AND THEN GO BACK TO NUMBER 4

6. GET ENERGY BLADE READY AND WAIT FOR A LONG-ASS OPENING BECAUSE YOU'VE GOT TO WIND UP FOR A GOTCHA BITCH THIS BIG

7. WHEN YOUR PHIALS ARE FULL, LET THAT FUCKER FLY AND WATCH AS YOU UNLEASH A POWER NOT TAPPED INTO SINCE AUGUST 6TH OF 1945

And it summons a Quropeco with Deviljho's animations.

Red shield gives your more power on axe mode in striker style.

Also the 3rd hunter art slot is kinda useful if you use absolute evasion.

Deviljho with a rajangs animations
Lightning fast pickle dick

I hope this stays with generations and doesn't come into the main series. I know the insect glaive was the precursor to this cuhrazy shit, I can already flip around like a motherfucker in other games. It devalues the gotcha bitch flavor of shit when anyone can just alleyoop any monster on a whim with these goddamn arts and styles. They're fun and all and I'm sure it appeals to more people but fuck if they throw out the slower paced methodical gameplay the series has had since its inception I might as well just delete my life.

i was thinking the same thing a couple of days ago, but i think everyone thought about it at some point. The idea it's so stupid that it could be fun.
They would probably explain it as "there's a new type of monster that mimicks other monsters behaviour" and it would look like the monster equivalent of Twelve from street fighter. It'll change his color depending on which monster he is imitating.

You're the new designer for MHQ
It's gimmicky and stupid enough, now put less thought into it and you're going for gold

I really just want a giant snail monster.

OR something like Jhen Mohran on a much more massive scale, where the majority of the fight is climbing around on an impossibly large monster like Laviente from Frontier. Having to find spots to hold on when he starts bucking and mining away chunks of scale like stone so you can find a weak spot where you won't bounce.

anyone know the best place to farm shards? I'm looking for demons island

If sales were absolutely everything, yes, but like all businesses, Capcom is run by human beings, and family ties and the like are pretty strong. Honestly, I think it's likely that Cross will become a side series all it's own, like Frontier.

I ate for insomniac and this dumb fuckin' owl can still put me to sleep
this is bullshit

Can we PLEASE talk about the fact that you get to drive a tiny cat tank in this game?

there's a reason the quest giver tells you it's for her insomniac husband
it bypasses it

turned out to be an easy fight
but that's still some bullshit

I stopped reading what she had to say about 5 quests in
guildmarm was better

it's in the quest description, not what the lady tells you

the quest description mentions a survey team passing out and getting confused

the capturing a malfistio one, in the village
like the very first

the first one I got was killing it to get to village 4
if there's one before that I haven't got it yet

That's weird, Insomniac prevents me from getting put to sleep by it just fine.

AUTISM TIME, GIVING AWAY THE BEST SUPPORT AND ATTACK PROWLERS

Go in any room lablled 'both' 'cats' or 'ghunter' and accept them and leave to open your own room and keep passing them on.

thank god

These cats are by no means OP…

I always throw OP out when I mean best in reagrd to games

So, are theyshared like GQs?

While it is entertaining I agree. It feels like cheating for most , of not all of the fights; I usually stick to Guild style for the most part unless it's just more convenient.

That's true. It's just really off. Still enjoyable, but I'm getting the urge to go back and play some 3U.

rathalos is so fucking unfun

Apparently this is a hidden track in the game. I suspect that this was an old BGM they used for the Jurassic Frontier but changed it to a new one, or it could be a teaser for something new.

Sound like something someone using FL Studio for the first time would make.

Because it is, isn't it.

that style of animu face doesn't match the rest of the image

Can we all agree that Glavenus is the coolest flagship monster since Nargacuga?

I liked him better as Dinovaldo,

He's pretty rad

Is he sucking a dick in the bottom left?

Yeah it might be fake. It was uploaded on the 3rd but it should've been found a long time ago. I just really like learning about scraped content in games

I still call him Dinovaldo. I don't like the Tamamitsune name change either, and Astalos is just a boring name for a boring monster.

I think he's based more on a Carnotaur judging by his head. Either way, he's a badass monster.

Oh, I think you're right

His music is fantastic

Is Gammoth supposed to be a joke? With guild longsword, you can just spirit combo him 95% of the time. He's basically a walking sponge.

She*
all of them are female
and yes, it's basically just a giant walking time sink, it's a giant target

Giant monsters in monhun are always walking damage sponges.

Fixed that for you, user.

I like the fact that fighting him BM means 90% of your screen will be its fucking fur body
Then again the same could be said about other fights, minus the fur.

whenever i watch videos of people doing something solo in this game i rarely see them bring the cats, is there particular reason behind this or is it just more pro to no bring them?

i pretty much always bring the little dudes just for the few extra items they can net

Monsters are much more predictable when not using cats. Especially helpful on GS and Hammer.

holy fuck

usually their health is so nerfed for those missions they're almost easier than single monster missions provided you don't let the monsters gather in one zone

Certainly better than multiples of "gather 6 popo dicks" also what said.

what the fuck happened? I don't remember mh4u being this tedious

None of the 3 monster quests are key quests luckily.

The ultra doesn't do any more damage than the quick axe discharges - they nerfed the shit out of CB in Gen. Never EVER use ultra unless you're an idiot.
If you're playing MH4U, though, ultras are fine provided you never miss with them ever.

Also, Element Phials are great in 4U (though totally useless in Gen). If you fire off ultras as fast as humanly possible, you can take monsters down in ungodly fast times. In 4U impact phials are good, but they're for safe boring "smart" play.

Well, I guess I have another reason to not give a fuck about shitty Astalos one then.

it's like you want to be useless to your team.

Frontier is garbage though.
So what you're saying is, we're going to see the death of Monster hunter as it just gets more and more imbalanced as they keep adding more and more half baked ideas.
So soon we're gonna see 5 styles per weapon of which a single one is decent

This isn't 4U you know. CB is the new IG for shitters scared of the LS flagging them.

I have no one to blame but myself.
Nibelfag a shit. SHIT.

Solo Nibelsnarf is cancer

Never again.

just fucking beat it over the head until it dies and doge it's attacks

It's easy to fight, the problem is that, like cephadrome, nibleshit will spend 90% of the time swimming around unless you have bombs. I'd say just use a ranged weapon.

Who called the pleb patrol?

You forgot that the weapons in Gen are fucking garbage for a long time.
The game is stingy with damage and sharpness, and the requirements for upgrades/better weapons often require components you can only get in the rank above (and and they're rare as fuck for that rank too).

I'll grant you the bit about the upgrade system, but I've had no issues keeping Hapurubokka in its place, mostly due to having fought him many many times before in third gen, but also hammer always has fucked his big dumb face in(Minus his charge attack, even then you can interrupt that).

I thought they were taking a carefully crafted stingy-as-fuck approach, but then there are certain weapons that you can make seemingly way too early that blow everything else around them out of the water.
Like the entire narga line of Hidden weapons. God damn they feel OP compared to everything else around them at the time. Huge green sharpness so that you can kill most monsters without ever sharpening, damage comparable to highest-possible upgraded weapons with currently available mats, and 40% affinity.

Whoever came up with this upgrade system is a piece of shit, but that piece of shit couldn't even implement his own garbage correctly.

When I said bombs I was referring to barrels and sonics. I thought that was clear.

Not with early game weapons and gear.

My apologies, I felt like specifying. See my earlier post though.

Dont suppose anyone can come help me down the two urgents for HR5 -> HR6?

ROOM:44-6161-9584-6713
PASS: 7979

Dinovalde is the absolute best and he died trying to protect you from the stupid Nekojo idol number

Frontier is absolute garbage, yes.

Again, depends on which is stronger - money, or connections.

Is there anywere were I can see a full list of the Prowler skills?

Not necessarily. The side-project games have brought in experimental ideas (p3rd in a good way, mhgen in a meh way), but the main series games and especially the generation cappers tend to cherrypick what worked and remove what didn't work.
Styles aren't bad necessarily - aerial is fun as fuck for example - but they could probably be implemented better.
Get rid of Striker because it's ass.
Give Guild/Aerial/Adept entirely different base animation sets and combos to one another so that using aerial GS versus guild GS feel like two entirely different weapons.
Diversify armors so that weapon style is based on what armor you wear, just like the Blademaster/Gunner split. Adept armor would be light as fuck and offer almost no damage mitigation to make up for having nearly infinite iframes. Aerial armor would have high mitigation against attacks that hit you when you're in the air, but shit mitigation when your feet are on the ground, and guild would be the standard high mitigation turtle mode.

Or just get rid of styles completely. They're not really necessary, but flipping all over the screen like a cricket on meth is pretty fucking fun if I'm honest.

This.
The style was sold as "high risk - high reward", but with i-frames out the ass it just doesn't feel as rewarding as, for example, when you figure out for the first time
how to dodge through a roar reliably. Maybe a little more leniency.

Please no, I'm already burnt out from farming fucking Velocidrome heads, of all things.
Make it an autimatic switch kinda dealio for ~90% of the game and offer tailor-made sets per style as an endgame thing.

That's a fair trade-off, but it also means that you'll be grinding only the most tedious of hunts to complete your end game special sets.
Besides, I imagine most people choose only one or two weapons + styles for each playthrough. It wouldn't be much different to how things are currently, provided that the style-centric armor sets didn't have significantly different mat requirements to standard.

Maybe make the styles always available, but they get a nice buff to their utility when wearing the right armor. Like aerial in guild armor can only jump half as high, or adept in guild armor can only dodge half as far with half as many iframes.

Is nargacuga really hard to stun or something?

I was smashing this motherfucker's head in over and over the entire time and he never got KOd.

I think he has a really fast KO recovery time and resistance. It hard to KO him more than twice a a hunt.

How viable are Prowlers?

umm not very unless you have a very specific skill set.

Friend and I are running through game as prowlers now and kill shit almost as fast as hunters. You do need certain skills to do good damage though. Boomerang cats are the best. It wouldnt hurt to experiment though for fun.

as I said very specific skill set.
Bomb cats are low damage and Melee cats are… holy fuck melee cats are so bad

And that skill set is…?

oh you want piercing boomerang, large boomerang as actives, and boomerang pro as a passive. The rest is min maxing which you should really do, but usually it's attack up L affinity up S for your remaining passives.
You have so many active slots it doesn't really matter

bomb cats any good for breaking parts? Was thinking about making one eventually after playing one in the arena. lobbing bombs is fun.

Well, earlier today there was some palico giveaway event(probably from reddit) where they prety much shared a palico with these skills, for the exception of atk u L and affinity S replaced with L, so I was just wandering if this is the best we get.
Also, does handicraft skill affect boomerangs much?

it's better to go boomerang and just throw a tank on as an active. The throwing bomb ability does really poor damage and can't build meter well at all.

are these support or fighting cats?

I noticed that for the small bomb. Are the large bombs even worth using or are they reduced damage from the regular L bombs?

That's interesting.

getting through the last of HR 4
09-9300-3997-7434,
pass is 8888

There are no support prowlers
you need to do damage to build your gauge to do support shit, and the best way to build gauge is piercing boomerang.

Low damage all around on the cat bombs. Giant bomb is pretty alright (I forget the name in ENG), and the tank is decent. Horrible meter hogs though the lot of them

so fighting cats skill up based on mele attacks and supports on throwing?

I like astalos. hitting him feels like going into a glassware shop with a baseball bat and going to town.

no, every cat is boomerang, there is no point in going melee, you're squishy as fuck, do no damage and can't aim for weakspots.
compared to boomerang which can aim for weakspots, builds meter like a madman, and does good damage.

Nibelsnarf a shit.

Have you tried walking fast?

It's a little hard to chase between dunes 3 and 7 because you have to go through 3 or 4 areas to get back and forth.
It was barely enough time for nibel to decide he wanted to leave as soon as I got there.

What do you mean ?
Any one you miss in particular?

Once i carved 3 plates out of a dead gore magala.
The chance to carve a plate is 5%
That means the chance i had to make that specific carve was 0.0125%

Well for example since Duramboros is in the game Rust Duramboros would've come back as a result with him and since Zinogre is in Stygian Zinogre would be brought back too. I don't know despite some of them being lazy I just feel like the subspecies is somewhat of a series staple since they were found in a bunch of games.

Aren't deviants just subspecies++ though?
I've never played gen, but they look really rad

Yeah they pretty much are but I feel like something is missing. Also they are implemented in a different way when taking their quests compared to other monsters so they aren't found in the usual quest list.

Subspecies have always been a "g-rank" thing though. I remember in MHFU the game telling you that you'd encounter subspecies now that you hit G rank.

Which is why it worries me that capcom has said "no more G-rank" and I hope that just means they're incorporating subspecies and all the g rank into the base game and not putting out an improved version a year later.

You're giving me SotC flashbacks user and i LOVE IT
Imagine if the thing was flying, and you gotta go to the head for massive damage but it's hard and if you get hit you do a long flying animation and you reel back on the tail of the boss kinda like mohran's dragoneer ship.

But that's retarded, they even share the same body mesh, they only have different textures and different attack behaviours.
I can understand monsters of the same "body kind" being gone, like monoblos/diablos & gravios/basarios but removing subs is just lazy.

There was subspecies though in MH4 which has no G-Rank and so did P3rd. Also in MH4U's singleplayer you were introduced to subspecies early on in High Rank.

Monoblos/Diablos and Gravios/Basarios was lazy in the first place.

I think it's just me begging for more monsters to hunt. I do miss Gravios and Diablos way more than subs though.

DuIe, I kinda agree on gravios/basarios, but if you shit again on monoblos/diablos i'll show you my diablos hardhorn

Most of the wyverns in general are pretty lazy.

Anyone know what unlocks Nargacuga Throwdown Guild*5?

I'd still say the base monster is better thought out than gammoth, which is just a walking HP bag

I was disappointed Giggi got thrashed again in favour of that downy syndrome pale dragon.
Wouldn't it be cool if they added a poison version of the khezu, and put it toghether with giggi/baleful?
It would be a hierarchy kinda thing, with khezu being the young age and giggi the adult.
And yes, i know they are only cousins, just saying it could be nice.

They share animations, but usually feel pretty different from eachother barring some exceptions(Kut Ku/Peco, Garuga/Rathian).
Monoblos/DIablos and Barasios/Gravios is just lazy, in FU the only difference between basarios and gravios was a tail

In mh4u they are pretty different.
White diablos is a son of a bitch for example with the triple homing charge.
I would think basarios is boring tho, if it wasn't for that sweet glitch.

Ahh I got it. I had to talk to some bitch in Pokke.

huehuehuehuehuehue

27-5136-3610-7689

My plesioth urgent need help still in low rank armor after this I can craft my endgame stuff.

user, NTR does can take screenshots in an O3DS.I know, mine is the Old one and I can take then with no problems

How the hell are you supposed to use the Gunlance now?
The last MH I played was MH3 on the PSP and now I'm playing Generations, the Gunlance has that fucking heat bar that improves your damage if you shoot, but the shoot lowers your sharpness, so I'm guessing you have to shoot a lot and use a lot of whetstones, instead of carefully timing your shots and reloading after each one.
Any advice about it?

you were always suppose to use your shells anyway with GL so its not really any more of a change

MH4U, Super Smash Bros. and I think a couple other games don't work with NTR because NTR hangs out in RAM as a background process, and because those games go into extended-RAM and basically unload the OS in the process NTR gets wiped and doesn't work.

If you got NTR to work with MH4U or Sm4sh on O3DS I want you to share your dark secrets with me.

Nobody likes Khezu and Giggi is superior in every way

Plesioth is cancer

Plesioth is actually Pisces

plesioth a worthless shit
id perfer masive jho cock to a 3U encounter with that pile of trash

He didn't even have his pre-nerf hipcheck in 3U, and you could just slay him underwater where he's a pushover

never said hard, i just fucking hate it
the hunt wasn't any fun, ever

Gen room open 05-3172-4514-4828, pass is 8888

what rank?

HR4 my nigga
ill take anyone under if you so please, but we might be getting a bit grindy

I'll finish up HR2 on my own then, don't want to force everyone to grind. no one should have to face my suffering. At least all I got left is nargacuga and

and

fuck. nibelsnarf. fuck.

nibble a easy
if you need help theres a space open, dont mind helping you at all

What's the most OP armor/weapon I can make with the save editor? I'm just playing around not going online with it.

Generations, low rank room
02-0917-2471-4276
password 2580

I want to hug that cat

Holy fuck.

Then I dropped Bows and went to HBG and shat all over his corn flakes the next time. I think it was a quest with 3 of em'.

dc or room crash?

dc, everyone else is still in.

Man i just discovered that monster hunter stories will have amiibo->locked content

Is this type of dlc unlockable by pirating the game like the other dlc for FE or FF?

WHO DID THIS?
WHO THE FUCK DID THIS AND THOUGHT THIS WAS OKAY?
FUCK YOU AND YOUR DUMB CHINK FAGGOT DICK AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Probably the same guy who made all the gunner skills really average compared to all the melee and bow ones.

Nova dosen't even stagger even though it's a massive fucking explosion.

90% of the the lbg dont even have a rapid fire either. It's fucking stupid since thats the entire point of aerial lbg. It really proves that styles were just an afterthought.

Seriously that shit does fuck all
I hope the people who came up with half of these fucking changes fall out a fucking building.
YOU HEAR ME, FAGGOTS? OF YOU'RE READING THIS, GO TO THE NEAREST TALL BUILDING, GO THREE FOURTHS OF THE WAY UP AND JUMP OUT THE FUCKING WINDOW YOU LIMP DICK CUNTS

You're fucking joking. No way. More and more reasons this game wants me to fucking drop it.

Just play MH4U again.
I'm so lonely.

user, I'd be willing to hop back on that and play but I have no internet where I'm living currently. s-sorry
Speaking of, what public WiFi spots actually work with 3DS? I just want DLC shit.

I'd rather we play 3u, I still haven't advanced past hr7 despite having 300+ hours in it. I Want to know what my hr# cherry-pop will be.

This is why you faggots are hated.

Kek, no. Enjoy best Monster Hunter the best way.

Alone.

anyone know what the mounting armor skill does?

I dread the day a doctor says to me:

From my experiences so far I have to assume that the desire sensor is not exclusively a MonHun thing.
I'd be totally boned.

Just how much do they inflate these monsters' HP in these quests? I know for a fact that they're piss easy on their actual hunting quests.

In X it took me about twice as long as to kill them on those quests as it did on their first "actual" quest. Didn't bother trying in Gens, though I've noticed that in general Gens seems to have HP lowered.

Seems like it's around times 3 their usual health.

Every offline quest done possible till I unlock more when reaching HR
Suppose its time to start the guild hall

works on my machine

Can I rename cats after I hire em?

No, it'll confuse them.

Well no
Guild hall has more monsters and high rank that also unlocks highrank quests for the village

I just like doing every village quest before I do guild hall shit

put down barrel bombs
when he is floundering in the ground after exploding you can fish him out, sheathe your weapon and press a

Any chance you can, hit him in the uvula.

how the hell do I aim UP with throwing weapons as a cat??

You don't.

so when my helper cats do it, The game is feeding me lies?

Yes. Just like how your cats can hold onto small barrel bombs but you have to throw them right away.

Question anons, does psychoserum help you tell whteher or not a monster can be captured? If not, are there any other ways to do so? I keep killing these fucks and its pissing me off

As soon as a monster is limping you can capture it, also there is a armor skill called capturer or something that will tell you if a monster can be captured

Still living on the edge I see

>have been playing Yugioh lately
>we hunt a Great Maccao or whatever this Jurassic Park lookin GJaggi is called
damn

Still being a carried shitter I see.

user, do you need help?

No. Multiplayer is more fun you raging faggot.

Are you DSP?

solo hunting is fun for high and G rank when you want to torture yourself
hunting with people is fun though
especially when you're all yelling at each other and intermittently shit posting between hunts

Consider the fact that THIS is the kind of player who frequentes /mhg/ now

You all have an urgent need to perform git gud.

So you're painting broad strokes over multiplayer because you might end up with someone shit? Because playing with people you know are competent is impossible right?
People who make absolutes out of possibilities trigger me

I can understand not wanting to solo G-Rank, but fucking high rank?Sounds extremely casual to me

Honestly, I'd enjoy this game a bit more the translations didn't get raped.

Maybe for Monster Hunter 5 I'll know enough japanese to play it

You know this game had a fan translation, right?

Yeah, and it translated exactly zero dialog.

The armor skill that lets you know if a monster is capture-able or not is Psychic.
Capturer gives you extra rewards for capturing a monster

No real loss there, the Jap dialogue is boring garbage. Also full game translations occur when there's enough demand for it, like FF Type-0.

Get out of here 8-4.

Kill yourself.

Quality responses, both of you.

Replacing informative dialogue with a shitty meme isn't excusable. Especially with how clueless the average player already is.

Please explain why the dialogue is "boring garbage." MHGen is meme trash with unnecessary changes. I'm glad I bought MHX and pirated Gen.

Obviously there's not enough QUIRKY RANDUMB HUMOR and MEMES.

The dialogue was never really informative. It was soulless, dry 'go here, do this, come back' with zero embellishment or flavor, just like how Japs like it. The Bherna gal reads more like an instruction manual than a ditzy tour guide. Also, who gives a fuck about the average player?

See above. I'll take one meme for every two hundred words if it means the characters have more than zero personality. I'll be the first person to complain about referential humor in any media, but it doesn't kill me when they sneak 'git gud' into four entire paragraphs worth of text. Most people would have missed it entirely if there weren't dozens of screenshots, all accompanied with WHAT THE FUCKKKK IS THISSSS!? The game is underwhelming for sure, but not for what you're talking about.

Holy shit I'm inclined to believe the other poster, you really do sound like some kind of 8-4 shill.

kill yourself

Cool posts, keep up the good work.

No? How is it more fun when it's easier?

How is that torturous in the least?

I fail to see any entertainment value in such.

Why would playing with people you know be any different?

There's a reason I barely play anything in English anymore.

"Embellishment or flavor" are not what a translator does though. The "localization" industry is an affront to translation. Hell, there's one bit where they explicitly write a line that's the opposite of what's said:

"Of course, you can also take on Quests
aimed at multiple hunters by yourself,
but that's just crazy talk!"

For reference, the original text:

多人数向けクエストとは言っても
1人で行くこともできますから、
お気軽に挑戦してくださいね。

"Although we say they're quests aimed at multiple people you can still go alone, so please challenge them freely."

Between this and the unfunny "jokes" about HURR DURR MUH WEED and the like, the personality of the localizers comes through very clearly - which is not something that should ever happen in a translation.

Funny you mention that, because the whole HOW DARE PEOPLE SAY YOU SHOULD IMPROVE AT VIDEO GAMES line actually replaced informative dialogue. Pic related.

But the Japanese characters don't have zero personality. It's just at a minimum, because they get right to the fucking point. Adding personality for the sake of adding personality is making the characters worse. The french chef in pokke is still french. Neko "means cat" still has quirky dialogue. The hunter arts guy is still boisterous, but doesn't come off as annoying.

They're actively shitting on people that are skilled. In a multiplayer game. Where being bad can ruin the experience of 1-3 other teammates. The JP dialogue is much better because it promotes challenging yourself in the guildhall if you think you're up to it. The JP bherna quest giver doesn't insult the fucking playerbase.

Find your nearest mosque and let them know that you're a faggot so they can throw you off a roof.

Difficulty does not equal fun. Not to say that difficult things aren't fun and i don't enjoy overcoming a challenge because if that were the case i would not be playing this game.

I have fun playing by myself but i have more fun playing with anons.

Granted, difficulty in and of itself is not fun, but all other things being equal something being difficult is usually more fun.

im playing gen, there is no g rank you baka
alls im saying is when you solo g rank theres not a lot of room for error; its fun to take on the challenge but i don't want to do that all the time, as i said

also
do you not have friends user?
if nobody else will, i bet the discord will take you in ;^)

hyperbole

This I don't get. There's no sense of accomplishment.

You're still talking about it as if it wasn't fun.

I guess you just read what you want to read. I'm not going to walk you through a sentence.

But there is a sense of camaraderie that makes up for it. Working together as a team, having someone back you up, or help out when you are in a pinch. It's a nice feeling.

You talked about competence, which I'm not sure helps your cause, considering that what that user was presumably taking issue with is the fact that multiplayer makes the game too easy, and your condition makes the game even easier. Unless there's something else entirely you were trying to say?

I don't understand that feeling at all. If I fuck up and only get out because someone else saved me, that doesn't feel good in the slightest.

Not every fight is against a Great Maccao and is over in 30 seconds. Nor is every hunt with 4 players who are using the best gear in game.
Hunts can and do still have challenge when you play with others.

But it's going to be less than if you do it solo.

Tch. Nothing personnel, kid.

No

some monsters are fun, some get on my nerves
never had thouble with raths but i still mess up with zinogre mind you last time i fought him was 3U i think, i never got into 4U that far
i also have this really bad habit of never upgrading my armor sufficiently

Nigga, it's a fucking vidya gaem where you run around wielding comically oversized kitchen tools used for whacking fat pokemon and not some world class pissing contest.
Some of us consider it fun blowing shit up together.
Yes, it is less of a challenge.
But challenge ain't always the point.

Monster Hunter isn't a competitive PvP game, faggot. You're getting defensive and angry because people are on a different level than you when you should be improving yourself. Please return to Dark Souls and take your salt over being bad at the game with you.

I always end up doing this with weapons and armor, then hitting a sudden curbstomping that forces me to reevaluate my setup.

Exactly.

When is challenge not the point of vidya? When is a video game not about getting good at and conquering it?

where do you think we are

you aren't pro until you beat every monster in a boss rush, naked with starter weapon, no cats no items, and one hand tied behind your back in under 13 minutes

It's also about FUN dipshit. YOU have fun soloing everything. Some people have fun playing with others. Most of the anons here can beat the game entirely solo. That doesn't mean it will be fun for them. What's fun for you is not necessarily fun for someone else.

Try reading again, fammo. Maybe lay off the speedrunning of this comment. it doesn't seem to be your strong suit :^)))

isn't monhun considered a social game in nipland?

user, I came into this thread to officially diagnose you with autism.

Evidently most of the anons here can't even solo Great Maccau or upgrade their armor. All you're doing is trying to rationalize being bad at the game and getting carried.

A few terrible people is not most of the anons.

He's a bit on the slow side. Reading comprehension is only for pros, after all. (^:

jesus christ adept is a menace

You'll see its shortcomings soon enough.

Ayy, what's that image from, friend-o?

Artist is animeflux the image is from a short comic he did called "blackwatch: ariela" or something like that.

any examples? i'm having a lot of fun with adept but i also kind of feel bad for using it

Thanks

More emphasis on positioning and it gives people the bad habit of fishing for evades rather than just attacking.

Adept is most most hilariously casual thing they've done, it's like evade+10. I'm enjoying it a lot.

have these guys ever been urgents before? i don't feel like they have

I ended up switching back to guild just because I got bored of how easy shit was just to tear apart with no thought. I use aerial every now and again for the fun of it, or if fighting a shithead like Gamuto.

i can't see a fucking thing

Hello?

hello

New bread

we only on page 9 dude
it needs to be 13+

The rule is poorly written. It says you can but you can't and none of my threads have been taken down so they clearly have no issue with a new thread being made once the thread is past the bump limit.

almost got me