Shit or Questionable Pokémon Designs

Always wondered why Nuzleaf was given a pair of nipples.

Other urls found in this thread:

fio4ri.github.io/FavoritePokemon/
dragonflycave.com/favorite.html
mega.nz/#!utxCQCza!Duu7lWO4VOmfkeYjatmfVTjBGnAtyhaj4AmEss2Bkl4
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Just this awful disappointment. It doesn't at all resemble or take traits from it's previous evolution… I can't take it seriously.

The only one I think who has potential is the fire type one.
Hope I'm proven wrong but these starters look really shit.

I agree. The water one is a joke.

Absolutely disgusting. They could've picked better colours for a triggerfish pokemon.

Anyone else see this or am I just crazy?

On topic though, nothing fucking tops the pokemon made out of actual garbage. Though the key ring pokemon comes close.

Voltorb is great and the fastest motherfuckee alive.

I'm not sure if I'm okay with them making new pokemon out of man-made things. It indicates that they are running out of ideas or just lazy. I have a problem with spritzee - perfume, swirlix - fairyfloss vanilluxe - ice cream, klefki - keys, trubbish - rubbish and all their evolutions. Then again, I would have double standards because I don't mind magnemite and it's evolutions, litwick and honedge (probably cause they have creative designs).

I want to pat that edge cat

How many god dam rodent-electrics do we need!?
A… 'roly poly' pokemon? Sure sure.

Psssht kiddo…touch him and see what happens

Ohohoho, look at all those shitty pokemon!

I thought spiritomb was poorly designed and I still do.

Thoughts on legendaries of sun & moon?

It came out of it's shell.

Some of these new pokemon

If this were an earlier gen, they would have at least tried to give him spikes.

Quilladin didn't look like it was in a shell. More of a snug one-zee. It's colours also don't carry through to the final evolution.

Are there like good pokemon fan redesigns?

knock off entei

My thoughts exactly.

But it has the typing and abilities of a Metagross.

Getouttahere

There are plenty of good Pokemon based on man-made objects. That isn't the issue with these Pokemon, the issue is that they're just terrible. It's perfectly possible to make a good trash/ice cream/cotton candy/perfume Pokemon - GF just failed at it.

It's a running thing between generations. I don't know why people are so triggered by it. It's like asking why we need so many god damn water, fire, and grass starters.

It has retractable spikes; they come out when it attacks.

It has spikes, the triangles on its fur pop out
I actually hated the design until I saw that
Most of your complaints arent really complains, just summaries of the design
With the same logic you used for mudsdale you could say Rapidash is unoriginal because

I like the ice cream, though. I mean, ice cream is 5000 years old.

Even in spite of the similarities to Entei, I do like Solgaleo's design. A little overdone, but I think it's cool looking. My only gripe is that THE SUN POKEMON IS NOT A FIRE TYPE.

>weak to fire

Every Pokemon design after gen one was a mistake

Actually, Solgaleo's typing has it's basis on Alchemy: A green lion eating the sun was used in alchemical texts to represent the purification of metals. Also it's the emissary of the sun, he doesn't have power over it.

Really? Shit, that's actually pretty cool.

what could have been

i agree. there are certain traits they can re use. but re using entei was a big mistake. I don't care if they make 4 more sandslashes

We ended up with a ninjafrog instead of a mustachefrog.

Aw man… das cool.

excadrill looks dumb
and if everyone disagrees with me then ill fuck off from this thread

Yeah, unfortunately it seems that only Solgaleo has the alchemical origin, there's nothing in alchemy that I have seen that has something to do with Lunala.

I don't hate Excadrill's design, but I don't particularly like it either. My point is that the chespin evo is a ripoff of Excadrill.

I like fakemon cause it reminds how easy it is to not fuck up a pokemon design

Chesnaut was probably one of my favorite designs of that gen though.

F-f-facehugger?!

as long as it makes money, nintendo will rehash it until the end of time

Now Aurorus is fine, design wise.
But that typing and stat distribution?
Jesus Christ.

On the complete other end of the spectrum, we have Ferrothorn, who is guaranteed to be a cancerous tumour for the remainder of Pokemon's lifetime.

But Ferrothorn is super cool, user.

cat is houndoom in disguise, owl is a blob, cute sea lion thing is cute and has the potential to be far more interesting than the other two
first water starter to have as this much potential since piplup, and boy, did piplup deliver
cute penguin turns into a literally metal as fuck spiky emperor penguin with the title of emperor and the job position of shitting on fairies AND fire types
incoming clown demon sea lion with emphasis on the lion

can somebody draw user stabbing himself in the gut with a knife that says "forcing unwanted opinion"

… what?

With Piplup you could kinda see that he was going to become a royal with the cape and the fact that Emperor penguins are a thing. I see Poplio's evolution going two ways: He either becomes a buff russian entertainer I really want swoleclown, damnit or becoming a emancipated Jester se lion thing.

They are all nuts. Chestnaught's skin is white because it hardened into an exoskeleton as it matured. That's why it doesn't need to hide in it's shell anymore. The green portion is the shell.

thankyou

Design-wise, he's not that bad.
In terms of gameplay though, he just has all his points put in the right places and has the perfect movepool to go along with it.
I've seen match-ups where it gets hit with a Flamethrower or Heat Wave that does 75% damage, and then Ferrothorn will hit them with a Gyro Ball that does 100% back.
And of course, God forbid you try to attack it with any physical attack that isn't Drain Punch.

With only two weaknesses, a whopping 8 resists, a 4x resist, and an immunity, it can reliably switch in to blanket check a huge majority of pokemon (physical attackers especially) and force them out.
Then, on the switch, it can choose whether it wants to lay down hazards, cripple the switch in with a thunder wave, throw out some Leech Seeds so it can switch out and mitigate whatever damage the switch-in takes, or just throw a (most likely) 80-140 base power Gyro Ball out (which gets a Stab boost on top of potentially 140 power).

I could go on for days about this kind of stuff. Of course it's not like he's this unstoppable invincible monster of death, but there is very little risk involved in using him.

He stated a reboot of the story….. but the its not like they're a continuous story line. The reason why I posted the video was to show all the symbolism that he talks about.

Grass Pokemon have long needed something good.

Seriously, you can count the amount of good Grass types on one hand.

"Quilladin, the Spiny Armor Pokémon and the evolved form of Chespin. The hard shell covering Quilladin's body is so tough, a direct hit from a large truck wouldn't even dent it. Quilladin uses this shell to deflect foes' attacks and strikes back with its sharp quills. "
Dex entry

So Moon is the superior version this gen?

As annoying as Ferro can be sometimes, I don't have a huge problem with it. It's certainly not broken, and I wouldn't even say it's overcentralizing, especially compared to things like Lando, Hoopa-U, and Washing Machine. He's not even a terribly luck-based Pokemon, and for that I'm happy. I've had an easy time with plenty of Ferros, and I've lost games because of it. I'd actually say Ferro's viability depends a lot on the player's skill, because so often it isn't a major problem, and then a good player will come along and use it to shitstomp me.

So anons, what do you think the worst mega designs are? For me it's the Mega Latis, they are literaly the same shit as the originals with a different colour and bigger hands. Also Mega Manetric just looks dumb with the bigass lightning bolt on it's back.

What? I tried to put mega latios' file.

Mega Salamence. No question.

They wouldn't bother me if they weren't visually indistinguishable for one another. The mega evos should have played into their differences (the way it did for their stats) rather than just making them the same exact Pokemon.

Those wings… Yep.

I don't think these two are too bad but Gyarados looks like an oversized maggot and I think they overdid Sharpedo.

those are garbage and you should be ashamed to have them saved on your computer

Holy shit, I've never actually gotten a good look at Mega Sharpedo. I didn't realize it looked so fucking dumb.

The concept of a mega evolution seems to be
"MORE MORE MORE"
either way they all look awful and just boil down to "throw some spikes on that mother fucker"

Yeah…Not all of them are very creative.

99% of megas look like trash

Even my nigga blastoise looks like a fucking idiot

Blastoise kind of looks ashamed.

He's literally on my team right now, you don't need to tell me how good he is. Perfect IVs in HP, defense, and special defense, perfect EVs. He has saved my ass on numerous occasions. Thanks to a handy Thunder Wave + Leecch Seed, he just sits in there all day, and don't get me started on when it's raining.

Mega evolution was a concept that reeked on marketing. It doesn't help that most of their designs are uncreative and the megas themselves are utterly broken bullshit or completely useless. If I wanted a "level beyond the final evolutionary line", I would go play the Digimon games.

But how the fuck does it fly? Does it spin around like a frisbee?

I'm surprised there hasn't been at least one pokemon that evolves three times. They could even have it be an ancient bug pokemon or something.

So, pic related? :^)
Also pic related, how long until they introduce "ultimate" pokemon or some shit that are the strongest of their respective type?

They already have, it's called Mega Rayquaza

Mega Gengar looks cool. Just don't look at it's feet.

i believe aurorus was made for the sole purpose of shitting on icefags

To be fair, Magnemite's pokedex entry literally quesitons its existence and how it started showing up near power plants. Same with Muk and Grimer.

Rowlet is best girl

They could easily explain this from a lore perspective by saying things are backwards.
"Perfume was created as a result of ancient societies holding Aromatisses in high regard." or some shit.

Firstly, the bear is a red panda. A really shitty one, but yes. Two, check out a video of it, the back has slightly more variation, I think like a shitty red panda pattern. Basically it's shit but for different reasons than what you said.

Also, have you ever seen a Clydesdale?

Megas were a mistake. Just give guys new evos, it worked on previous gens.

I like Aromatisse

The introduction of Eviolite really fucked this up.
You have mons like Chansey, Porygon2, and Dusclops who now outshine their evolutions because of it.

I'm sorry OP, there's no cure for terminal shit taste.

Now rotom- there's a fucking joke of a Pokemon.

Nigga you best be joking.

It's a clever parody of the mimic trope.
If you want a questionable mimic design, refer to the Foongus line.

I think they made the hermit crab Pokemon, then realized they needed a mimic and instead of giving him a Pokeball as a shell they made a fungus because those are round right?

i think they made it a mushroom so it was possible to find mimics outside power plants or the big bad guy's base

More natural like above user said, and it's more in line with a poison gas trap.

I really like base Rotom. The concept, the design, the typing; honestly, it's one of my favorites.

Now, washing machines, ovens, and lawn mowers are terrible Pokemon.

Honestly I like a lot of the new pokemon designs too bad the game is only fun as a rpg pet sim if anything. Plus like, moth's bro.

It was poorly done. They all look ridiculous. I'm not sure how you'd do it better, but there must be a way besides goofy-looking appliances with eyes and shit-eating grins.

Why is Lopunny in Human-like?

So it would make it easier to fuck her.

I really fucking hate that bear.
I thought it was fake when someone showed it to me.

Bear is shit, horse is meh, Mongoose is Trump 10/10

Was Mega Sharpedo designed by Artix?

The only mega designs I liked were for Garde and Gengar, but maybe I'm just biased because they're always my go-to sweepers.

Do all the people who hate Garbodor just come from Reddit or 9fag? I remember the meme of hating on that Pokemon was quite strong in places like those, and they all seemed to ignore it's pretty much a modern rethinking of Muk because they were masturbating over how good genwun's designs were.

Truth is, Garbodor isn't as bad as everybody says. Sure, he is kind of nasty, but he is actually well designed for what he is; he has a good color palete, a "pleasing" (barring the issue that it's actually made of garbage and that's nasty) and easily identifiable shape and a somewhat original facial expression. He is miles better than shit like Vanilluxe, with its literal monochromatic palette and most uninspired evolution progression since Magnemite, and it doesn't get nearly the same hate as meme-Garbodor does because it wasn't being reposted on borderline normalfag websites over and over.

I think this is tiered by designs. Would explain the lack of remakes which are god-tier

Why do faggots always bitch about mons from the Mineral Egg group? Pokemon has always had inanimate objects that were monsters, it's part of what makes Pokemon unique from other monster catching series.

Agreed.
I'm digging Gardvoir's Mega evolution.
Personally i liked Gallade's Mega evolution.

I honestly hate these two mons, I only ever see self-absorbed circle jerkers going about 'MUH BRO GRENGER AMIRITE H-HAHA' and gardevoir waifu-fagging goes without saying.
If you're going to fugg a pokemon at least have some taste and bang a proper animal

I've never been too big on Pokémon, but I always thought Gen 2 has the least interesting designs, excluding Gen 7.

I hate Chesnaught. Looks underwhelming as fuck, man.

for fuck's sake, I love Sceptile, he's my boy, but I wish Cacturne wasn't shit so we could have gotten a proper cactus starter

but animals are gross. Green haired empath slave girls are not, though.

fuzzmoth is not for the sexual
Smug lizard, on the other hand…

Also where all da gay at

When I got back into pokemon shortly before B2&W2, I hated most of Gen V's designs. Now I realize what a blessing Unova was, with loads of god-tier designs and the largest native roster of any gen. Factor in B&W + B2&W2 and it's probably fair to call it the objectively best gen.

I guess it's karma

Friendly reminder that black and white are pretty much a one-to-one copycat of Generation 1 Pokedex

This guy knows that gen 5 is the best gen.

This guy is the same faggot I've been arguing with for months, fuck you faggot, eat a dick.

Gen 5 would be my favorite if not for the weather meta. I never want to see a Politoed again.

Going through the list, I can see the themes (Gigalith = Golem, Conkeldurr = Machamp, Jellicent = Tentacruel, Garbodor = Muk, etc.), but it doesn't really bother me, given the vast differences in designs. Hitmonchan/Hitmonlee and Sawk/Throh's similarities end beyond being pairs of (originally) single-stage fighters (and being humanoid, but every fighter is humanoid minus the Unova legendary trio). And it's not an exact copy. Gen V is the only gen other than Gen II to not have a three-stage early butterfly/moth, and instead has two early three-stage terrestrial bugs, something no other has done.

It's not ideal, but given their track record, I'd rather they reuse some framework of a proven formula than fuck up trying to make an entirely new one.

Don't forget

There's seriously better be a pay off in life, I want to fuck and a moth damnit, and not a moth girl a real moth one I can spend my life with no matter how long

user, do you even realize how long moths live? It's save to assume based on your posting that there is something wrong with you, but don't be flat out retarded.

fio4ri.github.io/FavoritePokemon/
faves, niggas

Where'd you get this one? I prefer it to the other one he posted.

dragonflycave.com/favorite.html

Thanks, user.
Also you've got solid taste.

You fucked up your pasta m8.
Unrelated, but why do bug pokemon always consistently come out looking good?
I haven't seen a single utterly-abysmal design for a bug type until the fucking caterpillar cube.

Here you go.

You're supposed to stop at either 10 or a single team.
Not half bad, otherwise

I realized that too late, and I decided to just go for two rows.

Niggers like you are the reason I can't use Garde without being labeled a waifufag.

I didn't realize it never stopped
After 2 rows it goes to "guys I like", not my favourites

Fuck you, if I have 40 favorites, I have 40 favorites.

r8 my team, people with more than 6 favorites are gays

it will keep going until you stop

just look at someone's first six pokemon, retard
pretty nice though

Wow, I didn't think anybody actually liked Mienshao.

Drifblim's an awesome design. I like it a lot.

I know there are better fighting types out there but I like it's movepool and I think it's cute.

I'm not saying it's terrible, I just never thought anybody was particularly drawn to it. It looks nice, and like most gen 5 pokemon, it's no slouch in a fight. One of the things I like is how relatively balanced the new pokemon in that gen were.

It knows Rain Dance and Hurricane since I'm playing a romhack and I couldn't pass up a 180 power move.
It makes it feel like a weather balloon.

if it's not holding damp rock, i will slap you through this computer screen

It's holding a lucky egg because I'm still training it.

I've been posting my faves from every gen.

Son of a bitch, my bad.
That's sort of weird, though.

He's not alone

eh good enough

the thing started mixing in random pokes instead of ones I'd previously selected, so the further rows are pretty much just randomized like-tier pokes

TOUCH THE COW
DO IT NOW

id rather touch the mountain witch

superb taste

It's literally some eggs with faces on them.

yeah, but really mean faces though

I'm surprised I haven't seen any hate for Polywrath.
No, wait. I'm not, because in addition to being bad, he's forgettable as fuck.
Yeah, Voltorb and Electrode are just balls, but they're supposed to be mimic traps.
And eggesecute are eggs but… well actually they aren't eggs, their coconuts. That's the whole point. They mislead trainers trying to assume who don't know their a plant type.

Here's their design for a frog, though. The first design they ever had to represent frogs. A poorly traced over Airman robot master that has Mickey Mouse Gloves, but never does anything remotely cartoony.

Polywag is Great. It's a great start for the evolution line. And a Tadpole becoming a frog is a classic for pokemon evolution, right up there with butterfree. But instead of actually evolving it into something froglike, they just attach arms to it and make it slightly angrier.
They even waste 3 evolution stages on this goddamn travesty. Look at polywrath for a moment. This is supposed to be a stage 3 evolution. This barely looks more threatening than a squirtle.

This isn't just a bad design. This is a bad design that represents everything potentially wrong with a bad Gen 1 design. If polywrath had been designed in gen 3, or 4, or even 5, all the extra bells and whistles that come from those eras would be a vast improvement from what we actually got.

That's my number 3 favorite Pokemon there mother fucker.

yes

youre a master of karate!

You've shit taste

I think that last one looks pretty good.

well they always put more effort into the legendaries, some would say its overdesigned but those are just memeheaded fools

Who's Artix?

Correct.

Literally every single 3DPD render since gen 6 happened. 2D was objectively superior and there was no reason to change at all.

Guy who did Adventure Quest, Dragon Quest etc.
His idea of 'cool' was to put more spikes on everything.

his pauldrons are ultros

Too lazy to redo that, I'll just post the pictures

Oh my god I remember DragonQuest… the amount of hours, no days I spent on that…

Reminder that Emerald was the peak of the series

You will now get a dozen replies from people shitposting at you.

Unique typing and based off legends. Haunted stone possessed by a spiral spirit.

It holds a special place in my heart for the league champion in diamond/pearl for carrying embargo, that fucked with item spammers

Here is some bait to keep the thread going

I've realized lately that Fakemon is the true future of pokemon. Gamefreak/nintendo pokemon is nothing but gutter trash thanks to gen 6, which was a strong nail in the coffin. RPGmaker pokemon games are more to look forward to than sun and moon or anything else official, that's the state of the franchise.

Thanks user, 3rd and 4th pic will make great bait in the future. Dunno why you posted the second image if you were trying to bait though.

DON'T CROSS THAT LINE, NIGGER

Also the "I'm a land mine" line sounds badass, not silly. I still get the gist of it, even though I hated Gen V, for gameplay purposes mostly but still.

As someone who had a Mienshao named after him in a buddy's Nuzlocke, I'm flattered to share a name with this badass. Ingame it wrecks shit, competitively it wrecks shit or at LEAST gets free damage.

Mega Garchomp's face there almost looks like Waluigi

Honestly we could all argue endlessly about which designs are pretty or ugly, but the worst kind of design is when they make a new pokemon to fit staple like the "regional bird", "the simple fish", "the pika clone" or generally very similar designs like the lions from Arcanine,to Entei, to Pyroar, to the abomination that is Solgaleo

No they are not, because all the romhacks are only trying to imitate pokemon and occasionally attempt to be more "mature" and "hard"
On the contrary, what the pokemon franchise needs is innovation which only GF can provide but with usually questionable results, if it ever attempts it.

Bait that works both ways for maximum profit

Yes, they are. There was not a single salvageable part of the entirety of gen 6, and gen 7 will likely follow the trend. They are pure fucking gutter trash, and not even worth pirating. GF games don't even feel like pokemon anymore, funny enough. Fangames have co-opted it and are doing it better.

arcanine is a dog

But they took the worst of 1st gen can compared it to the coolest of- OOOOHHHHHH right, right. Saved.

The only good thing about Pokemon is the porn.

pokemon has always had best girls

No Pokemon has a bad design

Please leave, reddit

You have .7k pokemon to choose from, and you pick the same-face girls?

/thread
go home people.

sometimes pokemon are best girls too

FIxed the piece of shit.

You spelled Crystal wrong.

Solgaleo looks like a god damn digimon. There are digimon less overdesigned.

It's so subtle and it makes a world of difference. I still think the dividing line between the heads and body/arms is pretty awful, but you did a stellar job user.

check this out

Oh, sweet.

It's a mimic like in other RPG's from when it was just another RPG with multiplayer elements

Unfortunately people use that argument to justify all object-copy pokemon, forgetting that items in pokemon literally appeared as pokeballs on the ground.

Past Voltorb it's dumb, they don't even look like the item ball.
Like there was a Mushroom one I remember and it looked obviously not a pokemon it just has a pokeball shape.

I didn't have a problem with a mushroom, but I agree the pokeball shape on them is a little odd. Then you've got keys, gears, icecream… Magnemite looks like something out of a spare parts heap, but the new ones are literally just the object.

Having a giant vampire bat to symbolize the moon is pretty cool. If the sun legendary really isn't fire type that's fucking retarded. Also the sun legendary isn't poorly designed, but why would you make another fire-lion pokemon?

Mega zards is the only good looking mega

Nah, Rotom is cool. It's a lighthearted attempt at a ghost pokemon that you can't take seriously. The electric type makes sense because it possesses household appliances to mildly inconvenience you.

The real issue is that They didn't make 1 Magnetite like Pokemon with a triple version each gen that by gen 6 they all combined into one legendary tier pokemon and the reason no one will see it because each is native too 1 gen, make it's entry the last one too so they couldn't even seemingly be hinted by it till at least gen 7

Your nostalgia is showing faggot, I pity your kind

The only comparison you can draw between magnemite and the later pokemon is the later ones combine into 3, so they have about as much in common with magnemite as they do Dodrio.

What did he mean with this?

he wants a chimera metagross with 3 bird heads, 3 magnetic eyes, 3 tumblrnosed dicks, etc

Feels good, man

Nah man.

Gen 2 & 3 are okay. Everything after is cancer for sure though.

Odd gens always have really, really questionable designs. SM is looking to follow that pattern.

Should gamefreak start hiring fakemon designers?

This was a legendary pokemon in the beta, they decided to gene splice this freak of nature and turn it into Suicune and Raiku

Didn't someone figure out the 'bad' pokemon are ones no fur fag wants to fuck?

Latias was blaziken was just one pokemon

Not gonna lie, I like Fullenglish.

Hey come on guys, pokemon is for everyone. Look, I've made you a compromise. Here's Poliwrath from gen 5 with all the bells and whistles attached like you want.

Needs wings.

don't talk shit, mudsdale is sexy

I know who you are

Was there some reason I'm missing as to why they gave Blaziken pubes?
I'm not complaining, and I'm not saying the design is bad. But it doesn't seem like furbait the way Lopunny or Lucario were, so I don't see why they made that decision.

Do you have the one with "we want the MLP audience"?

Probably because it would look weird without it. There wouldn't be as much distinguishing the legs from each other.

I found B&W pretty meh, but oddly enough I really liked the sequel for some reason.

This treatment should be given to more gen one pokemon.

They should've never went beyond the first 150 pokemons or whatver it was. All of them was memorable, there was a lot of them and some were rare and hard to catch.

Just make different stories instead of rehashing them for every game, but with indefinately shittier creatures for each game. Tried out the Silver game some time ago and man, you can see the decline already there with shitty hieroglyph-pokemons and questionable designs for some. Some look way too childish and out of place compared with the original ones.

Because the sequel was a big improvement?

Because the sequel is probably the pokemon game with the biggest amount of fun content?
Also, play Drayano's romhacks for B&W2, volt white and blaze black 2.
Pretty much the best pokemon games ever made

genwunners, when will they ever learn?

pretty much, though I was surprised just how much they could improve it. I couldn't even finish Black I was so bored with it.

the download for them just finished. I'm finishing up a run of yellow, then going to jump to Heart Gold. After that I'll give this romhack a go. Thanks for the recommendation.

… well shit, might have spoken too soon. Looks like I can't download the roms for whatever reasons. The emuparadise links seem to be fucked up.

If anyone has the roms, or better yet the hacked roms and wouldn't mind uploading them I'd really appreciate it.

Screencaps are bugged for my computer and the page refreshed, so won't be exact. Plus I swapped some around because I disagreed with placements:

1. MUK
2. Espeon
3. Turtwig
4. Geodude, because pic related
5-10. I have no idea, I know there was Sliggoo, Golurk, maybe Ducklett, maybe Ekans, maybe Torterra, maybe Piplup/Empoleon.

Pokemon designs got bad the moment you couldn't tell them apart from digimon.
In all honesty, you could tell because the lower level pokemon had style, but weren't over designed, and digimon would go nuts with colors and patterns.
This little shit looks like an adorable rookie digimon, and that speaks volumes about the actual work.

It's bait

I'm 99% sure one of them were in my top 10.

Tell me with a straight face you can't see Galvantula and Tentomon being from the same continuity.

Tentomon is way more detailed, fuck off, retard.

If they made the back entirely yellow on the top and removed the sidemost tufts of blue (leaving the back blue tufts) then Galvantula would look much cleaner

Because spiders look clean and duochromatic, right?

Haha, wow.

Actually no. Look at these old Digimon designs and try to compare them with the new Pokemon. They aren't that similar.

Here you go.
mega.nz/#!utxCQCza!Duu7lWO4VOmfkeYjatmfVTjBGnAtyhaj4AmEss2Bkl4

Man, I wanna play Digimon World again.

I'm actually finding doing this shit is a lot of fun.

Because spiders shoot lightning, right?

Galvantula's actually a Tarantula. most Tarantulas have little colour in them. They ARE covered in hairs, though.

But if it wasn't yellow, how would we know it shoots lightning?

Heh.

Nidoking is poison type, you dumbass.

The entire point of that pokemon is it's supposed confuse people into thinking it's grass

how did I do?

Shit taste tbh fam.

Shit, thought it was just ground.

Nah, the pre-evos are actually pure poison. they gain the ground type in the -king/-queen stages.

It's time to stop playing pokemon.

are my tastes better or worse for gen 2 pokemon?

better

Rate my taste.

fite me

his evolved form is like a million times better
otherwise good

Ow the edge

Cranidos is there because I had to choose either Rampardos or Torterra. Rampardos will forever be best fossil.

What kind of edge are we talking about?

Literal sharp edges and spikes.

I've always had a liking of hard/armored designs. That's why there's no Gen 2 pokemon in my top ten, they all look too soft.

crobat is gen 2 you wonk

Shit, I'm retarded, I thought he was gen 3.

I had a friend who didn't know Skarmory was a gen 2 Pokemon until I told him. Probably because not many people knew where Skarmory was in gen 2. At least in my area.

More like they're just shitters who bought Gold over Silver

Palpitoad is ok, although he should've had an evolution.

Are you saying that because you hate it or did you forget?

Seismitoad isn't that bad.

all of them
/thread
(You)
sage

Fragile piece of shit Swampert knock-off. He deserved a better type than
4x
GRASS
WEAKNESS
when so many trainers were packing a grass move near the end. Tympole, however you spell it, was a cute though

Seismitoad isn't that bad, but when your only competition is Swampert, yeah, you're gonna appear unimpressive.

Cacterado is one of my favorites.

ROTOM IS THE BEST OF THE “CUTE” SERIES OF POKEMON

Shit, you're even worse than Seismitoad, no wonder I forgot about you.

That's Sachiel.

If it makes you feel better, I also forgot about Gastrodon and Whisccash.
Because they suck.

Unaware gives him an actually decent niche though. Doesn't fit into how I play competitively, but people can make Quagsire work.

Plus he wasn't even in BW1 :^)

i like the evangelion one

btw what happened to the pokemon sage dudes? are they still on it?

Fuck you man I loved Gastrodon. Was in my top 10.

I go for type diversity but because I thought Shellos was a pre-evolution of Lapras and because he grew on me, I made an exception and took Empoleon and Gastrodon with me to fuck up Cynthia. That's right fucker.

I want to know the reasoning behind this.
Shellos and Gastrodon were acually supposed to appear in gen 3 but were cut.

It's okay, user. We each have our own shitty pokemon we like.
For example, I'm partial to Vanilluxe. I don't even like ice pokemon.

Just a random hunch, not even gonna lie.

Ice is a good type you fuck.

Ice pokemon are cool, but they are almost universally garbage.

awesome, thanks a lot!

and sorry for not saying it earlier. I fell asleep pretty early last night.