Nihon Falcom thread, aka Ys VIII week

Ys VIII is out in Japan!

Stream footage, early in game: youtube.com/watch?v=mAyk6PdWSYI&t=21m25s

Ys VIII -Lacrimosa of DANA- Original Soundtrack mini: youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzFTGYa_evXgG8m6ulXj9E5gUDpg_HR6q

Tokyo Xanadu eX+ announced

gematsu.com/2016/06/tokyo-xanadu-ex-first-details-screenshots

Aksys set to localize Tokyo Xanadu on Steam and Vita: gematsu.com/2016/07/tokyo-xanadu-coming-north-america-ps-vita-pc-2017

• • • • • • • • • •

==XSEED's bringing Xanadu Next to GOG and Steam this Summer==: archive.is/GMAPj
SteamDB updates: steamdb.info/app/312560/history/

Latest interview with Falcom's President Toshihiro Kondo, range of questions answered for games old and new: archive.is/VGbzg

Kondo wants to bring some version of Ys VI: Ark of Napishtim to PS4: gematsu.com/2016/06/falcom-wants-release-ys-vi-ps4

• • • • • • • • • •

==Falcom music pastebin==: pastebin.com/G2mswYCt

Playlist suggestions—

-Perfect Collection Ys I·II Complete Works of Ryo Yonemitsu: youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzFTGYa_evXhif0pY8xPVq1s6c7r-58h4

-Zwei!! Original Soundtrack: youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzFTGYa_evXhMT0bBXQAEQTSZXABBuv6J

-Falcom Music Chronicle Special CD :youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzFTGYa_evXjK0ZQVRbXrcr99WMEIf4hx

-Symphony Ys: youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzFTGYa_evXg3M_ZZLl_rRu5TcNaHMR3-

-Revival Xanadu 2 Game Soundtrack: youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzFTGYa_evXgE7ekOuFTCe0KCGyi3LE60

-Falcom Special Box '91: youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzFTGYa_evXhO0DL6wOtcqWXE7WCWeaUp

-Mona² (Monarch Monarch) Unused MIDI Collection: youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzFTGYa_evXgCyPTJtsdU8BtYbDpeCH35

-Messa!! Chiisana Takarabako (doujin arrangements): youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzFTGYa_evXhVJb6hGgtoFM236G4SoGZg

-Falcom Field Zanmai: youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzFTGYa_evXjjebj3DmWdBUbDsZ0AJxiM

-Music From Brandish 3: youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzFTGYa_evXgZWGNqHQGNSlXZneFNgtp0

-Ys: The Oath in Felghana jdk Special: youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzFTGYa_evXhDhhBQdmGt8EUomnBdCHn7

-Falcom jdk Band 2008 Spring: youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzFTGYa_evXhlCb7z6Z72AQR9BhyIjOK3

-The Legend of Heroes: Sora no Kiseki the 3rd Original Sound Track: youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzFTGYa_evXijfBRSwfg4GI4jxwSL2p5K

Go Fight!!!

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/IvpDq
gematsu.com/2016/07/falcom-ceo-thinking-making-legend-heroes-trails-cold-steel-iii-ps4-exclusive
otaku-shrine.net23.net/falcom/eiyuu_densetsu_6_fc/legend_of_heroes_fc_system.html
youtube.com/watch?v=lOmCre9RZlc
vgchartz.com/game/71318/ys-memories-of-celceta/
forum.marvelous-usa.com/forum/index.php?threads/little-kings-story-pc-general-discussion.28309/page-2#post-928004
g.e-hentai.org/g/191611/5423578882/
dlsite.com/soft/circle/profile/=/maker_id/VG01562.html
twitter.com/HProtagonista/status/760239239825088512
trailsofcoldsteel.com/cs2/
trailsofcoldsteel.com/cs2/memoirs1.html
twitter.com/Gu4n/status/760791124265013248
xseedgames.com/forum/index.php?threads/little-kings-story-pc-general-discussion.28309/page-2#post-928232
buildbot.libretro.com/nightly/playstation/vita/
youtube.com/watch?v=YTKMr8yc3U0
youtube.com/watch?v=BZti5JaF2IE
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I am weak.

tell me OP? the nips hate it? its shit? low sales?

It sold out of it's initial shipment on Amazon.co.jp. When I put my order in, it was back-ordered until next weekend.

I probably won't get the mini-CD but oh well.

Waiting for my copy to arrive, and I was told that it would be here this morning, but still nothing. I don't even know why I'm going to play it, I barely know any Japanese.

As a side note, I recently found out that Brandish is indirectly the reason Undertale exist. I don't know how I feel about that.

hoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooly shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit that's ace Unisuga shredding

Too early to tell.

I've heard bosses go down quicker (as do you), the music's a welcome improvement over Celceta, loading's common but quick, Dana episodes appear infrequently…little bursts of info. And I can't be bothered to skim 2ch for more.

Just one of many games that influenced it. I doubt Falcom would reciprocate.

Everything I've seen says that it's much better than Celceta, so if nothing else it's an improvement.

This waltz reminds me of Leone Fredrick Richter, and it's better.

It needed to best Celceta. The question is, can it match or overtake Seven? This game's likeliest to suffer from density problems, but that's forgivable if the story's more interesting, and the premise is my favorite of both games so far.

I KNEW BRANDISH WAS DEAD FOR A REASON

Man, listening to the soundtrack this has got to be my favorite Falcom soundtrack in a while.

Opening area theme. Ys VIII spares no expense in getting you pumped up to explore.

Brandish is forever, nothing can Under-mine it.

It feels like Takahiro Unisuga is really in control now, so many of the uploaded tracks, right before they loop, feature his signature minor-key resolution(s) like the one in Fateful Confrontation. But even the tracks he probably didn't make are great.

This is just me being paranoid, but… why is Falcom posting Yunica so much?

Pretty sure Ys: Origin's 10th anniversary is this year.

C'mon Falcom, release a Japanese XSEED's version of the Ys games, it's not that hard. You only need to activate Steam's region block and change the script. Don't come with excuses such as "it would sell under 2K", you need to start promoting your games on Steam if you ever want to sell another PC game.

I am so fucking glad I ordered when I did. My copy arrives on the 2nd or the 3rd, but apparently they're backed up until the next print run now. Holy shit.

Hoping this means I'll get that damn mini-OST.

THEY JUST POSTED HUGO ON TWITTER IT MUST MEAN SOMETHING

NO BECAUSE IT WAS RELEASED AT THE EVRY END OF THE YEAR, THERE'S STILL LIKE 5 MONTHES LEFT

Also pic related is Arteria.

Ys: Origin vita ver. when

Didn't Kondo say something about wanting to bring Ark to PS4? Maybe they're considering doing the same with Origin and Oath. I'd buy that shit.

He did. I think it would be great if they released PS4 Ys titles with the 3D games and I & II. They should change a few things here and there about those (like Ark) to improve the experiences, but I hope those changes come as well to the Western PC versions.

LOL

おお~。。。。。。!

A wood theme from Ys VIII, not related to Master Expand Dong.

I have to wonder why they're gun-shy about building a Japanese Steam audience. DLSite and other digital providers are their main gateway for selling their older games, but testing sales performance for Japanese XSEED versions of their PC games can't hurt. Knowing anything it would take less than a month of on-and-off work.

Getting all the mid-2000s Ys games onto PS4/Vita as a group might be what they're aiming for, based on XSEED's versions.

I'd rebuy the Napishtim-engine Ys games on PS4, if they had some extra goodies.

Can't wait to see more of these qts

archive.is/IvpDq

Toshihiro Kondo, Falcom President: “It may be so, but it doesn’t mean our challenging spirit from the past has gone away. Just the other day in an interview with employees we had people say ‘I’d like to make a smartphone app’ and ‘I’d like to make Magical Alisa into a game,’ so we all have our own unique ideas.”

“Sorcerian. I’ve been saying it for about half a year. I’ve been trying to think what we can do with it in today’s era. Other than that, there are many other platforms such as PSVR that I’d like to challenge as well.

“We’re currently going all out in its advancement. We’re planning on actually getting things started this summer, but we’ve already finished up with some of the base parts. New models for Rean and the others are already done.”

“However, we’re still contemplating about hardware, since the Trails series does have many PS Vita users. We are currently in the middle of considering whether we should make it exclusive to PS4 or have it support cross-platform with PS Vita.”

“The protagonist and story summary has already been decided. As for which characters will appear, please look forward to it.

Better source:

gematsu.com/2016/07/falcom-ceo-thinking-making-legend-heroes-trails-cold-steel-iii-ps4-exclusive

Holy shit, Ys VIII is such a huge step up from Celceta.

They fixed so many issues with this game, I love it. My only problem is the amount of invisible walls when jumping.

Gotta love Falcom's engrish.

Woods of Elevated Coral Reef sounds like a very exciting location.

Never change, Falcom.

Falcom had an infamous one in Zero, with a news paper saying "Name and reality starts having bothbell autonomy sta esof assembly leaders of assembly s of the empire sect."

Cave of Drop is better if you ask me.

That… did they mean Cave of Water Droplets? I don't even get how they got this. A literal translation would be something like "Cave of the Sound of Water"

I always wonder why it seems like Japanese game companies never run their English by anyone. It's rare that I see decent English but it's nice when I do.

They probably assumed that drop and droplet mean the same thing. Still, don't know how they got that though. I know someone at Falcom lived in Texes for a few years. Don't know why they don't ask him to do a simple translation for this stuff.

Maybe it has something to do with pride, I don't know.

Yup. That's the reason why you can order stuff from them using simple English, and why they sometimes tweet stuff in English.

Also, early FC screenshots that someone posted on twitter. Funny how Joshua was once a red head.

Nice, I love seeing stuff from earlier on in a game's development.

So would he have been the Red Fang?

WHO THE FUCK ARE THOSE PLAYABLE CHARACTERS

I don't know if that's more or less edgy then the being called the Black Fang.

I'm guessing it's prototype Anelace, Kurt, Grant, and the blue haired chick who's name I forgot.

For some reason I thought the blue haired one might be the main character from LoH3 recreated in the Trails engine for testing purposes.

Still need to play that game.

Looking at the model, you might be right.

GAGHARV CONNECTION CONFIRMED

I wonder if those models/character can still be found on the game.

Also it looks like a lot of early info was posted here, but the site is dead. If anyone could browse this, it could have a lot of interesting atuff.

>otaku-shrine.net23.net/falcom/eiyuu_densetsu_6_fc/legend_of_heroes_fc_system.html

Maybe they considered having the Gagharv trilogy be a part of Kiseki, but ended up going against the idea? I still wanna know who the other characters are suppose to be. Their designs pop out way too much, when compared to everyone else. Although the forth screenshot seems to have a prototype Zane all the way in the back f the party.

I doubt this could help, but this is the very first FC trailer ever released: youtube.com/watch?v=lOmCre9RZlc

Notice how some characters are in palces they shouldn't, and some changes tot he AT bar.

Ys VIII is getting a PS4 release.

I couldn't make out anything for the AT bar, but I did notice Agate fighting a Capua in the trailer. And both Oliver and Kloe we're fighting together in a sewer, which never happens once.

What kind of airship is this?

You know that still means the graphic are going to look like they belong on the Vita, right? It happened with Cold Steel and I'm pretty sure it'll happen again with Ys. Unless Falcom is taking those extra few months to work on the graphics.

Maybe they're tick marks or something similar. I can't tell what it's suppose to be.

Poor Zane didn't even show up.

Pretty sure the guy went to UTA and now does PR at Falcom. I wonder how he's doing.

Yeah, that model's a dead ringer for Julio.

More likely, they had a bunch of concept pre-rendered 3D sprites ready to use in-game for testing, and Julio was the baseline for Joshua. I don't remember he and Chris being playable in VM Japan, but maybe they were modeled for that game or another project.

For all we know it could have influenced Slayers.

New music this time, from the "Titis" area. We now know the new arranger brought aboard for Tokyo Xanadu did some work on this game (plus Jindo), otherwise it's credited as Unisuga/Sonoda even though another person, Atsume Hashimoto, was working at Sound Team jdk before she left recently. I suspect she'll be credited for work on Sen III.

I think this NPC suppose to be genderbent Osborn, since they look a little bit too much alike. I also managed to defeat a Lv 42 enemy, but Falcom didn't want me to and it just revived itself after I killed it. No idea what a Roded Valley is.

FUCK YOU

Fucking vgchartz

vgchartz.com/game/71318/ys-memories-of-celceta/

Just import it. It's not like anyone plays Ys for the story.

Vgchartz makes everything up on the fly. Makes you wonder why they even bother running the site.

Are you ok? Did you just hit your head?

The writing and lore are a nice bonus, but this isn't Kiseki. The story is the least important part of any Ys game, it's all about that gameplay. If the writing means that much to you, then just wait for the NA release.

Hope you enjoy playing the best Ys game. The boss battles in this game are insanely good.

Damnit, user - don't put my expectations so damn high!

That's a bold claim. Better bosses than Origin's?

I forgot to add a spoiler, sorry.

Anyways, I take back what I said about the story of Ys. I wish I fully understood what they were saying, because things just got really good.

The previous boss I just fought was a psycho with razor wire. All of their attacks slowly inflict a status aliment that is pretty much insta-death no matter how much you grind. Their attacks are all pretty swift, and some have the potential to hit you several times, causing insta-death. They can spread wire all over the area forcing you to jump over them like crazy, while you avoid their onslaught. In the second phase they start attacking you with tornadoes made of wire that chase you all over the area. They do all of this and laugh like a manic throughout the entire fight. So I would say yes.

Gonna speculate and say that XSEED's Nick (who worked on CS then jumped to an unnanounced game) is working on Zero and Azure. From his twitter:

02/08:

03/11:

This whole timing can't be a coincidence.

Kris, one of the other employees that worked on CS II, is working on Akiba's Beat right now, or maybe he's done with the game already. No idea about the other employees. Does anyone know anything about other XSEED employees? I guess Hatsuu is involved. You know, they need at least two people to translate a Trails games.

I don't think he's working on Zero. I remember Hastuu getting mad at people for demanding they work on Zero and telling them they're not going to work on three Kiseki games at once.

I have to add something that "every XSEED project I've been on has taken months from when I started to be officially announced" matches perfectly when working on a Trails game by obvious reasons. It happened with CS. What non-Trails game have huge scropts that XSEED could be translating by now?

Also if those unnanounced apps aren't updated in a long time, that could be taken as another proof as well.

Thanks for the info. But that could be like that time when Floofy asked Hatsuu if they were working on CS and she said no, which was used as a "confirmation" that XSEED wasn't working on CS.

Technically Hastuu wasn't working on Cold Steel, so that wasn't a lie. And I know Hatsuu still goes on rant about how she want the series to sell so they can bring over Zero and Ao, and I doubt they're going to work on Zero without her involvement/

Ah, sorry, it was if XSEED was working on CS, not if it was hatsuu.

Also I'm quite happy to see everyone having so much fun with Ys VIII after Celcet'as being a bit mediocre for Ys standards. Can't wait to play it… early 2017, I guess?

YS VIII USES THE BUMP SYSTEM

BEST YS EVER MADE CONFIRMED

Ys VIII arrived.

Congrats, I hope your dog enjoys it too.

I want to rub his/her belly.

explain

EXPLAIN

You can get a piece of equipment that lets you hurt enemies by dashing (rolling once, then holding the button) into them. It doesn't hurt anywhere near as much as regular combos and skills, but maybe on New Game+ you could technically play this game using the bump system.

Embed related

Nice

Fug. That's cool. Stop making me want to import.

heh

do it faget

That's fucking cool.

Fuck off, my brain

KEK

I'm getting impatient for a Cold Steel 2 release date

10/10. How's the platforming?

Now that LKS is finally out for PC, they could port some other games as well to PC…

How about give us a Xanadu Next release date already?

Yes, I know there is a fan translation already but I want to see how the xseed version stacks up.

The dialogue options in Ys VIII are great.

You're missing out. At the beginning of the game you're asked if anyone on the boat seems suspicious and you can answer "everyone here looks suspicious."

The dialogue options were perfect on Celceta. Can't wait to see VIII's

Where did you fags order the game from? Jap Amazon?

Honestly I can't blame Falcom too much for this.

The really inexcusable stuff is from companies that have English branches with full time translators and the game is likely to be translated.

The shit Falcom translates themselves is great.

Honestly, that one is pretty good. It's just missing an article.

forum.marvelous-usa.com/forum/index.php?threads/little-kings-story-pc-general-discussion.28309/page-2#post-928004

OH SHIT MORE PC PORTS INCOMING I TOLD YOU BRO

Yeah, Amazon.co.jp.

Have any of you used Yahoo Auctions? Been thinking of picking up stuff like Zero Evo on there since they're a good deal cheaper used. I don't know how expensive the shipping and all that bullshit would be though.

Depends on the third party site you use

Falcom's English catch-copy evolved over time. The best examples are the description blurbs for each Gagharv story, which are a little awkward but make grammatical sense and lengthy.

Don't have the game yet, but jumping's used to spice up combat a lot vs. Seven/Celceta.

It's not out yet, and for all we know it could bomb leaving the dream dead. So let's keep cool and get the word out about its release if necessary.

All I know is Tom sent my suggestions down the line, so there may or may not be stuff like a fixed enlarged mini-map for HD resolutions, or a way to view your in-game History log externally via .txt. file.

Seems a bit premature for him to say this. I don't doubt he's got ideas for more ports coming up, but LKS needs to do good numbers or we'll be stuck with another Half-Minute Hero situation.

Know any good ones?

Where are those pictures from? Some art book?

We live in a cruel world where Genesis Beyond the Beginning remixes get less views and fellatio than monster-of-the-week Mega Man X stuff.

Falcom History Legend of Illustration: g.e-hentai.org/g/191611/5423578882/

Aw dang. Thanks for the link though, I'll have to save those later.

So DLsite has a big sale, and all of Falcom's games are 50% off:
dlsite.com/soft/circle/profile/=/maker_id/VG01562.html
Do their older games go on sale often? I'm thinking about starting the Gagharv trilogy, anything else good on there? I've already played most of the games translated to English.

Why do you guys like the games of this company?
They just look like generic jrpg games. It's just bland.
I can't imagine why this has a cult following.

Jumping is only there to make areas more interesting, and platforming is pretty much none existent.

A new favorite of mine is "Mountain pass with a fine view". Overall, most of their translations have actually been pretty good, with a few exceptions.

I won't be able to get it for a couple weeks anyway, so I hope the vita gets blown open soon. :^)

Maybe you should play one? I didn't know what Falcom was either until I decided to try out TitS.

These games are pretty far from mainstream gaming though. But if you're into JRPGs Falcom is god.

bump

I swear to god, I keep loving Ys VIII more the more I play it.

Ys VIII level cap is over 60 and I'm seeing enemies with levels going up to 87. I think that's the first time this ever happened.

Told you it was the best Ys. What do you think of the bosses so far?

They're hectic as shit. Also, you didn't warn me that it would turn into a Tower Defense every now and then.

Falcom keep talking about it, so I thought you knew already.

I love those parts, because it's pretty much Ys at it's core. Kill a bunch of enemies in quick succession and feel good about it when everything is dead.

Some of the 3rd Evo arranges sound good, others not so much. It's not as polished and conservative as FC Evo, nor as dumbly divergent as SC Evo. I just wish 3rd had a Super Arrange album to get around this.

In other news…

twitter.com/HProtagonista/status/760239239825088512

Expecting a release date announcement sometime very soon.

I was very confused for a minute. I thought "Why would they be unable to play them after half a year?"

FUCK YOU

Reminder that Cold Steel is a piece of shit that only redditors, yuricucks, and other meme lovers enjoyed. Make a trail of blood on your wrists if you disagree.

Also when will Ys Origin get an English release on literally anything other than Steam?

Please, try harder next time

AW SHIT NIGGER I JUST POSTED A FISH AND A HOOK! I FUCKING WHIPPED YOUR ASS

It's time to stop posting, yuricuck.

Remember the lesbian that's implied to have raped quite a few students?

Ys Origin is DRM-free on both Humble and GOG.

Good to know, thanks! I never finished it before I uninstalled Steam, this will be rad.

Cold Steel II website is up.
trailsofcoldsteel.com/cs2/

I just found a cave with a bunch of shark-frogs that fling themselves at you and inflict poison. I found a room with 5 chests and a bunch of material spawns… there's another direction I could've gone besides the cave, too.

Not to mention, the only reason I managed to get here this early is because I found someone while exploring some areas I hadn't fully mapped yet. In an area that you're originally quickly shooed out of because of a GIANT FUCKING DINOSAUR roaming around, I found a cave under a waterfall that was a mini-dungeon that had a Location Point at the end of it.

GodDAMN I love this game. The game is so fucking good looking on the Vita, and it runs so well too. This is easily my GOTY so far!

Yeah, have fun!

trailsofcoldsteel.com/cs2/memoirs1.html

Has anyone played Dawn of Ys on PSP/Vita? Apparently it's not as simple as downloading the rom and a homebrew emulator. :^) I saw that you can inject the rom into a PSP game that Hudson made, has anyone done that?

Has anyone made some good Falcom 3DS custom themes or at least know where I can have someone make one? I'd really like a Zwei!! theme but I don't know the first thing about photo editing to make everything look nice.

Compared to the other Ys on Vita, how is it? I'm talking about Memories of Celceta(sp?), the one about a forest that makes you forget shit, and it's a party-based Ys. That's all I remember, I didn't really like it that much.

It took me a full week of playing non-stop to beat Ys VIII and my playtime was a little over 50 hours. It was really great almost all the way through and I'm wondering how Falcom is going to top this game.

Reading that makes me wonder if they originally planned to have Ymir in CS I, but couldn't for whatever reason. A shame too, because there were so many great lines, and important events going on in Ymir.

I wrote a little bit about how much better it is then Celceta here
Another thing they massively improved was the dungeon and field designs, so they no longer feel like hallways, or way too vast for their own good.

RetroArch is available for the Vita, but the PCE core isn't ported over yet.

I think it was more "hugged tightly all nightly" than fingerbanging, though.

I'm only about 16 hours in myself - I'm loving the shit out of this game. I'm really excited for the PS4 release now, too.

What part are you at? I think about 16 hours in I found Hummel and finished a dungeon with him.

Wish I could get it. The frame rates get really bad at the base and in a few areas about midway through the game. Thankfully, game speed isn't based on frames, so everything doesn't slow down at least.

The final boss was spoiled for me this way. I really shouldn't have been listening to all the music early on.

Does any of you own the Ys VIII special edition?

I need someone to take the travelogue / adventure diary and scan the very last page. It says that after Greek, Adol travels to Barencia… and something more. If you wouldn't mind…

I don't have it, but you could always try asking this guy. He helps with translating supplementary material for anything Falcom related, so I'm pretty sure he'll scan it for you.
twitter.com/Gu4n/status/760791124265013248

Thanks I needed some bait.

Star Trader has some good music, like this character theme (arranged, but it sounds decent in FM). A remake would be interesting.

Wish the Online Updater would let you install the accurate Mednafen PC Engine core, not just the fast one.

Guan's busy with translation work for Endless History and the Brandish 2 Renewal English patch. I think he'll seriously look at the LE extra after finishing the game.

I got the game to work in PCE for PSP and PSP Hugo, but PSP Hugo doesn't have sound and PCE for PSP won't play the game through VHBL.

Nevermind, I got it to work in PCE for PSP with a different version of the emulator. The intro doesn't have audio, but the game itself does. I don't know.

I will play it, but I'd love for a definitive version with better shooting and the adventuring part removed from Takeru's X68k version. They skipped this game in favor of Dinosaur back when they regularly did non-Ys remakes, too.

I am talking about Dawn of Ys, not Star Trader. I was responding to

Finally started playing as Dana, around 17 hours in. How far am I into the game?

With Vita hacking picking up, what are the chances that people could put the original music back into Zero and Ao Evo?

That should be pretty easy, really.

Would it be easy to switch between them? I do want to experience the original music but I also want access to the Evo music if I want a change of pace. Really liked that sort of thing in Brandish and Ys Chronicles.

That would be harder.

Darn. Maybe I could mod in the original music for my first playthrough then go back to the Evo music for NG+?

About 20~30% through the game so far. I think the midway point is an underwater boss fight.

You got a source on the Vita hacking?

I haven't been following it too closely actually since I'm waiting for more to build up around it before I start using it. Look up Henkaku and you should find a good amount of stuff about it.

Yeah, there doesn't seem to be too much going for it right now, but I'm gonna make sure I don't update my Vita from now on.

Apparently the next Ys game is going to be set in Greek and it's again going to be placed before Ys VI.

Ys VIII also has two endings, one true and one false, but no one knows what triggers the false ending. I manged to get the true ending, but I think it has something to do with not saving everyone, or not doing the hidden Dana sidequests.

Romn when?

Moon when?

North pole when?

:^)

ALEN SMITHY’S GRAVEYARD

I wish new Falcom games came with developer rooms. Does Sony not allow that or something?

>thought it was weird that Adol didn't get a Dana dream outside the Capital City ruins
>mfw the crystal started glowing

OH SHIT

Be sure to go off the beaten path during the dream and do a little sidequest. Then go back into the forest when you wake up as Adol and go to the once dried up river to find a treasure chest

Yeah, I actually saw that sidequest while working my way to the main quest point. I don't know where exactly the dried up river was, though. Whatever, I'll find it.

I'm guessing from this point I can switch between the timelines by using the crystals?

The dried up river is right where you first saw the cute baby dinosaur. Also, from now on, every time you play as Dana through the crystals there will be two sidequests for you to do.

You can jump from Adol to Dana using the crystals, yes. Although it's only certain crystals and mostly to advance the plot or going back to do a missed sidequest as Dana.

>cute dinosaur

Being blood thirsty doesn't make it any less cute.

Neat. I guess I should send it his way.

Fair enough.

I should transfer some more of my screenshots over.

I, uh, I'm not even going to comment about the shit I just saw happen between Ricotta's dad and Hummel.

My nip wasn't good enough to understand what they were saying, but I knew it was hilarious when I saw those Hummel sparkles from doing a successful delivery.

T sent a message in a bottle asking for someone to deliver some pickles to him. Hummel found the bottle, and over a year later gives him the pickles.

I love how the rest of the party is just as confused as the player undoubtedly is.

So that green jar he handed over really was a jar of pickles after all. That whole part sounds like something out of a cartoon, I love it.

Hummel is a treasure that we should all cherish.

How much was the shipping?

I wish these threads were more active, probably when aksys announces the localization of YsVIII and the localization of Trails of Cold Steel

s-stop

worst part is that it's not even XSEED's fault, the blame is entirely on Falcom

All I can do at this point is pray Tokyo Xanadu gets a localization on par with Muramasa Rebirth and not like everything else Aksys does.

Nice, dusty canyon theme from Ys VIII.

Mother of Eldeen, what's your evidence Aksys will do this when XSEED has first dibs on Falcom games? Tom's not at liberty to discuss exactly why they skipped Toxanadu, but XSEED's much less likely to skip a tentpole Ys game. It's their bread and butter, and they are slowly commissioning PC ports of their games now. Their 2016 slate's big already, and they're only able to ask for permission to work on Falcom's games as soon as they've released in Japan. As for Falcom, I know President Kondo wants to push PC, but I think we'll have to wait and see how Toxanadu does on Steam before speculating if Falcom's gonna dump XSEED because they're slower to commission ports.

Likeliest scenario, XSEED translates the Vita script which Ys VIII PS4 reuses.

I have none

We getting a PC port, maybe?

someday…

HMMMMMMMM

Maybe they'll see our double dubs and be impressed with our repeating digits?

Is there any game that's harder than Ys Origin on Nightmare difficulty? Good god it takes a hell of a lot of trial and error for boss fights.I probably spent over 7 hours game time on the third Epona fight and currently getting my ass handed to me again by Zava and her floating heads.

Oath in Felghana is considered the hardest. It has a difficulty above nightmare: inferno.

Heh, this is actually the song I ripped for him.

Do you really want a Ys VIII PC port outsourced from XSEED after LKS?

Do you want Ys translated by Aksys, the cunt at ATLUS USA or NISA?

I couldn't care less, I'm playing it in moonrunes right now.

nice try user

ここに、悪魔ちゃんが強さではない。

You can't fool me user desu, I see right through your mesh.

The difference is, Xseed actually does update ofr their games

If it ever comes to that, then I'm importing everything. None of those hacks deserve money.

You can't learn it, but you can memorize the kanji and the grammar system, that works just as well.

Revival Xanadu (II) music never gets old. I really want a remake of the original game that plays like Xananext but harder, with more world detail/plot, remade music based on Revival + new tracks, and a stop-motion visual style that ages well.

Origin Nightmare, meanwhile, can put you through hell if you try to get all the useful upgrades, which you'll want for the true final boss. Felghana Inferno's a relatively minor upgrade in difficulty over Nightmare.

I'm not pleased with LKS's port quality, but there's a patch coming soon, and Tom himself is hinting LKS won't be the last: xseedgames.com/forum/index.php?threads/little-kings-story-pc-general-discussion.28309/page-2#post-928232

Personally I'd like for them to write a blog post explaining technical hurdles the port team faced…let alone who ported it in the first place.

You showed that overgrown twerp who's boss.

Kishgal is a city lmao

Although I'm not at the same level the dude in the video is. I'm still at level 48.

Here's a Kishgal remix just because.

I know who Kishgal is, I'm memeing. There's a city in Ys VI named Kishgal.

Just finished Chapter 4 (pic related is a heavy spoiler)

You know, the early trailer has some pretty nice music, but I never actually heard it in-game. Was it cut out, or just morphed into some other song?

I totally called this because the trailer shows Dana getting trapped inside a tree. Also, they never showed off a sixth party member with slash attacks, so I figured Dana would end up bring your sixth party member instead.

Retroarch vita has a PC Engine core now, if anyone cares :^) buildbot.libretro.com/nightly/playstation/vita/

>That egg sidequest for Hummel
Hummel is a gift.

where the fuck is Xanadu Next, Xseed?

>Dana and her people evolved from the dinosaurs on Seiren

WHAT

Dawn of Ys seems to be running fine. It is slightly stuttering whenever voice clips are playing but nothing mayor.

It gets worse. In a few years the Vita will be dead. Falcom will have to switch to family friendly Nintendo.

But they won't be localized by Treehouse or anything and I don't think Nintendo's guidelines nowadays are more strict than any other platform. I'd be down with playing some Falcom games on the NX.

Welp, I guess installing VHBL was a waste of time :^)

>you get to name Ed and Alison's baby
That's adorable.

>about to fight Oceanus

If this is the halfway point, holy shit what?

I am okay with this. I am more than okay with this.

You better have named the baby "Hope."

Now that I think about it, it's probably more like 70%, or 65%.

Too bad Rean is destined for Elise
I'm still going to pick Sara anyways.

I named him Luke. Hope is a girl's name. Did I mess up?

No, I just wanted to know you named the baby the same thing I did.

Xanadu Next just got updated

Let's hope they announce a release date next Friday.

WHEN IS OUR TURN

Why are the chinks so fast?

It's weird as fuck. Falcom doesn't let other companies deal with their games outside Japan until the game gets released there. Who is publishing those games on China?

Sony Asia handles it, and translating from Japanese to Chinese is a lot easier than Japanese to English.

I've heard that the Chinese translations are pretty mediocre… Still I wonder what's going on. I guess they are really pushing their releases on China as Kondo's plan to further increase their audience.

Also Falcom has been telling for years that they are hiring people, yet they are still ~50 employees.

I'd imagine most Chinese translations are mediocre right now. Everyone is just starting to appease the chinks, really.

From what I've read, China is an especially strong region for Falcom, so that's why they've (both Falcom and Sony) have been pushing their games so hard.

Shouldn't Falcom build a subsidiary for once?

Why should they when Sony continues to handle that work for them? I believe JDK has started doing concerts in China, at least.

Because some of the money goes to Sony?

And? Falcom doesn't have to spend jack for the translation, and they don't have to worry about it. I can see why they aren't worried about rocking the boat.

There's a reason why the money they get from overseas is nothing compared to all the bucks they obtain from their own market

…you do realize that international sales more than doubled their profits in 2015?

…do you realize that we are talking about multiple games being released for the overseas market vs one single game released on Japan?

>just battled a Tree Dragon as Adol, similar to the one that Dana faced in the past
>he just got the same type of marking on his left arm

oh shit

Fucking hell, Ys VIII's final dungeon seems longer than fucking Trails of Cold Steel's.

LOL

You guys think Estelle and Joshua will show up in Cold Steel 3 at some point?

Do you think Ys VIII will support the higher specs of the Neo?

>mfw Little Paro's true identity
WHAT

I doubt it, but considering that Cold Steel 2 had 23 playable characters, there's a chance they'll get a slot as DLC.

>fight against a fetus version of the "last boss" of the game, that can only be hurt by killing enemies that he spawns that attack you WHILE he's flinging fireballs and vines and shit everywhere

HOLY SHIT THINGS JUST GOT CRAZY.

They don't even need to be playable for me to be happy. I'd just like to see them again.

I'm pretty sure CS 3 will end up like TitS 3rd and have you see visions of other characters. So there's a chance we might get to see what they've been up during the CS arc.

Possible, but unlike TitS 3, I think CS3 will primarily still be about Class VII, rather than focusing on a new storyline like TitS 3 did with Kevin.

I hope to god it isn't more Class VII stuff. I like them, but having 3 games about them would be too much. I'm pretty sure CS 3 will start a new storyline and lead into the next arc which will most likely be set in Calvard.

Welp, I beat it.

What a ride.

I wonder when enough people on here that actually know nip will be done with Ys VIII so I can discuss the story.

Japan's top 3 vidya lolis

REN STRONG

I would say go try 2ch but they block foreign IPs I think. Maybe look for a Japanese Falcom fan forum?

Wait, what? Was there really some "Best little girls in video games" poll? And why is Marie Rose on there? She's totally 18. Look at how 18 she is.

youtube.com/watch?v=YTKMr8yc3U0

Looks like Rean appears with his CS III looks on TX Ex+

youtube.com/watch?v=BZti5JaF2IE

I just had an idea for the next Ys gameplay style.

So in Oath/Origin we could switch between 3 magic spells, while we could swtich between 3 partners in Seven/Celceta/Dana. Why not… a fusion of both styles? Take Oath/Origin but make switching between the spells/magic rings also change the way Adol behaves/attacks (each ring with its own unique skills), kind of like the partner system… with no partners. The only problem is that… well, this makes sense for one game, but 3 games with this system would feel pretty much forced.

Congratulations, you made Ys VI.

Congratulations, you can't read.

No, I can, you just haven't played Ys VI.

Each sword has a different attack pattern, a different "ultimate skill", and the different magic skills. It's pretty much exactly what you were describing.

By "skills" I mean skills as those that you use in Seven/celceta/Dana, not the way Ark is.

Hmm, I hope XSEED's PC versions of Zero and Ao let you swap custom BGM in and out. A full Evo music mod isn't my thing, but some tracks like Arrest the Criminal! I find better than the originals.

Based Japanese Falcom fans from the early-'90s saving us from a terrible idea

A good new direction for the next three Ys games would be to keep attack types, but reduce party size to just Adol + whichever companion you desire and is available based on story conditions. Both characters would have access to equipment for three attack types, and skill tree/loadout still varies between characters. You'd have an active member and a passive member a la Zwei!! II and/or Nayuta; partner behavior could be customized too. This way you could have, for example, Stoker use only magic while Adol tanks and slashes/pierces/strikes mobs.

DLC costumes are confirmed to be coming over. Full list coming soon

業界動向サーチ 上場会社26社
ゲーム業界 日本ファルコムの位置
売上ランキング 22位
従業員数ランキング 22位
平均年収ランキング 16位
自己資本比率ランキング 6位
勤続年数ランキング 5位
利益率ランキング   2位

Industry trends (26 companies listed) from the game industry, Nihon Falcom's ranking:
Amount sold: 22th
Number of employees: 22th
Average annual income: 16th
Capital-to-asset radio: 6th
Continuous service / number of years: 5th
Profit radio: 2th

That's crazy to learn that Trails in the Sky took 7+ years to hit english release on psp, and until 2 years ago on PC. I tried it today but the game crashes when I attempt to trade/modify during the final training, 15 minutes into the game. Its not the official version, was just trying out the game. Its pretty neat for having full 3D rendered scenes.

Just saying, but the game's got a lot of updates and it's way better and more funtional than it was back when it was released. If you enjoy what it offers, go get it