Architecture Games

Any good architecture games? Not talking about city building games, I'm talking about games about structural engineering, where you use physics and pick materials to design a building that'll survive the test of time. Bonus points for choosing aesthetic designs.

Other urls found in this thread:

bridgebuilder-game.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

You mean like those bridge building games? Those have a lot of elements of structural design in them

Bridges are welcomed. The more things to build, the merrier.

Does Stronghold count?

That fouth building is stunning

Good game, but I don't remember it allowing you to add structural elements like columns and flying buttresses to your castles to let it support more weight or other features.

It's the Potala Palace at Lhasa, Tibet.

Also shamelessly bumping this thread

Structural engineering is not architecture. The two are completely separate. Architecture focuses on the aesthetic design of the building based on what the owners are seeking in the design in order to make it a cultural piece which blends in well with the designs of the surroundings buildings and the environment about it. Structural engineering is a branch of civil engineering which focuses on the actual physics involved in making the architectural piece function. Architects only learn the most basic fundamentals of mathematics and physics in order to ensure they are at least familiar what will certainly not work, and to help streamline the process. However, the architect is not the one who puts together the final blueprints and designs. Instead, this is the work of a team of engineers, headed up by the structural engineer. Other components involved include water resources engineering, soil engineering, often construction management engineering, and then plenty of non-civil branches such as electrical engineering which ensure the structure will properly stand. There will also be the business side involved in ensuring that there are available construction workers, and those responsible for purchasing the most appropriate materials and supplies for the construction task.

I never asked for this.

Obviously not what OP is asking but you can make some neat palaces on Sims games, especially on 3 and 4.

Though you are mostly better off just trying to copy traditional houses be they japanese, chink, victorian, etc etc instead of castles and fuckhuge palaces. Also being able to build even remotely similar shit like that Potato Palace on dat hill/cliffside is only possibru in 3 and requises some grand wizard-tier skills and use of cheats.

Issue is that you need to learn architecture in order to build anything big. I've done my own custom houses before on Sims 3 and they almost always end up as some blocky mess since I never did any architecture.

Not really, my houses usually look quite decent if nothing else and i just google what kind of building i want on jewgle's imagesearch and then try to copy it to Sims.

Victorian houses are bit harder but there's some sites with tons of houseplans/layouts for all kinds of houses you can use for preference when building up and most importantly making the rooms.

Have you played DF before OP? If not check it out.

The series it ripped off doesn't have any of that shit:
bridgebuilder-game.com/

Anyone knows that castle-building game? You have to build literal castles, and possibly defend from other players
You can also build catapults, to fuck up other players forts or whatsoever

Thanks, I'll give it a try.

most game devs don't learn anything post differentiation in calculus
almost all of them don't learn about sick nasty differential equations predicting the future either
go learn math

Predicting the future in what way?

obvulasi in a mathmatika wei

OP if you like building on a computer just learn CAD and get a job nigga

7 Days to Die has a building system where buildings can collapse if you don't support them well enough. It's a zombie survival game tho, and it's ugly as sin.

I think 7 Days to Die is the only survival game that isn't shit and doesn't need an endgame to keep you gripped in it by the varied mechanics it has.

What the fuck is wrong with you people

Chuck?