CUCKOVERFLOW

Those who use the popular, multi-topic Q&A site known as StackExchange may be aware of homosexual CEO Joel Spolsky's tendency to use the site as a platform to promote his own liberal ideologies.

When SCOTUS legalized gay marriage in 2015, StackOverflow's iconic brand image was temporarily imbued with the rainbow hues symbolic of gay pride. This change brought about a great deal of backlash from the portion of the community that did not want SE to be used as a political platform.

Their most recent controversial stance took place when Spolsky made a post on StackOverflow's meta titled "Time to take a stand" where he lambasted Trump over his executive order travel ban. The post can be found here:

meta.stackoverflow.com/questions/342440/time-to-take-a-stand

After receiving backlash from the community yet once again, Joel then made a follow-up post addressing the community's response. That post is here:

meta.stackoverflow.com/questions/342903/well-always-endeavor-to-do-whats-right-well-try-to-do-it-better-next-time

tl;dr

So even though I am a Trump supporter, I still support the site's right to use their platform as they see fit. Even if there were a worthy competitor to SE, I'd still stick around because the SE moderation team has not, as far as I have ever seen, abused their power to reduce the quality of the user experience of those with political view antithetical to their own. This is atypical of liberal-owned media outlets in this political climate, so I respect them for their ability to maintain composure while conservatives ride roughshod over the liberals time and time again.

What is Holla Forums's opinion on this?

What next, you going to complain about Reddit being bias towards shitlibs? Who gives a shit. This isn't new by any means that degenerates use their shit to spread their kike messages.

It's too useful of a professional tool to give up using just because of the owner's politics. I would have to suffer bad technical information to stop trusting its content.

((( Joel Spolsky)))

SO has been fucking shit for years anyway, ever since they forced you to sign up instead of allowing you to ask questions anonymously. Unless you're an absolute professional just looking for some minor tune-up related assistance don't fucking bother, they'll just downboat your shit into oblivion no matter how verbose and fellating your OP is.

It's a completely pozzed shithole of a website full of dumb homo tools and no man with any dignity should ever set foot there.

Pay attention to how all the good questions are locked due to being vague. Their crippling autism bars them from even considering questions that are open to interpretation. Only yes/no questions are allowed and all fruitful debates locked. And a question can be locked becaus the same question was asked 7 years ago, although the parameters have changed.

For extra lulz, ask if you should use systemd.

This is not my experience at all. You do have to know enough about the topic in order to form a coherent question that can actually be answered. My rep on StackExchange is over 4,000, about 95% of that consisting of upvotes for simply asking quality questions. In short, SE is not a site for you to learn how to do something, but how to hone your existing skills. If you want to ask questions like "hurr durr what am i supposed to do here" then go to Yahoo! Answers.

Terrible site, don't waste any of your time contributing to their knowledge base. This goes for Quora as well.

This is definitely something they need to work on. You will have questions with hundreds or even thousands of upvotes, but are closed because they don't fit the very strict question format.

I disagree with regard to SE, but share your sentiment with Quora which is basically a warmed-over version of expert-sexchange. I have long since sought a way to block Quora from search results because it sucks so much.

Die screaming in nigger semen

sounds like halfchan

You mean the site whose original purpose was primarily technology-related help but has added on useless retarded shit like the workplace section ("help I don't know shit but this is slightly uncomfortable what do") and most irritatingly the fucking (((hollywood))) movie section where every fucking question can be answered with "because that's what's in the script you stupid nigger"?

test
(((kike)))
goldberg
is there a new formatting rule for echoes?

looks like there is

Well the SE network still has some good sites, I really like MathOverflow and Mathematics.SE, but I've really noticed the quality has dropped on SO compared to five years ago.

Quora is just the purest cancer though. Far too often I see radical leftists try to shoehorn their nonsense into responses.

This is a trash addition to the board and should be removed at once. Turning echoes into a new formatting tag is not a good idea because it immediately changes the way our minds use the echoes.

Instead of being used only to subtly highlight jewish individuals, organizations, or trickery (legitimately or humorously, as the case may be), it now makes the text stand out loudly and garishly.

(((This will immediately change the use case of echoes, and this is already obvious from the posting I've seen today. I've seen anons using it to highlight entire blocks of text.)))

I'm almost inclined to think that this change was done intentionally to "declaw" the echoes, to make us less likely to use them out of hesitation to format the text (((as such))). It immediately puts the echoes in a new category in our minds, and begins deprogramming our habitual use of them. There are now regular echoes, used everywhere but 8ch, and 8ch echoes (text formatting).

(((This is not good, and I am suspicious of the motives.)))

Hm. Maybe your argument is valid.

(((function graceful_exit)))
((({)))
(((#####)))
(((# Function called for a graceful exit.)))
(((# No arguments.)))
(((#####)))
((()))
(((clean_up)))
(((exit)))
(((})))

we have [code] for that, mate.

(((Fully agreed. Echos never required special formatting, this change was a mistake.)))

If it ain't broke, don't "fix" it.

(((Test)))

I honestly thought this site was charity. Now I should rethink my life.

))Goy(((
(((Jew)))
(((Half-jew(((
)))Half-goy)))
What does it look like.

More tests:
((((((Ultra jew))))))
(((((Mega jew)))))
((((Important jew))))
(((Jew)))
((Shabbo goy))
(Good goy)
((( (((Double jew))) )))
((( ((( (((Triple jew))) ))) )))

[[[jew]]]

(((REEE)))

{{{Jew}}}
(((Line 1
Line 2)))

(((pharmaceutical)))

Trips checked. Kek is displeased with this formatting addition.

( ( ( kikes ) ) )

(Checked)

So far 3 ways to avoid formatting:

Nice to )))know(((. Also no thread on /polmeta/ yet about this [[[formatting]]].

The moderation team is mostly OK because the site is probably the most meritocratic community ever seen, it's one of the biggest features. And there's a sizeable portion of users there who don't have liberal views because good programmers usually are more stoic about life.

I remember getting b& from meta.stackoverflow for asking "what can be done about the influx of indians?" lol

(​((You can fix it this way.)​))

Well, yeah, where else are poo-in-loo's going to ask shitty 6th grade brogramming questions???

So, an elitist circlejerk site.

Yeah. How about ((((this?))))

((hmmm)))

The entire "tech" industry. Only programmers are shitlibs. Real engineers tend to be more right wing. This probably has to do with programming being more abstracted along with being less limited in problem solving. Being more abstracted is my explanation for why so many programmers are trannies.

Most of the "futurist" people are programmers, too, because they are so used to all their problems being easily solved and don't really understand working with more physical limitations like a mechanical or chemical engineer does, so they believe colonizing Mars or whatever is as simple as solving some code problem.

I don't want to hear about politics when I'm trying to solve a programming problem. It's a given that the tech industry is aggressively liberal, but SO still. Keeps that shit segregated enough to be useful.

user is talking about stackoverflow.com and not stack exchange, similar but different sites

Site is garbage before it got political in your example. The up voting shit isn't a good model, you don't get the best answers, and you can't discuss more niche problems. Pajeetoverflow

I think this is an unfair statement. Why there are so many liberals among programmers is probably because there are so many of them. An entire generation of western (and asian upper class) men have basically become programmers in one sense or another and thus it has become a general description of a group of jobs. Think of the word more of an equivalent to "craftsman" than to a specific job like "plumber."

A skilled and knowledgeable programmer isn't comparable to some cut and paste html monkey, but they are both "programmers."

StreetOverflow

Not really. It's just the truth. Programmers get in the habit of being able to solve most problems fairly easily, just taking more time. With something like chemical engineer it is not always so simple, and a lot of problems cannot even be solved. So programmers end up being more like children who have never been told "no," and they are a lot more optimistic about being able to solve everything.

Also how they close questions for being 'too narrow/specific', even though the question had 5 answers.
Just because some moderator thought it was too narrow, and not all these other questions…

woah woah woah what
no echo(((some echo)))

Did you guys know there's a Politics Stackexchange?
politics.stackexchange.com

Emoji movie. We are now reaching levels of retardation I have trouble believing.

Nigger, they're all cucked. Plebbit, shithub, answers, quora, etc. Why do you think people are so pissed off about this shit on places like jewtube?

I'm a professional programmer. Got a degree in computer science years ago. I think you are entirely correct about this. For many years I was as you describe. Working with abstract virtual problems left me disassociated from the realities of the physical world. I no longer thought in terms of physical requirements of machines but in terms of what their APIs would look like. I thought the singularity was going to come and digitize us all.

I realized I'd lost my mind a few years ago and made an effort to learn practical skills. I've since become alienated from my coworkers, who are still going down the same path of insanity. They disgust me. Gas all programmers!

I just learned about Little Yachti the other day and I'm still baffled.

Seriously though, what is with the "Minnesota" song in particular? I feel like it's a psyop regarding white culture but maybe I'm thinking too much about it.

People I work with seriously listen to this shit. I have other NPC coworkers that listen to Georgia Florida Line and I thought THAT was bad.

There are plenty of IRCfags in moderation there. They have been beating back retards for over 20 years. Newer developers might take issue with it, but that is because they are the ones that need to be beaten back.

Does anyone know an alternative?

I came across a critical flaw in windows and found the solution on my own, tried posting it to cuckoverflow but was prevented from doing so because some cocksucker had objected to my tone when asking about a different matter

When you use their job site there's a special badge if the company has a "female founder". Very convenient for identifying which jobs to not apply to.