How is this allowed?

How is this allowed?

Is this project x zone ?

Project x Zone 2, yes.

Does she check her dubs after that?

Nah.

What does she say in Japanese?

I don't know moonrunes, but this is her dialogue.

Oh, man.

And I thought it couldn't get any worse.

Who's responsible for this abomination?

Natsu has always been cancer anyway, so this is pretty in-line with things.

What game is she from?

I believe it was Bambo that did the translation, since they published the game, and i'm starting to believe that it was done by the same people that ruined Shifty Look with Namco High.

Why is she a negro

I can't seem to find who localized it, the publisher is bandai-namco and is on the 3DS.

During the parts that are translated weirdly she's talking like a typical annoying teenage girl. They had to change her speech somehow for those parts since the other characters react to it. I guess they couldn't think of anything other than chat speak to portray that. The MY FACE WHEN seems a bit out of nowhere I suppose, but other than that it doesn't seem that bad to me. It just seems particularly cancerous to us I'd say.

seconding this, they're talking like hyper retards in japanese, it isn't forced, but it is lazy. Translators could've put a bit more effort into making it sound natural text/teenspeech instead of going 'uhh, just say meme' and calling it a day
Pretty sure real western stereotypical popular teens don't use 'my face when'

Natsu is from Soul Calibur, and the other chick, Ling Xiaoyu, is from Tekken.

The explanation they gave was that people weren't going to understand some quotes from the dialogues because it included japanese references and seiyuu inside jokes. Still cancerous though.

these games are trash with or without bad translations. hate to sound like a debbie downer DON'T BOTHER WITH IT GOY faggot but save your ammo for the head of the beast instead of its smoke trails.

In that case it's not that bad, but they still should have made her sound like an actual retarded teenage girl. Teenage girls don't say this shit in real life. Hell, if anything, just give her the retarded valley girl speech characteristics.

Here's my babby transcription and translation from the Japanese I learned watching moeshit.

Hontou hontou, maji da sono aite chicho ukeru n dakedo.

Totally, those retards are gonna get stomped.

I did it for Segata.

haha desu desu user-kun~ ^^

Just because you watch a lot of moeshit doesn't mean you're learning nippon.

Well it's not illegal and I'm sure someone will be desperate enough to buy into this monstrosity.

Disagree. You can get them for 15 bucks usually, and they are a fucking blast to play. Don't expect a lot of depth, but it's quirky and fun and if you know and like the characters, you'll really like their interactions.

If you see it for 20 or less, I sincerely recommend picking it up.

Which soul calibur? I dont remember her in 2.

SCV when they introduced all the new characters.

The game came out months ago and it had pretty good sales. It outsold the first PXZ.

So going "uhh, just say meme" works right?

Who here is well versed in japanese memes?

Oh gosh how fucked is this game.

See

watching the rest of the video there were some other bits
didn't say anything to that extent at all, and the tone was more lazy/apathetic than agressive/confrontational, so I wouldn't say it's about fluency over accuracy either
unless this whole sentence was just a minefield of puns and obscure jokes, that wasn't even close to what she said.
was something like: 'This enemy looks great, this'll make good practice' in a somewhat teenspeech-y way.
Honestly the line is weird enough as english sentence alone, regardless of whether it's an accurate translation or not

They obviously don't care about the script and are just doing whatever because they can.

Too busy learning useful languages, like German and Russian,to learn your moonspeak that's only worthwhile for games and cartoons.

Jesus fucking Christ.

Jesus man, leave some of the cock for the other faggots. I know your appetite for them is voracious, but come on now.

the penis does better

and to think i almost purchased this game

Why do localizers put memes in English translations anyway? Why would they change some of the work of the Japanese writers? Isn't that disrespectful?

because we need to respect and have the place in our society for all the cultures and people except japan lol

That's because Japan values it's ethnic and cultural identity, which is Haram.

Also, checked.

A lot of these shitty (((localizers))) are people who want to be devs, but are too incompetent/lazy to actually make their own game. So instead they become (((((localizers))))), which allows them to freely shit up someone else's game with their normalfag memes and SJW bullshit with basically no consequences.

I wouldn't doubt it if there was 2ch netspeak in the Japanese version. Western memes is most localizers solution to that.

Someone posted the scenes in question above. You can clearly hear that there's not a single bit of netspeak in it, just teen girl speak.

Its bullshit reasoning.

We can instantly look up that type of stuff on the internet

Which is the what gives meaning to the word "localization", the original has japanese memes so you replace them with western memes with the same meaning. The cancer is when they replace a simple joke with memes because "muh le reference amirite i'm so smart i got that reference it's a great game xxdxd!" and because it's easier that way.

To Japanese these are common knowledge they know off the top of their head.
To westerners they would need a guide for half the jokes in the game.

You would NOT be getting the same experience as the Japanese audience. They weren't sitting there with a guide for half the jokes, they simply knew them because they browse 2ch daily.
Replacing it with a similar joke in the localized version that westerners know off the top of their head is the best way to relate the two audiences.

Translation is like a woman. If she's beautiful, she's not faithful. If she's faithful, she's most likely ugly.

And in this case she's neither faithful nor beautiful.

That's sad.

Right, I hate the internet memes being injected into localizations.
I just fucking hate the people who say translations need to be 100% faithful and jokes should stay exactly the same. These are the people who think this is an acceptable translation.

Natsu confirmed cancer
bring back cougar taki

Are you aware that the anons from Neptunia general are actually okay with the translation of the first game despite of having shit like this right?

But there's a wide area between that pic (nice strawman of an accurate translation, by the way) and a good translation.

If that pic had been translated like the game, Gyro's line would have been some "420 blaze it" reference.

This foreshadowing I swear to fuck. Araki you bloody genius.

Because these companies don't respect us and because the audience will buy it regardless.

Translation doesn't change the meaning of what's said.

Personally I don't understand any memes. I always have to look them up. Doge is not funny.

Do you know what that word means? Or do you like using words you hear on the internet? You do understand what the other user's point about not being 100% literal is, right?

That just looks like it's for comedy effect, user. Doesn't the audio use those bleeps or something?

There are no bleeps, they say the word.

One could however extract game sounds and add them in manually.

meant to say voices

This is probably the biggest thing people who defend modern culturalizations fail to understand. They think translation is just a simple 1:1 changing of each word from one language to another. It just doesn't get through their heads that what translation actually does is change the words, but retain the meaning.

Well then that's retarded

1. The person I was replying to
was saying that Westerners can just look up the more obscure Japanese quotes. That Jojo pic is supposed to show how bad it could be for such a simple Japanese joke.
2. I said I hated internet memes being injected into localizations in that very post. Having to change a joke is reasonable for translations, shitty writing has no excuse. You're misrepresenting my position.

Anyone notice the fox furry and some of the other characters spout more video game quotes/references in X zone 2?

I'm only like 4 or so chapters in and there's already references to Tales of symphonia(a ref that hot/cold coffee scene with lloyd and colette), bad dudes, Zelda 2(She, or another character i forget says "I am ERROR") and plenty more i've already forgotten.

OH AND SPEAKING OF JOJO, they make a reference to that too in the english script, though i forget exactly what it was, something like "Xiamou's bizzare adventure"

Xiaomu does more than just Vidya references.

American's don't really like Japs, let alone respect them, and it's been like that since Pearl Harbor, and Europe is just plain pozzed as fuck.

Is this game capcom x sega x bandai?

Yeah, it features characters from these three companies. Chrom, Lucina, and Fiora were added at the end to represent Nintendo.

Fuck namco. I hope they go under. They are no better than konami in my eyes.

It's Capcom, SEGA and namco(bandai is mostly just licensed games, so they don't really show up here.)

NIGGERS
EACH AND EVERY ONE OF THEM!

Japanese people and the most hardcore of fucking weeaboos aren't going to be buying this game, no.

That ain't a trap that's a futa.
Learn the difference it could save your life.

>>>/gaschamber/

you ain't even try my nigga

There's the niche audience that likes Japanese games.
There's an even smaller niche that knows common Seiyuus.
Then there is the even smaller niche that knows of the current happenings and interviews of Seiyuus that would be necessary for these jokes to make sense. Probably 1000 people who fit that catagory, and I am overestimating. These people would most likely know Japanese and have little use for a translated version.

Changing jokes is common in translations for literature and movies. Video Game translation's problem is shitty writing, not the fact they are changing obscure Japanese culture jokes.

Faggot.

You still like dick.

You remember how ten years ago we had this big outbreak of weebs who thought Japan was some kind of progressive paradise because of yaoi? Guess what job they took up when they learned japanese and found out how problematic the nips are.

This actually makes so much sense.

So what you're saying is: weeaboos are cancer.

Goddammit it sucks to be a Euro from a small country.

Apparently "pile driver" is something to do with wrestling. And wrestling IS TOTALLY NOT GAY. I got that wrong and my US expat friend was upset.

Yep.

The difference between localisation and translation is that localisation changes the script itself into something else. It's actually something no real translator should EVER do.

Sadly, it won't happen anytime soon.

You're the obscure one here friendo.

Maybe.

I know better than to expect the average American gamer to learn a different culture so I'm reading up on Burger memes.

Even before shitty localization the game sucks with it's shitty visual effects compared to the first game. It tries too hard to look more 3D or whatever the fuck (because Nintendo probably got on their ass to fix what didn't need fixed) alongside lazily recycled characters and sprites and everything new being mostly dull (even putting aside the shitty clashing bullshit).

This is just what I've seen from a youtube video of all the attacks months ago though.

Shit taste. Kill yourself.

I remember when someone played this atrocity. Fun times.

I'm not sure if every 90 year old Okinawan grandma knows that character X and Y is voiced by seiyuu Z.

I personally like fan subs for anime and games. I encounter some chan speak in fan subs for anime, and games that have been translated by fans are often funnier and scenes have more impact.

A good example is Final Fantasy 5. When ExDeath appears, the character is like, "Oh crap!" or something similar. The main character would have said that in that situation. All that is lost in the PS1 version.

How is it anyway? Is it just endless frontier's battle system and standard tactics maps? Sounds decent, and I already pirated it.

Please tell me Project X Zone isn't as horribly localized.

To clarify: I mean the original.

Namco wasn't terribly pleased to learn that Hussie had shoved Homestuck characters into the game from what I remember, though I don't remember if they were terribly pleased to learn the game even existed in the first place.

shut up and post lewds you insufferable weebs

In my thirties I'm too old for learning a new language, especially Nihongo with all these kanji to memorize. Completely ass-backwards writing system.

Shimatta?

You first, lazy faggot.

Ha! Don't try to pass all weebs as fujoshit.

Those faces look familiar.

But weebs would love the nip references and inside jokes

I bet you call them transvestites too.

New and exciting stuff, holy fuck this place has become such a downer 24/7.

not only that, but "dae mad" about an accurate translation. they claim they are weebs but they dont even care about the source material

I'm mad about videogames in general. It has all become online cancer and, in Japan, mobile phone games.

It can always get worse. I'm not optimistic for the future. At least FF12 is getting a remaster and Gust/Atlus/Falcom are still making games.

I fucking knew i wasn't the only one that thinks they turned Valkyrie into fucking Gumball.

That's the translation team for you. But, you know: FUNNY MEEMS comes first before a decent translation. Ironically enough, they actually left some seiyuu jokes and people actually understood the jokes.

>using said memes and slang INCORRECTLY

Sins upon sins.

Fun Fact: Ashley Davis drew that valkyrie.

Most weeaboos wouldn't get the shitty references, and the ones that do won't buy this game in english.

Zombie is japanese for blast processing.

Well that explains everything.

Seemed fine to me when I played the first quarter of it.

True, but I think you meant to post

Well the writing is very dry and boring, so probably.

(Checked)
They're not even new, just reworked versions of existing characters, more often then not worse then the people they replace. They're Soul Cal Babies.

Also most people seem to be forgetting that she's suppose to be from the 1600's.

Do you have to ask that?

You, Holla Forums did.

Judging by how shit the original line is, and how cringe the new one is very.