Scary Monster Sounds

What video game creatures have the scariest sound effects? Embed related.

And that's why I can never go into my chao gardens in my dreamcast version of SA2.

Why do the creatures in Subnautica look like shit?

because too many of the people behind the designs are researching earth species instead of thinking up horrifying new creatures. or even being remotely inventive.

Way too many of them look like generic and cartoony monsters, now with some fins and fishtails. Most of the stuff is less alien than "mundane" Earth's aquatic fauna.

Gallean's Beast has a pretty eerie sounding howl when it attacks.

Everything in Bloodborne I guess. Also it now serves as a mental database when I need to imagine the sounds the creatures make when I read some Lovecraft.

Which would be your favorite?

Not him but the screeches the Cleric Beast makes are great.

I don't have a PS4
Only Youtube
So I don't really remember, I just recall that it was some of the most horrifying screams I've ever heard, and modulated screams are something that I find really interesting and scary. On the other hand I played the shit out of Dead Space 1 and 2, and the Guardians and Exploders are quite fucked up. Also the Stalkers have a horrifying SFX but I think it's because of the PTSD caused by those shits.

Dead Space 1 and 2 are very good action-horror games.

I loved the sound design of Dead Space. The game itself was lackluster, but the environment they created was refreshingly creepy and disturbing, especially if you followed all of the companion lore that preceded/launched alongside the game's release.
That was a fun little universe to immerse yourself in. It's just a shame the gameplay was so bland.

==JOIN US, JOIN US, JOIN US NOW!==

I haven't played those games in years but I recall liking the combat.
It had a lot of oomph behind it.
I will say that the atmosphere and such was superior though.

The true face of fear incarnate.

This, even Sagan, a fucking scientist, can into imagination better than these so called "artists"

whaleshark
manta rays and giant jellyfish
more jellyfish

I'm not saying it's shit, I'm just pointing out that it's not that imaginative. True imagination would create something that has never been seen before, rather than building on a foundation of reality.

They're actually living balloons living out of electricity.

Right, you can give anything an original enough backstory. Visually, though, they're not that wild looking.

Was it this one?

No, I think some regular mobs have scarier sound effects

I don't have a video but the scariest sound is OOORAAAA ORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORA

These are the best examples.

Quake always had fantastic monster sounds. They're etched firmly into my memory. Especially the panic-inducing splat-splat-splat noise of a fucking Spawn bouncing around. Hated those bastards so much.

All in all though, Quake had great sound design. It still stands up today.

Skellingtons in Daggerfall are crazy.

lets get the hell out of here

All the good ones have been posted, but here's some god tier jumpscare shit. Can't think of any else that still provoke me, maybe the hallway before Gray Fox in MGS1.

another one, probably the best. Sounds like a cat dying. There's also one with a slightly edited baby moaning. Good shit.

All skeletons from that time were crazy.