Mount and Blade thread

Mount and Blade thread: the bait is dead long live the bait edition.
What are your favourite:

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#F!itxViDAT!PhBfJWsjATkdqN28V2kZ5g
pastebin.com/2ZjZZZpc
pastebin.com/agwZu9Df
mega.nz/#F!JRQ1DRqA!Evh-3Q3uQRbaLzR4LiQ85A
moddb.com/mods/calradia-blood-steel-1870/news/august-29th-update
tolkiengateway.net/wiki/Racism_in_Tolkien's_Works#Dwarves_as_Jews
timedotcom.files.wordpress.com/2014/12/the_letters_of_j.rrtolkien.pdf
twitter.com/AnonBabble

ISTUD VINUM, BONUM VINUM,
VENUM GENEROSUM,
REDDIT VIRUM CURIALEM,
PROBUM, ANIMOSUM

Are there any mods that add a main quest or make the game into a semi-linear rpg?

Does anyone have "Khergits prepare for battle.webm"?

any mods that make the combat less shitty

Currently playing Warsword Conquest as a member of the Empire, killing elves in the name of Holy Sigmar.

There's the git gud mod and there's the play 100% difficulty you assnugget mod

So far, the most complex mod I've played is the Prophesy of Pendor. I just wish the devs didn't suck Tolkien cock by adding fucking Noldor in a completely different fantasy setting.

they are so enthralled they made it a victory objective to be friends with the Noldor
the elves are, of course, the ultimate best units in the game that you can acquire
I was pleasantly surprised to see that the majority of the mod players actually want to remove elves with a hammer

I played around with the GoT mod for a while and it had some cool stuff with diplomacy (trading fiefs YES) but ultimately it suffered from the fact that diplomacy is non-existent in mountain blade and that you can't kill lords.

Friendly reminder that 下克上 weeb&blade is now officially dead in the water

guess not, oh well, just another PC game I'll never play again.

I don't think it works that way.

I bet you're one of those faggot who thinks combat is just attacking and blocking in 4 directions.

is there r34 of crotch ninja

wait a second it isn't?

nah, there's also momentum, mounts, couching, etc but really it doesn't do much to make it particularly interesting or fun.

I'd hate to see how you'd deal with a game that has actual challenging combat like ninja gaiden black or something. Oh well. The only thing sadder than a casual is someone deluding themselves into thinking their tastes aren't absolute garbage.

Sucking off Tolkien's corpse then?

I really wish there was a way to toggle the Noldor shits people usually just go online and give them 1 stat in everything so it's funny 'cause they're all high and arrogant and a peasant can kill them

Naturally

Do you even PoP

Is Pendor the one with skeletons? I want to play that.

It's definately straight up rape. There's nothing reverent about slapping direct Tolkien references to your lame fantasy setting without any real knowledge about the source material.

i was warring with the faggot elf faction yesterday
they only had two castles left, and were at war with at least one other faction, so they had close to no armies
i took said castle, gave it to my vassal and went back to durquba
on the way back though, they start sieging it again
i go back there, and as i'm doing that the sarranids declare war
took their castle again, however at this point the sarranids were sieging durquba
this time the elves took back their castle, and i was too busy with the kebabs to do anything about them, so i accepted their peace
while i was warring with the sarranids the necromancer faction declared war on me
i eventually managed to get peace with the sarranids after fucking up one of their sieges (kebabs can't into magic)
then i went with what was remaining of my forces to the necromancer territories, beat up their strongest lords
eventually their king started chasing me
i baited him all the way back to durquba
when he was just close enough i quickly went into the city, grabbed all my magicians and cavalry from my garrison, and went after him
beat him quickly with only around 20 troops dead
since he had around 300 people in his army, i got at least 120 skeletons for beating him
returned my magicians and cavalry into the garrison because of the skeleton morale issues
i had around 200 people left in my own army, mostly skeletons though
i beat up their remaining forces, but in the end they still had one lord with around 150 soldiers, which were way better than my skeletons
since i free everyone i beat, he was friendly with me and let me go though
i took my vassals and took the only other castle the necromancers had
kept it for a while
eventually they finally managed to get off their feat and took it back though
after that they offered peace and i accepted, since i didn't want to waste my troops fighting them, while the sarranids are recovering
i'm not treating this as a loss, since i didn't really lose any land and only wanted peace with them
hopefully i'll be able to finally conquer the sarranids next time

trading as in buying/selling or exchanging?

No skeletons, but it has demons and undead soldiers in hero armies.

skeleton mods that i know are:
phantasy calradia
chronicles of might and magic
warsword conquest
rise of the undead
blood and steel (dead and buggy, do not bother)

I turned the first town i got into a stronghold, it has 1300 guys defending it and they're mostly kierguards/rangers. the kebabs have been at war with us for a long time and so with some good effort i've already jailed almost the entirety of their realm, king included. it might actually not last as our king wants peace with them since the entire world is after the kingdom i'm part of

Prophesy (NOT PROPHECY) of Pendor sort of has a main quest about you being a Chosen One who has to reform the Kingdom of Pendor. Viking Conquest (paid mod) has a story mode.

Not really dead, it's finished.

Which is a nice change for once.

You might have better success if you didn't take in all the traitorous shitters that first jump on your boat.

Pendor is part of what was The Middle Earth before shit went down hardcore and everyone started killing each other for no specific reason destroying every trace of magic there was.
Except, of course, for the fucking elves because as history has taught us: judaism always finds a way to re-appear

Literally "Skyrim is Fallout in the future" tier fan fic.

Well, the original 2 Fallouts and New Vegas pretty much confirmed magic exists in the Fallout universe, only that it's really rare.

Even I hate the whole "Victory Objective" shit, makes since why the remnants of a dying race would consist of the best men.

But let me tell you, the worst thing about PoP is the fucking voice acting and how dickish the devs are when you bring it up.

Wait, I never knew the true lore. Are you joking, is PoP really just set in the fucking future after a nuclear holocaust?

BUT MUH AUTISTIC ASTREA VOICE
there isn't a way to toggle it, is there?

You have to delete all the files manually.

Magical nuclear holocaust.

But yeah.

No, dipshit. It's not. but here's your reply anyway

This, although it might be better to replace them with a short and less annoying sound so you know when you trigger some specific event.

I doubt the dev actually realizes that claiming PoP happens in the future of Tolkien's works would also imply it happens in our future.

Okay there is one more thing I have to ask, was it modern times before the magical nuclear holocaust?

/mbg/ is still updating Weeb & Blade mega.nz/#F!itxViDAT!PhBfJWsjATkdqN28V2kZ5g

Here is some copypasta for the thread.
pastebin.com/2ZjZZZpc
pastebin.com/agwZu9Df
mega.nz/#F!JRQ1DRqA!Evh-3Q3uQRbaLzR4LiQ85A

Fuck, I sound too much like a shill.

Just Installed new Warsword for warband

This game is overrated. Skyrim is deeper and I hate Skyrim.

There's no mistaking this this game is broad. But it's not deep.

The only time I had fun was in a big multiplayer brawl with the crpg mod

Selling/buying a feif was impossible. Trading one for another could be possible.

you can do more things in this game than in skyrim, user

You don't play Warband for depth, mate. You play it for giant real-time battles and strategy that YOU can actually fight in, instead of just having a bird's eye view of it all. You're comparing apples to oranges.

you can buy/sell fiefs in butterlord

I really wish if Bannerlord ever comes out it has the agents system of Total War. Be a merchant for the faction of your choice or a one man spy/assassin who fucks shit up from inside by poisoning and raiding supplies and sabotaging gates and shit.

Or at least have music on par with TW.

Is there any confirmation that Bannerlord is going to have the hyperactive, everything happens in a week, time scale of M&B/Warband?

I don't know. I don't think there's any confirmation bannerlord's even coming out since the devs seem to have gone silent after last week's events

Harry Potter mentioned something about them tweaking the CAI heavily so you don't end up with no swadia on day 3. Seasons play a big effect in war too, winter being like 100% stable and summer being more warlike.

Roaches can survive a nuclear bombing, I'm not worried.

Sounds good. I'm not expecting multi-generational games in vein of Crusader Kings or even Total War, but a kingdom that can be destroyed in a week doesn't feel like a proper kingdom at all.

Recall something about field battles being more common and sieges way more of a time/manpower investment.

Yeah I remember reading in the blog that you can tear down walls and stuff but that's all time investment on the overworld rather than battle stuff because they wanted the actual battle to be the storming of the castle and not waiting around for a wall to be torn down

they're alive and working on, they posted on twitter after the coup attempt

It would be great if sieging the castle was actually a viable method of capturing a castle or a town compared to direct assault.

Both ways I think, but making ladders is now the same time as say a siege tower in warband or something.

/vg/ cancer aside, there's a world of difference between proper development and dicking around with morgh's so muh armies are massive.
Besides you linked shit for 3.0 that's a couple of years old by now and it's not like the rest of it is much more recent.

Nah friend, you sound like a summerfag.

It's still the same gekonew shit except they ported some of the new 1.31 scenes shit and made it incompatible with the russian mod.

I guess I will ask here.
Is there a Dark Souls mod? I am just talking atmosphere here. I want a really Dark Grim mod that can scratch that it. How is Phantasy?
All I have been doing is hoping on multiplayer for 2 hours, top boarding the score, then logging off and events/linebattles are boring. 1v1's are fucking retarded.

Blood and Steel had that vibe going for it, but it's in an unplayable state at the moment.

ALWAYS UNPLAYABLE STATE.

The developer isn't confirmed dead. Maybe he'll come back.
Let a man have hope.

bruh, last update was in 2013
you really want me to believe he's been secretely making an update for 3 years?

Is there any site for model rips? Maybe some Anons here can just make one up themselves. Granted I wouldn't know how to handle stuff like duel wielding Demons that wouldn't look like floaty dogshit and the like but armies of fucking huge Taurus Demons against sheild walls of Tower Knights from Demon Souls would be sweet.

Butterlord when?

(checked)
Shit.

I think it was a couple of years after the events of Lord of the Rings

He was last active on August 12, 2015. It's still possible.

How do i achieve peace? the kingdom i'm part of is getting wiped by everyone else

Phantasy Calderia is pretty damn fun, but super easy to just steam roll everyone with your massive army of top tier dudes, Dwarves are op in the fact that they have magic resistance, and elves are basically all archers. The troop line though that I wish had more too it would be the cleric faction.

It has two straight lines, a female calvary, and a male infantry cleric. No bad ass paladins except I suppose the lords.

PoP is extremly well set up, I like their map a lot more than the others, and the gameplay is fun. Typically I go for the empire then run a large meltine merc force for Old Empire goodness. The Celts, aka ravens are a lot of fun as well, but that lack of spears hurts. They do a lot better in defensive battles than anything else.

There was an interesting world war 1/2 mod for calderia, Swadia was germans for instance. But it was abandon, can be played sort of still though

beat the enemies so much that they're willing ti give you peace
or let them take whatever they started the war for

my main issue with phantasy calradia is some of the magic
i spend weeks idling to build up my army of skeletons and when i go siege something some shitty religious unit one shots at least 7 of my skeletons at once, regardless of what tier they are
i'd rather just have the same mod with no magic

I ask for a mega download of something interesting.

2/10 apply yourself

Eh?

worst of all i almost wiped the fierdsvain but i had to be a jew and try to get some real estate instead of letting the friendly lords capture that castle because they fill it with troops and guard it for a while, which means that earlier they had 1 castle but then they brought 900 guys and now have 2. When we were at war on a single front we could've just finished removing those germanic fucks

Oh you mean Gekokujo

or ur benis

Thank you user. Have mega links for EDF

What's the source for that webm anyways?

It's still alive famz
moddb.com/mods/calradia-blood-steel-1870/news/august-29th-update

>the one KO that openly hates them is painted as violent antisemitic bigots on your interactions with them

Tell me how they are NOT jews.

I'm really not seeing it.

don't forget to enable NTFS compression on your mount and blade saves folder, specially if you have lots of them. The save files are easily compressed by a large margin and the decompression time is tiny

I like to live dangerously and rely only on the autosave. Haven't had any problems other than sometimes needing to quickly end the program before the games saves if a mod bugs out.

Just installed Warband, only played the original MnB a long while back, any mods that are a must, or should I just play the game as it is for now?

Play it vanilla for a while, at least so you can appreciate the mods all the more.

fuck you

i'd get mods just so battles don't end when i get knocked out

This

Also, when you do get around to playin' mods, Prophecy of Pendor is a must. AD 1257 if you're into just straight Medieval Europe, and Gekokujo if you're a man with interest in Japanese culture and historybut you're going to meat William in the butt because he's a weebshit and George makes no sense because he's a cowboy type and it's fucking 1568weeb:^)

check em cunts

He's a time traveller.

But gekokujo is based off of rear rife, right?

how the fuck do i become a successful merchant in this game
i've got around 30 good men with me, so i'm not disturbed by bandits
but the actual deals i make are horrible
i go to a town, go to the marketplace, press assess prices and then buy whatever would get me a profit of over 50
but by the time i've gone to sell it, i've already spent some food supplies and the profit i'm supposed to get is always less than promised
at this point i'm losing money from doing this shit

*Also, he must of accidentally gotten into a time machine because his int is too low for him to have built one.

Or, on purpose, but then what's his mission?

Pick the jewish looking skin. Always works for me :^)

Only somewhat, and a time traveller makes for a fun character when the player character doesn't understand it all. Also, think for a minute before posting so you don't have to spam.

His time travel seems to be an accident because he isn't even very informed on Japanese history.

War stories?

Dubs congirm
Sorry, but I go on drinking binges
Would've been cool if the devs expanded on that, or does warband's code just not allow that?

Sell goyim, not goods. slave trade is where most of my shekels come from

that's just regular mercenary work, it's not like i can buy slaves and then sell them

I think it's just supposed to be a little joke and not a big part of the player character's story. Most of the companions have a pretty funny or atleast non-serious background.

Who wants to bet that Aladdin knockoff will kill him? Why the hell are they trying to shove all of the EU in this damn show?

Any mods were i can play with the bizantine empire?
I asked last thread but only got bullied by venetian merchants ;_;

Noice, i personally prefer removing orks and chaosfilth,but good taste my man.

You run into bandits, yes? Then….

But that's what bugs me though. Especially the ones that want personal revenge in other mods. I dunno, it'd be nice to converse with companions more than the "passby X town" and "waah, I don't like X because Y"

1257 AD

but i don't want to CATCH my slaves, that's just playing the game normally
if i'm playing a game with slaves, i have to also be able to buy them
why bother wasting time chasing bandits that are faster than me, and run from me

You said you've got ~30 men, and I've seen armies of tulga bandits and sea raiders higher than ~30

True, that's a thing really hard to get around in mods. Maybe Bannerlord will have more robust and interactive NPCs.

*tundra bandits

bruh, you're not getting my message
chasing bandits is a chore that i have to do in regular playthroughs
i want to play a merchant, not another random lord
if i wanted to bother with slave trade, i wouldn't be playing a merchant

Was it updated?
Last time i played it i remenber the whole area of the empire being empty.

Do not buy food, buy tools, spices, pottery, silk, stuff like that.

Dunno, I actually didn't hear about it until a month ago. Seems alright to me when I passed by on my Crusade

But, if you've got 38 men, and one group of bandits is 32 and another is 36, they'll join together and gang up on you

Khergit a shit.

Vaegirs 4 lyfe.

user Tolkien himself said that Dwarves were based off the Jews (or at least stereotypes of them).

Alright faggot, listen up. If you follow what I'm about to tell you, you should be rolling in it soon enough.

That's just what they're based on. If anything they're more like NEETs since a third of their population quite literally disregard women for their hobbies.

Got ebidence?

For which claim? For 'Dwarves are jews' you can google it easily but iirc it's from a letter he wrote. Dwarves as NEETs is almost certainly from an appendix originally.

Tolkien was a vehement anti-anti-semitic, but still Dwarves are name-game playing greedy shits with constant persecution complex.

tolkiengateway.net/wiki/Racism_in_Tolkien's_Works#Dwarves_as_Jews (ignore the mention of Racism, this page actually debunks claims he was a racist)

I meant the screenshot of the words, not some shitty website.

Have something in return

timedotcom.files.wordpress.com/2014/12/the_letters_of_j.rrtolkien.pdf

This is pretty well known stuff user. That link will also let you verify any other claims made on tolkiengateway based on his letters.

Holy fuck, I gotta look into this more, since I remember reading something about him and the German newspapers…

Unless you wish to claim his own son signed off on anything untoward this isn't an issue. Christopher Tolkien is pretty damn insistent on this type of thing too.

He was rather forcefully anti-Nazi and indeed almost refused to have the book published in Germany (letter 30) so that may be what you've heard about.

yusuf makes excessive use of puffery
maybe he has the true infidel inside afterall

You aren't supposed to close the opening speech marks when the same person is still talking. Otherwise it means that Trump has stopped talking and somebody else has started.

God, obviously. Heathens like you wouldn't understand.

You could also get Gekokujo if you want to be a greedy Dutchman who wants to take over all of Asia's trading hubs for the East India Company.

Got more, about the sieges of Dhirim and Senzguda castle.

Archer-heavy Rhodok forces are just ridiculous, doubly so if you put some Nord infantry at the front.

Huscarls are more expensive and harder to train than Rhodok Seargents, but they're better on the offense. If you've got the time and inclination to get Huscarls, it's worth it.

Do Rhodok have any cavalry units or should I pick up some mercenaries for that?

Their sharpshooters are just amazing.

No cavalry.

They are literally:
No Cavalry, the faction.
They are however extremely good anti-cavalry unity, with strong crossbow shooters and insane spears, shields and cleavers.
Fun as fuck to play as. Just sell your horse and join your men in battle. You don't need cavalry with them. Only problem are horse archers, and even then they are not too much of a problem if you got archers yourself,

Problem is I don't know what kind of infantry I want to be and I already dumped a bunch of points into riding and not athletics and I don't know if I should have a sword and shield or ditch two handed and lance for a crossbow.

Do polearms work well dismounted?

if we had to classify all the factions we'd have:

Polearms are not too great if used dismounted. They work well against cavalry, because of their range, but anything besides that they suck at.
That's why Rhodok infantry will always have a short range weapon too.
Just ditch the crossbow, pick up an awlpike, a shortsword and boarshield, as well as some throwing spears.
It's fun as fuck fuck up infantry with your shortsword from the cover of your shield, and kill anyone on a horse with the awlpike.

this happens every time
i either join them and lose or don't join them and they reck everyone

Were you just on vanilla for this?

Fuck feasts.

Yes.

I ought to give the game another playthrough on vanilla. I started messing with mods before I ever finished the game as is.

Any particular reason why a shortsword?

Shorter range means you don't knock your sword on your surroundings in close melee, and means you accelerate it to full velocity in a shorter time frame, meaning higher momentum and less hits just bouncing off.

They are faster. When the enemy already is so close that your pike is worthless you need speed.

More like

There's a certain type of charm to that mongolian rap. At least the first one of the rappers.

don't listen to this bitch a shieldloss polearm is great but you have to git gud

Anyone else here think that a game with mount and blade combat, total war strategy, and crusader kings 2 depth would be one of the best games ever made (if done right)?

Only if it has strong female characters and a diverse cast.

It would be some sort of beautiful autism simulator, I should think.

hopefully butterlord improves on what the game is a lot (for instance when i sell my gear to a fief it would be pretty cool to have some of the villagers wear it in case they get attacked)

No, I heard he was invited to something.
And there was another editor

These

ayy dubs confirm

okay so on the weekend 2 of the kingdoms i was at war with decided to have a truce, and a week after the other 2 decided to have a truce too. In the meantime they declared war on each other and one had a border incident then their king failed to respond.
Basically now people are at war with each other while i have a few weeks of peace and i strenghten the fiefs i own, travel onto once enemy territory to build enterprises, wipe some bandit hideouts and war parties and the other vassals are doing the same. Basically we're rapidly developing while everybody else fucks each other over at a war and now that they're already against each other they are less likely to continue attacking me once the truces are gone and even if they do we'll have built up lots of soldiers

(((Dutchman)))

Finnish witchraft's a bitch.

Jesus Christ, how do you fight the fucking Khergits as an infantry army? Zerg rushes of 90+ horses with at least 60 couched lances makes it impossible to block anything, and you don't have enough time to set up your men on a hill considering that every single literal one of the enemy is mounted. My Rhodok crossbowmen refused to shoot at anything when I bunched them up, as is expected, but when I spread them out they got killed even faster. Hell, the few times they did shoot they didn't kill anything.

as far as i understand, either get spears or get lots of nords and pile them up so that they stop the lance charge
although for whatever reason i'm trying to play rhodoks and spears are relatively useless against sarranids

So essentially, I have to grind out 40 sharpshooters and 40 sergeants on sea raiders or else I stand no chance. It's not even a close fight - it's always a steamroll for one side and a death march for the other.

I miss being satisfied by ganking everything with Swadian Knights. Things were so much simpler.

Will Mount And Blade 2 let me pat the heads of soldiers?

Isn't Total War with grand strategy depth already a grand strategy?

I believe king harlaus is so excited to see you joining his faction that he starts organizing feast after feast.

Anything that claims to be a grand strategy would be a grand strategy. It's a marketing term. Total War gameplay isn't that different from a grand strategy. If Medieval 2 had fuck tons of random events and slightly more robust diplomacy, it would claim it wasn't a grand strategy if the developers claimed so.

*it would be hard to claim it wasn't

t-thanks…

Joining as a vassal instead of a merc before you are able to capture a castle by yourself is a scam.

Once I got really lucky and received a fief right next to the capital, but that was in Gekokujo. It's only been looted once so far and I caught the lord anyway

i kind of wish i still had some control over nearby villages though, AI vassals don't really bother with doing anything

That's a thing in Gekokujo. Daimyo's usually own the fiefs around their capitals so they have a chance of giving out a non-shit village instead of one of the constantly raided or recently captured border ruins.

i needed the money
i assumed the town would last at least a week

That's what the victims of Ponzi schemes say.

How do you lot raise an army in the mid game? I'm not talking about just recruiting numbers, but actually getting those crossbowmen into sharpshooters and footsoldiers into huscarls. There's only so much sea raider grind I can take.

Trainer skill on every character. Never had a problem with training troops.

Who would win Alexander the Great or Ghangis Kong?

Ah.

No idea

how the fuck am i supposed to have enough shekels to pay wages? i want to earn enough each month to pay them but i'm bleeding my stockpile of money and not a single one of the castles/towns has more than 500 soldiers (wage sits around 35k each month) and i'm thinning up my numbers to lower them

Purchase land in cities for passive income?

I have, i'm starting to reject offers from the king to give me land and only accept villages since while they can get attacked they require no expenses on troops

i'm on my last 150k of money if this continues for too long i'll start disbanding troops and in fact i already have with the high price/low reward ones

I haven't played that module but can't you just trade your castles with some of the other lords for villages if you're having money problems?

I can't, and i wouldn't since i plan to rebel and make my own kingdom. I'll rev up the blunt weaponry and if i lose too much cash start disbanding troops i guess

pic related is my budget report. i'm going really aggressive and using my best cavalry as lemmings. It's getting better and i might also get another village

This.

God fucking damn it, I just want to play as a a Swazi Nazi and rid the world of Commie scum

Have you tried tournaments?
Just bet the max amount each round, and if you fail alt-tab

Holy shit how have I not heard of this

Wait a tick.

That's the problem. You're not supposed to have 500 units per castle, unless you're filling them with 1 denar units or something(which is a valid strat, btw, I used to keep ~1k 1 denar units plus ~150 mid level troops on each fief and was never attacked. At one point I had 8k units in a single fief).

Don't use top units as garissons, don't use too much cavalry(they cost 66% more), don't use mercenary units(cost double), don't keep lvl 30+ archers(+33% cost) as garrisons unless really needed. Level Leadership.

The best way to gain money is to pretend you're the butter king and keep inviting lords to feast. They'll bring their prisoners to fief so you can sell them later for profit. If you're the marshall/have decent relationship, telling people with a lot of prisoners to chill at your castle/town has the same effect

What's the problem? You don't like the silly background story or that you are surprised a Warband mod development has returned to its natural state?

The body texture could use some replacing.

Fuck you m8 got me to chuckle
No, it sounds like it was written by a Marxist. I really do hope English isn't his first language, but regardless of politics it sounds fanfiction-tier, so yes, I do not like the backstory.

I've always wondered why people complain so much about the face-maker, since it isn't hard to make a pretty/cool face, male or female although knowing what looks good or looks accurate might help

I don't mind the original face maker but floris added a fancy new one.

I think its just intetionally propagandish from the Red's viewpoint. Though it definately wasn't written by a fascist symphatizer based on the country names.

The default faces are pretty awful so it takes some testing before you figure out easy ways to decent looks.

no fuck you leatherhead
is that a skyrim mod or something?

what? it's mount and blade

i mean a mod for mount and blade with skyrim assets, since i remember there was a morrowind overhaul
the belt reminded me of tsun

This.

I always start every conquest with a tournament for base capital. Worst comes to worst, you might lose a little bit of dosh, but assuming your reflexes aren't complete shit you can pretty easily destroy the competition unless you get shit weapons, at which point you just run away from the fight until someone else gets KOd and you steal their weapon.

but what if it's a team fight and i get ganked?

You beat them with your superior skill. Even the blockless dagger can used to stop attacks with right timing.

This. The blade knocks the opponent's.
Also, the easiest tournaments are in Swadia or just any with horses, and if you start in Praven there's usually a tournament right at the start.

*Also, depending on the circumstances, if I'm starting say in Ragnar's kingdom, I'll bet a bunch towards the end when there's a better chance of me winning.

Learn the importance of having cavalry. As for dealing with their lancer charge. Just get your infantry to stand closer together and let them charge right into them. Try to place them on a hill, up or down doesn't matter as long as it isn't flat. If there's no hill, a river will work.

Also get some cavalry and charge them as soon as they get stuck. You should butcher the lancers fast, dealing with horse archers is a pain but you need cavalry. As for infantry any with shields are good, the only ones I wouldn't recommend are rhodok troops (except for the highest ranks) they lack shields and carry spears which despite logic are terrible against cavalry in vanilla warband.

chamber blocking is a tactic reserved to hardcores

Oh yeah, that was it's called. Getting out fucking skilled by someone using that in multiplayer and the next time just crudely feinting and stabbing them in the face from a distance is pretty satisfying.

I forgot that was a thing.

There's the thing: cavalry is only OP against infantry if it's able to go through/trample the line. The way vanilla WB puts your infantry in a line instead of a blob doesn't help. If you're not playing a mod with formations enabled(shieldwall, square, etc), ou need to have 2+ different infantry units in your army bound to different groups. Make them stand as close as possible from each other, in layers.

The cavalry charge will trample the first line, killing some units, then completely stop on the 2-3rd one. The ones behind the first chargers won't even reach your lines - they'll hit the back of the first horses and just stop. Even the horsearchers take part of this first charge.

Once they stop, you tell everyone to charge. Your infantry will mob the horsemen and kill most of them… just remember to reform your lines in antecipation for the enemy's reinforcements, you don't want to be caught unaware by them.

Alternatively, backstep until you're on the edge of the map and laugh as their horses get stuck

My MP experience:

Atleast those aren't literal sniper rifles like in that abomination War of the Roses.

Does anyone else have a performance problems with mods that try to "improve" graphics? Every single one of them I tried ran poorly.

Yes.

the clash of kings mod is around 2gb and runs horribly
but i forgive it since it has lots of content for it

I like having battle size set to at least 300, so cok, floris and most of those mods are unplayable for my, frames are dropping constantly below 30. I guess I have to settle for Diplomacy tier mods.

How is that mod anyway?

I really liked it, but he's right in that it runs horribly. I can't remember if it's ACOK or AGOT, but one of those mods runs just… just awfully. Crashes a lot, too. I think it was ACOK, because that was the one I liked more since it had more features.

i'm talking about "A clash of kings"
it does have tons of features and content, and that might be also why it runs like shit
still, it's pretty satisfying to successfully defend a castle with 60 unsullied vs around 600 lanister troops

Lannister fucking shits

is napoleonic warfare still active at all? I want to be a drummer and shitpost in chat

Fuck you, nigger. Your army is shit, your tactics are shit, your children are shit, your legacy is shit, and you died taking a shit.

yes

Some Mongolian band

Obviously, thanks for the sauce.

check em m8s

have more

I for the life of my can't make out any words in this language.

in the songs? I can tell them apart but don't know any of the words
The name of the band is Загасан ширээт тамга by the way, means Fish Abbe Stamp

not that I know of but he's from here if you were wondering.

>win easy peasy because the AI is shit otherwise git gud and try again
>buy the most profitable industry you can which is never a bakery
making money is easy as hell in this game.

So user, if you don't have a 10 year old computer give me 1 excuse for not supersampling the game.

my point was that i wanted to do it with as minimal combat as possible, yet for some reason everyone in the thread keeps telling me to go capture slaves

you seem to be some kind of fun masochist anonymous. Up your trade skill as usual, don't forget to buy low price food (grain is the cheapest food, if you're lucky you can commonly find it for 25~ denars and if you're extremely lucky you'll stumble upon a town that sells it 16 denars a piece). Don't forget to buy land for your enterprises but then it's kind of annoying since your shekels will come from businesses not being the merchant, you can however go to your enterprises and tell the guy in charge to keep the products in their inventory so instead of buying and reselling goods you can produce them for better profits
webm unrelated

Warband simulates a medeival world complete with lords, their relations to eachother, trade, prosperity, and so on. Skyrim simulates literally nothing. you could kill half a town (if the game even lets you) and the rest of the npcs will just keep following the same schedule.

i can never find anywhere to sell the grain for more than 30 though, i feel like it's a waste of money

no nigga that's the catch, use grain to feed your troops. it's the cheapest food.
get enough shekels for an enterprise and sell the product manually

minor thing, any clue which mods let me buy plots of land in the city that get me money every two weeks, except that i have to go and collect them myself?
like, not the ones you get from the guild master
i'm currently playing diplomacy and it doesn't have this

If you have low leadership and a larger party you need the bonus morale from food variety to lead your party effectively.

I'd say if you were offensive get huscarls but if their job is just to stand there and block enemy advancing on your archers then use seargeants, they're cheaper and easier to train. Huscarls are a lot faster on the strategic map tho, comparable to cavalry-heavy armies.

trips confirm

How hard is it to rebel from a kingdom and not get crushed? The wiki makes it seem impossible to keep the stability of a kingdom once you get past the kingdom you rebelled from wanting your ass, too

If you can personally defeat any one army, not hard at all. Big hosts will flee like chickens if you are too powerful to take on alone, even if they would crush you together.

I remember the wiki recommended starting your own kingdom by capturing a town, which is plain retarded. Better get a good powerbase under vassalage and then rebelling when the king wrongs you one last time.

*Also sorry for the rambling, I've been up too long

so i played clash of kings 2.2
bretti fun
i did have performance issues during the 2 sieges i bothered joining, ran at like 10 fps
otherwise the mod usually ran at 40 fps
i played as CIA/merchant and getting rich was really easy
just go to White Harbour, buy furs from it and the surrounding villages, sell them to braavos and buy golden goblets from there, sell them back to White Harbour, repeat
right now i've got 3 silk weaveries in the cities of The North, i'm gonna save up another 10k and find the guy who sells unsullied
the quests are great - went to the citadel, they told me to go find some book in a sept, the sept told me to find it in a barrow, a crazy fanatic in the barrow tried to kill me, the book clerk at king's landing told me to go tell maester aemon about something the fanatic said
maester aemon told me to go chase wildlings that somehow got around the wall. turned out that some crazy guy had killed the wildlings and when i talk to him, he reanimates them and tries to kill me. since i have an army i stop him and then go back to maester aemon
he then tells me to go save bowen marsh from a wildling attack on the west side of the wall. after i do that, i also stop a wildling invasion from a tunnel under the wall.
we win everything, however the night's watch has too few troops left, so maester aemon tells me to tell jon snow to take the men and go south. also gives me a nice valeryan steel sword
they do that, and then the wildlings/free folk invade
which was the worst invasion ever, since all they did was raid a few villages, and because of the game logic, at least 50% of their vassals left because they didn't occupy any land
same happened for a dothraki invasion later
and in the meanwhile, the westerlands have nearly been defeated, with the riverlands taking a majority of their territory
iron islands are dead, the north and riverlands occupy them
dragonstone is dead, occupied by riverlands/stormlands
vale has done literally nothing the entire game
and on the other continent, nothing has happened aside from Lys dying and pentos expanding a bit
also bravos looks great. for at least 2gb of a mod with insane load times, at least it has tons of content to make up

Does one need to know the lore before playing because I've never touched GoT? And why're you such a small guy?

not really
the mod doesn't follow the show/books aside from a few scripted events, like war declaration or stannis killing the queen once he takes king's landing
one thing i can't understand, is why this mod doesn't have floris features anymore. it used to.
the tournaments now are like in vanilla, landlords and moneylenders feature is gone, but instead you can deposit money into the iron bank of bravos with small interest
also, i did make my character look like CIA/baelish, but i didn't take a picture, and i'm not gonna wait another 2 minutes for the game to load just to do it

basically, if you're in the dragonstone faction, and you or someone else takes over king's landing, you get a screen that says that the queen and her children have been killed by order of stannis
and i can't find an image of that either, since i only did it once a year ago and didn't bother screencapping
good luck with that happening though, dragonstone usually fades away into obscurity unless you're doing everything to save them from getting destroyed by westerlands/reach/stormlands

You tellin' me I've gotta earn my happy ending?

Because they need cameos to make the show good/high show watchers, it literally is character of the month.

yes
on a side note, dorne and the vale pretty much do nothing the entire game.
if you want a peaceful way of grinding your army, you can always join those

why would they make this game in python?

user, you're so dense you're beating osmium's record. The core game, the bits that actually read files, render 3D things, handle the AI, do physics calculations and whatever else resource-intensive are probably written in C or C++, as is the standard. It's the scripts for missions and other moddable things that are in Python (compiled to bytecode, IIRC), and the mod API is in Python. I seriously doubt the actual executable is in an interpreted language.

pls no bully

Bad move.

also here's my rare CIA
i found the guy selling unsullied troops, payed him 10k to stay in white harbor
one unsullied troop costs 800, so right now i'm getting one or two per week, depeding on how much my businesses make
i've started harrasing the three sisters, but they beat me after a bit, so now i'm gonna wait in white harbor and rebuild my army entirely out of unsullied.
in a month those green fucks won't know what hit them
it's a shame stannis is kill
tywin lannister is still around but he's imprisoned by the riverlands, and i suspect he'll disappear if he's freed too

fuck, forgot to post CIA

That doesn't look like a small guy to me.
Also, is that fraps? OBS is better :^)

mount and blade has a built in fps counter that just happens to look like fraps, i think you turn it on from the launcher, not ingame
also you're wrong, fraps is better

In some fantasy stories they are very much like the Jews. In The Elder Scrolls for example, the Thalmor are kikes. Their symbol is even a slightly altered Star of David. They control the Empire from behind the shadows. They consider all non high elves to be cattle.

In Tolkien stories elves are noble as fuck though.

But fraps costs money

>paying for software
>paying for a license

so torrent it?
do you think people actually pay 600$ for photoshop?

Non-poor people do.

how about suicide

for what reason?
you think the cyber police is gonna bust your door open for using it?

Being an useless leech is for the poor.

Mongolians where the only non shitty chinese.

I bet you pirate games if you can't afford them.

your buyer's remorse is shining brightly

Nigger tier logic.

microsoft paint is actually a really high quality image editor. Sure it doesn't have the features of the likes of gimp or photoshop but what it has is 100x better than anyone else's implementation

GIMP 2 is better than photoshop and its free.

well there aren't any consequences
because of people don't even care if you torrent other shit

This is why we can't have nice threads.

jew detected

Sorry, I got carried away when someone responded to "if you are not poor you buy photoshop" shitpost.

And, what exactly is better about fraps?

Personally, I think piracy is "okay" if the company you're pirating from is shit. I wouldn't pirate Bannerlord or to try it out, then I would buy it, but TES IV I would.

*VI goddamn

bennis :DDDDD

Which mod is that?