Fire Emblem Thread

Let's have a Fire Emblem Thread. Post the game you're currently playing through. Fates a shit.

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/t/fire_emblem_fates/X2w49
serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=60728&page=1
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Is it at least better than Awakening?

No. GOD no. Say what you will about the translation job in Awakening, those changes were mostly Woolsey tier and thus, tended to actually work out well. Gregor went from basic anime old man to basically a slightly more serious version of TF2's heavy weapons guy, and Henry was a Stepford smiler turned into a pretty funny loon with an obsession with violence. (The only major fuck up I've seen mentioned was a conversation between Henry and Sumia that made him come off as WAY too bloodthirsty, and replaced an entire chunk of dialog with "… …"

As for Fates, well…here's the basic summation of how much the assraped the damn thing. imgur.com/t/fire_emblem_fates/X2w49

Nothing that can't be fixed by fans, serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=60728&page=1
This fixes the censorship

The other issue that usualy is memed about fates is the plot, it is trying to do something innovating compared to the cliche older FEs but ends up with some holes.

Anyway, Conquest has the best gameplay in the whole series.

Reminder that Fire Emblem was Kickstarted by a bunch of Elibean niggers deciding those scaly sons of bitches were going down.
The ramifications of the scouring affect just about every single fire emblem title, specially fates as Anankos went feral and orchestrated the whole thing and dragons going feral is a side effect of the scouring along with the creation of the manakete race.

No user, those changes were shit too.

Conquest was significantly better than Awakening but not really anything special.

Birthright and the true ending behind the paywall are shit.

Bumping with quality SNES FE gameplay
Nostalgiafags will defend this

Pretty much in the gameplay department, with Conquest being the best of all. But if you're a faggot that cares about story like , than you're pretty much wrong because even without the censorship and butchering, Conquest and Revelation's stories are dreadful.

The plots of the individual routes are gimped because they intended to split them into 3 games

I'm loving it, even though I've never lost as many units before as I have in this game. Shit gets pretty difficult sometimes. Good think I have linda and the pegasus riders.

So does anyone think that fire emblem can ever be restored to it's former glory? Because at this point, after how well awakening and fates were received, I doubt that it'll ever fully leave the state of being casual waifushit if they decide to continue the series.

Yeah, but that's not really saying much.

True, but I say Birthright's gets a pass since at least it can stand up by itself without context for the most part. Its still not the best, but its better than the other two.

The plot of Birthright is generic FE plot, evil nation invades dindu nation, dindu nation invades back, protag slaughters all their armies singlehandedly, loyal enemy characters have tragic death, surprise dragon in the end
Nothing redeemable about that
At least Fates tried to mix this up, but failed because they had to split it into three parts.

Unfortunately I don't think there is any FE title that doesn't suffer in one way out of plot/gameplay/characters
I have played FE4,7,8,9,13,14 so far and am getting into FE10 soon

It doesn't need to be defended, that is one of the best strategy RPGs of all time.

At least it had great plot and writing

Is there not alot of enemies or something? I've heard lots of good stuff about holy war's characters, but not really much about the gameplay. I plan on playing it next.

There are many enemies but I think that was the point of it, it feels like actual armies clashing
You should definitely play it, but I just gave up after chapter 5 because of the slow marching and backtracking
Maybe I'll pick it up another time
Also it has a fitting soundtrack that also sounds great for such an old game

I doubt with how things are, Fire Emblem is going back to how it was. Least I can say is Conquest is difficult in Lunatic, but story is godawful.

Maps are just really fucking large. Instead of 25-30 chapters, you have large maps that act like actual skirmishes and battles. It's good that it actually makes you plan and strategize, but it does drag on sometimes.

REALISM
and pegususes

The gameplay is standard Fire Emblem but there are twelve giant maps, each with multiple castles and multiple waves of enemies and bosses, making their length and complexity similar to that of an endgame FE level in the later games.

You have a home keep every map which can not be taken under penalty of failure, and it, along with every other castle, has shops and an arena for grinding. Unlike most games in the series, you can always deploy your whole army, but this he cast is smaller with one character of each class.

It's been awhile since I played 4, but when do you have to backtrack in chapter 5? It was a pretty straight forward march through the desert from what I remember. The only time I remember having to seriously backtrack in the game was that one time in chapter 4, when all those pegasus knights get slaughtered.

Marching through the desert 2 tiles each turn for all your units is ridiculous, it would take 10 turns to cross it
Chapter 2 had backtracking across the whole map, Chapter 1 had the big forest of 2 tiles each turn, chapter 3 had less backtracking that could be sped up thanks to the road, chapter 4 had backtracking with forests as well
It is obvious that they were doing it on purpose to lengthen the playtime because of 90's gaming mentality.

except it doesn't.

The Partnering System is by nature a shitty system which turns the experience from "where should I send this unit to level up" to "where should I send this unit to level up and grow their relations with?" the problem with the latter not only being more stemming away from what the gameplay should be (Where should I send the unit to help, its best position possible and win) but rather turning the experience more into a fucking chore, even more than before.

In addition the Partnering system makes everything ridiculously easy, yes even after its nerfs in Fates it's still pretty broken, forcing you to always pair up for best performance.

the game has forced eugenics for the sake of throwing as many "features" as possible. The Garrison bullshit took 30% dev time hence the story is super short. The gameplay is easy, even in Lunatic for all games with Conquest being harder but still not really hard in general.

Also conquest has the most retarded story where Corrin cucks himself by returning to the man who wanted to kill him because muh family. it's a really forced story.

Revelations makes more sense than Conquest , Birthright is shit, and conquest had better Difficulty for sure. But better gameplay? no. Not at all, all the three paths are easy peasy shit simply because of the Partner system. Awakening suffered this issue too but at least in awakening you had a proper story with around 45+ chapters to play + Free DLC and post-game. Fates has NO post game.

Well then the question becomes how do you fix the partner system so that the gameplay doesn't suffer as much from it? Or better yet, how could the developers make it so the partner system improves the gameplay? Since I doubt this system is going anywhere in the immediate future due to how well the last two games have sold.

I killed Heintz in FE7 but the damn game isn't letting me proceed to the Gaiden chapter.

It's patched with the tutorial-killer if that means anything.

god i hate everyone except Lucius, Serra, and Erk

If you're on chapter 7, you have to finish the chapter in 15 turns or less for the gaiden chapter.

Should've clarified that the chapter isn't letting me procees at all. Beating in under 15 turns or otherwise doesn't end the chapter.

The deserts and forests may be tedious to get through, but unless you're fighting enemies every turn, they don't really add more than a few minutes at the most. I think it was more to not make horse-riding units so OP. They dominate on regular terrain in that game, so the devs probably put all of that in there so that the player wouldn't become reliant on them alone.

Simple, make it an actual 2-on-2 battle system where the back guy isn't 100% safe. Rescuing actually has a stat penalty, and use that stupid Guard Gauge from Fates to determine when a Dual Guard will happen. And don't have it drain or be used on 0 damage attacks (that has to be the most physically retarded component to any mechanic I've seen yet).

And just have it like Path of Radiance where support levels increase by just deploy them on the same map instead of gluing them together by the crotches.

Oh, and to the fags that said "Conquest has the best gameplay of the series," I would personally feed you the shitfest that's name Chapter 20.

Gameplay wise (Conquest/Nohr) it's better than Awakening, but story wise not so much.

Currently playing Mystery of the Emblem, I plan on going through the entire Super Famicom series and then maybe Gaiden and maybe go back to finishing the GBA games which I've never completed. (I was close to finishing them but for some reason my saves were erased.)

Also
Granted, I haven't played all of the series yet and can't really say, but we're missing a vital thread component here.
People like Hector because he doesn't wield a sword, but why does no one talk about Ephraim?

These "fans" are what fire emblem fates and awakening have brought into the community

Somewhat better than liking the yurifag, but then again all 2nd gen along with the Awakening cast in Fates are shit.

There is nothing wrong with Fuga's wild ride
It forces you to break formation and deal with the repercussions. Nothing wrong with that for a strategy game.

What about Ephraim? Dude has the personality of a block of wood.

Chapter 10 does the "break formation and deal with consequences" shit better than 20 does, anyway.

I just finished my first playthrough of FE7, and I can confirm that Hector = God. Anyone who says otherwise is wrong.

Hector is a useless shit compared to the best lord.

I just beat FE9 on the Japanese maniac mode. What a fucking ride that was.

I feel like they developed birthright first and then halfway though conquest they decided to add a third route and split conquest up.

I like that he is a lord that uses a spear though.