Just How Safe a Space is VR?

Who's right?

Other urls found in this thread:

red*dit.com/r/Vive/comments/4tsk8e/seriously_screw_people_like_this/?st=iqx4fusq&sh=0790fa7d
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Hahahahahahahaha How The Fuck Is Cyber Bullying Real Hahahaha Nigga Just Walk Away From The Screen Like Nigga Close Your Eyes Haha

BroTeam's recent videos fucking around with the Vive are the first time I thought VR could be fun.

Oh, he thinks 4chan is still the wild west. He obviously has no idea what he's talking about.

Was this about that social VR thing? I remember this coming up before and it's still full fucking retarded. If you don't want to interact with other people maybe fucking don't, you ditzy bitch.

spamming is annoying and can make it harder to read messages that are important to you. an ignore/block feature is required.

some twat waving his hands in front of your eyes or similar shit is annoying and takes your focus off of what you wanna focus on, so there should be a feature to prevent/disable that.

take your agenda somewhere else

It's voluntary so it doesn't matter how "safe" it is.
Like killing yourself.
Ultimately you put yourself in that situation and it isn't really anyone's fault but your own.

Which is why Obongos "telling someone to kill themselves and they do it is manslaughter" law is legitimately fucking retarded. Considering one, killing yourself is a choice and two if you're going to go 1984 thought crime on it, it should be classed as murder, not manslaughter because murder has a lighter sentence and is more fitting for the "crime". If anything the person who made that law should be guilty of manslaughter considering "If you kill yourself for the up to a minute before death we will torture whoever told you to kill yourself for 25-70 years" is like the ultimate motivation to kill yourself just knowing your quick basically painless death will lead to several decades of suffering for basically anyone of your choosing.

fuck man i just wanted to fuck with people throug hthe infinity

It's a slippery slope OP, considering that what we are experiencing right now is most likely a simulation as well.

That's inconsequential.

reminded me of part deuce. pic related.

Also, This isn't about whether or not there should be a block/mute feature. There already is. But they implemented an anti-groping feature. I should have made that more clear in the OP.

You can't stop the groping

Be very afraid of your buttcheeks

Oh, I see. So this anti-groping thing is just superfluous.
I mean if that doesn't change anything for anybody but the person who decides to use this stupid feature I don't see the issue, still.

Do you think it's a slippery slope? Can I tossle your virtual gonads?

You can tossle my gonads virtual or not, bud.

I don't mind either way, I'm just saying that's how it would go if there weren't some rules.

Both of these screencaps make the OP infinitely worse.

Lets see who has a bigger dick by cock fighting

That assumes that most people will suddenly not care about social norms if it is revealed that we are simulated, which really wouldn't happen because of one of two reasons.
One, we are hardcoded by default for these norms and it is unlikely general behavior will change due to a result of these norms
Two, People will give a shit about that.

I mean really all that would change is that maybe scientists would start calling black holes engine limitations errors.

That's a million dollar VR game idea right there.

btw, here's the link. Just in case anyone wants it.

red*dit.com/r/Vive/comments/4tsk8e/seriously_screw_people_like_this/?st=iqx4fusq&sh=0790fa7d

If I can't have my dick turn into a neon light, I'm not buying it

The first rule of our potentially simulated game-like reality is that it isn't a game and extremely serious. All foundational rules are based on this first one. You take that rule away, everything else goes. It would probably be more fun but also a complete reshuffle with all of the pointless shit people put up with everyday. I'd also imagine the suicide rate, or rage qutting I guess, would dramatically increase.

"If someone takes issue with being touched int he virtual world then they may have severe real life brain issues"

Yeah, it's called PTSD.

And none of the people who are in favour of a VR anti-groping feature actually have PTSD. People who have PTSD are too busy recovering to waste their time playing video games because if they are not recovering then they are a danger to themselves and others.

Considering it's already been proven that Blizzard silence first and might ask questions later, yeah real good example

Oh sweet summer child, he still thinks halfchan is the wild west of the Internet.

Reddit gonna Reddit I suppose.

I was wondering how long it would take for someone to post this here

GUYS GUYS, I JUST HAD THE BEST IDEA. When these VR MMO kind of games launch, virtual bullying and lolcow milking is gonna skyrocket to a whole new level. Imagine the SL spergs getting triggered over your character touching them and shit like that, or in some other game that would allow hand motion recognition. The possibilities are endless.

So we'll get to see the glorious return of Ralph?!

Ralph please go

no

but couldn't you mod it locally so hands remain? how stupid are these people to try and make VR = real life.

That's great user, but you seem to forget that only SJWs have an agenda and you must be a Jewish shill from leftypol.

Needing any defence from any online harassment should be least of your worries.

What game is this even?

Woah
You actually think
You actually
Think
We give a
Fuck
About VR
Woah

Holla Forums is a large group of people with mostly similar opinions and a shared hobby, and most of the people in this group don't give a fuck about VR.

So going by that retards logic I have been virtually raped and murdered thousands of times in competitive matches because I didn't give "consent" to be killed.
Well shit better call my lawyer and make some shekels form this.

I don't see an issue with this as long as it doesn't affect game mechanics and is optional. It's like a spam filter except for visual noise instead of text spam.

Meanwhile, in the real world…..

Cant wait until we get some people hacking vr while people are playing without them knowing. So much potential for fun.

Somewhat relevant: Got permanently banned from coolhole for saying π‚π”π‚πŠπŽπ‹πƒπ„πƒ ππˆπ†π†π„π‘ in the chat. I typed it in a unicode font because they put up a word filter.

SCOOT BACK