Dragon's Dogma

Let's have a Dragon's Dogma thread.

No, the games sucks.

Fuck Dragon's Dogma. This is now an EDF thread.

EDF! EDF! EDF!

user do you even know how to play the game?

Mercedes best girl.

First time I played it, as the warrior class (or whichever one uses the huge broadswords), I didn't really enjoy it. How can I have fun when I replay it?

Sorcerer, MA or MK.

I played MA for a while, found it dull. Honestly, Ranger was the class I liked best.

Did you level up your magic skills before switching to MA? MA and MK are useless without magic abilities.

THE WIND IS PUSHING ME

its been a while that the game has come out, how are the mods now?

I played the demo and it fucking sucked. Pawns did most of the work and wouldn't shut the fuck up.

Easy don't enlist pawns and play solo, or only have your main pawn. There's also an option to have them not talk.

So the game's balancing doesn't depend on you making full use of pawns? If I did that, would I have to deal with a bullshit grind to play at the same levels, or is strategy effective enough to overrule the difference in power?

You get more exp the fewer pawns you have, so you shouldn't have to grind.

can we do a thread on good game

Sounds like you're just fucking bad.

Overrated ARPG without any RPG in it.
And combat is pure shit.
You pedos only love it for lolies.

You get more xp for having less pawns and your pawns are retarded anyways.

how far in did you get as the warrior

Even with all that it is still one of the top games in the past 5 years

I completed the game.

Remember Arisen.
Autists sing in pack.

I wish the game had better combat.
Climbing big monsters is damn awesome BUT way too often it sucks because the camera angles fuck up so the way you are going also gets fucked up and in some cases like the few big dragons you cant see shit.

Also getting locked into animations without change to dodge roll, block or jump after many skills is annoying.
Not that big of a problem in basegame as it's relatively easy and takes place in open spaces without you having to fight too many enemies at same time but in BBI it shows how shitty it all actually is because cranked corridors full of bad guys on steroids.

I really like the pawn-system though but again it sucks dogshit on BBI practically forcing you to play Magick Archer just to deal with all the living armors, ghosts and.. oh wait that one metal golem and it's medal are immune to magic so GL damaging the ones that are on inaccessible areas for melee with your magical bow while your pawns are too retarded to do so!

3/5 it's okay

I just started playing and the wind isn't pushing me. It feels that you all lied to me about this.

So many anons say this. Me thinks they can't git gud. DD has the best fucking 3rd person melee & magic combat. The whole game is just one big lead up to the real game, though. The DLC area.

More like th biggest fuck-up in the whole game.

It's clear they tried to get the Derp Souls audience but it just wont work with DD's combat, gameplay and how the encounters are done.

i can't fucking breathe

Perhaps. But Dank Souls didn't invent that kind of level design. I think it was fun. Demon's Souls was good anyway.

At least the DLC area actually had unique and challenging mixes of enemies, utilising all the different types of damage, magic, status effects etc. There's quite a few environments where vertical combat is encouraged. Dank Souls has very little of that.

Are we getting raided by 4cucks? I don't remember DD threads ever being this cancerous.

They were even more cancerous while the general was up non-stop after the PC release.

Japanese Skyrim

DD has a pretty obnoxious fanbase as it is, but there's no way the series isn't being targeted by some divide and conquer baph/irc/whatever chucklefucks.
Probably the obnoxious and childish compromising the majority of the fanbase makes DD an easy target, that and the game being undeniably majorly flawed due to all the development kerfuffle. I'd be going after DD threads too if it weren't for that I rather like the game, and that I'd rather not contribute to the turning of 8/v/ into a shitheap

Gorecyclops are just regular cyclos on steroids and in tighter corridors
Magic Knights or whatever they are are just stupid shit if you dont play MA or MK and dont talk about magic weapons because those deal absolutely shit damage especially when your innate +magick is almost 0 if you didnt play those or sorc/mage vocs.
Poisoned undeads are nothing but health sponges
Hell most enemies from those to Cursed Dragons are just what you saw in basegame only this time on steroids!
Eliminators were kinda neat though and worked fairly well with the level design and oh right…

The level design…
I admit it wasnt halfway bad but not decent either, some areas like the fallen city were just damn gorgeous and neat. Too bad you couldnt get inside any of the buildings AND post-daimon it's stupid bullshit mostly because 2 wyrms casting shit up.
Had they just thrown those dragons in the trash where they belong and instead thrown some monsters on the rooftops and perhaps zombies down the corridors in addition to what was allready there it would've been a lot better.

Also SAME FUCKING MAPS ON SEVERAL FUCKING LOCATIONS!

This post from cuckchan's /vg/ sums it up perfectly:
the problems of BBI though it wasnt THAT BAD pre-daimon when you were going through it. Most annyoing thing i pretty much had was the pawns being pawns as in retarded which really shows at BBI and Death being big fuck you and also getting constantly reminded of that shitshow that was Dragon Age 2 because it too used same maps for dungeons constantly.
that shit just ruins the feeling of exploration, progression and that shit man.

The only cuck there is
you

why are half your points valid criticisms about why BBI was dull and uninspired and the other half just ranting about how the game is too hard and isn't a "souslike experience"

I never saidi the game is too hard you inbred mongoloid, in fact the basegame is easy as fuck though that's not a bad thing as it's executed fairly well and BBI isnt really hard either.

BBI is just tedious with shitty mechanics that they likely thought the "Git Gud"-audience will like but i cant see how anyone can defend Death, health sponges and monsters on steroids on dark tight corridors with the combat system DD has.

So what next? Are you going to nitpick on my grammar?

Wrong. it was end-game for the core audience that actually continued playing after fucking the princess and warrior bruting it through the story.

Never tried to. He's shit.

Buzzwords buzzwords buzzwords. You could say this about literally any enemy that is a more advanced or harder variation of another. Hell, difficulty scaling is just slowly adding steroids to you.

How about the new moves they get? How about certain dragons remaining almost completely airborn? What about certain enemies that are completely different to fight because of elemental effects? Or unique grabs and punishment for getting knocked down, surrounded etc.

Look, I'm not saying you have no legit complaints. But the flaws DD has are X100 worse in other games. I don't think it's deserving of all the hate it gets about these things, especially by normalfags which are the faggots who spout it the most and then go play Oblivion 2: Electric Skygaloo.

Sure a saurian on fire is just a variant, but it changed how you approached it, made the environment a bigger factor (they could re-ignite from touching fire and big ones started out extinguished). That's already a ton more effort that a lot of other games even bother to put in for variant monsters which is just up the damage/defence, new skin, give it 'Ancient' pre-name or some shit.

The dual knights were just target-priotisation. Not a gaming sin, user. The huge knight was melee first half, magic second half. Simple, not entirely ambitious but definitely nothing to be ashamed of or worth complaining about.

And how about those hitboxes. Tightest I've seen in a long while. Meanwhile every other game has the fuckest hitboxes ever which is why I can barely play any of em' and avoid MMOs which are just giant cube hitboxes with models in them and die rolls for crit.

Death isn't meant to be fought, and is a poorly designed enemy. Being able to kill him is more of a design choice to allow freedom to players who are autistic adamant about doing everything instead of making it straight up invincible. The fault here stems from death being asininely easy to avoid in combat, so the threat only exists from pawns fighting poorly. Bear in mind the 'come' command and the run button exist.
You've mentioned the giant undead? Those enemies are incredibly weak to magic, especially fire and burning, while being incredibly resistant to physical damage.
why aren't you or one of your pawns a blue class?
pawns are only stupid if you never play as a class from the same class colour as your pawn and never summon (intelligent) pawns of the same colour class them.
There is a valid criticism here: The pawn development system is dumb in that they do not learn from their own experience, they learn from observing others player character and summoned pawns, meaning that usually only perform well they're the same/similar class as the main character. This goes against the fact that just about any person playing an rpg with a 4 character to party limit will not be doubling up jobs for their permanent second party member.
If you're complaining that the vast majority of BBI is reskins that is completely valid, a lot of them only have barely reworked behaviour and skill patterns.
if you're complaining that the attack speed or patterns are too unpredictable then yes, git-gud. Additionally, saying that DD has a shitty combat system is equivalent to saying dmc3/4 have shitty combat systems, so yes, git gud. Go play tera if you wanna see an arpg with loose hitboxes and monsters being ADD with their attack telegraphing.

Dragon's Dogma isn't designed as a single player xXxL0n34ssiss3nxXx muh souls game, and trying to play it like one while ignoring huge aspects of the game's mechanics, then expecting the game to cater to your whims, is very much so in the realm of casual play, so perhaps you're playing the wrong game.

why do you do theses things to yourself?

But this is wrong and also bullshit. Death is meant to be fought in waves. He flees after you chip off a bar of his health. So what you're meant to do is just slap his shit as hard as possible when he turns up and cause him to flee. This is the intended way to fight Death. However, that's kinda tedious so players just stunlock the dipshit so he can't flee or sleep and kill your pawns.