KOJIMA TOYS! NOW WITH 100% LESS GAMES

Yes, he made toys of his production logo.
No, there's no footage of a videogame at all yet.

Yes, Kojima has and always will be a highly overrated hack.

Other urls found in this thread:

nichegamer.com/2016/07/21/hideo-kojima-reveals-company-mascot-luden-figurines/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

OH COOL
THIS ONE LIGHTS UP

MAKES ME FORGET ABOUT HOW MUCH OF A FAILURE KOJIMA IS

BOY I WISH THERE WAS A
GAME
THIS WAS FROM

link: nichegamer.com/2016/07/21/hideo-kojima-reveals-company-mascot-luden-figurines/

but he made games like metal gear, that one gba game, some other mech game, but he made metal gear so HE HAS TO BE GOOD

didn't lots of his games have some kind of figure available/advertised well before release? although it's annoying to see figs before gameplay footage, the gooks love their figs and make some cool ones, so it comes with the package of most popular media out there

also you forgot that the character in the logo is from the game, that was put out there awhile back. and this does give us a better look at this guys suit

it wasn't JUST SOME MECH GAME YOU SON OF A BITCH

No, they did not.

of established franchises and/or anime girls
This is neither.

What game? Oil Spill Fetus: Kojima's Hollywoody for Norman Reedus ?

Not likely, and even if so, you'd think a man known for videogames would concern himself first with videogames

Besides all that THE STUPID THING HAS HIS LOGO ON THE FLAG

It's embarrassing, mate.

ZOE's premise was interesting and the combat wasn't bad, but the mech designs were garbage.

ITT people mad over nothing.

Why exactly is this a problem?
Getting one artist, who probably has nothing to do, to make a figurine out of a model that's already done isn't going to affect the rest of the dev team very much.

I'm more here to have a good time ripping into him over this than angry

How much are they paying you guys?

Sperging aside I was curious with something. When I was going about how vague, retarded and uninteresting the Death Stranding trailer is some guy just went "well kojima said the trailer isn't indicative of anything in the game."
Which begs the question why the fuck is that trailer even a thing? Why not CGI gameplay mockup of what the cutscenes game might play like or another 2deep4u trailer that actually says something interesting about the game?

Six gorillion dollars.

Because Kojima thinks he is a director of movies. Hence why 4 of his last 'games' had more cutscenes than TLoU

I want to rim Kojimas tight Filipino butthole

okay but here's the thing. and don't think i'm defending like mgs4 here, but in between the skippable cutscenes of a kojima game, there was gameplay, TLOU decided to blur the lines and deliver most of the games exposition by forcing the player to walk slowly and listen to the cunt NPCs

mgs2 and 3 are riddled with cutscenes but after them you can just play the fucking game, and if you don't care about the cutscenes you can skip them. i actually fear that death stranding will do more of that bullshit where the lines are blurred instead of a good and honest cutscene

Because that would not be
and it would detract from the TV actor Kojima got for his new project, which he's ever so excited about ever since he got close to that one –Judaist– producer/agent guy from Hollywood that hooked him up with Keifer for MGSV

Kojima is the embodiment of Western devs' hunger to be "like Hollywood" rolled into one eggroll.

Mock gameplay would focus people on a game rather than generate buzz about vague nothing which, because its Kojima, may undergo several rewrites before it's remotely done. Keeping it vague keeps his options open to –haphazardly inject whatever cool movie scenes he recently saw– shift the narrative focus of the next –movie– game he makes.

He signed with Sony and he can't share stuff regarding his game unless he is told to.

confession time.

i really like how luden looks and I want to get one of these cause it looks really rad.

I want to fuck Kojima

Oh no
I never considered that.

Especially since he's signed on with Sony, that's a very real possibility.

But hey, Sony isn't all "muh cinematics"! Remember Bloodborne? yeah!
Surely Kojima will make a real videogame now rather than a scarcely interactive Hollyflick
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

We got an expert here.

You are a flaaaaaaaming it is a cool design
shame it's wasted on this, though

huehue
No but really, that's exactly the case. Why else would it be the nothing that it was?

a little bit, yeah. Maybe it'll appear in some game? maybe an ongoing easter egg in the new kojima games?

I'm sorry, I couldn't hear you over how amazing Snatcher is.

Ebin

Yes, he got cucked by the west, it's almost as he was snatched but i want to believe.

MGSV was somewhat pure in its gameplay to cutscene ratio save for the hospital and some other debatable scenes, but its still worrying especially since he does like lots of casual western stuff

Give me a real response, friends. Why the fuck should I care that he's selling some figurines? This somehow makes him a bad man now? Is this thread soley to advertise said figurines or is this some low-quality bait from OP into getting (You)?

Really? I thought the premise was dumb and the combat was boring - the mech designs were one of the only things I liked.

As far as Kojimbo's new game goes there's jack shit released about his new game as far as I know so there's really nothing I can say about it.

truly ebin

Probably due to lack of interest, it's insulting how he expects people to be interested in something so vague.

If you're going to make business, at LEAST make it interesting and marketable, this is nothing more but a quick buck from Kojima fanboys.

Also, fuck you and your sage.

I'll just read Blade Runner

It better not be a stupid Easter egg.
I actually wouldn't mind if it was basically the Skull Knight character of a new title, not the protagonist himself but filling a role like that.

But again, that's only if it's actually a game and not a $60 film

I really do have a feeling it will only get worse.
Nothing good comes from giving a narcissist more money, attention and freedom, especially when said narcissist is essentially sitting in the company of mirrors.
He's a cinema-grape sitting on a vine of cinema-grapes.

I really, genuinely would like to see myself proven wrong.

user come on

I'm not saying he's a bad man.
I am, however, saying

Someone didn't play past the first act

Dude, you're defending the selling of an emblem of a studio that has yet to release any games, and the only 'game' they have in production is 2deep4u bullshit that is to be expected from the modern Kojima.

As it stands, this figurine is just an advertisement for some no-name studio. A senseless way to grab cash. You can argue it doesn't affect you, but it will. If you aren't up in arms against this now, who knows what lengths they'll take later? This is the exact same thing that happened with expansion packs back in the 2000's. If any other game company did this, I guarantee you'd be up in arms about it, but Kojima gets a free pass here.
I think it's because he is Japanese, and we all know Japanese content gets a free pass when it is discussed on Holla Forums.

I thought it was from his game? If it's not even merch for an unreleased game that sounds like even less of a "problem", what is the issue?

Premise to the first game was some kid in a battle-scarred republic happens upon a robot and tries not to die
Second game is where it got retarded but also interesting to me, that the protag's life was literally linked to the robot. It was fun in a metatextual sense since, if the robot dies, so does the player. Meh.

Combat was also kind of fun to me, though maybe that's just glasses I'm wearing

As for the designs, COCKpits was always a hideous cheap joke that was literally implanted into the design of the mechs, and they look just as impractical and awful as they are.

There's a reason most mecha stories have cockpits in the chest or head.

Exactly his plan, I guess.

see further for more details

Depends which ZoE and how you look at it. ZoE 1 exists purely for good atmosphere and neat short story. ZoE 2 exists solely for quality gameplay. You gotta look at ZoE 2 as if it was like a DBZ game if you're gonna enjoy it. Max difficulty is also not a bad idea.

Orrr maybe he's promoting his brand, just like the tons of Kojipro Metal Gear merchandising? Pretty standard business stuff, you have to set yourself up as a brand if you want to be anywhere near successful. As long as the figurine isn't shit then I have no reason to be mad about it.
Again, it IS his logo/brand/company/concept/whatever. I have no idea how selling some toys makes you a shitty human being. Now if this happened say five years from now and still no product, I'd be more likely to ask what the fuck he's doing.
You're probably right about the quick buck part but again if it's a solid product then I see no wrongdoing. People want a product and they are getting what they pay for. Also, how is that hype teaser not interesting/marketable? I can hardly name a single trailer in my entire life as odd and surreal as Death Stranding. Call me a shill but whatever.
Shit thread gets a sage. This is either marketing or some poor attempt to get people to make a mountain out of a molehill. Call me when he does some Star Shitizen shit.

The fact that you're giving me a "anan, are you FUCKING GIDDINGS ME???" reply just makes me believe more that you're some next-level shill.

Read my first reply, also
Slippery slope, selling a toy isn't jack shit. I don't fucking care, I really don't. Call me back when the toy is attached to DLC among other jewishness. Dude is selling a damn toy, if your life is that boring that you need to get salty about some nip selling a toy then you need to reevaluate yourself.

Because like the last user said, it's just a cash grab from Kojima fanboys. It has no value outside of being made by Kojima. If Kojima wasn't involved in it's production, it wouldn't sell a single unit.

Figurines of licensed characters need backgrounds and recognizability in order to sell. This… logo thing has zero background.

I don't care if people sell company merchandise. This is different, though. Kojima Productions has no image. It's even more soulless than selling merchandise for a product that hasn't been released yet.
I must add that you're pretty good at this. Whatever they're paying you clearly isn't enough.

I'm not mad, I'm saying it's simply not interesting, I'm not the OP, Holla Forums is not a hivemind.

Never said this either, but it makes it obvious that you are only trying to use the built up hype for said toy, and making it obvious about it being a cash-in. Something that people who aren't oblivious fanboys see right through.

There's no wrong doing, just laziness on his part. Some, more passionate people COULD see that as wrong, and I do understand how they feel, to an extent

Listen to me, boy; It's more about having the balls to sell a vague, bland product, than the toy itself, I don't care what they sell, as long as it has strong merit. THIS, does NOT have strong merit.
How it's introduced here basically screams "You like me, give me your money. Bend over"
All I'm simply going to do is not buy it. I don't care much for this, but other people might.

Once again, shit threads are subjective, the only thing I can possibly agree with you is people making a mountain out of a molehill.

Unless I am seriously missing something it doesn't even have dlc on it like an amiibo. It's literally just a figurine, and if I understand this correctly it's not even from a game, but of the company logo.

But companies release merchandise all the time, it's not a new concept.

Did a jap rape your sister or something?

At least they're paying unlike you NEET neckbeard jokers with fuckall to show for.

What could possibly go wrong

Good, because that's exactly what this is.
It's not.
Tell that to the the original logo design that immediately conjures up the idea of the Kojima brand and the Stranding trailer
Selling a single figurine to build hype isn't soulless, it's how business works. They're clearly selling it because there is an interest in it. The only things they have provided us are a figurine and a trailer, along with a few images. That's it. If you want to get up in arms about that then I have no idea how you function when it comes to 99% of the companies currently operating and jewing the masses.

Again, so fucking what? This is way too much autism over a toy. Every company out there does this exact same shit. This is how people market their shit. As long as they're not screwing someone over with a bad product then I can't get mad. Now if the game ends up being shit THEN I'll be upset but since we have nothing to go on besides a teaser then I refuse to pass judgment on any of this.
Again, this is literally how capitalism works. He's actually showing RESTRAINT by only releasing a single figurine. If the figurine ends up being shit, I will be upset. If he does nothing but release toys and hype with no product shown for years to come, I will be upset. If the game ends up being shit, I will be upset. But none of those things have happened yet, so I don't give a flying fuck. It's business as usual. Nobody has to buy the damn thing, it's simply out there for autists who enjoy plastic statues and are interested in the design of the character. There is a market for a single product to be made and they are going for it, what's more important is that they are restraining themselves to that current product. For now, at least. The only thing that's happening in this thread is tons of autistic guessing as to what will happen next.

Nigga please. Every MGS game after 2 is better.
Except Portable Ops, of course.

kojima won't get a single dime from me until I get Chapter 3.

More like Metal Gear 2.

Good retort.

SELLING A FIGURINE OF YOUR COMPANY LOGO WHEN YOUR COMPANY HAS YET TO EVEN PROVE ITSELF IN ANY REGARD
is soulless to a whole new level

This is why I said "come on" user, because look at this.
Look at it!
It's a figure set for a LOGO of a studio that hasn't even produced a game yet!

You don't see this as absolutely ridiculous and, perhaps, a bit egotistical since–you know–the toy itself carries a flag with Kojima's name stamped on it?

If Sonic or Mario games did not exist and Nintendo or Sega had not made a single game yet but they started selling Mario and Sonic figures it would still be less ridiculous than this.

Why?
Because those characters are not the logos of the company–they are mascots.
So yes, this is exactly three levels above ridiculous.

Again, this is literally not part of the subject whatsoever.

Stop being a fanboy pretending to "totally not care, guys".
And if you're not a fanboy then you wouldn't be working this hard to defend something this ridiculous.

Or maybe I'm having a ball over how shekel-grubby and egotistical this guy is with his new doll.
But hey, call me a "hater" if you'd like. But this is retarded.

If I may be allowed to interject. Is there really any other need for a figure to exist other than; Will this look good in my Detolf and do I want it?

Anything else should be considered an additional bonus. Except maybe, "Can I get any shekels back, reselling it after I hotglue it?

I have my complaints about Kojima too, but I can at least make them in more than one sentence or greentext, unlike you unintelligent redditfags.

How many hours of cinematics will his new game have before you get to control anything? I'm guessing 1 hour and 15 minutes.

Then go ahead and make them
Do it. Prove it.

You get to control it from the start, is what I figure.
By pressing "Start" and letting it play the movie from there

Very good point, but don't you want something tethered to something established beforehand?

What's the point of buying a logo of a studio that's done exactly nothing yet?
Pepsi man would make a better figure than this.

Anyway, I thought this would generate more buzz since it's both retarded, shallow, and smells like Mighty all over again, but I guess not.

If it's got nothing to do with video games why the fuck does it matter?

Let me repeat myself:
Buying figures of your waifu or a series you like is obviously an important plus point. But if it looks terrible, you're probably not gonna want it. Then again, Griffin is still in business, so what do I know.

Anyway, there are figures that are based on one-off illustrations or comic magazine covers. And there are plenty of OC figures as well. So what's the big deal with this particular mascot figure?

This is gonna be another inafune situation isn't it?

And people still try and defend Kojima on this board

He's not capable of making a genuine video game, that fucking studio is going to close before The legend of death stranding gets eve half done just you watch.

Normally they release an actual product that the merchandise is based off of. This is the height of hubris where they're selling something based off of "who knows exactly what the fuck it is". You wouldn't buy Ferrari merchandise before they started making good cars, same applies here

Because his team should be working on video games instead of selling toys

That's not really a valid argument. His team likely consists of lots of product, promotion, and PR people who have nothing to do with making games. What IS a valid argument is this image:
Trying to establish a franchise before there's even a product out is fucking terrible, just like Inafune did. Doing it for a company logo that has no products and only the clout of having worked on something worthwhile prior is nearly the same as what Inafundme did, if not even more pre-emptive. I will be really fucking salty if this turns out the same.

I love how every Kojima thread, either for or against him, is 1000% shitposting.

Kojima himself actually had very little to do with ZOE. He was just a producer.

Fuck, meant to say "includes," not "consists of."

Kojima is obviously Brazilian.

Except he isn't even trying to establish a franchise, it's just a toy figure.

He's trying to establish a franchise using toys based on his company logo, which may or may not be a character in a franchise.

MGS3 was Kojimas last good game.
But he has had decent ones since then. MGS4 did have some high points

If you buy this pointless shit, your an idiot.

Metal Gear Solid 4 is the worst game of the last 20 years. Easily. A complete and utter disaster of game design.

If you're not going to make serious posts, at least put some thought into your shitposts.

You know his company isn't actually making the toys, right? They're being made by Good Smile, Max Factory and 1000toys. It's literally the second line in the article. The full extent of Kojima's interaction is probably sending over some concept art of the mascot and then looking at the final project to say if it's okay or not.

Are you fucking blind? Hes clearly Irish.

That would imply there is any game to it.

You're wrong, but I don't blame you. The Irish and Britbongs do look a lot alike.

It is a valid argument because they're a video game company saying they're making a game(at E3 a video game expo) announcing their toy to a video game audience. It's totally valid.
Who better not outnumber the actual programmers and the art team and take over the creative direction which this is showing. And those PR guys are planning on selling an idea,brand based off of assumptions and not an actual game at this point which is a problem.
Which is the exact problem this is and should be worrying to everyone who sees this. Not a reason to jump and defend kojima
The pattern is looking similar and this is when my first flage is raised to be worried

I hate Mark as much as you, but starting a Kojima hate campaign sadly isn't gonna get the kike off our board, he doesn't really give a fuck anymore at this point.

Why is there always some sperg making long ass angry posts and replying to everyone, ON EVERY KOJIMA THREAD?

You guys do know this is Yoji Shinkawa's work right?

Kojima is a director, not an art designer. Yoji is an artfag otaku, obviously he wants cool toys. Consider this like what 3A does.

I'll hate kojima when his pretentious Norman Reedus and the funky fetus game turns out to be shit. But this is just otaku shit.

Because almost every thread gets at least one person making long all-reply sperg posts, why would Kojima threads be exempt?

I know it's hard to tell the difference between a brit and an Iranian, but he's clearly a damn dirty Iraqi.

3A is Ashley Wood though, the guy who did the Peace Walker cutscenes. This is I think more just Japanese toy companies being willing and eager to make toys out of anything, hell Good Smile is making fucking Dota nendoroids now.

Japs gonna jap and I love them for it. I think the truth is this board has a lot of anti-Kojima fags who are desperate to gain some foothold as most of the board love Metal Gear.

I don't know man, it's clearly targeting kojima fanboys. There's demand so kojima (or sony) only supplys it. Fans got their toys, kojima teams got some neat bucks.

Not like the people complaining about this shitty figurine will buy kojima's new movie though.

What I mean is Loads of people make toys without media to back them up. Macbess does it sometimes.

Anyhow, At least Nendoroids are better than those fucking disgusting Pop figures, holy fuck… no wonder Mudslimes want to destroy the west if we make those.

new simpsons

The simpsons movie is probably the best thing to come out of that shit show in years, and even then it's around a decade old.

Either somebody who fails to realize that shitposting is supposed to be Low-Input/High-Output or a legit autismo trying to convince the Holla Forums hivemind he's right.

Either way, he's fucking retarded and when the game comes out (if it comes out) anyone with a brain will pirate first, buy maybe.

They're making one for Korra as well.
They've seen a market. The West has proved itself incapable of making or contracting out the manufacture of good toys, but has also proved that there is a market for it, and they'd be fools not to give people what they want.

It makes Japan and GSC stronger regardless and they need and deserve our money. They've got a war coming, and they need to be as strong as they can be to fight the Russians and Chinese.

That's just it. Nendoroids are articulate, highly detailed and well equipped playsets. Munnys and Pop figures and others are trash.

I'm sorry is this an amiibo locking game content away? no? its just a toy?

THATS IT, SKYS FALLING WORLD IS A FUCK 198,735,254,234 DEAD COPS I AM TRASH MAN KILL EM ALL 1989

You don't understand the point, it's not just because of a toy being made. Maybe read the thread and you'll see why anons are buttmad

Kojima Corp's logo already has more lore than games they actually produced.

Now that's just wrong, user.

He hasn't made a good game since MGS3

Pop figures suck. For me, it's the dead-sharkeyes that kill it for me.

Okay, but why should I give a shit?

What I don't get is why Kojima is promising so much for his new game. An E3 trailer, and now this?
It's either a desperate move for success from an aging dev, or an all-in gamble. For his sake I hope the fetus game is good.

They're an ugly shape, and are just statues. So; shitty statues. I can't see any appeal, except for fans desperate for figures of things they like.

That makes them pretty depressing, because they're a product to exploit the desperate, coming from a company with money to make better (they can afford the licenses, after all).

I agree the shark eyes aren't cool either.

Credit to the Japs, they see markets and exploit them without injecting their own agendas into them.

Everyone in this thread is a faggot, especially OP.

this tenfold and I wouldn't be suprised if konami shills are behind it