PS2 Thread

Playing this for the first time. What should I expect outside a cinematic FPS?

A pretentious man's Monster Hunter.

A pretentious man's Zelda.

The plane scene

Shadows and at least one Colossus.

It's a gay game for weebs with repetitive bosses and absolutely nothing else to do. The story is fucking shit. The graphics are blandest brown and grey shit you'll ever see, with complimentary piss filter. Jesus, they could've at least made the graphics a bit more appealing. The only redeeming value is the horse, so there's no reason to play this shit unless you're a brony horsefucker who like bland and generic anime story.

Not even that. This game on PS2 hit 20fps most of the time. I don't think on emulator is that much better either, you should get the HD remaster on PS3 if possible.

A pretentious man's Shadow of the Colossus.

more like 12 fps

Expect the 3rd colossus to be the best and if anyone disagrees they're a fucking faggot.

This game is actually good. You whining faggots.

It's a bit boring when you're actually playing it, but it's interesting from a design and technical standpoint.

The colossus are generally fun to fight, but sometimes it can be tricky to know what to do next. Like the very first colossus has a climbable arm but you can't advance by jumping onto his arm, you're supposed to climb from his leg to his butt.

Otherwise pretty straightforward, though expect overly long journeys on horseback to get to the colossi.

Also, I didn't know this until after I beat the game since I ignored the environment since there is so little interactivity outside of the fights - but you can cut the tails of certain lizards and shoot fruits out of trees and eat them to upgrade maximum health/stamina - not that you'll ever really need it at all.

Is the OP even still here? Do the OPs of these kinds of threads ever return?

Don't even try to 100% it the first time around

Collecting items is much less of a headache in newgame plus mode. And it takes 2 or 3 playthroughs worth of powerups to max out your stats anyway.

So just focus on finding and killing the collosi
then in the second playthrough, unlock the time attack items and enjoy burning through the collosi while you collect lizards and fruit.

You should expect great music.

The HD remaster has pretty bad input lag. It's been ages since I played the PS2 version, but I don't remember it being that bad.

One of my favorite games

A very boring game. Have fun riding over vast plains of nothing to get from one boss to another.

That's half the experience numb skull.

I tried running it on PSEUX2 or whatever. The framerate made it unplayable

Being so bored you turn off the game is part of the experience?

It's been awhile since I played it, but I don't remember very bad framerate problems. I believe the PS2 I used was the slim though

Great boss fights. The decision to not have smaller enemies in between was a decent design choice at the time, it definitely stood out from other games. Also clearly got ripped off of endless by games like the GoW series. I also respect the fact that they never made a sequel when they could have easily milked a franchise out of it given the game's popularity.

I don't think a sequel would have been feasible considering how much work just the one game was.

For the most part.
Fucked up on the first colossi, good start.

Play shadowman 2 OP, great vame thats actually difficult if you dont cheat by looking online.